IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We have our answer. The photographers of the family have a new office. 

Well darn, now I'm really wondering where Michael and Elizabeth will live.  That wedding's got to be coming up any time now.

• Upvote 4

Do photographers, esp. ones that mainly do outdoor work, really need that big an office? Is it possible that the house could double as Michael & Elizabeth's home?

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do photographers, esp. ones that mainly do outdoor work, really need that big an office? Is it possible that the house could double as Michael & Elizabeth's home?

I’m wondering if it’s doubling as a home for the guys who work there. But they aren’t being completely honest that they are moving out before marriage. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if it’s doubling as a home for the guys who work there. But they aren’t being completely honest that they are moving out before marriage. 

Could perhaps they live there, and Michael and Elizabeth set up house in part of the Staddon homestead? With  poor spinster Aunt Esther ready to blanket train their future spawn.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Could perhaps they live there, and Michael and Elizabeth set up house in part of the Staddon homestead? With  poor spinster Aunt Esther ready to blanket train their future spawn.

Maybe. I really am curious about Michael and Elizabeth. Michael is the forgotten Staddon and so little is known about his life besides what the Frazers have posted on their blog. I want to know all about their wedding because I know it will be a frump fest. And I want to know where they live and how they decorate. I imagine a bee themed kitchen. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe. I really am curious about Michael and Elizabeth. Michael is the forgotten Staddon and so little is known about his life besides what the Frazers have posted on their blog. I want to know all about their wedding because I know it will be a frump fest. And I want to know where they live and how they decorate. I imagine a bee themed kitchen. 

I want bee themed everything!!  

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I think James and Jonathan do quite well out of their photography businesses, doing commercial aerial videos and running courses and workshops in photography skills at conventions " Family friendly photography training " at around $150 a pop.

They posted a photo of the brothers and Esther out for a thankyou  meal at the end of a successful  Convention season .

There is a photography workshop at a family convention weekend in Big Sandy at the end of July, so we might see Michael and Elizabeth's wedding before then- the wedding photos ought to be good!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Me too. There are times when I miss the good old frumper days! And I'm really curious wether Elizabeth will wear any make up and do some styling with her hair. 

Do they have a wedding registry we know of?

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Me too. There are times when I miss the good old frumper days! And I'm really curious wether Elizabeth will wear any make up and do some styling with her hair. 

Do they have a wedding registry we know of?

My money is on no makeup or jewelry, maybe a little curling iron on the hair but nothing more.  Wondering if she will have a traditional wedding veil or just a white triangle kerchief.  

I'm wondering if she will change her style of dress after she marries and whether her MIL and SILs will encourage her to do so.  They are all in modern modest attire AFAIK.

• Upvote 3

Elizabeth has very long hair which is usually just held back under a kerchief.  - perhaps just a big bun at the nape of her neck- I don't think she's the kind of girl to go for curls or anything fancier.

I do hope her new husband's  family encourage her to change her style of dress a bit. I'm sure it would feel all  very strange to her to wear more modern styles including different footwear. Clumpity boots and socks are all very well for working on a farm but...

DSCN7874.jpg

• Upvote 2

Lenspiration’s Instagram had this wedding photo posted, referencing a Reese and Stacy. They (she in particular) appear rather fundie at first glance. Anybody know who they are?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

7 minutes ago, sparrow said:

Lenspiration’s Instagram had this wedding photo posted, referencing a Reese and Stacy. They (she in particular) appear rather fundie at first glance. Anybody know who they are?

That's Reese Parfitt! They're good friends with the Staddons. The fundie nightgown wedding look is a classic... oh my.

https://www.parfittfamily.com/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Reese Parfitt and Stacy Coy the weekend they got engaged after he graduated from BBTI  (whatever that is) I you have't looked in to this family it's well worth the journey down the rabbit hole. They don't blog very often but always post a lot of photos.

IMG_0991-319x425.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

That's Reese Parfitt! They're good friends with the Staddons. The fundie nightgown wedding look is a classic... oh my.

https://www.parfittfamily.com/

I can’t wait for more pics! I love a frumpy fundie wedding! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

Reese Parfitt and Stacy Coy the weekend they got engaged after he graduated from BBTI  (whatever that is) I you have't looked in to this family it's well worth the journey down the rabbit hole. They don't blog very often but always post a lot of photos.

IMG_0991-319x425.jpg

Googled BBTI and this is what I found:  https://baptisttranslators.com/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Yes!  The Parfitt family.   I follow the new every morning blog by Abbie, and her family are friends with the Staddons and Parfitt family.   She posts more Parfitt updates than the Parfitt's actually do.

• Thank You 4

On 6/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe. I really am curious about Michael and Elizabeth. Michael is the forgotten Staddon and so little is known about his life besides what the Frazers have posted on their blog.

Michael is pretty deep into beekeeping, more than a hobby, apparently.  From the  homepage of Honey Glen Apiaries:

" Michael began to see beekeeping as a potentially profitable business and launched Honey Glen Apiaries in 2012 with help from his family. Michael is president of North Central WV Beekeepers Association, and served as secretary for the West Virginia statewide association (WVBA) in 2014 and 2015. In 2014 Michael achieved master beekeeper in the WVBA Master Beekeeper Program. His view that beekeeping is a stewardship of God’s creation is the foundational principle for his day to day decisions in the business."

Busy as a bee is he.

Edited by petrushka
spelling
  • Upvote 10

On 6/9/2019 at 4:21 PM, albireo said:

We should also recommend those to Victor and Cassie Seppi. Her insta is called "a beekeeper's wife" and she posts about their beekeeping adventures frequently.

Wait- there are Seppis on Instagram?   How did I not know this?!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Wait- there are Seppis on Instagram?   How did I not know this?!

They all seem to be private. I went on a fundie-requesting spree at one point, and it must have been after a resurgence of Seppi interest on FJ because they were part of it. Cassie accepted me. Peter+Melody, Lance+Megan, and Dinah didn't.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, VVV said:

The "how we met" and "how we got engaged" stories are full of wow. https://reeseandstacy.com/ Bonus frumper pics galore.

Wasn't it the Parfitt family that shunned their oldest son after he came out? 

Yes, he seems to be shunned now that he’s out and proud. He was good friends with James Staddon. The Parfitt dad died Almost a decade ago from a car accident. Then a Parfitt son died suddenly last year from an undetected heart issue. His widow has two young kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, VVV said:

Bonus frumper pics galore.

Oooh brilliant - I much prefer proper frumper fundies to the more Instagram and fashion aware Bates and Duggar kids!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Teaistheway said:

Oooh brilliant - I much prefer proper frumper fundies to the more Instagram and fashion aware Bates and Duggar kids!

The oldest Parfitt girl has a most unique sense of style....

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, VVV said:

The "how we met" and "how we got engaged" stories are full of wow. https://reeseandstacy.com/ Bonus frumper pics galore.

Dang! That website is frumptastic--and good lord, they don't even really court. Their families agreed to their ENGAGEMENT  over the phone--he didn't even get to ask her directly. 

Fundie white Christians will never admit, though, how much this model of marriage resembles a lot of South Asian--or ultra-Orthodox Jewish--arranged marriages.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic