IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

5 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Saving sex until marriage is great. I personally didn’t do it but I was taught I should wait because I’m worth it.

Meh. Enjoying your body, and choosing the person you want to share it with is fine in my book, legally married or not. Sex does not make you impure or unworthy. Men are not taught these concepts, their premarital sexual activity is winked at. Of course, waiting is fine too if that's your choice, but I would take that time to learn about sex and explore your body so that you can enjoy sex with a partner when the time comes. Folks who are against premarital sex are often against masturbation too, and expect people to repress all forms of sexual expression until they are permitted to legally touch somebody else. Maybe that will work, and maybe it won't, but it seems like a lot of pressure to put on people.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went out last night. 

Tonight is chili and beer bread. The bread is a mix because I'm an evil working woman who is too lazy to be a good keeper at home and spend hours on Lori's magic Einkorn bread. 

Well, actually, it is from a mix because I bought a bag of it in Colorado on vacation three years ago and it is better than any recipe I've tried, so I've ordered some online every year since. 

Both chili and bread will last for probably two more days. Because that's how I roll in the winter--make a big pot of soup every three days or so. If cooking day is a work day, soup goes in a crockpot in the morning. Because you can work and still cook, Lori, it's not that hard. 

Dinner last night was frozen Kroger brand pizza. We went grocery shopping and it about did my back in. Came home and got as far as the couch. I can't tell you the evil thoughts I had regarding the woman who caused my car accident, Most of them involved baseball bats across the small of her back. 

Today will be meatloaf making and freezing, fajita meat marinating and freezing. What ends up being for dinner, I have no clue. 

Dinner last night was left over Chinese take out. I'm debating a chili or gumbo today, the weather got cold last night. 

Conundrum for @Ken... Yall teach that it should be the parents or at least the father's responsibility to find or approve spouses, mainly for daughters. 

You find this nice young man, he's in your church. He helps with youth events. He has the "right kind" of job. He says all the right things, you strike up a deal, they court then marry. First baby... second baby. She does everything she's supposed to do. Clean house, kids as under control as she can get them, Marital duties attended. 

His "testosterone, command man attitude" started showing a year or so in. Little things like yelling at the family dog. It escalates into him yelling at & threatening her because of small insignificant things. His temper gets him fired. She leaves for a weekend to your house. What do you tell her? That *she* made the bad choice in spouse??? 

Do you still blame her for your bad choice? For not doing all the work to find out this mans true character? 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Both chili and bread will last for probably two more days. Because that's how I roll in the winter--make a big pot of soup every three days or so. If cooking day is a work day, soup goes in a crockpot in the morning. Because you can work and still cook, Lori, it's not that hard. 

Me too!  I try to add a recipe or two to my rotation each year but we live on soups and stews in the winter.  

We are traveling now but I have chili ready to heat up when we arrive home tomorrow night.  I need to spend some time cooking midweek so I can replenish my frozen soups. 

Before we moved in October, I made three kinds of soup and a double batch of spaghettic sauce, froze them and carried them to our new house in coolers. It was so handy to have meals ready to pull out of the freezer during those hectic first weeks in a new place. The other day I noticed I had some spaghetti sauce left in the freezer and it made me much happier than it should have. 

@feministxtian I have been wanting to freeze some meat loaves. Do you freeze them in disposable pans? Ziploc bags? I'd love any tips you may have. 

Wow, I get so excited when the thread drifts to meals!!  I wonder if I have a problem. 

C5879B26-73C2-4B9A-9C33-C1E9E71D95EA.thumb.jpeg.ed6f977e5a4922c002d7d63e382310e2.jpeg

This was too good not to post. I wonder how Lori truly feels about race. 

Spoiler

591A9A08-A61A-4105-8A7C-87DFA4B76C2F.thumb.jpeg.4a9fac80447156d8bb36ca36679aa38b.jpeg

I hate when people claim toxic masculinity isn’t real but toxic feminism is. Feminism allows Lori to be able to stay home. It allows women to work if they choose. It’s all about choice. 

Last night was taco bowls- ground beef  (sometimes I use turkey) with a can of black beans simmered in taco seasoning.  We use a brown rice/quinoa blend as the base- one of those pouches you steam for 90 seconds. I don’t do that for mine- I roast cauliflower crumbles in the oven for 20 minutes at 425 (drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning- I use chili lime). I also usually put frozen corn right in the beef and bean mixture, but on the way back from visiting MIL after Christmas we stopped at Trader Joe’s so I got some frozen corn with cojita cheese- it was delicious added in. Everyone builds their own bowl- I added the corn, salsa, avocado, and some manchego cheddar cheese. I forgot to pick up some sour cream or I would have included that too. 

Lunch today is pulled pork, baked beans, fries, and cucumbers in vinegar. No clue what dinner will be- we have some leftovers so probably an assortment. I like the idea of cheese and crackers too so might run out to get some to add in. We won’t need a big meal for dinner. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

The other day I noticed I had some spaghetti sauce left in the freezer and it made me much happier than it should have. 

@feministxtian I have been wanting to freeze some meat loaves. Do you freeze them in disposable pans? Ziploc bags? I'd love any tips you may have. 

Whenever I cook pre-prepared frozen stuff I always thank past me for being so thoughtful to future me.

I'm not @feministxtian but I freeze meatloaf in disposable pans wrapped in foil then put into a freezer bag. Sometimes I make individual meatloaves in those cute little mini loaf pans.

Well, Prudently, as someone who spent 19 years in the public child welfare system, I can shed some light for you. 

1. The vast majority of our foster care providers were either single, working mothers or couples, where both adults worked out of the home. Many times, they were nurses, teachers, or other service oriented professions. Some went to church and some didn’t. 

2. Lori’s audience (and Prudently’s target audience) isn’t going to pursue foster parenting or foster to adopt avenues because of state oversight/involvement. These children can’t be homeschooled (until an adoption is finalized) and there are also stipulations about private/Christian education (especially when the child is not legally free for adoption). 

3. Children in public child welfare aren’t there because life was good. They are traumatized and even under quality mental health treatment may experience mood/behavioral changes at certain developmental periods or in response to trauma triggers. A lot of them have siblings or other family members that they want to maintain contact with (sometimes that includes parents)- and those stipulations are sometimes court ordered. These are the kids that Lori’s fan girls try desperately to keep their kids away from, lest they become “corrupted”. 

4. I can see many of her fan girls (and men) objecting to foster/adoptive training requirements and the entire home study process. 

5. Lori’s audience wants “blank slate” babies. 

44F79449-A663-45AD-AF0C-ED91FF9A8FFB.png

I made a large batch of beef gulasch yesterday. Half of it was served today with carrots and tiny potato dumplings in it as some kind of beef stew. Other half will be served next sunday with lots of paprika as hungarian styled gulasch with pasta. The rest of the stew will serve us the next 2 days. I love a hearty stew or soup in winter. Has someone a good chilli recipe for me and some tips with what into, since I can't stand any lentils except for green beans.

I just did the last round with doggie a few minutes ago and we have a crispy cold winter night with a clear sky here. The full moon is already up and bright at the sky and when I get up tomorrow the lunar eclipse will be in full effect.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I just wrap 'em in tin foil. To cook, put them on a cookie pan. 375 degrees until done. 

Dinner last night was actually "linner" - very late lunch which took the place of dinner.  It was a frozen lasagne and frozen garlic toast.  Also known as I was not in a cooking mood but was really hungry and it was in the freezer!  We had left overs for lunch today and dinner was whatever we came up with.  I had an egg salad sandwich, Mr. Briefly found the leftover cooked potatoes from yesterday's breakfast and some pinto beans in the freezer from the last big batch I made.

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

We went out last night. 

Tonight is chili and beer bread. The bread is a mix because I'm an evil working woman who is too lazy to be a good keeper at home and spend hours on Lori's magic Einkorn bread. 

Well, actually, it is from a mix because I bought a bag of it in Colorado on vacation three years ago and it is better than any recipe I've tried, so I've ordered some online every year since. 

The beer bread sounds good. What kind of mix is it?

Dinner last night was chuck roast with fingerling potatoes. Had a guest snowed in from out of town and it was fun to share with her.

All of your meals sound amazing.

I've got gumbo in the big pot, my camera all geared up for the eclipse, & since I haven't made a fire in my chiminea in a long time, I've got some old checks & pecan wood ready to go! 

Just now, Imrlgoddess said:

I've got gumbo in the big pot, my camera all geared up for the eclipse, & since I haven't made a fire in my chiminea in a long time, I've got some old checks & pecan wood ready to go! 

We are so disappointed we won't be able to catch the eclipse tonight. Mr. EW is an amateur astronomer and I am an astrophotographer. But 4AM for work comes too fast. 

Do these naive, "easily deceived", "weak-minded" (self-proclaimed) women have ANY IDEA what it entails to raise a child from foster care?  Do they understand RAD?  Have they any education on trauma?  Do they even understand these things SPIRITUALLY, since they claim to believe the Bible?

I have friends who adopted domestically from the US foster care system: their kids all had to work through RAD and some still show symptoms periodically. One of the children is an adult now, but they're still guardians, because the autism diagnosis was severe and no amount of behavioral therapy the state can offer has "fixed" him.  He jumped off a bridge recently and broke his leg. He needs constant love and attention.  

Their European adoptions are even more interesting: the children all needed thousands of dollars of therapy, surgeries, and equipment (wheelchairs, gait trainers, walkers, feeding tubes, etc.)  There are eight children in diapers now.  

This is NOT just something "anyone" or "any old Christian" can or SHOULD do!

This is a particular calling for certain people. All families will NOT and should not do this.  Other families should financially support and prayerfully support those who do.  But to insist that adoption from foster care (specifically) and adoption elsewhere "fixes" the global issue of unwanted children is ludicrous.

I want to see Lori spend ONE DAY in my friends' home, with their adopted children and see how she fares.  Heck, I want to see Lori spend one day in a friend's home with two children with special medical needs and see her survive when she can't "sleep train" tube-fed babies, but she HAS to feed them on schedule!

God have mercy.  These people are so arrogant.

Popeyes spicy chicken, biscuit, and homemade beef noodle soup for dinner. Plus I baked a pound cake this morning. Good eating day.

I finally got round to roasting the chicken I'd intended for yesterday so we had chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, Yorkshire puddings, sage and onion stuffing, cabbage, carrots and peas plus the remains of my Christmas gravy ( recipe J. Oliver.)

37 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Do these naive, "easily deceived", "weak-minded" (self-proclaimed) women have ANY IDEA what it entails to raise a child from foster care?  Do they understand RAD?  Have they any education on trauma?  Do they even understand these things SPIRITUALLY, since they claim to believe the Bible?

I have friends who adopted domestically from the US foster care system: their kids all had to work through RAD and some still show symptoms periodically. One of the children is an adult now, but they're still guardians, because the autism diagnosis was severe and no amount of behavioral therapy the state can offer has "fixed" him.  He jumped off a bridge recently and broke his leg. He needs constant love and attention.  

Their European adoptions are even more interesting: the children all needed thousands of dollars of therapy, surgeries, and equipment (wheelchairs, gait trainers, walkers, feeding tubes, etc.)  There are eight children in diapers now.  

This is NOT just something "anyone" or "any old Christian" can or SHOULD do!

This is a particular calling for certain people. All families will NOT and should not do this.  Other families should financially support and prayerfully support those who do.  But to insist that adoption from foster care (specifically) and adoption elsewhere "fixes" the global issue of unwanted children is ludicrous.

I want to see Lori spend ONE DAY in my friends' home, with their adopted children and see how she fares.  Heck, I want to see Lori spend one day in a friend's home with two children with special medical needs and see her survive when she can't "sleep train" tube-fed babies, but she HAS to feed them on schedule!

God have mercy.  These people are so arrogant.

You also forgot not spanking them too. 

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I hate when people claim toxic masculinity isn’t real but toxic feminism is. Feminism allows Lori to be able to stay home. It allows women to work if they choose. It’s all about choice. 

too many people (like Lori)  don't get that.  My great-grandma had to work outside the home, but not by choice.  She and her oldest daughter were maids.  My aunt didn't get past 6th grade.  My grandma essentially raised her 3 (or 4, we aren't sure) younger sisters.   Sadly, only 1 survived to adulthood.  My great-grandpa, he stayed at home and abused his daughters and drank.  My great-grandma didn't have much of a choice.  Oh and they were required to go to church, but great grandpa stayed home and drank.  My greatgrandma would have marched for womens votes if hr husband hadn't been such an ass.  

My grandma was a very devout Christian.  She was also a feminist (she was almost radical).  She made sure her younger sister and her other siblings (her father remarried after her other died and had 5 more children) were safe.  She cared about her family.  She is the type of woman other women should learn from.  

Dinner for me:  home made low carb broccoli soup.  

9 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

My grandma was a very devout Christian.  She was also a feminist (she was almost radical).  She made sure her younger sister and her other siblings (her father remarried after her other died and had 5 more children) were safe.  She cared about her family.  She is the type of woman other women should learn from.  

I've told y'all about my father's mother, right? This is a woman who had enough of my grandfather's shit and divorced him in the 1940's. She and my pop-pop finally got married shortly before my aunt graduated from nursing school in 1960 or so. They "shacked up" for about 10 years beforehand. She also went back and filed for my grandfather's social security when she found out the check would be for more than her SS. She worked full time into her 70's. There was pretty much NOTHING domestic about her. She kicked ass and took names her entire life. 

My maternal grandmother( born 1899) went from her father's home to her mother-in-law's home when she married in 1919. She lived there while her husband , several brothers and sisters-in-law worked outside the home. She and my great Gm kept house.

When my grandfather could afford a house it was in the late 1920's. She remained a SAHM even during war-time(WWII)  because my mother was too young.

My paternal grandmother left my grandfather on the family small holding because she didn't want to be a farmer's wife. She'd had enough being the farmer's daughter. She moved to London and worked on the buses throughout the war and never went back. They didn't divorce because they were Catholic.

Both of my grandmothers were happy with their choices as were both of my grand-fathers.

@Seahorse Wrangler  Your dinner sounds amazing!  Any leftovers to send my way.  :my_biggrin:

Dinner tonight (after a late lunch) was a picnic of cheese, crackers, pickles, olives, carrot sticks, and a pot of tea in front of the fire. It's turned really cold here.

Tomorrow, because we have the day off and I'll have the time to really cook, dinner is pork roast, sage and onion dressing, roast parsnips, left over greens from Sat. night and maybe carrots.  There will be leftovers for the next couple of days  probably BBQ and then pork fried rice.

I love it when we talk of food here. I'm 100 percent convinced all of us are better, more nutritious, healthier yummy cooks than Lori is, ever could be, or ever will be.

Tonight's dinner was cooked last night! Yesterday we had a Weber roast beef with roast pumpkin, potatoes and carrots. Gravy to go with it.

BUT, after the roast was done, I put a casserole dish with diced steak, onion, mushroom and garlic flavoured with mustard powder, pepper and mixed herbs, all cooked in beer,  into the Weber to slow cook for a couple of hours. So tonight, we've got smokey casseroled beef with leftover roast potatoes..... 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived