IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 3: Rationality Is NOT in the Mix

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Their house looks like a huge money sink: mortgage, insurance, heating bill, property taxes, upkeep. 

Indeed, and it looks like someone has had a difficult time keeping the payments up. Zillow shows it's gone into bank foreclosure 3 times since 2017 and each time the auction block was averted by just days:

2/14/2018 Listing removed $345,462 +0.2% $72 Auction.com

1/18/2018 Listed for sale $344,715 -0.1% $72 Auction.com

10/6/2017 Listing removed $344,891 -- $72 Auction.com

9/20/2017 Listed for sale -- -- -- Auction.com

1/25/2017 Listing removed -- -- -- Auction.com

12/27/2016 Listed for sale -- -- -- Auction.com

Current fair market value shows it to be worth $495,096. They could sell it off and use the equity (if there is any) to buy something more within their means. But something tells me that would never be acceptable to Lisa. Whatever Spanky's nest egg situation is/was it'll eventually be depleted, if it hasn't already. Welcome to the economic realities of middle class America. Given Spanky's job prospects it's likely to be more like lower-middle class for the Sprouls.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

So Spanky and Lisa are going to teach others how to "blend families"? Really? 

Lets start making book on the topics. 

Roman Numeral I: The Non-Apparent Parent

Subtopic A:  Children’s Grief

— “We’ll Have No More Of That, Young Lady/Man”

— “How Much Grief Is Too Much Grief? We’ll Let You Know.”

Roman Numeral II: Social Dis-Ease

Subtopic A: Children’s Life Events

— “Children’s Weddings: It Really IS All About Us.”  (“Perfecting Your Pout By Boycotting Their Nuptials”)

Subtopic B: Mental Dis-Ease (Theirs, Not Ours)

— “It’s All In Their Heads: Getting The Most Bang For The Buck From Social Media Ridicule Of Alleged Depression, Etc.”

———-

Just one breakout session? The King & Queen have an entire daylong seminar of their own, if they’ll but apply themselves! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 6

58 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

So Spanky and Lisa are going to teach others how to "blend families"? Really? 

That pegged my Irony Meter deep in the red zone.

Please note how many of these words are about building walls against perceived intrusion:  blending families, providing tools to protect the marriage covenant, safeguard the home & create boundaries.

I wonder if they will discuss the basic steps to follow to alienate grown step children. 

Spanky is recycling of the old patriarchal VF "family centered" bullshit while adding a few twists as a sop to Lisa's ego. 

• Upvote 15

Haven't they been married all of two years? Sit your newlywed asses down, Sprouls. 

And that's putting aside all of the marriage drama. And it's a LOT of drama. I'd say boycotting children's weddings, struggles over ownership of deceased spouse's Facebook pages, and having public social media family fights with estranged adult children aren't exactly signs of a smooth blending of families. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I imagine it’s physically painful for Junior to live without an outlet for commanding people to be more like him.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Spanky is recycling of the old patriarchal VF "family centered"

Because that worked so well...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I imagine it’s physically painful for Junior to live without an outlet for commanding people to be more like him.

I think you hit the nail on the head. :worship:

In other news, Spanky's daughter-in-law, Hannah (Campbell's wife), designed the set for a Whitesnake video:

In other, other news, Whitesnake are still alive. :dance:

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I don’t know from Whitesnake but I LOVE behind-.the-scenes and the-making-of videos and photo essays!!!  Yay, Hannah!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. :worship:

In other news, Spanky's daughter-in-law, Hannah (Campbell's wife), designed the set for a Whitesnake video:

In other, other news, Whitesnake are still alive. :dance:

She's a badass...that's so awesome! Go, Hannah!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I only know Whitesnake exists because Lois Lane on Smallville was a fan.

I wonder what this couple have to say about how to blend a family.

"Step 1: find a clean cocktail glass"

• Haha 9

Whoever would have thought Whitesnake and the Sproul family would be connected so closely?
That’s one degree of separation.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, bea said:

Whoever would have thought Whitesnake and the Sproul family would be connected so closely?
That’s one degree of separation.

Even better, who would have thought that Alice Cooper and the Sproul family would be connected so closely?

R.C. Sproul and Alice Cooper: the Friendship of a Pastor and Metalhead

The R.C. Sproul - Alice Cooper - Van Halen - axis

The old man could at times be rather cool, unlike his never-cool son.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Managing Infamy 101: 

Dr. Sproul concludes with a discussion on “Fame Management” where he shares his experience and struggles regarding managing fame for God’s glory. 

ReSermon Institute

Outside Christian circles the name RC Sproul Jr is completely unknown. Even within Christian circles the name RC Sproul Jr is known only to the Reformed. This isn't the case with RC Sproul who is widely known and highly respected not just by Reformed but Christians in general. So given Sproul Jr's lack of fame what is this "infamy" he speaks of? RC Jr's only real fame is that he's the son of the famous RC Sproul. He very cunningly changed his name to "RC Sproul Jr" at a young age, and he's been riding daddy's coattails ever since. He's made bank off daddy's name, but the name is all he ever had going for him. He never possessed his father's intellect, work ethic, humility or morals.

RC Sproul managed his well-earned fame with humility and grace. RC Jr? An arrogant self-important spoiled little brat who thinks himself famous. Get a clue Spanky! Haven't you googled your name in the last few years to find out what you're famous for? Umm yeah, you're "famous" sort of, but not for anything that would make your family proud.

And as for "managing fame for God’s glory" you've got to be kidding! RC Jr is a total disgrace. He's brought nothing but shame and embarrassment to his family, friends, and the God he claims to serve.

Edited by Destiny
Removed formatting making it hard to read on Spectrum
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 3

Have we seen this Deadspin article about Spanky yet? This person, who claims to be Lisa's daughter, shares it on Facebook and alleges abuse (it is a public post): 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

One of the pictures on RC and Lisa's FB page is also on Sarah Michelle Kelley's FB page. 

now to see if the golden counselors take that pic down. If what Sarah wrote is true, well then, what the actual fuck, RD and Lisa?

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Have we seen this Deadspin article about Spanky yet? This person, who claims to be Lisa's daughter, shares it on Facebook and alleges abuse (it is a public post): 

So much worse than I could possibly have imagined.  Those poor boys. I wonder if Lisa's daughter has been in touch with Spanky's older kids? 

Their dad got a dui a few years back with them In the car, scared for their life, after he took my moms pain meds from a tummy tuck, and blew a .175

This is implying that Precious also has an opioid addiction or will simply do anything to get high (or both), so even more concerning.  If he's been into pills AND alcohol, I truly doubt that he's staying straight, clean and sober. 

Also, isn't Lisa's current ex in prison for peddling pills? 

AND, how could Lisa afford a tummy tuck?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

Oh I love some Sproul dramas......

And as it seems Darby is reading here again - are you still yelling and singing at women while they try to access medical care or are you too busy with your little boys and your online business? Do you have a deeper understanding of the importance of reproductive choice now you’ve experienced a few pregnancies and know how all consuming and life altering they can be? Do you think a smug sheltered virgin should be allowed to dictate you and your husbands family planning? 

I know the general opinion here is that Darby has handled the Spanky/Lisa dramas with grace and dignity, and I agree that she has. I just want to see if that newfound maturity extends to other areas of her life, now she realises life isn’t quite as black and white as she was led to believe.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

I think it is time to give Darby a break.  She was a child then and living the way she was taught and expected to.  Many of us did or believed cringworthy things in our teens.  As an adult she seems to be a good mom, a smart business woman.  

• I Agree 1

Just now, butterfly girl said:

I think it is time to give Darby a break.  She was a child then and living the way she was taught and expected to.  Many of us did or believed cringworthy things in our teens.  As an adult she seems to be a good mom, a smart business woman.  

I’ll give her a break for harrassing women at an extremely vulnerable point in their lives when she apologises for it. She was determined that she knew better than everyone then - if she realises now that she didn’t she can admit it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Re: Sarah Michelle Kelley

There is a Sarah Kelley listed as a granddaughter in the obituary for Lisa's father https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hamilton/obituary.aspx?n=stephen-charles-bertram&pid=181335425&fhid=17554

Re: Tummy Tuck

My bet is Spanky paid for it. The DUI was just after their wedding, if she still had pain meds around, I'm guessing the surgery had been relatively recent.

Wasn't he still on the Ligonier/RBC  payroll until the DUI? (I know he was "suspended" after Ashley Madison, but I think that was only temporary, and with pay?)

I'm sure Lisa set her sights on Spanky because she saw a six figure salary, and figured that as RC Sproul's son, he was in for life, no matter his scandals. God knows it wasn't his looks, or personality.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic