IGNORED

Maxwell 28: You Can Leave Your Vest On!

Coconut Flan

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: New Random Life Post

anyone want to take a wild guest who Sarah’s favorite nephew is. It’s great she has a special bond with one of them as it doesn’t appear she’s as into kids as Anna and Mary, but at some point the other kids are going pick up on it if they haven’t already. 

Sarah and the remaining Reversals got to go eat with Gigi without the parents. I bet it was so much more relaxing. 

This just in: Steve changed the lightbulb outside the garage.

Also: 

A sweet perk of working at home allows one to grab some fresh air when needed. This sunset Ellie and I enjoyed was stunning!

During my entire career as a corporate lackey there was never a day when I couldn't step outside for a walk or to just enjoy the sun whenever I wanted (other than during a scheduled meeting, obv. except for once when I did just that)

And if I worked late I could see the sunsets from my private office. Take that, SAHDs.

Also, can someone please give Sarah a thesaurus! She uses the word "sweet"  three times in one post.

Finally, just to prove I can say something nice for a change, I'm really pleased to see that all the nieces and nephews on bikes are wearing helmets. And Nathan's kids are even wearing them properly. Chris's, not so much.

4 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Another post of Jesse casually holding a baby while interacting with another small child. Ladies - future husband/father available!!

I think the Maxwell’s do advertise their children as godly spouses, however I personally think Jesse will find a mate through Chelsy. I think Chelsy knows a lot of people and unmarried fundie gals in particular. She attracts them like poorly painted black cats attract Pepe Le Pew. She has remarked on their many house guests throughout 2018. She is his best way to meet new fundie girls that could become the future Mrs. Jesse Maxwell. 

That caption to the sunset photo is so badly worded.  Yes, Sarah, a lot of people--maybe even most--get to see the sunset because depending on latitude/time of year they're finished work by sunset.  I myself, a woman just 3 years older than Sarah get to see the sunset as I go home from my job (which also provides me opportunities to step outside during the day, even to go to the farmers' market across the street on certain days!).  Or I get to see it while doing whatever the hell I want from my apartment where I live blissfully alone, except for my cat.

Also I'm not sure I could have lived without knowing that Stevehova had a nice day to replace the lightbulbs in the garage lights.  Never a full moment in Maxhell!

A few random thoughts about random Maxwell life.

The image of Mary teaching Bethany "some things" about painting irks me.  Can Sarah not write a more detailed sentence? How about "Bethany really enjoyed being introduced to watercolour technique" - or whatever she was doing.  And once again a Maxwell appears to be wearing outdoor clothing indoors.

And at the risk of being expelled from FJ, I have to admit that I admire the Maxwell's attempt to gather the family weekly.  While I obviously don't agree with the extreme sheltering and the idea that family should be your entire social world, I do think that their weekly lunch is a nice idea.  As I child I would have enjoyed spending regular time with my cousins.  And as a mom I would have enjoyed a regularly scheduled family gathering.  Perhaps not weekly, but the idea of making time together a priority is nice.

IMG_8697.jpg

8 minutes ago, knitwit said:

That caption to the sunset photo is so badly worded.  Yes, Sarah, a lot of people--maybe even most--get to see the sunset because depending on latitude/time of year they're finished work by sunset. 

I think I'm close in age to Sarah? (IDK though.) And I see the sunset a few times a year. It's not because I work. It's because I live on the 69th parallel. (And let me tell you, it's spectacular in the fall, over cook inlet.) 

Had Sarah wanted to be less bitchy, she could have said "Ellie and I went to get some fresh air and caught this sunset! I love the way that the light floods this park and turns everything these amazing shades of orange and pink. God is great!" (or whatever.) But no, it has to be a dig on working people. 

Sarah mentioning illnesses going around the Maxwell family makes me wonder if they vaccinate. Do we know if they are anti-vax?

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah mentioning illnesses going around the Maxwell family makes me wonder if they vaccinate. Do we know if they are anti-vax?

I don’t think they are anti-vax. I could be wrong though. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She attracts them like poorly painted black cats attract Pepe Le Pew.

I’m in love with this simile and will steal it forthwith!

I saw the sunset almost every day with my last job - my classroom windows face west, I couldn't miss the sun.

It was a pain in the ass, BTW. The sun was always getting in my eyes and making it hard to concentrate. Stupid sunset. 

13 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Can someone spoil the ending of "finding change" so we can speculate about the sequel?

The ending?  I can’t eveb figure out the actual plot (if any). 

6 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Had Sarah wanted to be less bitchy, she could have said "Ellie and I went to get some fresh air and caught this sunset! I love the way that the light floods this park and turns everything these amazing shades of orange and pink. God is great!" (or whatever.) But no, it has to be a dig on working people. 

Does she think we are chained to windowless cubicles in the basement of an office or something?!

Anyway, Maxwells, I'll see your Kansas sunset and raise you a Sedona, AZ sunset!  That I took while I was on *gasp!* vacation!  With my own money!  That I earned by working!  :pb_surprised:

sedona_sunset.jpg

2 hours ago, freejugar said:

Can someone spoil the ending of "finding change" so we can speculate about the sequel?

It's about a family that's hard up for cash and there's no food in the house, so they are digging under the sofa cushions and checking the pockets of seldom-worn coats, looking for enough loose change to buy bread and milk?

Sarah mentions colds, which you can’t really vaccinate against. 

Abby and Andrew both spent time in the NICU as newborns. I’m not sure if doctors particularly emphasise vaccinations for preemies because of their prematurity/being more prone to infection (as infants/toddlers at least). 

7 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Abby and Andrew both spent time in the NICU as newborns. I’m not sure if doctors particularly emphasise vaccinations for preemies because of their prematurity/being more prone to infection (as infants/toddlers at least). 

No, she said cold and flu. That’s what made me wonder. If they had gotten their flu shots this year.

44 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I'm pretty sure that premies get their vaccinations according to their adjusted age. It's the same schedule though.  Even my Katherine who had seizures got her vaccinations on schedule. 

Okay- I’m annoyed that in every photo - whatever couple that is pictured must be touching or hugging. Enough already... it’s kind of braggy

...yes,  you are a couple... and it seems like another, near constant, in your face, reminder that Sarah doesn’t have anyone. 

Poor Sarah- every family get together must be torture.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the Maxwell’s do advertise their children as godly spouses, however I personally think Jesse will find a mate through Chelsy. I think Chelsy knows a lot of people and unmarried fundie gals in particular. She attracts them like poorly painted black cats attract Pepe Le Pew. She has remarked on their many house guests throughout 2018. She is his best way to meet new fundie girls that could become the future Mrs. Jesse Maxwell. 

I wonder if Steve realizes this and is therefore scrambling to find Jesse someone who wears beige buttons on beige jumpers before Chelsy can find him some Jezebel who will be moved by Satan to wear knee-baring jean skirts and make salads without the mayonnaise layers of a proper Christian helpmeet.

ETA: Maybe we should call Maxhell helpmeets "helpbeans" since Steve can't taste the "-meet" anyway.

6 hours ago, Starrynight said:

Okay- I’m annoyed that in every photo - whatever couple that is pictured must be touching or hugging. Enough already... it’s kind of braggy

On the other hand, here we have a couple that's doing things right!

I'd actually like to know the story behind this photo!

image.jpeg

Y’all.  Can dogs SMELL well?!  Is that how she’s so amazingly good at finding her treat?!

I do love Ellie and think it’s cute they play that game, but to say she’s “amazingly good” when dogs clearly have a better sense of smell amuses me. 

NR Anna and Christopher’s insistence that their daughters leave their jean skirts over their snow pants is stupid. They could easily tuck the skirts into the snow pants and play outside. The way they do it, the girls would have to immediately strip off in the foyer as their jean skirts would be heavy, wet and snowy. Why go out of the way to create more laundry? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived