IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'm still guessing boy for baby Threewald!

Did you just come up with that? It's great! I hope the announcement says, "Baby Threewald is here!" since they obviously won't have a chosen name or at least not one they will tell until several days after the birth.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

What “logic”? I said the head shape looked more like 1 than 2 in the photos. My guess was boy because they just looked similar.

My son and daughter looked very different in ultrasound in terms of shape of head and look totally different as children. It’s all just anecdotes.

She's saying that logic doesn't make sense cuz Henry is also a boy. Why does baby 3 looking like 1 make it any more likely to be a boy when 2 is also a boy?

I think Spurge looks like Jessa anyway. Henry too. So that logic really doesn't make sense. Brothers can resemble sisters. Sons can resemble mothers. Daughters can resembles fathers. It's not like your downstairs buisness cancels out the genes of oppostie sex family members. 

55 minutes ago, BernRul said:

She's saying that logic doesn't make sense cuz Henry is also a boy. Why does baby 3 looking like 1 make it any more likely to be a boy when 2 is also a boy?

I didn't say that I guessed boy because it looked like Spurgeon's head rather than Henry's! Just that I was guessing a boy. More similar to Spurgeon's shape than Henry's, since the poster right above said she also thought the u/s photo looked like Spurgeon.

We're all just guessing, there is no "logic" to a guess, just a hunch either way.

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

Did you just come up with that? It's great! I hope the announcement says, "Baby Threewald is here!" since they obviously won't have a chosen name or at least not one they will tell until several days after the birth.

sadly i did not lol, I saw it somewhere on fundie Tumblr (don't remember who lol) and thought it was perfect!

Threewald. I like that. While he's in utero, he should be known as Thurston Threewald. Hopefully whatever they name this child it's not as bad as Spurgeon.

I think it's a boy.

I may be slightly insane, but when I blankly glanced at the text in Jessa's post, my mind somehow pieced together the word "girl"

It was actually pretty weird. I suppose now I'll guess girl. It's a 50/50 chance anyway :P

15 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Threewald. I like that. While he's in utero, he should be known as Thurston Threewald. Hopefully whatever they name this child it's not as bad as Spurgeon.

I think it's a boy.

Don’t put that challenge out into the universe. It could always be worse. 

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Don’t put that challenge out into the universe. It could always be worse. 

They'd have to put some effort into it though.  Hopefully Ben gets no more than a 49% vote from now on.

I think it’s a boy. I feel like if we ever get a baby girl Seewald there will be an announcement revealing the gender before she is born. 

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I think it's a boy.

We will have to wait until Heistheway Seewald's birth is announced :D .

(Honestly, I think and hope they have outgrown their urge to give their children ridiculous, uber religious names.)

I vote boy. I think if she had a girl this time she might be more willing to jump on an NFP train as seems to like spending time with her kids and must have noticed it is harder with two than one. I vote boy, however, because she seems to get everything she wants so something has to be out of her reach in this universe. I do hope for a much nicer name for this kid Spurge got. Though I do think they should have just gone with Wilberforce for Henry's first name. I can't really talk, my kid has a third name that is really along those lines but not religious.

16 hours ago, Whatthefundie said:

She will probably keep it a secret like she did with the last two, but I am sure they know the sex by now. Don’t they only get ultrasounds for that reason? 

No, the 20 week ultrasound is to check for medical things to make sure everything is developing properly. The sex is just an added bonus to that appointment. 

14 minutes ago, viii said:

No, the 20 week ultrasound is to check for medical things to make sure everything is developing properly. The sex is just an added bonus to that appointment. 

Yes, but it is my understanding from their ultrasounds that they just get the ultrasound to find out the sex. Like they usually just go to a boutique ultrasound place, not a medical professional. 

5 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

Yes, but it is my understanding from their ultrasounds that they just get the ultrasound to find out the sex. Like they usually just go to a boutique ultrasound place, not a medical professional. 

I don't think we know that at all, and I don't ever recall Ben or Jessa claiming that. I think we can give them a certain amount of flack regarding their pregnancy care, but I don't think we can state they only have ultrasounds to find out the sex and not for any medical purposes. 

To play Devil’s Advocate, we’ve never seen Jessa at any medical appt, midwife or otherwise, either. Why would that be? Willing to show an US appt and willing to show Jill checking the FHT, so modesty and privacy issues are out.

7 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't think we know that at all, and I don't ever recall Ben or Jessa claiming that. I think we can give them a certain amount of flack regarding their pregnancy care, but I don't think we can state they only have ultrasounds to find out the sex and not for any medical purposes. 

You’re absolutely right. We only see what they want us to see. They may get better care than what they show. 

2 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

You’re absolutely right. We only see what they want us to see. They may get better care than what they show. 

So...for folks that basically have a show because they are prolific procreaters, why would they purposely decide to withhold showing them receiving regular prenatal care? We did see Michelle getting care many times.  We have seen Anna receiving care. We saw Joy and Kendra getting care and Jill getting PNC with Izzy. Is Jessa just passive aggressive? 

When you hear hooves near a horse paddock think horses not zebras.

For most of those, though, it's been their first baby, and so that's a big story line for them. Jessa is on her third baby in four years, it's not really that exciting anymore, so I could see them focusing on other things. 

It really annoys me how she labeled the photos 1. 2. And 3 instead of using their names. To me, it shows a level of thinking of her kids as numbers, as taught by her parents. I know she seems to be a good parent, but something like that screams to me that the reason for her to have another baby is for quantity. 

Of.course They have they have doctors appointments and other intimate things we are not privy to for whatever reason.  We only see a fraction of their lives on a heavily edited TV show and whatever they choose to put in social media.  

30 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

It really annoys me how she labeled the photos 1. 2. And 3 instead of using their names. To me, it shows a level of thinking of her kids as numbers, as taught by her parents. I know she seems to be a good parent, but something like that screams to me that the reason for her to have another baby is for quantity. 

Easy is the Duggar’s default. Writing #1 is much easier than scribing Spurgeon.

Laziness and cutting corners are 2 things the Duggars ARE experts at.

I never understood people who go "Oh it looks like so and so, has so and so's nose." It looks like a blob. I'm sure the baby will be a cute potato when it comes out. Don't expect me to coo over an ultrasound. 

I wouldn't say he/she/they looks like a blob, more like a generic baby profile. Definitely not clear enough to make any sort of accurate comparisons to Spurgie or Henry.

17 hours ago, BernRul said:

I think Spurge looks like Jessa anyway. Henry too. So that logic really doesn't make sense. Brothers can resemble sisters. Sons can resemble mothers. Daughters can resembles fathers. It's not like your downstairs buisness cancels out the genes of oppostie sex family members. 

Currently in my family two there are several children  who are practically  identical to their opposite sex parent - I’m really curious as to how they will look as adults. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived