IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

Its always interesting what you see going on in the background of these videos. This must be the day after the wedding- as James said, before some of them head off to the airport, and here are Michael and Elizabeth in the background.

Imagine spending your wedding night in the same house as family and friends !

20190918_155941.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

On 8/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her hair is stunning. I would love to have her hair. I’m sad her little ones don’t seem to be red heads. My red headed cousin has 4 children and none have red hair. But we were all very pleased when his sister is ended up with a red head. 

I agree, it's striking to me that she doesn't have redheaded children.  Then again, my redheaded parents had six children, and only one of them a redhead (that would be me).  I married a redhead and both of our kids have the ginger plumage.

Red hair is recessive, so you need the gene on both sides to produce a redhead.  Maybe there are no redheads in the Staddon family lineage.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Its always interesting what you see going on in the background of these videos. This must be the day after the wedding- as James said, before some of them head off to the airport, and here are Michael and Elizabeth in the background.

Imagine spending your wedding night in the same house as family and friends !

20190918_155941.jpg

Elizabeth looks pretty upset in the background from the freeze frame. 

The crossed arms make them look a bit pissed off.

Pissed at James taking over the lunch to do his photo shoot ? ( incidentally, you can see in the video where James  tells  one of the brothers to "move these people out the way" - these people being only Elizabeth's sister with Downs Syndrome  who just happened to be standing nearby, on her own,  looking out a window and was not in photo range at all. He didn't even know her name.

I may be more sensitive to this, having both special needs and disabled people in my family, but it struck me as  being both inconsiderate and rude.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, Mari2 said:

I agree that it was inconsiderate to ask people eating lunch to move elsewhere just so James could shoot a mediocre photo.  

I get this feeling that the Staddon boys who do photography, are a bit obsessive about it. I bet they are constantly inconveniencing people for the perfect picture. 

• Upvote 5

That video was Maxwell-level boring.  Reinforces my feeling that there should be a Maxwell/Staddon wedding.  I know, it will never happen, but it should. I pick Mary and James to be the happy couple.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, petrushka said:

That video was Maxwell-level boring.  Reinforces my feeling that there should be a Maxwell/Staddon wedding.  I know, it will never happen, but it should. I pick Mary and James to be the happy couple.

Anna might be a better match only because of age. Mary is like 8 years younger than James. So maybe she would be a better match for Jonathan. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Let’s hold our for Poor Sarah and Poor Donald

A triple Maxwell Staddon wedding would break FJ. Do you really want that?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anna might be a better match only because of age. Mary is like 8 years younger than James. So maybe she would be a better match for Jonathan. 

True enough on the age factor; I was thinking Mary because we all know she is the "artistic" Maxwell that could be compatible with a photographer spouse.  I would pair Anna up with one of the Frazer boys.

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A triple Maxwell Staddon wedding would break FJ. Do you really want that?

Even a single Maxwell daughter wedding would break FJ! 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

Over on the Frazer blog, Sarah and Jeremie got pounds of dried pantry goods and disposable cups to enjoy as a couple.  Interesting tradition.  No new updates on the other marriage.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

21 minutes ago, Mari2 said:

Over on the Frazer blog, Sarah and Jeremie got pounds of dried pantry goods and disposable cups to enjoy as a couple.  Interesting tradition.  No new updates on the other marriage.

Well if they are already getting wedding gifts, I imagine it’s not too far off. They will likely be married by the end of the year.

Their matching argyle sweater vests are frump-tastic. I love it. And he looks much less old in these new pics. Although she has such a baby face she looks 13 although I know she’s a legal adult. She’s a pretty girl. Just very youthful looking. 

PS: my frugal and practical side enjoys this tradition. Not only did they receive a ton of practical gifts, but it was wrapped in newspapers! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The Frazers have their own thread in the Archives, in the "one-offs".  I don't know if it's possible to resurrect it for the upcoming nuptials but it might be fun to follow as the year winds down.  Wonder if the Staddons will video this one?

On the subject of photography I am a little shocked that James hasn't posted photos of Michael and Elizabeth's wedding. He usually posts the photos by now. 

On 10/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, petrushka said:

The Frazers have their own thread in the Archives, in the "one-offs".  I don't know if it's possible to resurrect it for the upcoming nuptials but it might be fun to follow as the year winds down.  Wonder if the Staddons will video this one?

Tagging @Coconut Flan she she'll see the question/suggestion.

• Thank You 1

I'm half asleep, but I'll see if I can find it.   

Was that the thread you wanted?

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 10/2/2019 at 5:04 PM, Mari2 said:

I have heard of that tradition or very similar one. I've heard it called a pounding, where you give a usually engaged couple pounds of food to start their new home.

• Upvote 4

On 9/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, JmW said:

Watched the video and wondered if Robert and Kendalyn might be expecting #5 in December or January.

Great call, Kendalyn announced on Twitter and Instagram that it’s a boy due in February!

She has a cute post with each kid holding up a chalkboard saying how many months old they are. The others are all 17-18 months apart. Exhausting.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 10/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, Rio said:

Great call, Kendalyn announced on Twitter and Instagram that it’s a boy due in February!

She has a cute post with each kid holding up a chalkboard saying how many months old they are. The others are all 17-18 months apart. Exhausting.

Yes, but her youngest will be almost 3 when this one is born. Lets hope she only has 1 or 2 more arrows left in her quiver.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, but her youngest will be almost 3 when this one is born. Lets hope she only has 1 or 2 more arrows left in her quiver.

Like the Keilens, I imagine the Staddons will have much fewer grandchildren than they expected. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, FaithAndReason said:

Maybe he could become friends with the Arndt man-boys to find out how they deal with it so happily. Maybe Donald Jr. just needs some penguins.

The Arndts are friends with at least a few other people in their area who are also on the older side who haven't left their parents' homes. So I think for them maybe it doesn't seem so odd since other friends are in the same situation? I imagine it makes it easier. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, Rio said:

I will say I am surprised that Kendalyn and Robert stopped blogging. I really thought that they would be one of the fundie couples who kept us updated with long winded posts about Christianity and family life. 

As for the length between pregnancies Cadence would be around the age of three when the baby is born. In the past Robert and Kendalyn have posted about health problems Kendalyn has had (that may be why they stopped blogging, but who knows). So that may have contributed to the length between babies.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

James Staddon has a new blog on Lenspiration on how he became a photographer, and fruitlessly sought for wholesome posing hints for bridal shoots and the like. He ended up compiling a database of hints and tips for the unsullied photographer . Unfortunately, you have to be a Lenspiration member to see these tips, but the main page he shows has various photographs of grooms such as Reese Parfitt, Michael Staddon and Jeremie Rheaume

"But now, almost 10 years later, and with many people coming together to help out with it, the Lenspiration Pro Posing Database is finally a reality!

If you’re a Lenspiration member, check it out here: www.lenspiration.com/proposing

Finally! A place to go to get both creative and traditional posing inspiration for wedding, family, engagement, maternity, newborn and senior photos without the pathetic influence of a sexualized culture."

(Sorry the photo hasn't appeared when I've copied and pasted- but you can see it on Lenspiration!)

Here we go!

Wedding-example-small.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

James Staddon has a new blog on Lenspiration on how he became a photographer, and fruitlessly sought for wholesome posing hints for bridal shoots and the like. He ended up compiling a database of hints and tips for the unsullied photographer . Unfortunately, you have to be a Lenspiration member to see these tips, but the main page he shows has various photographs of grooms such as Reese Parfitt, Michael Staddon and Jeremie Rheaume

"But now, almost 10 years later, and with many people coming together to help out with it, the Lenspiration Pro Posing Database is finally a reality!

If you’re a Lenspiration member, check it out here: www.lenspiration.com/proposing

Finally! A place to go to get both creative and traditional posing inspiration for wedding, family, engagement, maternity, newborn and senior photos without the pathetic influence of a sexualized culture."

(Sorry the photo hasn't appeared when I've copied and pasted- but you can see it on Lenspiration!)

Here we go!

Wedding-example-small.jpg

He really needs to meet the Arndts. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic