IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

3 hours ago, KatBonD said:

Matt is stepping on thin ice. How dare he question the older godly woman! Will Lori allow the apostacy to continue?

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 8.41.38 AM.png

She continues on.....

Women asserting themselves for equal rights = loud and vulgar.

Women asserting themselves to end abortion = not loud and vulgar.

The logic exercises she has to go through on a daily basis are amazing!

**Edited to add: I cannot stand this guy Kyle Smith and comments she allows to stay. He's disgusting.

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 11.48.12 AM.png

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori Alexander is just stupid. A stupid hypocrite. This should be stickied to the top of each of her threads. She wasn't just assertive, she was aggressive for most of her marriage. Now she says women should be doormats. What a way to promote low self-esteem and acceptance of abuse. Lori doesn't believe in boundaries either. She's just a stupid, nosy, busybody, wrapping herself in Christianity to cover up her ugliness. 

20 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Just going back a moment to the Raw Story link @delphinium65 posted:

Lester Kester?!!?!  Seriously?  Who does that to a child?  Now he's Lester Kester the Molester.  You just can't make this stuff up. 

Actually, he's Lester Kester Jr. So, that means 2 generations of parents thought it was a good name.

And worse, who knows how many generations of their family thought it was a good idea to deny their children medical care and cover up abuse. :(

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jul/19/caldwell-couple-arrested-in-child-abuse-case-part-/

Like Lori truly cares for anyone other than herself. there is no way to ever end abortion. It will always exist. Don’t like the rate of abortion? We need to expand birth control access, offer better sex education, and talk to young people about being ready for sex and all that may come with it. I get sick and tired of “Christians” complaining about abortion. Don’t like it? You don’t have to have one. No one is forcing you. 0BA12043-EDD2-4A33-851E-55C0DE77D69C.thumb.jpeg.9d0779b7337cc1f809552e8e64aa55a5.jpeg

Idk Lori is being pretty assertive in her point with Matthew. Part of being assertive is being confident and that's what she's displaying. She's constantly assertive and forceful with her views. It's why she often replies rudely when she misunderstands a followers comment or deletes those who disagree. 

Being assertive isn't bad. I've had to be assertive to make sure people are helping my dad at the hospital. That includes talking to a hospital advocate. Also one can be assertive without being a jerk. She just doesn't like boundaries. 

37 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Being assertive isn't bad. I've had to be assertive to make sure people are helping my dad at the hospital. That includes talking to a hospital advocate. Also one can be assertive without being a jerk. She just doesn't like boundaries. 

Sometimes being a jerk goes with being assertive. Fortunately cancer is much better understood than chronic pancreatitis so I think I'll be able to advocate w/o being an asshole this time.

11 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Dang!  What struck me was the personal tone. It's almost like it could be someone who knows Lori personally or is close to someone in her family.

You may well be right about that.  He comes across as very personal.  But he is also right about her, she is a disgusting person, a hypocrite and a liar.

As a patient advocate, I appreciate assertive family members who speak up on behalf of the patient, and sometimes it does require strong conversations with the care providers, especially when you get conflicting information from them.  I've been on both sides of the equation and understand where family members are coming from.  Could you imagine Lori as a patient, looking at the hospital food and saying, "this isn't Eikhorn bread, and I only eat grassfed $14/pound butter."  She would be the patient from hell.

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

there are over 100,000 kids in the foster care system that can be adopted. Adoption isn’t the answer for ending abortion.

Can you even imagine Lori working with a foster child, trying to love a vulnerable person struggling with trauma and loss? Putting a little child ahead of her needs? Not hitting that child? Trying to parent with compassion and love? She is simply incapable. In her interactions with adults she lacks all humility and kindness -- not to mention meekness or any gentle instincts. On her page she brags that she is like a lion but other women will be happier if they are like golden retrievers. You can't make this nonsense up. 

4 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Can you even imagine Lori working with a foster child, trying to love a vulnerable person struggling with trauma and loss? Putting a little child ahead of her needs? Not hitting that child? Trying to parent with compassion and love? She is simply incapable. In her interactions with adults she lacks all humility and kindness -- not to mention meekness or any gentle instincts. On her page she brags that she is like a lion but other women will be happier if they are like golden retrievers. You can't make this nonsense up. 

I have a few adopted/foster children that I work with and it often takes an extra bit of love because trauma is something most are dealing with and that influences a lot of behavioral issues. I wouldn't let her near any of my kiddos. She'll see what assertive looks like then lol. I 

Also what's everyone doing for dinner? I didn't feel like making meat so I made a corn casserole (my favorite comfort food) and roasted potatoes (with olive oil I infused myself today). I also have bread dough rising and stuff out to make cookies. 

I've got a stinker of a cold so Sea Filly2 and Sea Colt made a simple cheese, meat, crackers and bread supper since none of us were

1) that hungry 

2) wanting to spend a lot of time cooking.

Not the healthiest of foods but we ate enough to be satisfied.

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

He's a fundie himself (while less extreme than Lori) and his parents have a good relationship with Lori and Ken, they have always been in the same social circle. Plus Ken helped him to find a job. No, I don't think Alyssa's husband would put everything in risk making an annonimous comment. 

When I read the comment, I thought about an Alyssa's workmate or a very good friend. Maybe someone related to her dancing career (she was very young and heartbroken then).

I'm also thinking that too. Alyssa could have confided into friends about how awful Lori is and the mental struggles she had as a result. 

The part about the " daughter who hates you" could mean that Alyssa still has on-going issues. The guy mentioned Lori lying constantly and it's possible that Alyssa is fed up with all the lies that Lori tells and maybe Lori's lying has increased as her blogs have gained popularity. 

It would be fun if someone who knows Lori IRL contacted a journalist or one of the bloggers who covers Lori on Patheos, Scary Mommy, or any of the other sites. 

I work 12 hours both weekend days so I eat at work. For work today I made taco soup, I usually eat one bigger meal for lunch/dinner and bring a filling snack to eat later if I end up hungry. 

39 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Sarah92 Corn casserole sounds yummy.  Recipe pretty please.

@Seahorse Wrangler  Your supper sounds lovely, just the thing when you're not feeling that hungry. 

It's just about the easiest dish I've ever made and takes little effort which is great for holidays. My great grandma made it very often     for family get togethers. 

1. 1 can of corn drained

2. I can of cream corn (not drained) 

3. I cup of sour cream (tastes fine without it if not on hand) 

4. 1 stick of melted butter

5. 1 box of jiffy corn muffin mix. 

6. Throw all of it in a bowl and mix, mix, mix

7. Pour in 8x8 pan (or whatever available around that size) and bake for about 45 mins. at 350. It may take a little longer in a smaller dish. 

8. Can add additional things like eggs for a lighter dish, cheese, or a sugar for a sweeter corn dish. 

*I think its a good dish to start with teaching kids to cook because it's not super involved and it's hard to mess up. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Also what's everyone doing for dinner? I didn't feel like making meat so I made a corn casserole (my favorite comfort food) and roasted potatoes (with olive oil I infused myself today). I also have bread dough rising and stuff out to make cookies. 

Koala husband and I had zero noodle spinach and mushroom alfredo w/ steamed green beans.

The Koala kids had pizza out with their friends.  Which makes me wonder...Lori was such a control freak about what her kids ate (going so far as convincing them that consuming sugar was a sin).  I wonder if they were ever allowed to hang out w/ friends and eat pizza and other teen approved junk food.  I can totally see Lori not allowing that, and it makes me really sad for all that her kids missed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/19/us/covington-catholic-high-school-nathan-phillips.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

and Lori said people at the Right for Life matches are never vulgar.

I mean I'd say I'm pro-life from start to finish. I don't support making abortion illegal but making it more unnecessary in the future through birth control, education, helping with better decision making skills, boosting self esteem etc. systematic change rather than bandaid change. However, I know pro life groups in the past have bombed clinics, made threats and treated people unkindly. I'd say that's pretty vulgar. 

Wonkette has video of the encounter.  Loud and vulgar doesn't begin to describe how those asshat boys acted.

@Seahorse Wrangler we call that kind of dinner "nibbly bits". Sometimes it's better than others depending on what we have in the pantry.

Mr. Nova and I are making a double batch of chicken enchiladas and mexican rice so we can take some to my parents tomorrow. Dad is going through chemo and eating is his only real pleasure right now. He's too weak to do much of anything but thankfully he hasn't lost his appetite. Mom isn't much of a cook and relies on takeout. I've tried doing meal prep for her and freezing so all she has to do is defrost and cook but she has a hard time remembering to take the food out the night before. 

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:
  Hide contents

CBAE1C05-F05A-42CF-870D-015A7D90B076.thumb.jpeg.6057ec1608bbcfd58be84a18b6cd88a9.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

B30EF994-B13D-46B3-A02F-EA093AB1D09A.thumb.jpeg.cf1f6a24f107b08262e0fe48f4be1eb1.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

E9811EE6-0A1E-4E8C-B1E5-14F3C9FF0B4A.thumb.jpeg.48a2904d5375cdfccb0ac496a9d97b4f.jpeg

https://adoptionnetwork.com/adoption-statistics

there are over 100,000 kids in the foster care system that can be adopted. Adoption isn’t the answer for ending abortion. 

They want a newborn baby, Lori herself said baby, not child with a past and possible traumas and issues. Many of the "give up your baby for adoption instead of abortion people" didn't give a shit for the kids in foster care. These kids come with baggage and that would spoil their fantasy. No, they want a baby to raise from the start and a woman with an unwanted pregnancy is just the incubator for that fantasy.

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/19/us/covington-catholic-high-school-nathan-phillips.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

and Lori said people at the Right for Life matches are never vulgar.

I mean I'd say I'm pro-life from start to finish. I don't support making abortion illegal but making it more unnecessary in the future through birth control, education, helping with better decision making skills, boosting self esteem etc. systematic change rather than bandaid change. However, I know pro life groups in the past have bombed clinics, made threats and treated people unkindly. I'd say that's pretty vulgar.

That’s what turned me pro-choice, especially when they would just wring their hands and say “We don’t condone violence,” but not doing anything to prove it.

(Well, that and the concept of forcing a 12-year-old to carry her rapist’s baby to term, because it’s always rape when she’s 12.)

A few hours late, but dinner last night was marinated roasted chicken, baked pasta, and veggies, courtesy of my bestie.  We took her 91-year-old mom shopping at Ross (her favorite place for bargains).  Gran is amazing.  At 91, she still plays the organ in her church every Sunday and dresses like a fashion plate.  I want to be her when I grow up.  She has more energy than Lori appears to have on her best days.

We had chili. The first time I'd ever made chili before. I even made my own seasoning. Budget friendly and clean meal. I don't know why Lori doesn't cook dinners like this. 

Spoiler

D720E872-CA40-4348-BE6B-DFFD1D4A24A3.thumb.jpeg.a3565eb556a84ba7500964243fb9676e.jpeg

The top one won’t be there for long even though it’s a man calling her out. 

Spoiler

8B823A8E-0704-4E7A-B58E-079217DC9D49.thumb.jpeg.3cacd430065717396cf0550eaab065f5.jpeg

Saving sex until marriage is great. I personally didn’t do it but I was taught I should wait because I’m worth it. Not everyone is taught to wait for marriage. And being a good wife and mother has zero to do with abortion.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived