IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

• 4 weeks later...

So the Parfitt family put up a blog post on Feb 20th that shows them visiting Daniel and Katherine Staddon.   In the picture,  Katherine is heavily pregnant.   So did she have the baby and the Parfitt's are way behind in posting about their journeys?

• Thank You 1

On 1/27/2019 at 10:36 PM, Sops2 said:

Michael Staddon seems to be the artist in the family. Their online shop has prints from some of his original works

P1020793-modified2.jpg

That's actually pretty good.

In this article years ago, he said that's what he wanted to do - but only if he could be self-taught. He could have been so much better if given an opportunity to be properly trained. Even though he obviously has a knack for bee-keeping and farming as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/2000/07/26/when-parents-are-the-professors/d0a5870e-90ea-402d-accf-3d3f20a6b1d0/

Though - Donald is even sadder. He doesn't seem to do much at all other than "develop his art" (mainly for the benefit of other fundies at their FEW conferences). He's basically Mary Maxwell, if she was male, over 40 and forehead-challenged.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mari2 said:

So the Parfitt family put up a blog post on Feb 20th that shows them visiting Daniel and Katherine Staddon.   In the picture,  Katherine is heavily pregnant.   So did she have the baby and the Parfitt's are way behind in posting about their journeys?

They're way behind - she had the baby in early January. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Mari2 said:

Yes, they had Jubilee already. They never announced the pregnancy but many pictures showed Kathryn with a large belly so we all assumed she was pregnant with #2.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump the Staddon family up the pecking order- looks as if Michael is getting married soon- Elizabeth Frazer has posted pictures of her bridal shower!!

I'm so looking forward to seeing the wedding photos

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

19 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Thought I'd bump the Staddon family up the pecking order- looks as if Michael is getting married soon- Elizabeth Frazer has posted pictures of her bridal shower!!

I'm so looking forward to seeing the wedding photos

I suspect a late July or August wedding on the Frazer farm in Quebec. It will be a year from their engagement but it feels like much longer!

• I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Elizabeth Frazer has posted pictures of her bridal shower!!

There was a remarkable lack of headcoverings among the attendees.  And the shower was a complete surprise!

I can't wait for the wedding.

• Upvote 2

Will James Staddon be doing the wedding photography- do we dare hope for his flying drone to scoop the event?

We had wedding videos from the Staddon / Kowalchuk and Staddon / Neely weddings- do you think the Frazers might go for this?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

We had wedding videos from the Staddon / Kowalchuk and Staddon / Neely weddings- do you think the Frazers might go for this?

I sincerely hope so.

• I Agree 2

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I suspect a late July or August wedding on the Frazer farm in Quebec. It will be a year from their engagement but it feels like much longer!

You are probably right.  I predicted a spring wedding for them before I knew about the visa/immigration issues they had.

I suspect they might marry sooner than that - maybe even later this month. We’ll see!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:56 AM, Palimpsest said:

That was my impression too.  Ma Parfitt sounds like a horror.  And did you read the post with the FB string of interactions with the late Elliot.  Sad.

Some of those posts are quite old though.  He is still shunned but appears to have a lot of friends.  He seems to be doing well and enjoying his life.

And, yes, he has changed his name to Sean (Seanny).  He is on FB as Seanny Drakon Phoenix.  My guess is that the Phoenix is meaningful.

Just fell down this rabbit hole so apologies for a late response.

I found Seanny on FB and discovered to my astonishment that we have at least two mutual friends. Both of these friends are extremely kind, good people so I am glad to know he has friends like that.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I did not know this. I would say a manufactured home may be a good fit for Amanda and Russell. He’s in his 60s and it’s all one level. So having no stairs will be a plus as he gets older. And they don’t need a large home since they won’t have a bunch of kids. 

Based on the fact that she's not pregnant yet (that we know of) and they, like everyone else, are only getting older, I think it is unlikely that they will ever have a child.

This makes me sad for them. I always liked Russell. Yes, I saw his regrettable post on a Rachel Held Evans thread--and in calling it "regrettable," I'm being nice--but he was a good colleague.

• Thank You 3

7 hours ago, VVV said:

Just fell down this rabbit hole so apologies for a late response.

I found Seanny on FB and discovered to my astonishment that we have at least two mutual friends. Both of these friends are extremely kind, good people so I am glad to know he has friends like that.

Based on the fact that she's not pregnant yet (that we know of) and they, like everyone else, are only getting older, I think it is unlikely that they will ever have a child.

This makes me sad for them. I always liked Russell. Yes, I saw his regrettable post on a Rachel Held Evans thread--and in calling it "regrettable," I'm being nice--but he was a good colleague.

I think they knew having kids would be a long shot when they went into the marriage due to their ages. They are around kids a lot even if they don’t have any of their own. They can always be the “fun aunt and uncle” that their nieces and nephews want to hang out with. 

• Upvote 4

Ditto to above VVV. You might like to look at the photo I posted on Disturbing fundie couple 11 Smiths (over in Marriage and divorce section )  - if your trip down the rabbit hole hasn't encountered this gem of a photo of Amanda and Russell's guest room duvet cover.

• Thank You 1

Went to find this thread again about the 11smiths and couldn't find it.

Having saved the image, I thought I'd post it in case anyone out there is looking for wedding present ideas for Michael Staddon and Elizabeth.

If a pitchfork is a welcome Christmas gift for Elizabeth, then a tractor duvet cover should be doubly appreciated

IMG_20190502_151643793.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Love the tractor duvet cover.

But then they are both bee keepers.  More ideas for their wedding.

A matching set of these would be a nice gift:

b2415fc83137593edcb54c7a5eb0a4aa.jpg

Or these might be better:

Spoiler

1b790d60470e0400e5ece2b91aba4482.jpg

The future Mrs Michael Staddon definitely needs one of these too.

Spoiler

il_570xN.717356161_avvj.jpg

For the rehearsal dinner because we know they will use disposable dishes.

Spoiler

691351a3b76e6a9b771a38428f35c871--bee-de

The wedding cake:

Spoiler

cb8665736ddeef000b16e29d0a01cd20.jpg

And the multiple children in the wedding party can carry these signs:

Spoiler

heart_bee_longs_to_jesus_mouse_pad-ra455

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

50 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Love the tractor duvet cover.

But then they are both bee keepers.  More ideas for their wedding.

A matching set of these would be a nice gift:

b2415fc83137593edcb54c7a5eb0a4aa.jpg

Or these might be better:

Hide contents

1b790d60470e0400e5ece2b91aba4482.jpg

The future Mrs Michael Staddon definitely needs one of these too.

Hide contents

il_570xN.717356161_avvj.jpg

For the rehearsal dinner because we know they will use disposable dishes.

Hide contents

691351a3b76e6a9b771a38428f35c871--bee-de

The wedding cake:

Hide contents

cb8665736ddeef000b16e29d0a01cd20.jpg

And the multiple children in the wedding party can carry these signs:

Hide contents

heart_bee_longs_to_jesus_mouse_pad-ra455

We should also recommend those to Victor and Cassie Seppi. Her insta is called "a beekeeper's wife" and she posts about their beekeeping adventures frequently.

Edited by albireo
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I kind of doubt it's him moving, honestly. Even though I imagine WV rentals are pretty cheap, he can't be earning that money as a real estate videographer. I guess it's possible if it were him, James and David together, or something. 

More likely they are helping someone else, or maybe moving their grandfather into a smaller house or something. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I kind of doubt it's him moving, honestly. Even though I imagine WV rentals are pretty cheap, he can't be earning that money as a real estate videographer. I guess it's possible if it were him, James and David together, or something. 

More likely they are helping someone else, or maybe moving their grandfather into a smaller house or something. 

Some of the adult Arndts are moving out to a neighboring house! Anything is possible in fundieland these days! But I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if a brother moved with him. Can’t live alone! You need an accountability partner in your own home.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I might be reaching a bit but could it be for Michael and his soon to be bride Elizabeth?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

37 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I might be reaching a bit but could it be for Michael and his soon to be bride Elizabeth?

Ahh yes! That’s probably it. I swear Michael is the hidden Staddon. I never see him in the instagrams of Jonathan, Esther, or James. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic