• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Palimpsest

The Staddons: Doing things a little bit differently

ophelia
23 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Michael is a Master  Beekeeper and beehive inspector for the Department of Agriculture in WV.

He is the president of the beekeepers association there. He is a talented artist, his drawings are  on sale on the Staddon family website- as well as their honey! He also runs beekeeping courses  of 7 modules  (  all sounds very complicated!)   He says beekeeping is a stewardship of God's creation. Elizabeth is also involved in this work. I think they live on the small "farm" with his parents.

This sounds like an awesome career and not only by fundie standards.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Sops2

Is that Mr Staddon senior in the photo? He has shaved off his beard, but I'm glad to say he looks well despite his illness.

Go for it girls !! ( I see Kathryn and Esther)  and enjoy the rafting!

Howl
5 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am excited that some of the women are getting to white water raft and not just the men. 

Likely in long skirts, but oh well.  But yes.  I'm recalling the Vision Forum approach of allowing only Manly™ Mens to do any type of physical activities. 

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)

I’m glad Elizabeth wanted to go along but that skirt is not a great idea. It could catch on so many things if she fell out of the raft. I went white water rafting in that same river so I know it can get rather dicey at spots. People have died on that river.

6F853B34-D5A6-4CDC-B029-3C3C17F831BF.jpegAlthough I will say that it’s likely a little less rough now in the hot summer than in a rainy spring. I went during a rainy time and the river was fairly rough. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

GuineaPigCourtship

Give me modesty or give me death! It's the fundie way.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

HereticHick

OMG I can't believe they went rafting in New River Gorge in floor length skirts. So dangerous.

Growing up in the Smoky Mountains, I knew people that worked for various rafting companies, and they complained so much every time stupid female students from Bob Jones U. would come rafting in skirts.

JermajestyDuggar
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

OMG I can't believe they went rafting in New River Gorge in floor length skirts. So dangerous.

Growing up in the Smoky Mountains, I knew people that worked for various rafting companies, and they complained so much every time stupid female students from Bob Jones U. would come rafting in skirts.

It looks like Esther and Kathryn have knee length skirts and Elizabeth is the only one in the ankle length skirt. When I rafted down that river, I wore a wetsuit. They would rather die than wear a wetsuit. Literally.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Sops2

The Manly Men all went in the one boat

20200710_200515.jpg

Howl
On 7/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Give me modesty or give me death! It's the fundie way.

Someone please make this a post count! 

usedbicycle

At least Michael is standing in modest solidarity with his wife, in loose suit pants and a button-down shirt layered over a t-shirt. 

Sops2

Looks as if Elizabeth has not been influenced by the Staddon ladies and is still staying true to wearing headcoverings and long skirts

20200718_162009.jpg

Sops2

James Staddon has posted a photo on Lenspiration of his most recent photography workshop. Lots of Young Maidens and one GYM.

Pickles has posted a comment to ask if this is Big Sandy. It is supposed to be on just now, but do we know if anybody is there? They have posted hygiene regulations on the website- masks, social distancing between families etc, and a lots of sessions are being livestreamed. 

Anybody there?

20200730_135709.jpg

usedbicycle
On 7/30/2020 at 9:13 AM, Sops2 said:

James Staddon has posted a photo on Lenspiration of his most recent photography workshop. Lots of Young Maidens and one GYM.

Pickles has posted a comment to ask if this is Big Sandy. It is supposed to be on just now, but do we know if anybody is there? They have posted hygiene regulations on the website- masks, social distancing between families etc, and a lots of sessions are being livestreamed. 

Anybody there?

20200730_135709.jpg

James is around so many single girls through his photography business (photography is a top approved SAHD hobby!). You would think it's a goldmine for finding a wife, but he's single as a pringle at the age of 32. What is it about these aging Staddon boys?

JermajestyDuggar
4 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

James is around so many single girls through his photography business (photography is a top approved SAHD hobby!). You would think it's a goldmine for finding a wife, but he's single as a pringle at the age of 32. What is it about these aging Staddon boys?

I’ve had the exact same thought. He isn’t hideous although he’s no Denver Bontrager. I’m sure plenty of fundie gals would find him attractive. The fact that he’s still single stumps me. 

Triplet3
4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve had the exact same thought. He isn’t hideous although he’s no Denver Bontrager. I’m sure plenty of fundie gals would find him attractive. The fact that he’s still single stumps me. 

The unmarried Staddons seem more enmeshed than most fundies outside of the Arndts, and somewhat infantilised to boot. I expect that puts some fundie maidens off. In addition I have a pet theory that having quite a high number of adult same-sex siblings living together (or nearby) is offputting in itself, particularly when paired with enmeshment, because it makes it harder for a potential romantic partner to 'break into' the group. This is more obvious with the Arndts but I think it's definitely a reason why the Staddons haven't married off many offspring, and why Michael didn't marry until his mid-30s.

JermajestyDuggar
25 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

The unmarried Staddons seem more enmeshed than most fundies outside of the Arndts, and somewhat infantilised to boot. I expect that puts some fundie maidens off. In addition I have a pet theory that having quite a high number of adult same-sex siblings living together (or nearby) is offputting in itself, particularly when paired with enmeshment, because it makes it harder for a potential romantic partner to 'break into' the group. This is more obvious with the Arndts but I think it's definitely a reason why the Staddons haven't married off many offspring, and why Michael didn't marry until his mid-30s.

There is Evelyn Frazer. I suppose since the Frazers have already broken into the Staddon brother shield, Evelyn could make an easier go of it. It’s weird because Staddons actually have a ton of family friends with single daughters. 

Sops2

You would think that two brothers moving into a home of their own would give them an opportunity to stretch their wings, but no.

Their house is crammed  full of techno geek stuff, computers, camera equipment, drones etc. Little sign of living room furniture or organised belongings. Mrs Staddon must have been glad to see the back of all their clutter.

It would take a rather confident , assertive young maiden to break up that  bachelor pad, and to lure a Staddon brother down the aisle.

God has not laid it on their heart so far to take a bride, I think neither of them has any interest whatsoever. Jonathan likes playing with his drones and eating Skittles, and James runs photography workshops with  a dresscode  of modest attire for female participants.  

There may be a young lady somewhere hoping for a Staddon groom, but I don't see either of the brothers approaching their father soon