IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

16 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Cake topper?

0e1ae429e649fd620291f4077628b58a.jpg

It’s only missing a few bees and then it’s perfect. With a little sign that reads: 

“Always bee mine. Udderly yours, forever.”

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

Michael runs Honey Glen Apiaries which seem to be on the Staddon family farm in Salem West Virginia. He launched the business in 2012 and is a Master Beekeeper.

They don't use pesticides or antibiotics, and produce raw honey which has not been pasteurised, (this is safe for healthy adults but not young children or pregnant mothers- but no mention of this on his website)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Michael runs Honey Glen Apiaries which seem to be on the Staddon family farm in Salem West Virginia. He launched the business in 2012 and is a Master Beekeeper.

They don't use pesticides or antibiotics, and produce raw honey which has not been pasteurised, (this is safe for healthy adults but not young children or pregnant mothers- but no mention of this on his website)

He also will train you to bee  (see what I did there??) a politically-incorrect beekeeper: https://www.staddonfamily.com/2018/01/26/new-beekeeping-training-opportunity/

I wonder if his bee business makes enough $$ to support a SAHW and future litter of kids.

• Haha 3

Oh great, now I fell down Michael Staddon's bee class  rabbithole.

Module 1 is all about practical considerations about bee keeping (fair enough) including Character Considerations. The free preview starts off:

"Character is possibly the most important consideration.
Good character only becomes more valuable as it becomes more scarce. Do not be a part of moral decline in society."

He didn't QUITE say you have to surrender your heart to the Lord to gain the patience for bee keeping...but almost!

https://www.honeyglen.com/lesson/lesson-1-9-character-considerations/

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

In the comments Esther waxes lyrical about the honey that gives her the maximum health benefits possible.

It's not done much for her voice I'm afraid. ( if you have never heard Esther speak, go listen to their first vblog)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

He also will train you to bee  (see what I did there??) a politically-incorrect beekeeper: https://www.staddonfamily.com/2018/01/26/new-beekeeping-training-opportunity/

I wonder if his bee business makes enough $$ to support a SAHW and future litter of kids.

Don’t worry. They likely won’t have a litter. They are both older fundies. They could have 0-6 kids.

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

In the comments Esther waxes lyrical about the honey that gives her the maximum health benefits possible.

It's not done much for her voice I'm afraid. ( if you have never heard Esther speak, go listen to their first vblog)

Why are you trying to make people’s ears bleed?!?!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Don’t worry. They likely won’t have a litter. They are both older fundies. They could have 0-6 kids.

I think so, too. I'd be surprised if they had more than 2-3, and not remotely surprised if they have none. 

While I secretly hope that this is a passionate, raging, lustful love match, I suspect things may play out a bit more like the early days of Christopher and Anna Marie. Namely, that they spend a few years circling the wagons before anyone even tries to start a campfire.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I'm getting desperate here and trying to distract myself  with the Staddons while what  I'm really  waiting for is Amanda to post on 11smiths. We've heard nothing since the middle of May - where are you Amanda?

• I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I'm getting desperate here and trying to distract myself  with the Staddons while what  I'm really  waiting for is Amanda to post on 11smiths. We've heard nothing since the middle of May - where are you Amanda?

Oh god what if she’s actually pregnant? Hopefully they are just super busy with their new home and summer camping trips. Those two seem to love camping.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god what if she’s actually pregnant? Hopefully they are just super busy with their new home and summer camping trips. Those two seem to love camping.

hmm, this sent me to FB where there is a family photo on a private page in which her appearance suggests that this is a possibility. If this is true, I am happy for them.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, VVV said:

hmm, this sent me to FB where there is a family photo on a private page in which her appearance suggests that this is a possibility. If this is true, I am happy for them.

That would be surprising! I always figured if they had any children it would just be one. 

I am amazed the 11 Boring Fundies are still getting ink. I pleased I brought them into the larger FJ consciousness since they are bringing a few so much pleasure.

I have not checked in for a while - since the brother showed up and thought we were hilarious- but I have to say I am surprised so many are married.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That would be surprising! I always figured if they had any children it would just be one. 

Wouldn’t this one be their first?  And I agree, likely to be an only if there is indeed a child on the way. I couldn’t be sure from the picture. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, VVV said:

Wouldn’t this one be their first?  And I agree, likely to be an only if there is indeed a child on the way. I couldn’t be sure from the picture. 

Can you link the picture of it public? 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you link the picture of it public? 

Sorry, I can't, it's posted on the private FB page of another family member, with several people in it tagged including Russell, which is why I could see it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On the family's blog, one of the comments after their engagement  calls Michael and Elizabeth  by the nickname "MiEl"

Kind of appropriate for a honey farmer and his honey

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

On 7/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, SolomonFundy said:

While I secretly hope that this is a passionate, raging, lustful love match, I suspect things may play out a bit more like the early days of Christopher and Anna Marie. Namely, that they spend a few years circling the wagons before anyone even tries to start a campfire.

OMG, did the no-touch courtship continue after the wedding?  Or is it just that they didn't get pregnant on the honeymoon? 

22 hours ago, Sops2 said:

On the family's blog, one of the comments after their engagement  calls Michael and Elizabeth  by the nickname "MiEl"

Kind of appropriate for a honey farmer and his honey

Perfection!  Miel is the Spanish word for honey, y'all. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Howl said:

OMG, did the no-touch courtship continue after the wedding?  Or is it just that they didn't get pregnant on the honeymoon? 

Perfection!  Miel is the Spanish word for honey, y'all. 

This is my theory. Think about the progression of your first relationship. Did you hug, hold hands, make out, grope, and have intercourse for the first time all in one day? Probably not. Most people take their time. There is a progression to physical intimacy. It’s often based on the comfort of each person. This is why I personally don’t think all fundies in no touch courtships have sex on their wedding night. Which is fine! I think it’s actually better if you take your time in order to avoid feeling uncomfortable and rushed. Which means those fundies won’t be getting pregnant right away. 

• Upvote 9

On 7/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, Howl said:

@JermajestyDuggar covered it really well. To add to it, there is some circumstantial evidence that the family knew that Christopher and Anna Marie were not consummating the marriage. There were some Maxwellian blog posts in the year or so following the wedding that suggested that Steve was spending a lot of quality time with Christopher, man-to-man, and concomitant to this, the Maxwells were scrubbing some (but not all) questions about a potential pregnancy, as if it were a particularly sensitive subject. They've been pretty open about pregnancy difficulties and losses in their other married childrens' relationships, so the absence of any such comment suggests that this wasn't a case of infertility or early miscarriage. My takeaway was that between Christopher's brainwashing, and Anna Marie's extreme innocence, they just couldn't get past the "getting to know you" stage, and possibly one or both of them simply didn't know the mechanics of human consummation. I specify human, since I believe Anna Marie was raised on a farm. 

I've spoken of a fundylite friend of mine on here before, a woman who was married off very young to a man her father picked, and had five children before life took her in a different direction. At the point in time that she and I became friends, she was pregnant with her second. She told me that she and her husband didn't have sex for nearly three months after marrying, because she just didn't understand that they both needed to be naked TOGETHER for it to happen, and he was too shy and mortified by the whole thing to talk to her about it. Both of them seemed reasonably intelligent, and they even watched quite a lot of mainstream movies and TV shows. I have no idea how or why the disconnect occurred, but for them, it was a stumbling block. (They eventually figured it out when she called her mother, and began asking extremely specific questions.)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Keeping your kids that ignorant ought to be a crime. 

But maybe that's how abstinence only education works whenever it works. It's not that the kids don't want to, they just don't know how

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Keeping your kids that ignorant ought to be a crime. 

But maybe that's how abstinence only education works whenever it works. It's not that the kids don't want to, they just don't know how

I agree that that level of ignorance is shameful. It's another example of the unbalanced purity culture. 

But, speaking from experience, not all abstinence equals ignorance. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PianoGal said:

I agree that that level of ignorance is shameful. It's another example of the unbalanced purity culture. 

But, speaking from experience, not all abstinence equals ignorance. 

I'm sure that nobody believes that abstinence equals ignorance. Just as promiscuity doesn't equal proficiency.

I agree that allowing a child (even if they aren't legally a minor, still your child) to begin married life without even a basic understanding of the functions of the human body is shameful. In the case of my friend, she suffered from the misfortune of having parents that succumbed to a later-age extreme religious conversion. She was pulled from public school after 1st or 2nd grade, homeschooled for a while, then sent to an extremely backwards private Christian school. She was married off 2 months after "graduating" from high school. Her parents seemed determined to make up for the years that they weren't in the cult mindset by doubling down on everything. Every single one of the kids were married by the age of 18. As of 5 years ago, every single one has divorced their teenage marriage partner.

Her Mom and Dad are divorced now too, AND remarried to much more secular partners. The fundy phase seems almost like a bad dream, but the scars are all-too visible if you're around the family for more than a few minutes.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 7

Where is my Bee-themed MiEl wedding? Stamps feet impatiently!!

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Last weekend they were all busy at a FEW (Family Encouragement Weekend) where they focus on the bible and how to raise their families  better.  This was at the Staddons farm  in West Virginia

Staddons, Neelys, Frazers, Parfitts and Schwarzes were all there as far as I could see- look at Jonathan Staddon's vizaFRAME channel on youtube and you can see all the preparation and fun and games they had. I  could see Elizabeth  and quite a few other head covering  young ladies there. Mr Staddon was there too in the background and looked quite full faced and well.

Jonathan was eating Skittles again. He seems to do this in quite a few of the videos he posts. There was a funny one with him and Kendalyn and Robert's kids a few weeks ago.

• Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic