IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes.  IIRC, the Staddons, Neelys and Wilkes families are the main organisers of FEW.   It is their ministry.  And, yes, they are marinating in IBLP beliefs.  All that "character stuff" is IBLP to the max.

The Parfitts attended an IBLP conference as far back as 2010 before Ken died and heard Mr. Gothard himself speak, bless their hearts. 

Sean-Allen met his best friend James (possibly Staddon) who now shuns him through ATI.  James and Sean are the same age.

And the Frazers have done a lot of JTTHs.

Has anyone managed to find a list of the names of all the Frazers on their blog.  Or have a take on their ages?

Looks like the FEW groups are still into chalk talks. URG.

• Upvote 1

Ma Parfitt seems to be extremely focused on saving souls. Her husband was laying in the snow after being crushed between two cars. This is what she says about what she does when she gets to the accident scene: 

“I knelt down in the snow by him, being warned not to move his neck, though I wanted so badly to hug him and let him know I was there. I began praying, not only for God to do His will for Ken, but also to use this to lead someone to eternal life. There were at least three people around him at that time, and I hoped earnestly that at least one of them would be saved.”

I know people do strange things in these types of situations. It just amazes me that she is thinking about saving the souls of people around her while her husband is dying. I guess it was her way of trying to turn a tragedy into something good. It’s also awful that Sean Allen was right there in the car when his dad was hit. How horrible for him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, albireo said:

On the Parfitts: read their account of the trip to Moldova and how offended they were at encountering Eastern Orthodox "heretics." They were really enraged. Wow.

That was Reece.  Ignorant little stinker. 

I  have developed a strong dislike of Ma Parfitt.  She dissed the Sydney Opera House because she doesn't like opera and thinks it unGodly and the Sydney Zoo because the koalas didn't wake up and pray with her.  Or something.  Koalas aren't very animated, but please.

The Parfitts should stay at home and give tracts to each other.   Or at least limit themselves to tracting and eating their way around the USA, one Chick-fil-Ay  and Dairy Queen at a time.

I am now sure James Staddon was Sean's best friend.  Shame on you James for shunning him.  There is a whole post about the Parfitts going to a FEW event in 2017ish (they blog months after the event.  They say that they had only met James previously, 8 years before, when he had visited them.  They were meeting the other Staddons for the first time.

And they do know the Frazers.  At one point they revamp and re-energise their blog because some "friends in Canada" nearly had their house burn down.  The Frazers had a house fire at the same time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So I went looking and I don’t see any evidence that the Parfitts have attended any recent FEW conferences. So it’s possible the Parfitts and Frazers haven’t met. Too bad. It would be a headcovering and frumper extravaganza! 

Jerm, I am confused. The Parfitts definitely went to the 2018 conference in November.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

Jerm, I am confused. The Parfitts definitely went to the 2018 conference in November.

Yes, I was corrected upthread. I couldn’t find them in FEW pictures from other families but silly me didn’t bother to look at the Parfitt blog. I should have looked there first. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I checked out the Parfitts and I can't believe they haven't been discussed on here. The frump, good god. And one of the siblings died unexpectedly last year and they just casually slipped it into an "update!" post in between two tedious posts about their travels? His widow is so young and their children are so young. I get that people want photos of the baby but it seems strange to have a photoshoot in the aftermath of something like that.

https://www.parfittfamily.com/2018/09/parfitt-family-news/

Also I'm like 95% sure that this estranged, openly gay HA author is the oldest brother in the family:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.org/?s=sean-allen+parfitt

That poor boy was the one who was with his dad when he was hit as well.

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I was corrected upthread. I couldn’t find them in FEW pictures from other families but silly me didn’t bother to look at the Parfitt blog. I should have looked there first. 

I looked to see if anyone pointed it out but I missed it! Sorry :( I am obviously not good at reading today.

31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That was Reece.  Ignorant little stinker. 

I  have developed a strong dislike of Ma Parfitt.  She dissed the Sydney Opera House because she doesn't like opera and thinks it unGodly and the Sydney Zoo because the koalas didn't wake up and pray with her.  Or something.  Koalas aren't very animated, but please.

The Parfitts should stay at home and give tracts to each other.   Or at least limit themselves to tracting and eating their way around the USA, one Chick-fil-Ay  and Dairy Queen at a time.

I am now sure James Staddon was Sean's best friend.  Shame on you James for shunning him.  There is a whole post about the Parfitts going to a FEW event in 2017ish (they blog months after the event.  They say that they had only met James previously, 8 years before, when he had visited them.  They were meeting the other Staddons for the first time.

And they do know the Frazers.  At one point they revamp and re-energise their blog because some "friends in Canada" nearly had their house burn down.  The Frazers had a house fire at the same time.

Can you me the place where the koalas hate Jesus? I can't find it in that weird blog mess.

• Upvote 2

So let me try and get this straight. Sean Allen and James became close friends which led to their families becoming close friends. And around that same time Sean Allen witnessed his father’s accident and subsequent passing. A year or two later Sean Allen comes out as gay and James drops him as his best friend and his family shuns him. 

This makes me so sad and angry all at the same time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, albireo said:

On the Parfitts: read their account of the trip to Moldova and how offended they were at encountering Eastern Orthodox "heretics." They were really enraged. Wow.

They do realize that, technically speaking, they're the heretics, right? :sigh:

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Apparently their witnessing strategy is to be so loud the whole plane can hear, saving them the trouble of speaking to each person individually. Yikes.

"We have other stories of the actual flights, especially Reese talking about the Bible so loudly and clearly that those of us a row ahead and beside him could hear him. He was talking to a saved girl, but the Mormon next to him heard it all. And the Catholic missionaries on his row did."  

They put so much excruciating detail into their travel posts. Whole sagas of how they found the Panda Express in the airport terminal and who sat in which row. And of course, the struggle to keep their eyes averted from the wicked in-flight entertainment. 

To the bold, what pompous assholes.

Then again, what do I expect from the fundie crowd.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Can you me the place where the koalas hate Jesus? I can't find it in that weird blog mess.

I think it's here, at the end: https://www.parfittfamily.com/2018/03/parfitts-visit-taronga-zoo/ She doesn't say they hate Jesus, just that they're boring because they sleep too much. Ma Parfitt grinds my gears too. So dismissive.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

What a blog post on the Parfitt about the FEW conference. They were almost to NY (state) and the writer says:

Annabelle drove 70 for the first time!

I really hope it was because of the questionable weather not because she literally had never driven 70 mph. If they were just outside NY state, they would have been in PA which on the highway the max speed limit is 70 which means traffic runs between 75 & 80 in good weather. That might be BEC but it seems like a weird thing to be excited about. 

I think they meant it was the first time Annabelle drove I-70, not driving 70 mph.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Moldova? I currently live there. The absolute last thing people here need are more missionaries. How about some rural water access, sanitation system improvements, or anti-corruption measures? How did they even communicate with anyone? Not even most young people speak or understand English at a level to understand them. Do they know Russian or Romanian? No? Then all they did was harass some Moldovans going about their lives. 

Sad that their hatred blinded them to the beauty of Orthodox churches. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 13

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I might have used a bit of poetic licence there.  But Ma Parfitt is a Debbie Downer.  https://www.parfittfamily.com/2018/03/parfitts-visit-taronga-zoo/

On the Opera House:

We came around the Sydney Opera House. It isn’t really all that impressive. It’s unique, but the individual tiles make it look kind of like a golf ball up close. Since I don’t like opera music and don’t believe it is even godly, I didn’t have any desire to go to it.

And on the zoo:

We all got a free zoo map and started out. The first thing was a quick look at an alligator

Probably she means a crocodile.

and then we walked up and around a ramp that encircled an small enclosure for the koalas. By this time it was about 11 am and it was hot. The koalas were sleeping. They were boring. Dylan said that he wouldn’t believe they were real unless they moved. We left there and looked for more animals to see if they would move. 

And she ends the post there so we never know whether they found any moving animals.

• WTF 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Rik_Bik said:

Do they know Russian or Romanian? No? Then all they did was harass some Moldovans going about their lives. 

No!  Although they had an interpreter the language barrier stymied them so they just handed out waste paper.   Reese was quite annoyed discouraged because Romanian was different to Spanish.

I felt discouraged because I could not really communicate and I was not even picking up much language to be able to use, especially not on the Russian side of things! But even Romanian was much more different from Spanish than I had hoped. 

And, fortunately for Moldova, the weather was cold and rainy.  Reecie-poo would much rather go on misscations to tropical climates.  Perhaps he won;t go back.

The high points of that trip for him were being forced to stay overnight at the airport in Turkey.  It was a bonding experience for the "missionaries" and a gift from the Lord.

We weren’t even to Moldova yet. But we found that it didn’t matter! God dropped us off in Turkey and picked us up the next morning. It was as simple as that! I count our time in “The Oasis” (as Gate 203 is now affectionately called) to be a very precious gift from the Lord. It was a once-in-a-lifetime meeting that we didn’t even plan. God is good.

And that dreadful church.

I don’t think I’ve ever been inside a Roman Catholic church, either in the U.S. or elsewhere. But if it’s anything like the Russian Orthodox church we went in, I don’t think I’m interested!

Roman Catholics everywhere should rejoice.

While we were on the streets of Chişenău, passing out invitations to the meetings at church, Claire Nicot and I got to go with our Moldovan friend Iochim to see the inside of the church building.  I was first perturbed at the realization that it is, for all practical purposes, a business.

I'm perturbed by Fundies selling all their crappy literature in church buildings.  Steve Maxwell, I'm looking at you.

The church is open 9 to 5 every day, just like my place of work; and people are coming in all day long to buy candles and whatever other religious merchandise is for sale there inside the door.

His Fundie church must be locked up tight every day except for Sundays.

Then there are pictures and statues all around the room, and the devotees make their rounds to the different stations, making the sign of the cross, kissing the images, bowing, weeping, praying.

Yes, that church is open to the general public for prayer and confessions too, you little shit.  And it is a place of work for the priests.

The economy was decidedly different in here than on the streets outside. From the fancy roped-off chair that was reserved for some important person, to the hand-painted walls and domed ceiling, to the rich tapestries and fine chandeliers and picture frames, everything was absolutely plush and gilded. Somebody was obviously making out all right in the poorest country in Europe!

Doesn't occur to him that the decorations could be centuries old.  

And has he never heard of Prosperity Gospel and those American preachers who prey on the poorest people in the US.

I stood, somewhat shocked, observing this horrendous idolatry that dared to call itself Christianity. What treason this is, for the “church” to take all the elements from the Bible and use them as a backdrop for their false religion! How could anyone imagine that this is a denomination of Christendom? It is heathen! 

I read, somewhat shocked, this horrendous ignorance of someone that dares to call himself Christian.  What treason this is, for the "missionary" to cherry-pick elements from the Bible and use them as a backdrop for their false Fundamentalist religion!  How could anyone imagine that Fundamentalism is a true reflection of Christianity?  It is a perversion of Christ's teachings!  

And I am an atheist.

I'm only somewhat shocked because this is so typical of Fundie misscation ignorance.  I still remember that little twerp who went to Africa and claimed that Muslims worship Mohamed and sacrifice lambs to him on Eid al-Fitr. 

They are not there to learn.  They are there to leap to conclusions and be horrified by their own ignorance and prejudice.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13

16 hours ago, albireo said:

As an Orthodox (not currently practicing) person....my eyes nearly rolled out of my head.  

Signed, Idolatrous Heathen Wench Who Kisses and Worships Images  :pb_lol:

• Love 9

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theneelyteam.com/page/26/&ved=0ahUKEwjz0YGo0obgAhUUShUIHVsMCMcQo7QBCB4wAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kAXjWQ4bbTuMpmpgsSh2i

Hope I've pasted this link correctly, but I came across the Neely family singing "God of our Fathers" and it was so lovely I just had to post it.They have wonderful voices.

The original poem was by Rudyard Kipling, written for Queen Victoria

Just scroll down on the page link and it takes you to Remembering 9-11.

That's it!

Edited by Sops2
Spelling

Some favorite Orthodox memes, just for the Parfitts, and a t-shirt I should send to Reese: 

orthodoxy bible meme.jpg

Spoiler

orthodox tank.jpg

Spoiler

orthodox kids meme.jpg

Spoiler

st nicholas duck.jpg

Spoiler

DTTW shirt.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for multiple images.
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

I know exactly what church they’re talking about. It’s in the center of Chisinau (he manages to combine both the Romanian and Russian spellings of Chisinau/Кишинев) and it has an actual church and a tourist part that sells иконы. You can buy иконы everywhere in Chisinau and most people carry or have them in their cars, bags, or wear them. Saints are important to orthodox believers here, but I guess that’s idolatry. The sales also go towards the upkeep of the church and towards the priests. 

Eu am studiat limba română, dar acum eu numai vorbesc în limba rusă. Limba română nu este dificilă. But putting even the slightest effort into learning Romanian was too much for them. 

Edited by Rik_Bik
My Romanian is bad.
  • Upvote 13

16 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Some favorite Orthodox memes, just for the Parfitts, and a t-shirt I should send to Reese: 

Can we put "Fundiedoxy is my doxy; your doxy is heathen doxy" on a t-shirt for him too?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

All I can tell from Sean-Allen's blog (does he go by Seanny now?) is that his mom is hard-core crazy and probably emotionally abusive and he's very hurt. He posts her crazy voicemails or emails on protected blog posts. Yikes.

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

All I can tell from Sean-Allen's blog (does he go by Seanny now?) is that his mom is hard-core crazy and probably emotionally abusive and he's very hurt. He posts her crazy voicemails or emails on protected blog posts. Yikes.

That was my impression too.  Ma Parfitt sounds like a horror.  And did you read the post with the FB string of interactions with the late Elliot.  Sad.

Some of those posts are quite old though.  He is still shunned but appears to have a lot of friends.  He seems to be doing well and enjoying his life.

And, yes, he has changed his name to Sean (Seanny).  He is on FB as Seanny Drakon Phoenix.  My guess is that the Phoenix is meaningful.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

So @Palimpsest I am assuming Jamie does not realize that the Sydney Opera house is not just opera and that "opera house" is old fashioned language for a performing arts center?

Oh and with Pa Kettle - uh Parfitt - dead, where do they get their $$??

• Upvote 4

Just looked back at my post about the  Neely's singing, and think I sounded unfortunately sugary.

Did not mean to, will be more bitchy next time

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Oh and with Pa Kettle - uh Parfitt - dead, where do they get their $$??

I’d guess life insurance, SSI survivor benefits for ma and the underage kids, and at least one son, Reese, seems to work and still live at home, so he probably contributes.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic