IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Perhaps Threewald could turn out to be a girl named "Trinity"?

Maybe Jessa and Ben are big fans of Trailer Park Boys!

9 hours ago, roadkill_deity said:

I was reading Lily and Ellie's blog and came across this comment on the ultrasound picture. "Humdinger name" had me in tears I was laughing so hard. 

So, I think I'm going to guess that the baby is a girl, named Humdinger.

Screenshot_20190131-232739.png

OMG, the anonymous at 11:27... what's wrong with Spurgeon and Henry? they don't do the weird names that celebrities often do? SPURGEON, wtf people. 

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember they found out about Jubilee’s death at an ultrasound to find out the sex. It was all filmed too. It’s hard enough finding out your baby died in utero, much less having it all filmed and then broadcast on TV.

I know, I would have said 'get those fing cameras OUT OF HERE!' and if MEchelle had said that I wouldn't even blink or call her out for the foul language. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Perhaps Threewald could turn out to be a girl named "Trinity"?

I have a male cousin named Trinity, so it could go either way.

I do think waiting for the name is the most entertaining part of Duggar pregnancies at this point. 

23 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I never understood people who go "Oh it looks like so and so, has so and so's nose." It looks like a blob. I'm sure the baby will be a cute potato when it comes out. Don't expect me to coo over an ultrasound. 

Yeah, they're grainy pictures. And?

I can't say much. We got an ultrasound at 12 weeks for this pregnancy and my only real comment was, "Hey, it's starting to look like a human now!"

22 hours ago, karen77 said:

exactly, and why would you spend money on this if you got a real 20 week u/s?

Sometimes the kid doesn't cooperate in the official anatomy ultrasound. If the parents are really determined to find out the sex and don't have another ultrasound scheduled, then they can get an extra at a boutique place. I don't get it, but not my problem.

21 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I don't think Jessa would be disappointed with a boy. They did talk about having a football or baseball team of boys. She seems to embrace being a #boymom (without all the hashtags) in a genuine way that Jill hasn't been able to pull off. Though...if baby #3 is another boy as I suspect and hope, I do think there will be at least a 4th little Seewald. 

I do wonder if she's "allowed" to show disappointment over the sex, especially if it would be a boy. I mean, she might be more likely to than some of the others, but would disappointment be seen as questioning God's plan and therefore verboten?

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder at what point, if it hasn’t happened already, the Seewalds will realize that their first born’s name  is very unfortunate?

I think Jessa realized when they were picking it out!

Spurgeon could maybe go by Elliot when he’s older. Lawson and Nathan Bates go by their middle names. Their first names are nowhere near as bad as Spurgeon though. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Spurgeon could maybe go by Elliot when he’s older. Lawson and Nathan Bates go by their middle names. Their first names are nowhere near as bad as Spurgeon though. 

Spurgeon definitely could. I wonder when Lawson and Nathan decided that they were Lawson and Nathan, not William and Kenneth or did Kelly/Gil make the choice. 

I've always assumed that Kelly and Gil have always called them by their middle names. Lawson shares a first name with his dad and grandfather (Gil's full name is William Gilvin Bates, he too goes by his middle name) and I think (but I'm not certain) that Kenneth is a family name as well. So I figure they use their middle names to differentiate between family members- something Spurge will (Probably? Hopefully?) never have to worry about!

Today is a gray day here so out of boring I decide to see what was happening in duggar fandom aka Lily and Ellis blog and I found this little gem...

Please tell me that the anon who suggest Zip is being sarcastic! Please 

Screenshot_2019-02-02-15-40-40.png

I was looking at Ben and Jessa’s house. I’m certainly not a contractor, but it looks like it would be a fairly simple task to convert the car port into another bedroom. They are going to need some more room. Most of our houses in Canada have basements, but it doesn’t appear as this one does. Basements make great rec room and play rooms for kids! Not sure how big their back lawn is, but perhaps an addition could be added there as well. This is a two bedroom house presently, isn’t it? 

12 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

(Gil's full name is William Gilvin Bates, he too goes by his middle name)

Please tell me you‘re kidding. Who would do that to their child?

On 1/31/2019 at 8:24 PM, SassyPants said:

I wonder at what point, if it hasn’t happened already, the Seewalds will realize that their first born’s name  is very unfortunate?

If they ever take a step back from fundamentalism, and people inquiring about their kid's bizarre name ceases to be an opportunity to boast about their religiosity. I always wonder about the ex-VF families who gave their children awful showy Vision Forum names just for the piety points, and are now living in the real world with names like Courage Jones and Settler-Colonialism Smith.

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Today is a gray day here so out of boring I decide to see what was happening in duggar fandom aka Lily and Ellis blog and I found this little gem...

Please tell me that the anon who suggest Zip is being sarcastic! Please 

Nope this one is Biblical. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipporah

More frequent as Hebrew name in the past. (As if that would stop a fundie now)

..I knew a religous reference, I am so proud!

2 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Please tell me you‘re kidding. Who would do that to their child?

No, that's his real name. Gilvin is supposedly a 5 generation name in their family.

1. unknown (I think he was Clarence Gilvin)
  2. William Gilvin Sr. (Papa Bill)
  3. William Gilvin Jr. (Gil)
  4. Zachary Gilvin 
  5. Bradley Gilvin

3 hours ago, Markie said:

This is a two bedroom house presently, isn’t it? 

Yes, it is. It will be interesting to see if they chose to add onto it or move.

16 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've always assumed that Kelly and Gil have always called them by their middle names. Lawson shares a first name with his dad and grandfather (Gil's full name is William Gilvin Bates, he too goes by his middle name) and I think (but I'm not certain) that Kenneth is a family name as well. So I figure they use their middle names to differentiate between family members- something Spurge will (Probably? Hopefully?) never have to worry about!

I believe that Kelly’s father was named Kenneth. So the eldest three sons all have names that honor family somehow.  

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I think they might move, but not move too far away. They never seemed too attached to the place it see to me.

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I would guess it would be Jim-Bob making that decision, since he's the one with the financing. There may be some musical chairs going on with the houses in the near future, for sure.

If Threewald is male, they may not move right away, as they could probably put all the boys in a room together once the youngest is ready to be moved from his parents' bedroom. Then again, they'll likely be expecting Fourwald at that point and may want more space.

Somebody on IG asked Jessa if she buys the boys' clothes all used because Converse are expensive (really?) and she said 99% from Rhea Lana locally.

I thought about why I'd never have my kids in converse and then realized it's because they are in daycare and the teachers would murder me in my sleep. Bringing shoes that kids can put on themselves is very highly encouraged so I've skipped anything that requires an adult to lace up or put on.

16 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Somebody on IG asked Jessa if she buys the boys' clothes all used because Converse are expensive (really?) and she said 99% from Rhea Lana locally.

I thought about why I'd never have my kids in converse and then realized it's because they are in daycare and the teachers would murder me in my sleep. Bringing shoes that kids can put on themselves is very highly encouraged so I've skipped anything that requires an adult to lace up or put on.

I used to keep wychling  in tie-up high top sneakers.  Kiddo couldn't take 'em off and toss them in the shelves & bins at the grocery store, for starters.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived