IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

@Rowan thanks! I'm doing my best to enjoy a break from the treatment grind as we continue saving up, so I joined the group in the fall after our last IUI and then realized I wanted as full of a break from thinking about it as possible :) 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that 'we' are making some assumptions about Jill that might be totally off.  I've known several women who originally wanted big families who changed their minds after their first one or two kids... it's entirely possible that Jill is totally fine with just the 2 she has.  Or that she does want more but not yet.  

4 hours ago, FrozenSmile said:

That means she was pregnant at JD & Abbie’s wedding, which explains a few things in my mind, lol.  As soon as i saw the strategic bag pic last night i knew an announcement would be coming soon. I just didn’t know if it would be Jessa or Jinger. Is the fact that Jinger holding a bag in front of her supposed to be a hint that she’s expecting, too? Felicity’s old enough that it’s a possibility. 

now you are going to make watch that wedding aren't you.....

From what I have seen, Jessa and Ben seem to be loving, involved parents and I am hopeful they will be that way for the thrid child. Congratulations to them. 

( That said, my first thought was Oh crap reading the news she's expecting. My mother always said the thrid child ( me ) was harder than the first two kids, or the last two kids. )

Here's the thing about Harry and Snape: they're very similar. Snape, Voldemort, and Harry each represent an aspect of the Three Brothers (Voldy being the worst/elder wand bro, Harry being the best/wise one, and Snape being the middle ground/ resurrection stone bro). They are all very similar--orphans or neglected by caretakers (or in Harry's case both), halfbloods, muggle backgrounds, dark haired, want to prove themselves, and brilliant wizards. Harry and Snape have  even more in common since they were both bullied, verbally abused, and even had to wear too big clothing because their caretakers just couldn't give a fuck. They're also both deeply sarcastic. Hermione even says that the way harry talks about the dark arts is a lot like Snape. 

Harry hates Snape for a long time, for good reason. Snape is a dick. But after book 7, Harry finally realizes how similar they are. That's Snape's tragedy, really; he could've been a mentor to Lily's son but instead he let his own bitterness create more misery. I think Harry might recognize how he himself could've ended up like Snape if not for his own friends, support system, and resilience. 

So Harry decides to break the cycle of bitterness. He forgives Snape. He recognizes Snape's bravery and sacrifice (which is huge. There was a time where harry refused to see any positive traits in the people he disliked), and moves on, likely not because of Snape, but for his own growth. 

He names Al that to show his own forgiveness, to show that he can recognize true bravery even in flawed jerks. He likely names him for the part of Snape he recognizes in himself, for the little boy who had to wear women's clothing and taught his mom about magic, for his mom's best friend, and for the person he could have been if he hadn't screwed up so badly. 

I don't know, I think there's something beautiful and poetic about it. It shows how far Harry has come as a person. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So its time for a Duggar house shuffle--Jessa and Ben are going to be busting out of that 2-bedroom, 1-bath they have now. They need to move up and a newlywed couple gets their house.

Either that, or the various Duggar guys come over and tack on an addition.

a very special duggar episode of jed hurting his fingers in the saw. 

1 hour ago, Edhelfin said:

What is there to praise?

I was thinking that the animated gif of Ron Paul waving his arms around with a laser light show and writing "praise" to deified roadkill was sufficient proof that the post was tongue-in-cheek. 

14 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I agree that 'we' are making some assumptions about Jill that might be totally off.  I've known several women who originally wanted big families who changed their minds after their first one or two kids... it's entirely possible that Jill is totally fine with just the 2 she has.  Or that she does want more but not yet.  

Jill already has 3 children if you count her man child husband. 

20 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

We need Cathy Dillard's "there are a lot of assumptions being made here..."

10 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Continued from here:

Jessa is supportive of cousin Amy’s new boutique, still appears relatable on Instagram, and was pictured *gasp* holding a shopping bag OVER HER STOMACH. So she must be pregnant. That is literally the only possible explanation. 

ETA: Ugh. So much for sarcasm. She actually is pregnant. 

Thanks to @Yaoichan12 for the announcement: https://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-seewald-pregnant-third-child/

Wishing Jessa an easy pregnancy, uncomplicated birth and a healthy baby, but FFS this damn show will never go off the air if they keep having them babies.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I haven’t been on GOMI in ages, but I did like their “worst baby names” thread for the WTF value. One of those names I’ll never forget is Mckbrynzley. That kid would be a toddler now. 

I’ve also come across some crazy names. The names of the kids from the TLC show Sweet Home Sextuplets have to be the worst, though. 

Sigh...my fucking aunt named her blonde-haired/blue-eyed kid Aryan. And, yes, she knew the connotations. 

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Why not? You must not remember or know about a show on back in the 80's called Newhart, The hilly billy brothers.  

daafb652b1c71379ac4d9968f2fee15b.jpg.7c48e8fada90108717342fa0b58e6c9f.jpg

Larry's given name was actually Darryl too, but he changed it because he "didn't want it to get too confusing."

(I feel the need to weigh in on all Newhart related references on FJ because of my avatar :) )

21 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Sigh...my fucking aunt named her blonde-haired/blue-eyed kid Aryan. And, yes, she knew the connotations. 

Yikes.

My love of ASOIF/Game of Thrones makes me want to name a girl Arya, but it's too close to being Aryan so I would never, no matter how much I love the character. 

We have an Albus in our house. Albus Mr. Kitty Psst Psst. Also had a dear dog named Oliver, after Oliver Wood, who one of the kids had a crush on at that time. Our kids were all born before the books and movies were all released, or I'm quite sure we would've had a Harry Potter-named kiddo as well. Maybe I'll get some HP-named grandkids some day. ?

I think she'll homebirth again, though now that she's had a "smooth" one hopefully her and Ben are more ready to go to the hospital earlier, rather than wait a whole day of labor and physical/mental fatigue for Jess. Fortunately all the Duggar daughters and DILs have had easy healthy pregnancies, as far as we know. 

I think I've talked about this one before, but my former co-worker named her daughter Enara.  Now, I dislike Joss Whedon and all his works (no particular reason or criticism, I just cannot get into ANYTHING he's done and I've tried multiple times), but even I think of the character from Firefly/Serenity when I hear that name.  

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Gee, Enara is a name too.  Maybe she wasn't named after the show."  Ok, I feel you.  But I KNOW her mother has seen the show, and can you guess the child's middle name?  

Serenity.   This was not an accident.  

My friend had 40 weeks and she couldn't find the .44 seconds it took to do this before filling out the birth certificate:

image.thumb.png.6d15543f0785bee61dd667b77c637dfe.png

Yes, Google, yes she did.  

2 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

I kinda wished Harry gave Albus the middle name Lupin or Remus after Remus Lupin, especially since James has the middle name Sirius and that way they could match. As well as Lupin was always one of my favorite characters in the series. I've always been Team Snape Was A Villian so any other middle name could have worked for Albus in my mind. 

I’m pretty sure that Teddy Lupin’s middle name is Remus. That could have been a factor in Rowling opting against using part of Remus’ name. 

I’ve always felt torn on Snape to be honest. I very much dislike the way he treated his students and his obsession with Lily makes me uncomfortable at times. That said, I also sympathize with him as well. I’m pretty sure he witnessed his father abusing his mother as a child (I think that’s in OOTP), he was bullied badly by James and the Marauders, he almost wound up dead as a teenager because Sirius sent him chasing after Remus during a full moon, the woman he loved didn’t love him back, and Lily ended up dying at the hands of someone Snape had once followed. 

Snape is one of the most complex and interesting Potter characters in my opinion. He’s not a good person by any means. He doesn’t ask Dumbledore to protect the Potters because he’s a good person - he could care less about James and Harry, but he asks because he’s selfish and doesn’t want Lily to die. He doesn’t protect Harry out of the goodness of his heart in the first book, he does it as a way to repay James for not letting Werewolf Remus kill him when they were teenagers. But he’s not an evil character either. He’s a deeply flawed and traumatized character who does both courageous and horrific things as a result. He may grudgingly protect Harry, but he still does it and at great personal risk. He doesn’t want to be the one to kill Dumbledore, but he still does it - in order to spare both Draco and Dumbledore as well as to solidify his position as a double agent against Voldemort. 

In the final book, Harry thinks about Riddle, Snape, and himself as being very similar in ways and I agree. I think Snape is kind of the middle ground between the two - he isn’t an evil attempted child murderer like Riddle, but he’s also not inherently good and noble like Harry. I personally think Snape is one of the strongest and most realistic characters Rowling created. He’s certainly one of the most interesting characters. 

ETA: I only just read the post by @BernRul, which covered a lot of this too. Great minds. Lol!

2 hours ago, nst said:

The day I am in art classes and Jessa decides to tell the world she is preggers...do we know when little bae seewald is due? April ish - which means conception when September ish

I predict a boy 11 pounds, Rudolph Adah Seewald

At home birth 

Jill be must be SEETHING :D

An April due date would put conception in July or very early August, not September.

Jessa stated her due date is in late spring, but didn’t say when. So anytime between May and mid-June. 

The speculation on Jill being livid (which I subscribe to) is based on the fact that she consistantly acts jealous and/or bitter on social media and it did seem like she tried to race Jessa in everything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure if Jessa has a girl it will be worse.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yep, same outfits as the Christmas photo with the crew. They probably announced to the Duggars (or staged the announcement for filming) that same day.

where is this photo? i can't find it (the one with the crew)

1 hour ago, nst said:

a very special duggar episode of jed hurting his fingers in the saw. 

It might be on par with the construction of the Springfield Monorail.

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’ve always felt torn on Snape to be honest. I very much dislike the way he treated his students and his obsession with Lily makes me uncomfortable at times. That said, I also sympathize with him as well. I’m pretty sure he witnessed his father abusing his mother as a child (I think that’s in OOTP), he was bullied badly by James and the Marauders, he almost wound up dead as a teenager because Sirius sent him chasing after Remus during a full moon, the woman he loved didn’t love him back, and Lily ended up dying at the hands of someone Snape had once followed. 

IDK, a lot of people have messed up childhoods and still end up being better adults than Snape was. I think the fact that he was a death eater and that is the wizard world version of being a Nazi and add the fact that he was Neville's boggart in the third book makes it easier for me to not feel bad for him. 

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The speculation on Jill being livid (which I subscribe to) is based on the fact that she consistantly acts jealous and/or bitter on social media and it did seem like she tried to race Jessa in everything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure if Jessa has a girl it will be worse.

This was my thought, too. For some reason (I'm sure that if I thought about it enough the exact thing that makes me think this would come to mind...), I think Jill REALLY wants to have a daughter. Which is natural, I suppose. In any case, I tried to look up what made me think she was disappointed Sam was a boy and found this video. My God, how could I have forgotten the absolute travesty that was Derick's hair and hat choice for that video? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived