IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

Our wood table has a glass top. I love that we can see our beautiful wood table but don't have to worry ruining it and cleanup is pretty easy. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

55275802-EC59-4DC4-A887-9A00F550591F.thumb.png.08f1d790b248cf95d859d0296765e5bd.png

The mustard dress is back!!! 

That’s interesting that Laura, who lives with the Duggar’s (right?) is “allowed” to wear pants when out and about. I wonder if she follows whatever guidelines Jana follows when at the TTH ? I know the spiel, pants aren’t that big a deal, the Duggar’s hang out with many, many pant wearing friends and family —- but it got me wondering what sort of rules - if any- they have for grown  non-kidults who live with them. 

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s interesting that Laura, who lives with the Duggar’s (right?) is “allowed” to wear pants when out and about. I wonder if she follows whatever guidelines Jana follows when at the TTH ? I know the spiel, pants aren’t that big a deal, the Duggar’s hang out with many, many pant wearing friends and family —- but it got me wondering what sort of rules - if any- they have for grown  non-kidults who live with them. 

She stated in her ig pic from Jan 15 (in a comment) that her main residence is in Indianapolis. The reason she travels so much is because her job allows her to. 

She does spend a lot of time with the Duggar and I’ve noticed she mostly wears skirts around them, and pants when she’s back home (based on her ig)

I honestly think she does it out of respect, and not because JB and M are making her. 

A few posters have mentioned that Laura probably wears pants out of respect for the well-known rules of the Duggar household, but I wonder how that would come about. She could just know their stance, the same way we all do, and choose to wear skirts to avoid any awkwardness. But I also wonder if there was a specific discussion that was less along the lines of "Thou shalt not wear pants in the TTH" and more along the lines of "Modesty is very important in our family, and in raising young boys, we really try to help their minds stay pure by adhering to certain standards at all times. Please keep that in mind when packing for your visit!" or something way more casual.

It would be really interesting to know what kind of rules/suggestions are communicated to any guests, or if they don't even feel the need to say anything because anyone who is invited over is probably already in the fold and familiar with their standards. 

I would venture to say a discussion has likely never been had with Laura about what she should wear when at their house. I think she wears skirts out of respect, because you'd basically have to be living under a rock (or totally stupid) to not know how the Duggars feel about modesty and clothing. I always think about Amy, who regularly wore pants when at their house or out on trips and such. I honestly don't think their skirts have anything to do with modesty, and more about how they feel skirts are feminine and gosh forbid any of the girls do anything that isn't completely "girly". 

16 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

It would be really interesting to know what kind of rules/suggestions are communicated to any guests, or if they don't even feel the need to say anything because anyone who is invited over is probably already in the fold and familiar with their standards. 

None any of the times i’ve been there. I honestly don’t think they care what a guest wears, as long as it’s not showing too much skin, lol. I do make sure to be respectful in the way i dress (meaning i may choose to wear leggings instead of shorts, or pick a shirt that has minimal cleavage, etc.). 

I mean if you are a guest in someone's house, you kind of take their lead. If you know that they don't like shoes in the house, you won't wear your shoes in the house. So knowing how the Duggars feel about modesty, you'd probably be more modest. 

21 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

She stated in her ig pic from Jan 15 (in a comment) that her main residence is in Indianapolis.

Oh no, I live in Indy! Let's hope the Duggars don't decide to start visiting her when she's here.

It's a sizable city but I work right around a lot of the more touristy spots and I often walk around for my lunch break, I would not be prepared to come face-to-face with a Duggar. :angry-nono:

Late to the party,  but @Chickenbutt, your drawn work is beautiful. 

I run a SOTDRT here, no table cloth. Our table came unfinished and Mr. Snood varnished it himself and redoes it periodically. I tried placemats for a while, but they just trapped moisture against the wood.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:01 PM, singsingsing said:

THANK YOU. And I'd like to chime in that this was the case even in the early modern period and the middle ages. Most people were not getting married in their early-mid teens. Full stop...

@singsingsing, posts and thread drifts like this are why you and @Georgiana are some of my favorite FreeJingerites. Thank you!

Also really enjoyed everyone's HP thoughts and theories.

It all makes me feel less guilty about reading FJ this morning instead of looking for a new job. :)

Carry on. ❤️

~Sis scoutsadie

On 1/10/2019 at 2:06 AM, Inis Mona said:

I think Jill will be extremely jealous if Jessa has a girl and will probably have a meltdown at that point... she’s already starting to become a bit fundie lit, and I think the reason why she and Derick quit was so she could no be a brand for their crazier beliefs. 

I feel bad for Jill.

Same here, Christian fundie mindsets are truly weird and it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

On 1/23/2019 at 11:47 AM, JesSky03 said:

Our wood table has a glass top. I love that we can see our beautiful wood table but don't have to worry ruining it and cleanup is pretty easy. 

We did that, but I got sick of trying to keep the glass clean with kids and then when I removed the glass top, the wood underneath was a totally weird green tint. Oops :(

Just have to jump in here on the glass tables. I was never a fan of them, mostly from being yelled at as a child for getting fingerprints on them, but my cousin's wife shared a memory post thing on FB last week that fit this conversation. It was about missing the beautiful glass dining table they had. The story went that in the middle the night they heard a horrible crashing sound and bolted downstairs fearing one of the children (roughly 2 and 4 years old at the time) had hurt themselves or someone was breaking in. No, what they found? An over excited dog in the middle of the night misjudged where the table was and managed to some how jump at/on/under (I forgot now) the table so the entire top crashed onto the floor. Thankfully the doggy was totally ok, just a bit frightened. The photo of the aftermath was amazing, it looked a bit like the good ice at sonic. The kicker in her memory post? She wants another one just like it. Personally I would be terrified of that happening again. I had no idea those tops were not totally secured to the stem. I will stick to wood now.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, coffeebean7 said:

We did that, but I got sick of trying to keep the glass clean with kids and then when I removed the glass top, the wood underneath was a totally weird green tint. Oops :(

Our table is very old (I can't quite remember but something like 75 years old) so its got some discoloration and wear. It has a hidden leaf that folds up but it obviously never got used because the wood on the leaf is in perfect condition and a very rich beautiful color. The glass part doesn't fit over the leaf so we never use it either and its just us two and the baby so no need for a big table right now anyway. Someday my husband would like to refinish it so maybe once we have a bigger house we can ditch the glass and expand the table. 

21 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Just have to jump in here on the glass tables. I was never a fan of them, mostly from being yelled at as a child for getting fingerprints on them, but my cousin's wife shared a memory post thing on FB last week that fit this conversation. It was about missing the beautiful glass dining table they had. The story went that in the middle the night they heard a horrible crashing sound and bolted downstairs fearing one of the children (roughly 2 and 4 years old at the time) had hurt themselves or someone was breaking in. No, what they found? An over excited dog in the middle of the night misjudged where the table was and managed to some how jump at/on/under (I forgot now) the table so the entire top crashed onto the floor. Thankfully the doggy was totally ok, just a bit frightened. The photo of the aftermath was amazing, it looked a bit like the good ice at sonic. The kicker in her memory post? She wants another one just like it. Personally I would be terrified of that happening again. I had no idea those tops were not totally secured to the stem. I will stick to wood now.

Eek that is scary! Our glass piece is pretty thick and heavy- I would be shocked if someone managed to tip it over hard enough for it to shatter everywhere. But yeah it does just lay on top of the table- its not secured in anyway but ours never even budges from normal use of us eating on it or my son kicking it from his highchair. 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

How can you tell that it resembles ANYONE? :pb_lol: it's just a shape to me. 

Looks like an alien, just like most ultrasounds and newborns! A cute alien, to be sure.

Before the kid is about 2 or so, the resemblance has to be super obvious or me to notice they look like anyone specifically.

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

I'd guess boy based on that photo. More similar to Spurgeon's face/head shape than Henry's.

But both Spurgeon and Henry are boys, so that logic doesn't make sense, lol. 

My friend has a boy and a girl, and their ultrasound pictures are identical, their newborn photos are identical, and even their toddler pictures are eerily similar. (They're about 3 years apart)

How many weeks is she now? Does this mean they know the sex of the baby and are waiting to makea speshul announcement?

16 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

How many weeks is she now? Does this mean they know the sex of the baby and are waiting to makea speshul announcement?

She will probably keep it a secret like she did with the last two, but I am sure they know the sex by now. Don’t they only get ultrasounds for that reason? 

2 hours ago, viii said:

But both Spurgeon and Henry are boys, so that logic doesn't make sense, lol. 

My friend has a boy and a girl, and their ultrasound pictures are identical, their newborn photos are identical, and even their toddler pictures are eerily similar. (They're about 3 years apart)

What “logic”? I said the head shape looked more like 1 than 2 in the photos. My guess was boy because they just looked similar.

My son and daughter looked very different in ultrasound in terms of shape of head and look totally different as children. It’s all just anecdotes.

See, I think toddler Spurge & Henry look similar in profile, still lol. It's when you look them head-on that you can tell Spurgeon has more of a heart-shaped face & Jessa's lip shape but Henry looks like he has Ben's smile more. I'm still guessing boy for baby Threewald!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived