IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

On 7/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, Palimpsest said:

If they want to get married in the US they could have applied for a K-1 (fiance visa) and get married within 90 days of her arrival.

Thanks to @Palimpsest, my favorite new theory is that they're going to be on the next season of "90 Day Fiance" and that's why we haven't gotten any updates!

(Can you imagine them at a network meetup with some of those folks??) 

Edited by scoutsadie
tagging Ms. P
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

We can't have them exposed to the world. It would break my heart. This is my Christian love story. Damn it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

Elizabeth says she's getting married on Saturday. Praise the Lord!!

And she's been making the wedding decorations- bee themed of course!

DSC_3635.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • Love 6

Well, bless her heart. 

Michael and I will be married this Saturday! Praise the Lord for His goodness!

She's a lady of few words, isn't she?  And I do so hope they live-stream the wedding.

::wanders off to peruse the Staddon blog while pondering about how to train a calf to get into a tiny trailer::

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I love honey. I love honey as wedding favor. Perfect. And, yeah put it in a squeezey. I hate those tiny pots. Cute but so hard to manipulate.

That flower decoration plus a glued pinecone? A bit twee. Nice labels would be much better.

• Upvote 5

Michael's brothers are heading off to the wedding.

Kendalyn and Robert are off on a road trip too according to their instagram- they set off a week ago- missed that clue - drat!

20190822_222615.jpg

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Michael's brothers are heading off to the wedding.

Kendalyn and Robert are off on a road trip too according to their instagram- they set off a week ago- missed that clue - drat!

20190822_222615.jpg

I wonder how close Kendalyn’s family is to the Frazer family. Ken is Canadian too isn’t she?

• Upvote 1

I think Kendalyn is from Alberta. It's quite a road trip from Big Sandy to wherever they're going in Canada. Perhaps they are just going to Quebec- even so, it's a long time to be away from work and a long way to drive.

• Upvote 3

The Kowalchuks live in Manitoba and the Frazers in Quebec. That’s about 2700 km apart. Not sure if either family have met, but they are not close. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I was just wondering if they planned to stop at Kendalyn’s family home first since they are already in Canada. These Staddons have such a hard time finding fundie brides, 2 out of 3 had to look in Canada!

• Haha 4

The Frazers live very close to the New Hampshire and Vermont border. It’s a beautiful area of Quebec. Should be a nice weekend for a wedding. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I’m expecting a simple t shirt dress one size too big. A plain veil and no makeup. Her hair may be curled but it won’t be elaborate. And probably very little jewelry. But if she does wear jewelry, it won’t be big or showy. I think Michael will wear a traditional suit or tux. The bee theme will be on the cake, decorations, and of course the favor we already saw. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I feel like Elizabeth's look is going to either be a complete shitshow of thrifted anachronistic fundy glamour (1980s poly satin with tons of yellowed applique and faux pearl beads), or a white version of her usual uniform. As in, possibly bridal separates featuring a shantung tee shirt, and a pure white denim skirt, topped off with a white lace head scarf.

Option #1 would result in Elizabeth appearing with absolutely no makeup, her usual glasses, and unbrushed hair.

Option #2 would include the glasses, but also curled bangs.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

Based on the attire we've seen on the Frazer family, I'll assume she has not sewn her wedding dress.  I'm thinking a borrowed dress or a thrifted vintage dress made modest by a friend or possibly a sister in law. Definitely think no makeup or special hairdo, probably no jewelry either.  This is her day to  shine, so I hope she gives herself permission to do that in whatever way she can.

Now that the wedding day is upon us, my next question is where will they be living?  Canada to WV will be a bit of culture shock!  Wondering if Michael has bought a house near the family compound, at least in the same town.  Tempted to see what has recently sold in the area.  I hope Elizabeth doesn't get too homesick and that Esther and Ma Staddon take her under their wing. 

I hope Michael encourages her to expand her clothing selections a bit more.  I'm not a fancy dresser by any means, but it is nice once in a while to put on something a bit more flattering than what I usually wear.  I have a soft spot for her and I can't explain why. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Based on the attire we've seen on the Frazer family, I'll assume she has not sewn her wedding dress.  I'm thinking a borrowed dress or a thrifted vintage dress made modest by a friend or possibly a sister in law. Definitely think no makeup or special hairdo, probably no jewelry either.  This is her day to  shine, so I hope she gives herself permission to do that in whatever way she can.

Now that the wedding day is upon us, my next question is where will they be living?  Canada to WV will be a bit of culture shock!  Wondering if Michael has bought a house near the family compound, at least in the same town.  Tempted to see what has recently sold in the area.  I hope Elizabeth doesn't get too homesick and that Esther and Ma Staddon take her under their wing. 

I hope Michael encourages her to expand her clothing selections a bit more.  I'm not a fancy dresser by any means, but it is nice once in a while to put on something a bit more flattering than what I usually wear.  I have a soft spot for her and I can't explain why. 

They can buy Jrod’s house! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

"the garments women ought to be wearing are designed to cover up, and not just barely.  " 

Elizabeth has written  4 articles about Ornamentation and  Beauty which you can see on the Frazer family blog. She does say that she likes ornamentation and likes to make things beautiful. She enjoys sewing and embroidery.  There are lots of mentions of immodest dress, tempting young men with desire they should only have for the one they marry. Also, are we building young men up with our manner of dress?  or causing them to work hard to overcome temptations caused by us dressing scantily? 

I don't think Elizabeth will be wearing anything showing an inch of collarbone.

She has probably used a fundie nightdress sewing pattern to make her wedding dress

Edited by Sops2
Grammar
  • Upvote 8

I'm really curious to know if she'll wear a headcovering at the wedding. I think that will predict her headcovering ways after the wedding. 

• Upvote 1

We weren’t even to Moldova yet. But we found that it didn’t matter! God dropped us off in Turkey and picked us up the next morning. It was as simple as that! 

Oh, darling, it's called an airplane. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ummmmm......

C2AACAB9-3E02-41AE-8041-6995FE671D0D.jpeg

What. the. fuck.

Lay off the bees, guys. Seriously. It's too much.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

According to a comment under the photo, they’re not going to wear beekeeping clothing at the wedding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

One weird thing I may have possibly found... in Quebec you have to publish on the Quebec government website a notice of your intended marriage at least 20 days before the wedding, and the notice then remains on the website for 20 days. I've been checking it at least once a week after they announced their engagement (yeah, don't judge me) and their notice has never been published. 

Do head-covering fundies have separate legal ceremonies after their religious ceremonies? Or not get legally married?

Maybe they don't care as they're presumably not going to be living in Quebec for long. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Traditional suits as expected:

744C0903-B849-4B9E-8BEC-C5133D1645F4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Live streams now up on youtube/Staddon family website:

https://www.staddonfamily.com/2019/08/24/michael-and-elizabeths-wedding-live-stream/

The venue is... functional I guess. 

1877690752_Sketch(22).thumb.png.70f5c6cfaa577d8df27b0bd2502cbde2.png

They have 4 cameras set up! Now that’s the Staddons for you.

Brown is obviously a wedding color since mom of the bride and youngest sister of the bride are wearing matching brown frumpers. 

One of the Frazer sons was stroking mama Frazer’s long hair like you would pet a little girl’s hair. Strange. 

• Upvote 3

Wow, those are some next-level fug bridesmaids' outfits.

1811128727_Sketch(24).png.72ebd5737b1c233064382b46aa27b058.png

At least no-one can say she's not modest... whoever she is, behind that veil.

28462765_Sketch(25).thumb.png.20a6656a7282a82457397e0af7fb350a.png

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic