IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

23 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

She's listed an a Dietitian on her old, pre-Spanky Linkedin, but the only thing under "experience" is her ex-husband David's practice.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-porter-ringel-b8140211

David, as we know, ended up arrested on conspiracy to deal in a controlled substance (he ultimately pleaded guilty to one count of forgery and got off relatively lightly).

She also does not list herself as a "Certified Dietitian", which seems to be an important distinction. From the State of Indiana website:

"Please note that certification for a dietitian in Indiana is not mandatory. It is a title protection for individuals who wish to use the title "Certified Dietitian" or the credentials "C.D.".  You may practice dietetics / nutrition therapy services without state certification but cannot call yourself a "Certified Dietitian" unless you are certified with this state. A dietitian registered by the commission on dietetic registration may use the title “registered dietitian” and the designation “RD” but may not profess to be a certified dietitian without being certified by the Board."

https://www.in.gov/pla/2412.htm

Her Linkedin lists University of Dayton under "Education", but no specifics.

This link doesn’t exist when I click on it. 

Edited by 241

4 hours ago, 241 said:

Oh GAWD...look who is back, everyone...FLOTSH!

4 minutes ago, LydiaAnn said:

Oh GAWD...look who is back, everyone...FLOTSH!

...and Miss Lisa ran her trim, healthy, narcissistic momma self right over to LinkedIn to update her profile, per our comments on here: 

01D0AD63-12B0-4D2B-BABF-1D4563050815.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Thank You 3

On 1/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, Howl said:

Another thing to remember.  Lisa confirms that RC doesn't remember any of the things that happened -- not being drunk, or being pulled over or being in jail. This ties right in.   A sufficiently high blood alcohol level blocks the process of forming memories. That's an alcoholic blackout; this can also be referred to as alcohol-induced amnesia.  Alcoholics can go on benders of binge drinking for days and remember absolutely nothing about it -- where they were, who they were with, what they did, how much money they spent -- nothing. No memory was formed.

So do complete strangers really wake up in Vegas hotels and discover they got married?  Or is that only in fanfiction?

Edited by CyborgKin
punctuation riffle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, 241 said:

And I for one am shocked, SHOCKED at it's sudden deletion :pb_lol:

• Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

So do complete strangers really wake up in Vegas hotels and discover they got married?  Or is that only in fanfiction?

...or episodes of Friends...

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

or Jimmy Buffett soundtracks...

Don't know the reason
Stayed here all season
Nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue.

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
Now I think, hell, it could be my fault.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

I love that song! 

So apparently Beall left Scotland today. I hope having her MIL there for such a long time was okay for Delaney. Best case she even enjoyed it since her mother sadly couldn't be there to welcome the baby. 

This is Spanky's third grandchild and he'll probably won't see much of it in the future. I'm expecting a rant from Lisa about this pretty soon. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Whatever else I think of Beall, I actually don't get a MIL-From-Hell vibe from her. Granted, I don't know much about the situation beyond social media, but I get the impression she has a good relationship with Delaney, and seems pretty supportive of both her and Josh.

Spending my first couple of weeks postpartum cooped up in an apartment with someone I don't like, thousands of miles away from my usual home would be my idea of hell, so I really hope I'm right, if only for Delaney's sake. The women I know who lost their mothers young tend to have a lot of emotions come rushing back when they have their own kids, especially the first, making a situation that can already be overwhelming even at the best of times even more so.

On the bright side, they're thousands of miles away Doug, Spanky, and Lisa, so they've got that going for 'em :pb_lol:

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Funny you should ask. My dad had a friend who went on a Vegas weekend with a bunch of friends and ended up married to an acquaintance (not a stranger, but still) after a night of drinking. He was actually engaged to someone else at the time and tried to get the Vegas marriage annulled based on the fact he was so drunk he misspelled his own name, but Clark County wouldn't do it. They'd stayed married for 12 years when I heard the story.

Edited by Leftitinmysnood
Riffles
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Funny you should ask. My dad had a friend who went on a Vegas weekend with a bunch of friends and ended up married to an acquaintance (not a stranger, but still) after a night of drinking. He was actually engaged to someone else at the time and tried to get the Vegas marriage annulled based on the fact he was so drunk he misspelled his own name, but Clark County wouldn't do it. They'd stayed married for 12 years when I heard the story.

He'd have had to get a marriage license at the courthouse at some point before the ceremony, I would think? It sounds like a convenient excuse to end an unwanted engagement! :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Whatever else I think of Beall, I actually don't get a MIL-From-Hell vibe from her. Granted, I don't know much about the situation beyond social media, but I get the impression she has a good relationship with Delaney, and seems pretty supportive of both her and Josh.

Spending my first couple of weeks postpartum cooped up in an apartment with someone I don't like, thousands of miles away from my usual home would be my idea of hell, so I really hope I'm right, if only for Delaney's sake. The women I know who lost their mothers young tend to have a lot of emotions come rushing back when they have their own kids, especially the first, making a situation that can already be overwhelming even at the best of times even more so.

On the bright side, they're thousands of miles away Doug, Spanky, and Lisa, so they've got that going for 'em :pb_lol:

I agree with you on this. I don’t get that vibe from Beall either. I glad both those kids had someone to come visit them. It’s gotta be hard to have your baby, let alone your first baby, away from family in another country.

Wondering if Lisa will add this new baby to her list of “grands”. Can you even do that, if your husband unblessed their marriage and neither you or your husband even talk to them? Hmmmm.

• Upvote 9

I know they get a bunch of information when they look up the license plate, although I don't know for sure that it includes cellphone numbers. But they could probably look it up pretty easily online if not through an official database.

Not as much as you might think - registration info on the car. That’s it . And if it’s not your car or you moved or it was sold, that won’t be accurate.

Unless Lisa has some really good friends who are cops or they go to the Church or they know Spanky might need a little “help” getting home, they’re not calling her on her cell phone. That isn’t going to appear anywhere on the car registration or his license.

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, bea said:

Not as much as you might think - registration info on the car. That’s it . And if it’s not your car or you moved or it was sold, that won’t be accurate.

All they would really need is Lisa’s name and city of residence from her car registration. With that information, you can look her up in a database. I’d assume the police have an official database but whitepages.com works pretty well for phone numbers. It’s really not that hard, the information is out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

If nothing else, at least her new grandchild has given her something else to focus on besides the fact that she is 50 years old. I have never heard someone carry on like she has on Instagram about turning 50. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

All they would really need is Lisa’s name and city of residence from her car registration. With that information, you can look her up in a database. I’d assume the police have an official database but whitepages.com works pretty well for phone numbers. It’s really not that hard, the information is out there.

Oh, I agree, it’s easy enough to find, but it’s really really unlikely for a LEO to call in an erratic driver, get the registration info, then look online to see if they can find the cell number of the wife of the guy driving drunk.
The idea that somehow law enforcement just kinda...... called, that’s my issue.
Unless it’s a very very tiny town and/or Lisa knows the LEO personally, ain’t no way they just kinda called her out of the blue. All other issues aside, it’s really REALLY against the rules to be using your personal cell phone to contact the personal cell phone of the wife of the person you’re about to arrest for DUI. Lisa might not understand these things, but theres, like, RULES and stuff about police calling civilians in an official capacity.
  • Upvote 5

20 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

or Jimmy Buffett soundtracks...

Don't know the reason
Stayed here all season
Nothing to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue.

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
Now I think, hell, it could be my fault.

I can’t remember the artist’s name (as usual), but there’s one lively song that starts out,

”I’m in love with ya, baby,

i don’t even know your name”

And it ends up:

”I’m married to a waitress

i don’t even know her name

I’ve never been too good at 

all those sexual games”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jezzable said:

If nothing else, at least her new grandchild has given her something else to focus on besides the fact that she is 50 years old. I have never heard someone carry on like she has on Instagram about turning 50. 

Maybe the birth of her grandchild will help her embrace this new season of life. Not a big fan of Beall, but seeing her struggling with her age so desperately was really sad.  

27 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I can’t remember the artist’s name (as usual), but there’s one lively song that starts out,

”I’m in love with ya, baby,

i don’t even know your name”

And it ends up:

”I’m married to a waitress

i don’t even know her name

I’ve never been too good at 

all those sexual games”

That's Alan Jackson - 'Don't even know your name'. And now I'll be humming that song all day long ?

• Thank You 4

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

That's Alan Jackson - 'Don't even know your name'. And now I'll be humming that song all day long

And I have an ear worm too.  She's missing a front tooth.

Click the spoiler at your own risk.

Spoiler

Edited by Palimpsest
fixed spoiler
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

Maybe the birth of her grandchild will help her embrace this new season of life. Not a big fan of Beall, but seeing her struggling with her age so desperately was really sad.  

That's Alan Jackson - 'Don't even know your name'. And now I'll be humming that song all day long ?

I just had a terrible thought. Maybe DPIAT tried to convince his wife (as he did the nanny) that she would not be growing old at all much less with him. Ew.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bea said:

Unless it’s a very very tiny town and/or Lisa knows the LEO personally, ain’t no way they just kinda called her out of the blue.

Ordinarily yes. But ordinarily people don't drive drunk with their kids in the car.

Lisa's story telling is a bit jumbled, so it's challenging determining the exact chronology of events. For the sake of argument let's assume she's not lying about getting a call from the cops. Let's also assume they didn't get her cell number from whitepages.com or any other online public database, none of which are a good resource since most cell phones are by default unlisted.

The call would come after Spanky-Dranky had already been pulled over and deemed a threat to public safety. After cuffing and securing the drunk in the back of his patrol car the officer's chief concern shifted to the issue of the two minor children in Spanky's car. It was officer's personal responsibility to guard them and deal with who would take custody of them. In that situation a cop would know to be officer friendly to the boys. He'd first ascertain their relationship to the drunk, something not at all apparent since the kids are black and the drunk is white. The cop would then ask about their mom and her availability. In all likelihood the cop got Lisa's phone number from the boys, which he then passed off to his supervisor to make the call.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, refugee said:

I just had a terrible thought. Maybe DPIAT tried to convince his wife (as he did the nanny) that she would not be growing old at all much less with him. Ew.

OMG. Insightful. Even if he never said it to her, she certainly learned that he was saying it to the nanny! That’s the kind of thing messes up a person’s mind

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I could see how each new day #50andstillhere could bring some kind of wonder if her husband had told her (or others, and a rumor got back to her) that she wouldn’t make it past 49.

The mind is a powerful thing.

ETA: pure speculation, of course. But I wouldn’t put it past him.

Edited by refugee
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 1/25/2019 at 6:52 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Ann-Barnhardt.jpg.77dad13310ca0f4bd98ed8e85e0ff016.jpg

Here's Ann Barnhardt, from her 2011 explanation of the Koran-burning stunt, on the Answering Muslims website. I'm worried that her gun clashes with her blouse.

Late to the game but I had totally forgotten about her! She make my head hurt.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic