IGNORED

BUSTED! Smoking Gun! Ernest Angley admits sexual encounter with a MAN!

Queen Of Hearts

I am beyond giddy today... I woke up, checked the paper, and found this gem:  The Rev. Ernest Angley admitted sexual encounter.  

For those who aren't familiar with Angley, he is a local cult-leader/evangelist here in Ohio who runs the Grace Cathedral.  It has long been speculated that he had sexually abused male members of his church, despite preaching about the 'evils' of homosexuality.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg regarding his creepiness, evilness, and hypocrisy.  This tape is finally the smoking gun proof that so many here in Ohio have been looking for to hopefully break the hold this man has had over our community.  

Sounds like there will be another good article on him tomorrow.

I can’t believe he’s still alive—isn’t he pushing 100 now?

My mom and I used to watch his show for the shits-and-giggles factor.

He and Gwen Shamblin ought to get together and discuss hair tips. :)

Smittykins, I know he is in his 9Os now. Trust me, there are many here locally that will be celebrating his demise. I am just thrilled the truth is being exposed while he is still living. I know many of his sheep will still stick with him, but I also know this will drive many others away. His heir apparent, his associate pastor, is very creepy in that he talks JUST LIKE HIM. I have always felt that way of talking was some kind of brainwashing technique as it is so odd it just sucks you in.

I may have him confused with another evangelical nutjob, but isn't Ernest Angley the one who insisted on a celibate marriage with his wife? And who did punished his congregants when they tried to have children?

2 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I may have him confused with another evangelical nutjob, but isn't Ernest Angley the one who insisted on a celibate marriage with his wife? And who did punished his congregants when they tried to have children?

Yes, I am not 100% sure his marriage was celibate but I do remember reading an article somewhere that alluded to that.  And he talked his followers into getting vasectomies (no kids = more time and $ for his cult). 

10 hours ago, gustava said:

Wow!  That is  a really, reALLY, REALLY BAD toupee:bananna-demon:

If I ever met him I'd ask him what kind of rodent that was living on his head.

I always hated the way he would tell the "Evil deaf spirits come OUT" as if being deaf was a sin.

40 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

But how are his followers going to raise a army for Jesus if they don't have eleventy!!!1111!!! kids?

JRod and Jim Bob would never approve.

And here is another good podcast - same host as the one above but with different survivors.  Lots of new things I hadn't heard before. Glad I fell down this rabbit hole.  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/richardrossi/2017/06/06/faith-healer-ernest-angleys-grace-cathedral-cult-or-cure

This one talks about the abortions. He told a pregnant cult member that her pregnancy was like a tumor.  

10 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Yes, I am not 100% sure his marriage was celibate but I do remember reading an article somewhere that alluded to that. And he talked his followers into getting vasectomies (no kids = more time and $ for his cult).

He claimed that “the world was too wicked to bring children into,” but I don’t doubt this was his real reason.

This makes me happy!  I always disliked than big phoney creep! My ex’s parents thought he was wonderful.  

One more podcast with a group of Angley cult survivors.  This one is long but really good. Goes into a lot of detail about life in the cult.  

I have to laugh when the group is discussing his 40 day fasts and how they all lost so much weight but Ernest never did... and they just had that ah-ha moment as they were discussing this.  How he got away with so much for so long just shocks me.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/richardrossi/2017/06/27/ernest-angley-saint-or-scoundrel-part-2-in-series-on-healing-from-church-abuse

Archived