IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

I'm sure we've seen them go to boutique ultrasound places on the show just to find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  Right? I don't think I'm remembering this wrong.  I think for Henry they brought Jana and Joy along with them.  It was not at a doctor's office.       

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

I'm sure we've seen them go to boutique ultrasound places on the show just to find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  Right? I don't think I'm remembering this wrong.  I think for Henry they brought Jana and Joy along with them.  It was not at a doctor's office.       

exactly, and why would you spend money on this if you got a real 20 week u/s?

8 minutes ago, karen77 said:

exactly, and why would you spend money on this if you got a real 20 week u/s?

I think folks have speculated that they do it so it can be filmed. When I did my medical ultrasound at 20 weeks we weren’t even allowed to record on our phone, so I highly doubt they let TV crews in to film. The boutique places let you film or take pictures and have as many people as you want in the room. 

To be fair, I wouldn't want my private appointment, where I could potentially get surprising and difficult news, to be filmed. Once I had a conversation with my doctor and knew things were fine, I would happily agree to let a tv show pay for a boutique ultrasound to stage an "everything looks great, look at the cute baby!" day of shooting. 

I don’t know if it’s still the same way or if it varies from state to state, but a lot of those free-standing ultrasound places require a note from a doctor stating that they have had a previous ultrasound at an actual doctor’s office. Now, it’s been a long time since i’ve had a baby, so that may not be the case anymore. I would bet money that, even if they get regular checkups with a doctor (my guess is they use a midwife), they decline all of the extra testing that can be done to check for potential problems.

For the record, my guess is boy as well. 

I don't think Jessa would be disappointed with a boy. They did talk about having a football or baseball team of boys. She seems to embrace being a #boymom (without all the hashtags) in a genuine way that Jill hasn't been able to pull off. Though...if baby #3 is another boy as I suspect and hope, I do think there will be at least a 4th little Seewald. 

Maybe they would go to a boutique place to find out the sex earlier than the 20 week scan. Some places in the UK do it from 15 weeks. Or maybe they were not able to see the sex on the 20 week ultrasound scan, and went there to find out the sex. Or maybe, as another poster pointed out, they had the regular ultrasound first, to check that everything was okay, and then a staged one at the boutique place for finding out the sex. 

Let's be real, they go to the boutique ultrasound place so that TLC can film the same damn ultrasound scene for the zillionth time. Two seasons from now we'll get to see Ben and Jessa talking about how they're not revealing the jinder, how neat and sweet it would be to have a girl after two boys but they'd would love another boy too, at least a couple "it could be twins!!" thrown in for good measure, a blanket draped modestly over Jessa as the ultrasound takes place, some oohing and aahing as the jinder is revealed (but not to the viewers at home). And by the time we're privileged enough to view this, Threewald will probably be closing in on his/her first birthday.

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And by the time we're privileged enough to view this, Threewald will probably be closing in on his/her first birthday.

I would like to make Threewald my official name guess for this one. ?

34 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I would like to make Threewald my official name guess for this one. ?

I'm writing that down! :P 

At the very least the next thread title should be "waiting on baby Threewald" or something, perhaps wittier, like that. I am loving the whole "Threewald" thing right now. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Two seasons from now we'll get to see Ben and Jessa talking about how they're not revealing the jinder, how neat and sweet it would be to have a girl after two boys but they'd would love another boy too, at least a couple "it could be twins!!"

LOL. Two seasons from now. Why are you not wrong? hahaha

Thurston Tozer Threewald (AKA Triple T) will be born on a Thursday. He will either be thirstin' for the word of the Lord, or thirstin' for a cold one when he's old enough to get the hell out of Duggarville.

the 20wk ultrasound is usually the full-on check for development. Jinger *said* on her CO episode that she was 20wk when they found out Fizzy was a girl, at least as was filmed, though we have no idea for real if that's when she really did find out & if her sisters might follow a similar pattern.

JoKen in their "first baby" episode said they learned the anatomical sex ~ 14wk I think? I remember FJ was very impressed that the doctor correctly said "sex" while all the Duggs repeated gender gender gender.

I do think the insta photos Jessa just posted were 20wk-ultrasound images. They totally know the jinder and are keeping it a speshul secret like they always do xD. 

I am legitimately on the edge of my seat anticipating Threewald's name. Throwback Thursday to Jessa and Ben naming their fetus a normal human name (Quincey) and then, when he was born, calling him the most bizarro and outlandish name possible.

Spurgeon (Spurge, im aussie we shorten everything) has really grown on me and it suits that cute little monkey to a T! What the fuck is wrong with me LOL

15 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

Spurgeon (Spurge, im aussie we shorten everything) has really grown on me and it suits that cute little monkey to a T! What the fuck is wrong with me LOL

Haha, I'm the same way... I don't love the name Spurgeon, but it just doesn't bother me as much as it does most people. BUT THEN my roommate came in while I was watching the show one day, and heard his name, and without any context said "what, was that their firstborn? He put the sperm in the virgin and out came Sper-gin?"

And now that's what I think of every time. :laughing-rolling:

Spurgeon might be a highly unfortunate name but it's attached to an incredibly adorable little face....so it grows on ya.

I wonder at what point, if it hasn’t happened already, the Seewalds will realize that their first born’s name  is very unfortunate?

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder at what point, if it hasn’t happened already, the Seewalds will realize that their first born’s name  is very unfortunate?

I think maybe it has already happened and that's why Henry's first name is Henry and not Wilberforce!

I will say, like others, Spurgeon has grown on me. Not enough for me to ever consider using it as a name for my own innocent children, but the kid is cute enough that it somehow makes the name less cringe-y.

I remember they found out about Jubilee’s death at an ultrasound to find out the sex. It was all filmed too. It’s hard enough finding out your baby died in utero, much less having it all filmed and then broadcast on TV.

I was reading Lily and Ellie's blog and came across this comment on the ultrasound picture. "Humdinger name" had me in tears I was laughing so hard. 

So, I think I'm going to guess that the baby is a girl, named Humdinger.

Screenshot_20190131-232739.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived