IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

The Staddons, IBLP and FEW stalwarts, have recently started a new vlog. 

In other news, we are eagerly anticipating the wedding of two bee keepers:  Michael Staddon and Elizabeth Frazer.  They got engaged in August but their wedding is awaiting immigration permission as she is from Quebec.  There is a slight Maxwell connection with her family and frumpers abound too.

As reluctant Staddon brides, Kendalyn and Kathryn, provided us with gems of snark with their courtship stories, so I can't wait for this wedding.

Thanks to @usedbicycle for the link and @Sops2 for the thread title.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 3

I thought that I had a big forehead, now I see the Staddons and realize it's not so bad! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I wanted to send them chill pills when I watched the video.  They are thoroughly over-excited by the idea of a vlog and can't act for peanuts.  Esther's voice is so annoying!

And a couple more links to give an idea why I am so happy about the upcoming wedding:

The Staddon Family archive: https://www.freejinger.org/forum/309-staddon-family/

And probably my favorite courtship story ever.  More links included in thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

WTF? What did I just watch?? I don't have the words. They are the definition of kidults - immature, yet grown manchilds. And come on - Esther's voice HAS to be a joke! And the sunglass scene at the very end? I just can't...

Wasn't the Staddon father diagnosed with some severe illness (cancer?) in the recent past? Has anybody more information about that?

Thanks for the thread, BTW!

• Upvote 9

I am waiting with bated breath for michaelloveselizabeth.com and its romantic saga of "slight disinterest" and reading wacky coded messages into random bible verses!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Wasn't the Staddon father diagnosed with some severe illness (cancer?) in the recent past?

I vaguely remember that from last year and that Don was refusing conventional medical treatment.  I can't find anything about it on the rarely updated family blog though, and I lack google-fu.  Possibly it was referenced on some Staddon's social media.

And for those people who think all Fundies marry young:  Michael is 37.  Not sure how old  the bee-keeping bride is.  Here's her family blog beforeI forget.  https://www.frazerfamily.ca/blog/

And squeaky-voiced Esther is around 32 and still waiting patiently for Prince Charming.

Edited by Palimpsest
added link
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

What is UP with Esther's voice? Does she constantly huff helium or something?

• Haha 12

Please shoot me if I am getting sentimental.

I think Michael Staddon's proposal was romantic.  And very unusually impulsive for a Staddon.  He proposed before buying an engagement ring, in private (no photographers present), and Elizabeth wasn't all dressed up - she was wearing her barn clothes.

So baling twine can indeed be sentimental.  https://www.frazerfamily.ca/2018/08/the-sentimental-value-of-baling-twine/

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I'm like 30 s into this video and can barely handle the cringe. Why have a scripted intro if you're all bad actors? Oh Lordy.

• Upvote 6

Oh my your guys were right!  That was so incredibly painful to watch.  BEC but thoughts and prayers for new curtains for the Staddon homestead.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Oh my. That was painful to watch. Esther's voice reminds me of the Mally daughter who talks in a high pitched squeaky voice. 

I just watched the Skittle video where he got obsessed with Skittles and people hid them for him in churches and on gravestones. The last seems a tiny bit disrespectful. He counted all the Skittles, figured out how to eat them so he could make them last one year and ended up eating one Skittle every 30 hours for a year. 

Every one has their hobbies but the Skittle one is odd for sure. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 6

Gak! This gives me flashbacks. Kendalyn & Kathryn's versions of their "courtships" still give me nightmares. I try so hard to forget I ever read them and somehow, the Staddons always pop back up to remind me!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I think James will be the next Staddon to enter a courtship. And I’m thinking sometime this year. He is around 30, has his own photography and photography education business established, and he isn’t as unfortunate looking as some other Staddons (I won’t name names). My guess is a Wilkes, Waller, or Frazer. Although the Staddons are family friends with quite a few others. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

They also visited with the Schwartz family recently and it looked like there were a few adult fundie girls in that family. 

• Upvote 1

Was I the only one who had real trouble understanding what the first son (I have no idea what his name is...) was saying? 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think James will be the next Staddon to enter a courtship. And I’m thinking sometime this year. He is around 30, has his own photography and photography education business established, and he isn’t as unfortunate looking as some other Staddons (I won’t name names). My guess is a Wilkes, Waller, or Frazer. Although the Staddons are family friends with quite a few others. 

James Staddon and Sarah Waller?

Jonathan Staddon and Anna Maxwell?

Donald Staddon Jr. and Sarah Maxwell?

Edited by petrushka
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

What... did I just watch.

They do seem like they would be good matches for the Maxwell daughters, or maybe the Wallers.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What... did I just watch.

They do seem like they would be good matches for the Maxwell daughters, or maybe the Wallers.

I agree. I think James and Anna might be a good match but that won’t happen. Thanks to Steve and Teri.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

I know a Maxwell-Staddon match ain't gonna happen, for a lot of reasons.  Staddons actually try to have fun in their own unique ways. There's a level of silliness intolerable to the likes of Steve.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

What is UP with Esther's voice? Does she constantly huff helium or something?

She was probably taught her whole life that she has to be sweet and super cute. Maybe that's her interpretation of it. Plus the fact that she is unmarried and therefore not a real adult in their circles. It's annoying AF.

A Maxwell - Staddon is unlikely, but would be awesome. All that beige!!

• Upvote 7

Thank Rufus for this opportunity to reshare my favorite Esther photo ever, from a Staddon blog post titled "Sweet Fellowship at HQ"

IMAG0465.jpg

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 33
  • Love 1

Michael Staddon doing things differently  - one of his courting activities with Elizabeth Frazer   (preparing chickens)

He does look very smitten when he looks at her, which is lovely; -obviously a "no touching" engagement as in all the photos they are yards apart.

DSCN1138.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I think this one is probably the cutest picture of them because they aren’t awkwardly posing and just look relaxed. 

0B079574-50CB-4628-A5B7-6311811BC710.jpeg

A practical gift from Michael. I’m a practical person so I would appreciate a practical gift from DH. These two are probably a good match. 

2AE162CF-DD99-4D11-9B07-6129D92237CA.jpeg

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic