IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

That veil is so thick! She looks like a Victorian ghost!!!imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

68A17C8B-C17E-45ED-B985-622C5397BF46.png

Omg she’s just standing up there listening to the preaching like a creepy Victorian ghost! It’s killing me. It’s like a horror.

Isn’t anyone else watching with me? Am I the only one watching this fundie horror movie? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I can’t see her. She’s blending in with the curtains. (Seriously. The view I have she blends in)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I can’t see her. She’s blending in with the curtains. (Seriously. The view I have she blends in)

Hahahaha - you're not wrong!

188265759_Sketch(26).png.030c06da24ee134b0f514dac8ba8ca80.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 28
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

It fees more like a funeral than a wedding. They’re finally touching!!

I need to go down the Staddon rabbit hole. This is modesty taken to levels Steve Maxwell hasn’t gone to!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Closer shots of her dress. I take the nun comment back, it's more like a child's holy communion dress. She looks very happy though!

1512110949_ScreenShot2019-08-24at11_13_48AM.png.fcf6a8f4463fb0e120aea65474bcd89c.png1617185568_ScreenShot2019-08-24at11_13_12AM.png.65a8b19cb4eb3a1f9007d056e30b814d.png

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Oh dear Lord.  I hardly ever snark on modest Fundie wedding dresses.  They are what they are.  And the unfortunate brides are stuck with the modesty rules.

But this bride wore the worst dress I have ever seen.  Apparently with a square white tablecloth on her head.  I have never seen that before and I am a veteran watcher of Fundie weddings. 

She looks very happy.  I hope she felt beautiful at least. 

The bridesmaids outfits leave me almost speechless.  Poor things.  But for the love of Rufus, bridesmaids.  Headcoverings can be positioned a little further back on your heads for a more flattering look.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Oh dear Lord.  I hardly ever snark on modest Fundie wedding dresses.  They are what they are.  And the unfortunate brides are stuck with the modesty rules.

But this bride wore a the worst dress I have ever seen.  Apparently with a square white tablecloth on her head.  I have never seen that before and I am a veteran watcher of Fundie weddings. 

She looks very happy.  I hope she felt beautiful at least. 

The bridesmaids outfits leave me almost speechless.  Poor things.  But for the love of Rufus, bridesmaids.  Headcoverings can be positioned a little further back on your heads for a more flattering look.

I agree that the dress and particularly the veil are awful, but in my opinion the dress isn't actually worse than her sisters-in-laws' dresses (the Frazer double wedding a few years ago). In fact, I think it's slightly better, because it doesn't fit quite so badly. There's a photo of the double brides floating around FJ somewhere.

• Upvote 4

So they turned the ceremony room into the reception room. I’m betting the weather is gorgeous today up in Quebec so I’m thinking they missed out on a pretty outdoor reception.

4FDB265E-37CB-47EF-B4CD-F4E86812D4CF.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

What did I tell you- a fundie nightie with not an inch of flesh showing.

She does look  like a postulant taking her vows to become a nun. She must look upon it with the same religious fervour- giving herself in covenant ( not a  contract!!)  to a godly marriage. Was it Priscilla Waller that said your wedding day is not your special day- it's God's.

She looks happy and I hope she feels special.

Sister Sarah has quite an air of confidence about her, doesn't she?- I haven't seen Jeremie in the livestream though.

• Upvote 12

The fact that, for all of the beekeeping decorations, they aren't using a beeswax candle for their unity candle kills me. That would have been such a nice personalized touch, and so much less tacky that the rehearsal dinner beekeeper outfits. :bee:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Anyone seen the Parfitts?

They're putting the honey jar decorations on the table now

Edited by Sops2
Added content
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I bet a lot of American fundie friends didn’t go to the wedding because it was in Canada and you need a passport. It’s probably too much of a hassle for many large fundie families. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That veil is so thick! She looks like a Victorian ghost!!!imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

68A17C8B-C17E-45ED-B985-622C5397BF46.png

Omg she’s just standing up there listening to the preaching like a creepy Victorian ghost! It’s killing me. It’s like a horror.

Isn’t anyone else watching with me? Am I the only one watching this fundie horror movie? 

what's up with the 2 ladies at the front right in the giant black (to a wedding?) frumpers?

The bride reminds me of that shy, young cutesy nun from the sister act movie, especially with the collar :

1501497937-wendy-makkena-sister-act.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Just now, squiddysquid said:

what's up with the 2 ladies at the front right in the giant black (to a wedding?) frumpers?

The bride reminds me of that shy, young cutesy nun from the sister act movie, especially with the collar :

1501497937-wendy-makkena-sister-act.jpg

Those are dark brown frumpers. That is Elizabeth’s mother and youngest sister. Her youngest sister has Down syndrome and I think she’s about 13. We are really unsure of the Frazer children’s ages so it’s possible she’s a little older than 13. 

• Upvote 4

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where someone chose a wedding dress with a large, Peter Pan collar. It uh...makes a statement.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where someone chose a wedding dress with a large, Peter Pan collar. It uh...makes a statement.  

I can’t believe I’m saying this but.... if you lose the Peter Pan collar, the dress really wouldn’t be that bad. I don’t mind the buttons or the puffy sleeves. It’s the collar and veil that made it really bad. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

It fees more like a funeral than a wedding. They’re finally touching!!

I need to go down the Staddon rabbit hole. This is modesty taken to levels Steve Maxwell hasn’t gone to!

There's not much there and it's not them anyway - it's the Frazer family who are responsible for the fashion choices. Though I can't say it was that surprising, given they are frumper-wearers and head-coverers.

The other Staddon weddings were more your standard 1980s prom/modestified polyester dress/grooms in ill-fitting suits/garish colours/WTF photography affairs.

160716-James-Staddon-5235.thumb.jpg.643cc17a95dabb24008d2520cf60367d.jpg

2011_06_11_KABK_0533_thumb.jpg.8d07e966ddff5c5b7fb256c39bf0881a.jpg

Funnily enough the men actually scrubbed up pretty well this time. It's not often you see weddings these days when the guys look more formally dressed and stylish than the girls. 

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

There's not much there and it's not them anyway - it's the Frazer family who are responsible for the fashion choices. Though I can't say it was that surprising, given they are frumper-wearers and head-coverers.

The other Staddon weddings were more your standard 1980s prom/modestified polyester dress/grooms in ill-fitting suits/garish colours/WTF photography affairs.

160716-James-Staddon-5235.thumb.jpg.643cc17a95dabb24008d2520cf60367d.jpg

2011_06_11_KABK_0533_thumb.jpg.8d07e966ddff5c5b7fb256c39bf0881a.jpg

Funnily enough the men actually scrubbed up pretty well this time. It's not often you see weddings these days when the guys look more formally dressed and stylish than the girls. 

Oh!!!! She’s marrying into even more conservative?? Omg, no. Just. No. 

Just now, Giraffe said:

Oh!!!! She’s marrying into even more conservative?? Omg, no. Just. No. 

No - less. Well - if you judge clothing as a sign of conservatism, that is. Esther Staddon, Elizabeth's new sister-in-law, doesn't cover her head and does wear make-up, but she only wears skirts below the knee. 

In other respects, I guess the Frazers might be less conservative. Seems like Elizabeth and her sisters do more farm type work that would normally be done by men. You never see Esther helping out with the farm/garden at the Staddon property (but then, with seven brothers (five of them who live there), she doesn't have to). 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Robert Staddon’s wife, Kendalyn Staddon, wears jeans. And She lets her girls wear shorts. Elizabeth’s brothers are married to two sisters who don’t head cover but always seem to wear skirts. 

I want to point out that there is still one single adult Frazer daughter for one of the Staddon boys if they love head covering Canadian fundie gals. Although the Staddons likely have a few fundie families to choose from. The Wallers, Neelys, and Parfitts to name a FEW. Get it?  FEW. 

When I was listening, I noticed Elizabeth’s brother (who performed the ceremony) added “submit” to the usual vows. Can’t be a fundie wedding without submission. Gag.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic