IGNORED

Seewalds 37: Yes, Jessa is Pregnant

Jellybean

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

People have mentioned this before, but I think it’s unlikely. Both for the reasons mentioned by @HarleyQuinn and @Melissa1977, but also because Derick was tweeting about how two kids were for quitters shortly after Sam’s birth. He’s not a bright guy, but I think it’d even be stupid by the Derick standard to tweet about that if your wife just found out she’s no longer able to have children. 

A good point, but:

1) These people believe in God's Will, so even if Jill was told she probably wouldn't be able to have more kids, DWreck would still think that God could intercede and give them another Little Blessing!!1! to accuse of manipulation. (Unless Jill had a hysterectomy, of course.)

2) They could be thinking fostering/adopting.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to interrupt talk of babies and all things Harry Potter, but --

A little birdie told me that "some" of the accusers against Bill Gothard and his "spiritual abuse" are confronting him in court today. 

Is anyone following this?

"The problem with internet quotations is that many of them are inaccurate." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm pro Harry and Ginny. Ginny is a talented witch (so was shown to be very skilled at hexing other students who crossed her), a talented quidditch player (she was the gryffindor chaser, was good enough to sub for Harry as seeker, and ended going pro after Hogwarts),  plus she was fearless (she joined the trio to face Voldemort at the ministry of magic without question). 

Also I'm pretty sure Luna was supposed to be Ginny's idea, they were supposed to have been good friends I think.

I was also pro Luna and Neville. 

58 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

@Glasgowghirl I don't remember them ever confirming that she labored at home (not that that's an unreasonable assumption to make.) I only recall Derick commenting that she ended up with a c-section after 40 hrs of labor.

If she had been in a hospital, they would not have allowed her to labor for 40 hours, given what happened during her previous birth. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do wonder if they weren't seriously reprimanded for their ignorance, and had threats of CPS coming in to monitor the children because of her willful ignorance in not getting proper prenatal care and risking a home VBAC with out ANY medical supervision. Sorry, not sorry, that "midwife" is nothing more than a woman whose attended a lot of births. 

I suspect that Jill insisted on managing her own labor for as long as possible, while waving her midwife label and faith in the Lord at Derick, and things turned out badly (dangerous, expensive, public disdain) both times.  While I'm no fan of Derick, I could understand if he was angry about it and perhaps harbors some resentment.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It has just come to my awareness that my 4 YO GD is a Harry Potter aficionado. She has seen all of the older shows and can talk all things HP. Does HP generally attract such young kids? I have tried with HP, both the books and the movie(s) and it just isn’t my genre. 

I’ve been reading the books to my two year old for a while now. We’re currently on Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry is having dinner with Hermione and the Weasleys at the Leaky Cauldron before heading back to school.) My daughter LOVES Harry! She gets all excited when she sees him on the dust jacket and her little Harry Potter shirts are her favorites to wear. Our library also has a Dobby statue in the kids section and we always wind up going over to say Hi and Bye.

I usually read a few pages while she’s in the bathtub now, but sometimes she’ll let me read to her while she plays in her room. Other times she takes the book away and “reads” on her own. If she doesn’t seem interested in it then I’ll grab a picture book and read that to her instead. 

40 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Baby time!

And it shocked me to, once again, learn that Jessa's my age. Sheesh, I've known that for years! But it just creates this... weird feeling. I really, truly dreamt of having kids at a "younger age" and hell, I ain't even married (though my boyfriend did just ask me rather bluntly when I think it's ok to propose :pb_eek:)! So I guess right now I'm satisfied with following people that are my age and already have a kid or a few. :P

Jessa is 26(?) I got married at 26 and had my 1st baby at 27, There is no magic age to start your family, what ever age your start is usually the right age for you. My friend was similar in age (and circumstance) to Jessa when she married & started having children. She had her 3rd baby 5 months before I had my 1st, she was 27 when she had #3. Then a 3rd friend had her 1 and only at 33. My friend who had her kids young thinks the other friend was "old" when she had her kid, the friend who had her kid later thinks the other friend was way too young to have kids, neither of them can imagine doing it the way the other did, but are perfectly happy with the timing they had. 

Love the Harry Potter drift. I'm overall okay with the name "Albus Severus." That detail is far from the top of the list of travesties that The Cursed Child gave us. I still consider it canon, but man, the Wizarding World's solid understanding of time travel helped me get through metaphysics in university, then Cursed Child came and RUINED IT. Ugh. Yeah, Harry's kids' names don't bug me that much.

Snape is a well-wrought and complex character. I honestly don't find the abusive/problematic parts of his character to be much worse than Dumbledore's or Sirius'. I genuinely think that before he became a wizard nazi in school, he and Lily's relationship was one of the most precious and beautiful parts of the series. What happened due to his horrible choices was tragic and I've always been satisfied with how it played out in the story. The "Snape was an abuser, no further discussion" side of the HP fandom has their right to view it that way, but that's just not for me. 

I love "Harry Potter and the Sacred Text," but my all-time favorite Harry Potter podcast is "Witch, Please." I think a lot of Harry Potter fans on FJ would love it, especially the initial section (roughly called "Season 1") of the podcast where they go through each book and movie applying an academic but intersectional feminist lens.

Back to Jessa... at this point, I'm pretty convinced that most of the married Duggar kids are genuinely "leaving it up to God" while JB and Michelle were genuinely "trying as hard as they could to make more babies." I wouldn't surprised if there's a lot of semi-conscious NFP happening among the married Duggars these days. Would I call that "birth control?" Not necessarily, I think there's an element of denial there. Would I call that "quiverfull?" Probably- just taken down a notch or so.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

People have mentioned this before, but I think it’s unlikely. Both for the reasons mentioned by @HarleyQuinn and @Melissa1977, but also because Derick was tweeting about how two kids were for quitters shortly after Sam’s birth. He’s not a bright guy, but I think it’d even be stupid by the Derick standard to tweet about that if your wife just found out she’s no longer able to have children. 

I believe others may have said this, but I'll reiterate: JIll will believe that God will give her a child despite what a doctor tells her.... because God grants miracles.... and they could name it.... Myricle.

5 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

Back to Jessa... at this point, I'm pretty convinced that most of the married Duggar kids are genuinely "leaving it up to God" while JB and Michelle were genuinely "trying as hard as they could to make more babies." I wouldn't surprised if there's a lot of semi-conscious NFP happening among the married Duggars these days. Would I call that "birth control?" Not necessarily, I think there's an element of denial there. Would I call that "quiverfull?" Probably- just taken down a notch or so.

Yes! With the way they were raised they likely see birth control as evil. There are some fundie-lite people who believe it is wrong as well, and they likely are not exposed to many people who will openly talk to them about it being okay. 

I hate that another Duggar is having a baby, although it's inevitable. This kid will get the short end of the stick for a name, but will at least have parents who appear to genuinely love their kids and allow them to act in age appropriate ways without extreme punishments. 

I do hope that jessa does not have issues with pregnancy and birth. I wonder if she would be able to have prenatal care with a doctor and still have a home birth (since she seems fairly set on those) with her birthing history. I really do hope that all of the duggars start to get proper prenatal care for themselves. 

Maybe Jinger and Kendra's easy births will rub off on her a bit. Unless of course she doesn't have insurance and is only doing these homebirths because of the cost. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe Jinger and Kendra's easy births will rub off on her a bit. Unless of course she doesn't have insurance and is only doing these homebirths because of the cost. 

She actually had an uncomplicated birth with Henry so she'll probably just keep doing what she's been doing.

36 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I think that is the case. If it happens it happens but they aren't going to make it the sole point of their existence. I could be wrong though. 

If these families are not going to make procreation their sole point of existence, they had all better find a way to adequately and legitimately support themselves. Even families of 4 require lots of funding over the long haul.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I have tried with HP, both the books and the movie(s) and it just isn’t my genre. 

I was gifted the entire series (up to that particular point in time they’d been published) and just couldn’t get into them.

I donated them to our local library, in perfect condition, shortly thereafter.

I really wanted to enjoy them, too, but... 

Several people who love the books have said I should give it another go.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If these families are not going to make procreation their sole point of existence, they had all better find a way to adequately and legitimately support themselves. Even families of 4 require lots of funding over the long haul.

That's the thing. Having 5-8 kids is almost the worst outcome for any of them. It's not really newsworthy or noteworthy but it's expensive and psychosis-inducing potentially. You either stay at 4 or under or you go balls out and aim for double digits.

Although we forget that they have access to a lot of free/subsidized real estate and so far not a single family has expressed ANY interest in education whatsoever. A lot of the expenses of raising kids come when you send them to school, particularly if they are private schools and especially if you elect or are able to assist them in attending college. Remove that and a lot of the financial stressors go away. You end up with horribly undereducated kids who aren't prepared for the real world but they appear just fine with that.

2 hours ago, SadieJane said:

Alan Rickman always though. Always.

I'm still sad he's gone, losing him and Bowie at the same time was brutal. Both such talented men. I love everything Alan Rickman did, I just watched Robin Hood Prince of Theirs this weekend, he was a brilliant Sheriff of Nottingham, evil and funny. 

3 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

I was gifted the entire series (up to that particular point in time they’d been published) and just couldn’t get into them.

I donated them to our local library, in perfect condition, shortly thereafter.

I really wanted to enjoy them, too, but... 

Several people who love the books have said I should give it another go.

For adults, I always recommend that they just try to get through the first 2.75 books, because in a lot of ways it's such a typical kids' serious until a lot of exposition that occurs at the end of the third book. Even then, in a lot of ways it gets back to business as usual until the end of the fourth book. Beyond that, it's a pretty different beast than it is in the beginning, and one that I think is more appealing to most adult readers.

That said, there is no one thing that's for everybody, so no pressure to LOVE it (or even read it) or anything :) A big part of why I loved Harry Potter is that I was of an age with the characters (the last book came out as I was entering my senior year in high school), so that influences my fandom quite a bit.

If something doesn’t grab you that’s ok, no one needs to spend time on something that doesn’t excite them. I was into Harry Potter from the first book, like all in. I read the first three the same day, got about halfway into four and asked to borrow it from the friends whose copies I had hijacked. That was all that was out at that point and the wait for the remaining books put me off ever reading an unfinished series ever again lol. 

I just posted my birth and name predictions in the other thread:

Date - 6-10-19

Weight: 8 lbs 6 oz.

Boy name:  Benjamin "Gaines"  (calling him Gaines)

Girl name:  Magnolia Michelle 

These names reflect Jessa's love for "Fixer Upper" stars, Joanna and Chip Gaines and their brand, Magnolia.  :) 

I'm pro Harry and Ginny. Ginny is a talented witch (so was shown to be very skilled at hexing other students who crossed her), a talented quidditch player (she was the gryffindor chaser, was good enough to sub for Harry as seeker, and ended going pro after Hogwarts),  plus she was fearless (she joined the trio to face Voldemort at the ministry of magic without question). 
Also I'm pretty sure Luna was supposed to be Ginny's idea, they were supposed to have been good friends I think.
I was also pro Luna and Neville. 
I would be more on board with Harry and Ginny if they had picked a more enjoyable actress for her role. The Ginny in the movies was dry and boring. She and Harry had no chemistry!
Ginny on paper is amazing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived