• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
formergothardite

Latest Gothard News

Depressed
formergothardite

Gothard recently took seven of the people who accused him to court claiming the lawsuit if frivolous and that they need to pay all his legal bills. The judge did not side with him, he is not getting his legal bills paid. Alfred wants everyone to know that Gothard isn't planning to give up. He has plenty of spare time on his hands and is plotting revenge wanting the people to be responsible for their actions. 

On January 10, 2019 arguments were heard in the 18th Circuit Court of Illinois regarding several motions filed by Bill against the plaintiffs in the lawsuits against him that were dismissed a year ago.  He asked for sanctions against 7 of the original 17 plaintiffs to get back some of the attorney expenses incurred, also against their legal firm for allowing a “frivolous lawsuit” to be filed.  In addition and in response the plaintiffs had filed a motion for a protective order against Bill, his lawyers, members of Discovering Grace and others that had been helping with Bill’s defense.

He denied all requests to sanction the plaintiffs or their law firm.  The matter considered here was whether a reasonable, professional attorney would even file these charges, not whether the charges were true.  He concluded that the attorneys for the plaintiffs had not been professionally negligent, and that although never progressing to the point of determining truthfulness, the lawsuit filing was not “frivolous”.

Obviously we disagree with the “frivolous” aspect.  There is much debriefing going on and we filed this before hearing all of the defense team analysis.  They will be pouring over the transcript of this very long day.  We would not be surprised to see some formal legal reaction given a number of unusual aspects.  

Practically . . . He is 83, still vigorous, planning to live to 120, but . . . 83. His entire network of friends and donors and ministry has been savaged. Most folks would retire to live with their kids and grandkids and go fishing and travel the world before dying. Bill is not “most folks” and has no other life to return to. His life was IBLP. His ability to spin up a new ministry is forever affected and tainted by these very public allegations. He has no kids, he has already travelled the world, and he has no intention of dying any time soon. SO . . . He has LOTS of time to focus on this problem. The plaintiffs expected that he would just take their “Nevermind” and leave them alone when they dropped the suit, stunning even the judge (we were in court that day). He wants more. He wants them to stand and assume responsibility for what they did and fix it. And he has, at this time, lots of time and energy to pursue it.

All being interpreted – if you think this is the last you will hear of Bill and these matters, you are likely mistaken.

http://www.discoveringgrace.com/2019/01/11/court-hearing-on-sanctions-and-protective-order-motions/

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 22

Unimpressed
Palimpsest

Alfred is as delusional as Gothard.

That is all.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

Howl

He's "vigorous" with lots of time and "energy."  Why does reading those words relative to Gothard make my skin crawl?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

nickelodeon

Impressed by Alfred's ability to look on the bright side of life. Gothard is spending the last few years of his life bitter, miserable, completely alone, reviled by the people he exploited and abused... which gives him LOTS of time to file lawsuits! Yay!

Howl
28 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Gothard is spending the last few years of his life bitter, miserable

So his life's work of telling people that if they followed his exact recipe, never holding a grudge, always keeping a happy countenance, they'd be blessed by God, isn't working so well for him.  Also, he's in the position he created for so many women.  He told women to stay at home, honor the husband, and when it all blew up, those women had no skills or means of support for themselves and their bazillionty kids.  Now he has no means of support and he doesn't like it too much.  The irony. 

CaricatureQualities

"His life was IBLP. His ability to spin up a new ministry is forever affected and tainted by these very public allegations."

Yeah, I think that was the point. I'm glad to hear Bill and his remaining entourage are having a hard time "spinning up" a new web of shit to trap followers and take their money ministry.

Also, does Alfred think that describing Bill as someone with no life, no interests or hobbies and no family who is now singularly obsessed with getting back at/ making others accept blame and fix/pay for his problems makes Bill look good? Or like someone who should run a ministry?

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 33
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Leftitinmysnood
2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Impressed by Alfred's ability to look on the bright side of life. Gothard is spending the last few years of his life bitter, miserable, completely alone, reviled by the people he exploited and abused... which gives him LOTS of time to file lawsuits! Yay!

Thanks for the Monty Python earworm! 

RosyDaisy

Fuck off, Alfred!

Who is this Alfred anyway? Who is he besides the person behind the Discovering Grace website?

Unimpressed
CyborgKin

Can you imagine Gothard continuing to be just as Gothard as ever for the next thirty years?

Mercy!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

Depressed
formergothardite
8 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Who is this Alfred anyway? Who is he besides the person behind the Discovering Grace website?

He is a long time IBLP/ATI father and seems to be the last devoted follower of Gothard. 

I can't find it again but in one of the comments Alfred said Gothard is trying to start another online "college" like Embassy. 

Gothard is stuck with no money, no adoring crowds, and there will be no new ministry for him. He is going to spend the rest of his days rage sulking and plotting a revenge he will never be able to carry out. 

HerNameIsBuffy
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gothard is stuck with no money, no adoring crowds, and there will be no new ministry for him. He is going to spend the rest of his days rage sulking and plotting a revenge he will never be able to carry out.

the final fall of Gothard can't happen soon enough.

which other charlatan ministry do you think his current employees will flock to?  I honestly can't see David Waller making a living to support his family in the secular word.

Mischievous
nelliebelle1197

Why does ol' Al not just adopt Bill and take care of him? It's the next logical step unless he plans to gay marry him.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Depressed
formergothardite

I have a feeling Alfred doesn't want to pay Bill's $200,000 legal fees either! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

refugee

I have long had the impression that Alfred fancies himself “Elisha” to Gothard’s “Elijah”.

Edited by refugee
Perils of phone typing

RosyDaisy

The final fall of Gothard won't be until he dies. However, he thinks of himself like Lazarus.

Unimpressed
Palimpsest
5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

the final fall of Gothard can't happen soon enough.

which other charlatan ministry do you think his current employees will flock to?  I honestly can't see David Waller making a living to support his family in the secular word.

@HerNameIsBuffy, you have been gone a long time.   Gothard is done.  Stick a fork in him.  BG is gone from IBLP and reduced to selling stuff, or trying to sell stuff, on his personal web page.   Even his manly prayer groups seemed to go nowhere.

Unfortunately IBLP is not done.  There's still enough money there to keep true believers like Pecan Waller employed for life.

IBLP has been taken over by the rebel BoD members -  Gil Bates and Stephen Paine.  They hired Tim Levendusky as President and added a single rubber stamp, whose name I forget, to the board.

There was a glorious moment last year when BG tried to attend Big Sandy and they called the police to remove him from the campus for trespassing.

Alfred's version here: http://www.discoveringgrace.com/2018/04/29/bill-gothard-went-down-to-texas/

Our thread here: 

Depressed
formergothardite

Alfred keeps complaining that the BoD won't let him see the packet of information that is the results private investigation into Gothard. Alfred claims they won't show it because Gothard is innocent. I suspect it is because it shows he is guilty of things not currently known and implicates the BoD is covering shit up. From what I can tell no one outside the BoD was allowed to see the results of the investigation. 

CaricatureQualities

It's true, Bill will never stop while alive because how could he? What else does he possible know of life after decades of success with the long con he pulled out of his own ass. Heck it was the family business that he saved from his brother. How long has he been used to being treated like an emperor? Imagine the degree of control over people and situations you would get accustomed to. And then to have the BoD shut him out and to have his new attempts at "ministry" fail and to have his lawsuits dismissed....just being told "NO"  every time he attempts something and expects to have his way. I can't imagine he knows what the word means anymore when directed at him. I don't believe any of this is making it's way through Bill's skull in the least. 

I wonder...if the IBLP were to collapse now...how would BG feel about that? Since he can't have it anymore would he rather no one had it? I mean if it was truly for God and the people and his life's work of being a God whisperer because the followers truly needed it was sincere...wouldn't they still need it in the form of the existing IBLP sans Gothard as it is still largely based on all his teachings? I wonder does he want it to fall under because I really don't think he likes it existing without him. However, like I said I don't think the reality of this is getting through his skull to his brain so he probably still believes he will get back in.

Depressed
formergothardite

I think he still really thinks he can get it back and return to his glory days. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

refugee
22 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I wonder...if the IBLP were to collapse now...how would BG feel about that? Since he can't have it anymore would he rather no one had it? I mean if it was truly for God and the people and his life's work of being a God whisperer because the followers truly needed it was sincere...wouldn't they still need it in the form of the existing IBLP sans Gothard as it is still largely based on all his teachings? I wonder does he want it to fall under because I really don't think he likes it existing without him. However, like I said I don't think the reality of this is getting through his skull to his brain so he probably still believes he will get back in.

Hah. Interesting question. I think he might have mixed feelings. Grieved at seeing his life’s work blow away, and satisfaction because he could frame it as god’s punishment of those who unrighteously stole the ministry from him and exiled him, the true prophet.

HerNameIsBuffy
4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@HerNameIsBuffy, you have been gone a long time.   Gothard is done.  Stick a fork in him.  BG is gone from IBLP and reduced to selling stuff, or trying to sell stuff, on his personal web page.   Even his manly prayer groups seemed to go nowhere.

Unfortunately IBLP is not done.  There's still enough money there to keep true believers like Pecan Waller employed for life.

IBLP has been taken over by the rebel BoD members -  Gil Bates and Stephen Paine.  They hired Tim Levendusky as President and added a single rubber stamp, whose name I forget, to the board.

There was a glorious moment last year when BG tried to attend Big Sandy and they called the police to remove him from the campus for trespassing.

Alfred's version here: http://www.discoveringgrace.com/2018/04/29/bill-gothard-went-down-to-texas/

Our thread here: 

Thank you - I had no idea that he was completely gone.  More rabbit holes.

Unimpressed
Palimpsest
6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think he still really thinks he can get it back and return to his glory days. 

Not a snowball's chance in Hell. 

On one comparatively recent BG thread some people felt actually sorry for BG, the old monster.

I do not.  

Gil, Steve, and Tim have control of the $$$ now.  One day you are in; the next you are out.  I'm sure Pecan is plotting to oust them in good time.  He is ambitious and will push to the top of the heap.

I won't feel sorry for them either.

VelociRapture

I think I strained my eyes rolling them as hard as I just did. That may just be the biggest, most steaming pile of bullshit I’ve had the pleasure of reading. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Not a snowball's chance in Hell. 

On one comparatively recent BG thread some people felt actually sorry for BG, the old monster.

I do not.  

Gil, Steve, and Tim have control of the $$$ now.  One day you are in; the next you are out.  I'm sure Pecan is plotting to oust them in good time.  He is ambitious and will push to the top of the heap.

I won't feel sorry for them either.

Wait. A thread on FJ?! 

16strong

I'll be honest. I wouldn't mind if Gothard realized that his mission to retake the reigns of iblp is completely futile, and dropped the religiosity to show his true narcissist colors instead. Considering the fact that all involved are vicious, predatory sharks, Gothard digging the Paine and Bates skeletons out of the closet would make for some interesting viewing. An "if I can't have it, nobody can" moment.

meee

Is there a summary somewhere? I have no idea what happened with Gothard, except I think the Bateses are carefully crafting answers that say they don't follow him (even while they still follow his teachings)? Is he the skirts-only-curly-hair-quiverfull-SAHM guy that the Duggars, Bateses, Maxwells follow? Who else here follows him? I knew vaguely from this site that he's "fallen" from his previous glory days, but I have no idea what happened.