IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

No, no, they said they still have a heart for adoption. While doing nothing to actually, you know, adopt. 

That's like me, except I have a heart to start exercising regularly.  Dude, that is so not gonna happen.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised at an avalanche of announcements either.  The Duggars seem to like to announce in order, so if Jessa announced later, there's likely to be a few more announcements queued up and ready to hype the show.  

At least Ben and Jessa appear to be stable, loving, and involved parents.  The upcoming Anti-Catholic Theologian Seewald (I assume they'll call them "Anti" for short) managed to avoid the shortest straw when it comes to Duggar sub-families, but it's regrettable they have to be born into such a family at all. 

19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I am not sure if I posted this on here or elsewhere but where I work we have a young man by the name of Billion and his brother Billennium. I wonder if they go by Bill? 

Suddenly Spurgeon doesn't sound so bad. 

Well they can't both go by Bill. How about Bill and Lenny?

1 hour ago, LittleOwl said:

I wonder how upset Jill is right now.  When Jessa was pregnant with no. 2 before Jill, she wasn't the happiest of bunnies! I think in one interview she cried about it IIRC

I was just thinking the same thing!  Jill is going to be pissed in my mind! 

5 minutes ago, meee said:

There you go! 

I shouldn't make fun, my great grandfather was Epifanio and my grand mother was Agrippina. I remember my cousin and I teasing my Godson (her son) who was my ring bearer in my wedding, that if he didn't behave she would change his name to Epifanio. 

1 minute ago, They call me madre said:

I was just thinking the same thing!  Jill is going to be pissed in my mind! 

Why? Is she still thinking of this as a race? :( Poor Jill.

6 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I just looked it up and 127 Renesmees were born in the USA in 2017. (I love the Social Security data! So fun!)

Also no Le-a, Lemonjello or Oranjello (or at least not >=5) but 5 Machiavellis! Hahahaha!

The data is here:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/limits.html

Omg 5 people called their girl Psalms. 

2 minutes ago, meee said:

That is their purpose in life, crank out kids. 

2 minutes ago, meee said:

Not that I know of. I don't remember her crying or seeming upset that Jessa was pregnant before her last time either, but I could be forgetting. I haven't really heard her talk about her plans or wishes for more babies since Sam was born.

6 minutes ago, meee said:

Why not? You must not remember or know about a show on back in the 80's called Newhart, The hilly billy brothers.  

daafb652b1c71379ac4d9968f2fee15b.jpg.7c48e8fada90108717342fa0b58e6c9f.jpg

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Why not? You must not remember or know about a show on back in the 80's called Newhart, The hilly billy brothers.  

daafb652b1c71379ac4d9968f2fee15b.jpg.7c48e8fada90108717342fa0b58e6c9f.jpg

I remember them! 

I feel for Jill a bit.  She was raised to believe her worth comes from her ability to pop out babies, and that if she did everything right, she'd be able to deliver a baby every calendar year or so with minimal complications.  She'd be blessed with a big family, and everyone would fawn over her like Michelle.

But that didn't happen.  And it HAS to be devastating for her to watch her stubborn, less obedient, less rule-following sister have the life she feels she should be leading while she herself experiences medical complications that will necessarily restrict her family size.  

I'm sure this is genuinely upsetting to Jill.  Any time for any reason you deeply WANT a child but cannot have one, it is hard.  Very hard.  And to then be inundated with everyone else in your family having babies while you are unable, that's extra hard.  And then you live in a community where you cannot take steps to protect yourself and must "keep sweet", attend all functions, and pretend you're 100% ok with "God's will for your family"....

If she cries over Jessa's pregnancy, I'd understand.  

Just now, singsingsing said:

Not that I know of. I don't remember her crying or seeming upset that Jessa was pregnant before her last time either, but I could be forgetting. I haven't really heard her talk about her plans or wishes for more babies since Sam was born.

I still think there might be some competition in their minds. I never bought the whole "look how close we are! We are not jealous at all" bs they put out on 19KAC during each other's wedding seasons. Especially after Bendullmin's comment about 'beating them.' I think it burns Jill that Jessa's seemingly getting pregnant quickly and having somewhat easy home births. In Jill's mind, she should be ahead of Jessa and if Jessa has a girl......

I haven’t been on GOMI in ages, but I did like their “worst baby names” thread for the WTF value. One of those names I’ll never forget is Mckbrynzley. That kid would be a toddler now. 

I’ve also come across some crazy names. The names of the kids from the TLC show Sweet Home Sextuplets have to be the worst, though. 

49 minutes ago, Chippy said:

There are. I live in a town where there is at least one, for sure. 

Someone I went to high school with named their 9th baby (first girl after 5 boys) and she picked that name. I seriously almost spit my drink out when she announced. They are getting ready to have their 10th baby and they definitely do not qualify as fundie.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don’t remember that either, though it’s certainly possible as I was distracted by my own pregnancy at the time. 

Maybe Jill is sad or upset, but I’d also guess that she’s probably genuinely happy for Benessa too. It’s pretty normal to feel some conflicting emotions if someone you love is expecting a baby and you wish you were too. My husband and I were nowhere near ready to have another baby when my sister told us she was pregnant again, but it still made me a bit wistful and sad. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person or ungrateful for what you do have - it just means you’re a human being. 

8 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I feel for Jill a bit.  She was raised to believe her worth comes from her ability to pop out babies, and that if she did everything right, she'd be able to deliver a baby every calendar year or so with minimal complications.  She'd be blessed with a big family, and everyone would fawn over her like Michelle.

But that didn't happen.  And it HAS to be devastating for her to watch her stubborn, less obedient, less rule-following sister have the life she feels she should be leading while she herself experiences medical complications that will necessarily restrict her family size.  

I'm sure this is genuinely upsetting to Jill.  Any time for any reason you deeply WANT a child but cannot have one, it is hard.  Very hard.  And to then be inundated with everyone else in your family having babies while you are unable, that's extra hard.  And then you live in a community where you cannot take steps to protect yourself and must "keep sweet", attend all functions, and pretend you're 100% ok with "God's will for your family"....

If she cries over Jessa's pregnancy, I'd understand.  

Given how difficult her deliveries have appeared to be, Jill might be feeling some other conflicting emotions - sadness that she’s not pregnant when her sister is and relief because not being pregnant means no potentially difficult delivery. 

And I’d understand if she were upset too. The only time I’d ever judge would be in a situation where someone was lashing out at someone else because they were upset they were pregnant and they wished they were too. I don’t think Jill has ever (publicly) done that though. 

I know when I was trying to get pregnant it was taking a bit longer than normal. My best friend had just had her baby and while I was thrilled, I did feel a bit jealous. 

30 minutes ago, meee said:

Because their parents made a boatload of money and fame + were finally able to properly and adequately house and feed their children by being prolific procreators. Another baby is everything for these folks.

Henry was the last baby born before I started trying to conceive. So this will be the sixth baby born since we started trying. Joy, Jinger, and Joseph weren't married when we started trying and they all have babies now. It is likely that Lauren and Abbie will complete the set and announce before we do IVF in "late spring" or "early summer" lol. Still wouldn't trade places, though!

I'm not going to speculate about whether Jill is or is not wishing she were pregnant right now. She has her hands pretty full, so it's entirely possible she's 100% good with the current situation. Sam is 5 months younger than Henry, so it's not like Jessa lapped her. 

I totally agree the "we're all best friends" narrative was bs, but I also think the rivalry between Jill and Jessa is fairly contrived too. Jessa gives side-eye all the time and Jill is outwardly emotional. They're extremely different people.

All aboard the the good old FJ speculation becomes fact express! Jill has never given any indication she was less than happy for any sibling expecting a child. Yes she wants more babies for the Lawd but they all do. Don't see her crying in a corner or hating on on Jessa but at most being a little regretful it’s not her but then consoling herself it’s God’s will. Which Anna might well do too FWIW. 

13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If its a girl they will name her America.  If its a boy they will name him Donald.

I'll give you a Rufus only cuz I don't want to down vote you with the disgust. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived