IGNORED

His Beloved Ruthie

EowynW

https://instagram.com/hisbelovedruthie?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=rgfu7w0uhqpl

This is a girl I grew up with. She's a hardcore Calvinist evangelical/modern fundie. She grew up very very privileged, was homeschooled, married another privileged person.  She's eager to make a name for herself in the young hip fundie mom circle. Lately she's become pretty hateful about anyone who disagrees with this current "godly pro life" administration and since she's so gung-ho to be public, I thought I'd share her here. 

She's an expert at Jesus speak. Also one of the biggest Good Christian B*tches I know behind the scenes. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't generally like to snark on people's baby name choices, but Evangelynn???

I know someone who recently had a baby and also named it a bastardized version of Evangeline. I don't get it. Evangeline is a beautiful name. It doesn't need to be 'tweaked'.

Is it okay I am not pleased at how cute her baby is? Women like that should not get the cute babies.

She describes herself like this,

Mama to Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth & Grace

Is that all one thing, or she against commas? 

Just now, kpmom said:

She describes herself like this,

Mama to Evangelynn Advocate for Life Gospel Hospitality Truth & Grace

Is that all one thing, or she against commas? 

Why not both?

I just went to her to website. So she's a 'grace gatherer', and 'truth teller', and a 'hope holder'. Oh boy.

?

I thank Jesus for the beauty of doing life side by side with my Taylor, the man he preserved for over 30 years for me.

Preserved??? Like in a jar, or.........?

Help the Church stand up against national supremacy, nazism, fascism, abortion and every form of racism.

Sweetheart, one of these things is not like the others.

How can she lament national supremacy, nazism, fascism, and every form of racism, and call the current administration 'godly'?  Oh, right, because these people are all disgusting hypocrites.

Warning: if you try to read her blog you will be completely over-saturated with Jesus talk within approximately half a minute.

Weird side note, I'm confused by her ten year challenge thing on Instagram. She looks about forty in both photos. Is she a vampire?

32 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Someone spoil me: is the titular "him" her husband or The Lord Most High?

I think it's The Lord Most High. 

Not being versed in fundie, what is "Gospel Hospitality" and how does it differ from regular hospitality?  I have a suspicion my hospitality is not gospel.

This is an awful snark on my part, but I'll say it anyway:  if she's so pro life (and probably anti birth control) why only 1 child? 

Aren't all of us, Christian or not, seekers of truth, grace and hope?

She seems over 30, yes?  And mentions God "preserved(??!!) her hubby for over 30 years for her. Was she one of those privileged SAHD  who languished at home until some older man in need of a wife came as along?  Did her father reject previous suitors  until it started to look odd she was unmarried (although she does mention date, rather that court).

She reminds me of Braggie of M is for Mama, except it's obvious she has money and Braggie just pretends.

She just got married in 2016. I'm sure they'll be more kids. 

She was a SAHD who was busy. She worked several jobs, spent a couple years traveling playing piano for an evangelical music group, worked at the local crisis pregnancy center. 

15 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not being versed in fundie, what is "Gospel Hospitality" and how does it differ from regular hospitality?  I have a suspicion my hospitality is not gospel.

This is an awful snark on my part, but I'll say it anyway:  if she's so pro life (and probably anti birth control) why only 1 child? 

Aren't all of us, Christian or not, seekers of truth, grace and hope

Hospitality is the new "in thing" and it is having the heathens at the house to convert them through your "amayzing spontaneous" hospitality.  Rosaria Butterfield (pastor's wife and former lesbian) is a huge advocate of everyone inviting every random person into their homes.  Who cares about safety and staying within a budget: Hospitality dammit.   

@Soulhuntress wishing for a “sigh” emoji to respond to this idea.

Going to say something unusually snarky for me; don’t know if it’s BEC or not. For a would-be designer, I find her Instagram sadly lacking in charm and attractiveness.

Took me two seconds to find her public FB page. Her September post about #metoo is particularly delightful...not.

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

Hospitality is the new "in thing" and it is having the heathens at the house to convert them through your "amayzing spontaneous" hospitality.  Rosaria Butterfield (pastor's wife and former lesbian) is a huge advocate of everyone inviting every random person into their homes.  Who cares about safety and staying within a budget: Hospitality dammit.   

She adores Rosalia Butterfield. And anything and everything The Gospel Coalition and Desirung God related. 

42 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Took me two seconds to find her public FB page. Her September post about #metoo is particularly delightful...not.

She's the type who believe men are under attack and penis bearers are to always be respected. 

And she does remind me so much of M is for mama. 

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

Yes. The couple who did the music and youth ministries at my old church were super into this and it led to one of their sons waking them up one morning to tell them that a strange man was sleeping on their couch. Some drunk guy just randomly decided to come in and make himself at home in the night because they had a policy of NEVER LOCKING THEIR DOOR. And then she’s talking to me the next morning at church, earnestly wondering how to make sure their kids feel safe while not sacrificing their holier-than-thou ‘hospitality’. I was horrified. I was just staring at her, thinking, “Lady, it’s pretty simple. Lock your fucking doors!” 

They ended up being broken into and being victims of theft multiple times and I’m pretty sure they’ve now decided that Jesus thinks it’s cool for them to have deadbolts and security cameras.

Hospitality evangelism is trendy in the South too, to nobody's surprise. It combines all of fundies' most favorite things: proselytizing + regional cliches + women doing domestic labor!

Before her daughter was born she made a post about her still in the womb daughter's evil sin nature that must be broken. Lori Alexander would love her. 

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

It combines all of fundies' most favorite things: proselytizing + regional cliches + women doing domestic labor!

And showing off -- don't forget how important it is to exhibit your perfect house, dishes & children on IG so that lesser Christians will take heed and copy your awesomeness!

Boy, this woman is a real piece of work. Just sat through her current IG story which is all about abortion, Brett Kavanaugh (he's innocent! he's innocent!), tRump is wonderful, and so on.

@EowynW - glad you've escaped the milieu that created a monster like her.

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Before her daughter was born she made a post about her still in the womb daughter's evil sin nature that must be broken. Lori Alexander would love her. 

I never really comprehended how horrible this doctrine was until I had children. To be able to look in your innocent baby's face and say that they're evil, sinful, and deserving of God's judgment...it's so unnatural.

7 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I never really comprehended how horrible this doctrine was until I had children. To be able to look in your innocent baby's face and say that they're evil, sinful, and deserving of God's judgment...it's so unnatural.

Calvinists are some of the worst about it. I remember meeting a Calvinist lady who said the road to hell was paved with the skulls of aborted babies. 

Every time she talks about her courtship/engagement/marriage, it's "broken and redeemed," "broken and redeemed," "broken and redeemed." Could she possibly use those two words more? And then this about him, I think when he was still her fiance: "Some know him as Justin, others know him as Taylor." Yeah, I'd be looking into that. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Maybe it involves putting some kind of expensive oil on your guests feet and then wiping those feet with your hair?

She loves to say stuff like "I'm taking a social media break this weekend to spend time with my husband and little girl" and then by Sunday she's back online sharing her nonsense. She did that this weekend but had to come back to preach to us today. 

To clarify my earlier possible BEC, this is the kind of Instagram I enjoy scrolling through (ETA: wow! You can swipe through the panels in the spoiler!)

Spoiler

(love all the comics I’ve scrolled through on this page)

https://instagram.com/theupcyclingjunkies

https://instagram.com/theprettypeacefulhome

(my house has never and probably will never look this way)

And beautifully staged pictures of food. Not Lori A’s style, though.

Archived