IGNORED

Maxwell 28: You Can Leave Your Vest On!

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Someone (bless her!!) pointed me to the blog “When Cows & Kids Collide” where “Mel” reviews extremists’ books fabulously. She quotes Terifying Maxwell as writing and publishing that she really didn’t want to be her children’s homeschool teacher, but to be their loving mommy.  

Its really an almost-hearttending quote until you remember it’s by Terifying.

Anyway, it gave me new perspective on Teri beginning her birthday eulogy to her eldest daughter by saying, “you thought you’d be a homeschooling mom and that hasn’t happened.”  Now, instead of it sounding entirely like a “sucks to be you!” taunt, it also has an element of, “So you’ve never had sex or been Queen Of Reproduction For A Day — do you realize how lucky you’ve been to be able to wash your hair every day and NOT resent the very existence of the children you love?”

The Steven Maxwell Family And Its Offshoots:  What a fustercluck. 

I think you give Teri far too much credit.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How so? I might have added that I think Teri is bitter and that I perceive that quality in her eulogy. 

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I didn't realise people could be so pedantic about pronoun capitalisation!

These are the Maxwells we're talking about.  They are surely going to be pedantic - rule following to the extreme.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, usedbicycle said:

Nooooo! Chelsy has joined the purple puffer-vest club too!

Do John and her also keep their house a chaste 55°? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 6.12.57 PM.png

I'm sure she got one along with the rest of the girls and it's a nice vest, so why not wear it? Personally I keep my heat at 68 and how warm or cold it feels to me depends on what I'm doing. If I'm up and about I'll probably be in jammie pants and a tank top. But if I'm just chilling on the couch I'll grab a sweater and blanket.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:31 PM, Lisafer said:

The second I know somebody's taking a picture of me, my face freezes into a grin like the rictus of a dead squirrel. I can't help it. :my_biggrin:

Me too! It's like that episode of Friends where Chandler is trying to learn how to smile for the camera. Lol

On 1/19/2019 at 6:04 AM, danvillebelle said:

That post just confirms my long suspicion that Teri's problems don't start or end with depression/mental illness...she's a stone-cold BITCH.

Agree. I think it's her way of dealing with having allowed Steve to steal her dreams and trap her in that house doing his bidding.

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Methinks the dumbass had her fixed then tried to breed her.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. I know it's super insulting but I desperately want to ask Sarah if she knows how puppies are made. Because honestly I think it's about 50/50.

Wow, what a terrible birthday post. Man, I wish Sarah would wake up one day and wonder "what if..." and just - do what she wants. Screw the schedule. Go get coffee. Go to a non-Christian book store, pick up a random magazine, and read it. Walk into that strange shop with the incense floating out the door that dad is terrified of. Or maybe go to a Christian book store and listen to a contemporary Christian praise song or two, complete with guitars and drums. Go to the library and use the non-dad-filtered internet to look up the answers to those random questions she's been afraid to ask her parents. Speak to people who are different than her, and listen to what they have to say. Go to a writer's meet-up, take a class, wander through a festival without passing out tracts.

It's pretty sad that she'll probably never think to do any of those things. Her life has been the same for years, and will remain the same, and she just goes with it because dad says so. I'd love to sit with her for a few minutes alone and tell her that God works through people, he told Christians to go out into the world, and you can ask questions and have FUN doing secular things, and those are not sins!

I'm betting that there HAVE been potential suitors for her, especially earlier on when they were more active doing conferences and such. But since all emails come through their parents, she likely never heard anything about any of them. Teri is useless, Steve is too tight to pay a housekeeper, and traditionally the bride's family pays for most of the wedding. None of the girls get married, that saves Steve money. They all stay home and are slaves to the almighty schedule, and he doesn't need a housekeeper to make up for what Teri can't handle. Sarah's books bring in a bit of money to help the household. He and Teri aren't getting younger, but with stay-at-home daughters they won't have to pay for a nursing home, most likely. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if around the time Sarah started getting interested looks from young men, Steve sat down and did the math and decided it was cheaper to feed the girls bean burritos the rest of their lives than to pay for weddings and lose the free labor.

Apparently Samaritan Ministries did a “member spotlight” on the Maxwells. Nothing particularly of note in the article, apart from the fact that Stevie got laid off for “refusing to participate in corporate espionage”. Hmm...

(New Tits2 post)

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Apparently Samaritan Ministries did a “member spotlight” on the Maxwells. Nothing particularly of note in the article, apart from the fact that Stevie got laid off for “refusing to participate in corporate espionage”. Hmm...

(New Tits2 post)

Oh sure, I definitely believe that. I just gave myself a headache from rolling my eyes too hard.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've always thought Steve the most compassionate and parental of the two.  How heartbreaking.

I can’t believe I am about to say something positive about Steve.  Ugh, this hurts. While he definitely is controlling and crazy and I’m sure some level of toxic, he seems to genuinely enjoy spending time with his kids and always has.

blech.  That was gross,  

They met in a chemistry class. I don’t think Teri’s major was ever specified before. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

(New Tits2 post)

That’s a pretty serious allegation about a powerful company that has a lot of top secret security clearances for government contracts.

Not something I’d say just to avoid admiting I was afraid of people with different genitals than myself.

I’m guessing Terie’s horrible birthday post to Sarah could be a rude public response to Sarah telling her parents she’s sad that her life is no different from when she was a teenager. 

Maybe Terie’s  way of embarrassing her and making her not question it again. At least not vocally to Steve and Terie. 

Just my assumption though.

and it’s most likely due to taking pics in the snow/sun combo, but Sarah looks like she’s in pain in those pics. They could have chosen some better ones. 

@Alisamer Steve and Teri may be counting on their kids to help them in their old age, but what happens when Steve can no longer bathe and toilet himself? Are his virginal daughters going to be able to cope with wiping his ass and seeing his penis? I know he talks about his balls all the time, but actually having to put Desitin on there before helping him pull up his Depends is a whole new level.

5 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

@Alisamer Steve and Teri may be counting on their kids to help them in their old age, but what happens when Steve can no longer bathe and toilet himself? Are his virginal daughters going to be able to cope with wiping his ass and seeing his penis? I know he talks about his balls all the time, but actually having to put Desitin on there before helping him pull up his Depends is a whole new level.

I just ate lunch.

Thanks ever so much for the mental image of Stevehova’s Desitin covered genitals.  I never wanted to have a sexual thought again, anyway.  :) 

WTF does it mean when they said the Lord told them that He’d take care of their pre-existing conditions?  Seriously, I need to know. I hate that about Fundies...they’re always saying things like that where they leave out the most important parts, like “And then a miracle happens!”, leaving us mere mortals to just figure it out for ourselves.  

And what is wrong with insurance?  They speak of it like they’re talking about some “distasteful” enterprise, like a tattoo parlor or head shop. 

And, finally, why is it that these fundie Christians are really among the most cruel people I know?  

I firmly believe that Steve will never allow his daughters to marry, because they might move farther than a block away.  The boys married and brought their wives into the Maxwell block compound.

If Sarah were to marry it's likely she'd move to where her husband lived .... therefore no longer under Stevehovah's thumb like the boys and their wives are.

Stevehovah will never, ever, never allow his total and absolute control to slip even the tiniest bit.

Note that I refer to the Maxwell sons as boys,  because they are.  No mater how old they are, they're still boys doing exactly what their father tells them, living exactly as Stevehovah decrees.  None of them have any agency of their own. And never will.

Oh... and Terified's birthday letter to Sarah is mean and shows in no uncertain terms what a nasty stone cold bitch she is.  I've always thought her depression and inability to cope with the children (even before the reversals) is because she never wanted children at all.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I just ate lunch.

Thanks ever so much for the mental image of Stevehova’s Desitin covered genitals.  I never wanted to have a sexual thought again, anyway.  :) 

If you ever need to go on a diet, just print out my comment and tape it to your fridge...

16 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've always thought her depression and inability to cope with the children (even before the reversals) is because she never wanted children at all.

I don’t believe that she never wanted children. However, I do believe that she was fine with only having the 3 kids they already had and didn’t want any more but Steve insisted on having more. 

12 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I don’t believe that she never wanted children. However, I do believe that she was fine with only having the 3 kids they already had and didn’t want any more but Steve insisted on having more. 

They practically admit that in old posts, don't they?

41 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

And what is wrong with insurance?  They speak of it like they’re talking about some “distasteful” enterprise, like a tattoo parlor or head shop. 

Maybe they consider it gambling? I think the Amish do, or at least some of them do. Technically it is - every year I feel like I'm placing bets with my health insurance. Should I pay in more money, but risk not using it all? Should I pay in less money, but then be screwed if I get sick? It's like rolling dice! Other types of insurance seem less shady to me, but the way health insurance companies actively try their best not to pay for anything... yeah. I also find them distasteful.

I don't find anything distasteful about a tattoo parlor, however. 

And I do find Steve's control-freak nature abusive and distasteful. Let your family have some freedom, Steve!

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I didn't realise people could be so pedantic about pronoun capitalisation!

Re @Coconut Flan‘s explanation of Who=God vs. who=humans: Back in the Pleistocene (1959), when I was a second grader in Godless Public School, we were taught by our spelling textbook to capitalize pronouns when referring to God. 

I can totally understand Teri finding three young children difficult, anyone would, even without depression. So what does Steve do? Tell Teri to homeschool, reverses his vasectomy, and gives Teri five MORE children. That is dickhead behaviour of the first degree. 

Just now, mango_fandango said:

I can totally understand Teri finding three young children difficult, anyone would, even without depression. So what does Steve do? Tell Teri to homeschool, reverses his vasectomy, and gives Teri five MORE children. That is dickhead behaviour of the first degree. 

Absolutely.  And at that point she should have put her foot down for the sake of the kids she already had, and herself, and said no.

I will never understand why people who are childfree by choice get any guff from anyone.   I think it’s wonderful when people who do not want kids don’t have them. 

My parents weren’t perfect by a long shot and fucked me up 9 ways to Sunday but I was wanted and I was loved and nothing I could have ever done would have changed that.

That goes a long way in the heart and mind of a kid.  Lifelong.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived