IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

There is no way Izzy got that chair so precisely placed on that tray table. I'll go further to say that Sam was put on the arm of the desk chair. I can see Izzy getting his chair up on the bed, but not that tray table. 

DWreck and Jill suck.

And if I did have mice, (once we did) I wouldn't brag about it on line... at least till my cat took care of the situation.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If Izzy got there on his own, I will eat my shoe. There is no way. Izzy is a big kid for his age. Folding tables like that are flimsy. There’s nothing to support him while he gets up there. I’m a little under five feet tall and I couldn’t step up on a folding table without help, there’s no way a kid his height could. Also, the way the chair is balanced and pushed down on the padding of the folding table required someone taller to push it down like that, as well as someone stronger. There’s also evidence of understanding how that chair might fall—a three and four year old wouldn’t know that, they’d just put the chair on the table and not push it down. 

This has been a crime scene analysis with Viola Sebastian, Detective, Parenting Crimes Division. *cue Dragnet theme*

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else thought a parent helped Izzy out with this. I can’t see a kid his height being able to lift a chair onto the folding table. And I can’t see a kid his age to being able to center a chair like that. Or for a kid to climb up there without everything collapsing. So I really think Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dumb lifted him up and put him there. The caption that it was Izzy’s idea was probably an attempt to shut up critics because they are too stupid to realize you aren’t supposed to put kids in danger just because they ask. Since it wasn’t their idea, they are clearly great parents /s

2 hours ago, Drala said:

Posting those pictures of the boys posed in precarious positions exemplifies the Derrick Dillard modus operandi of shit-stirring on social media.  The passive-aggressive message I get from the pictures is, "So our critics think we're bad parents? Yeah well, check this out, mutha-fookers."  

To the extent Jill "joyfully" participated in this attention seeking stunt a la D'Weck, I sincerely hope there's a family member or friend who can help her sort through the desperately poor judgment she's demonstrating on social media.  If they weren't professional fundies, I'd wonder if there was some substance abuse going on.  More likely we're looking at signs of extreme immaturity and character pathology.

Yep, he’s either really stupid and immature ( as the headship he gets the primary blame d/t having the leadership  role in their cult), or the most passive aggressive asshole on the planet.

29 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If Izzy got there on his own, I will eat my shoe. There is no way.

Regarding the mouse video and other things/stuff/pics they post, I am just about to believe that they are trying to get clicks for the money. My 5 y.o. grandson watches (with approval and supervision) some of those "families paid by the views" videos on youtube. Some of those families make a lot of money. A lot. They do outrageous things and play mystery games, etc in order to attract viewers. But those videos are nicely shot, planned out and edited, and the end product it appealing to whoever (other 5 y.olds?) is their audience. The Dillards can't manage to take good pics and videos, but I think they are trying to set themselves up with decent income by doing so. I even kind of believe the mouse video was somewhat set-up. I'm not even sure if Jill was 'keeping sweet' or trying to not laugh at how ridiculous it was. And the boys' precarious chair antics were certainly set up.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

These look like "lets let them fall off of these chairs to teach them a lesson" photos. 

Someone earlier in the thread questioned on whether or not we were at peak pathetic or pathetic base camp, I think we're closer to peak now. 

And I'm worried that we're only halfway to peak pathetic.  Parents are supposed to keep their kids safe and redirect them from unwise or unsafe choices.  Derrick and Jill encourage unsafe behavior and think it's funny.  I blame Derick more than Jill, because she's been raised to follow the lead of her headship.  

3 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Regarding the mouse video and other things/stuff/pics they post, I am just about to believe that they are trying to get clicks for the money. My 5 y.o. grandson watches (with approval and supervision) some of those "families paid by the views" videos on youtube. Some of those families make a lot of money. A lot. They do outrageous things and play mystery games, etc in order to attract viewers. But those videos are nicely shot, planned out and edited, and the end product it appealing to whoever (other 5 y.olds?) is their audience. The Dillards can't manage to take good pics and videos, but I think they are trying to set themselves up with decent income by doing so. I even kind of believe the mouse video was somewhat set-up. I'm not even sure if Jill was 'keeping sweet' or trying to not laugh at how ridiculous it was. And the boys' precarious chair antics were certainly set up.

My son loves watching Ryan’s toy review. They have made millions from their YouTube videos. His parents don’t even have jobs. Their job is making those videos.

@Drala I think you’re right. ButI just don’t understand the thought process of, “Oh, people think we’re bad parents? I’ll prove them right!!!” What do they have to gain from that? I can’t comprehend risking a child’s safety to say, “Fuck you, Internet strangers.” Maybe I just can’t understand the thought process because I care about kids and I’m not a dumbass. How is potentially ending up with a child (who trusts you and depends on you for everything) in the hospital worth it? 

Just now, EmmieJ said:

And I'm worried that we're only halfway to peak pathetic.  Parents are supposed to keep their kids safe and redirect them from unwise or unsafe choices.  Derrick and Jill encourage unsafe behavior and think it's funny.  I blame Derick more than Jill, because she's been raised to follow the lead of her headship.  

I was going to say Jill should know better because she spent her life raising her siblings, but then I remembered her parents are dumbasses who laugh at scared children and film them when they get hurt.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My son loves watching Ryan’s toy review. They have made millions from their YouTube videos. His parents don’t even have jobs. Their job is making those videos.

I wonder what will happen in several years when these kids who make their parents millions come of age. Their parents live off that money, buy nice houses, etc. Do they set up trust fund for the kids or do they just act as if it’s all theirs? What kind of pressure does this put on the kid, does the kid know they’re the bread winner? What happens when the kid gets older and is no longer cute or doesn’t want to film anymore? Will the kid get a job when they get older or just want to live off what they earned? There could be legal battles over money, or battles over how this affects their mental health.

And I think a kid just getting free toys could just end up entitled if the parents aren’t careful.

If this is all for click$, wouldn’t it just be easier for one or the other of them to get a paying job? Babysitting, evening cashier, the mall...something, anything?

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If this is all for click$, wouldn’t it just be easier for one or the other of them to get a paying job? Babysitting, evening cashier, the mall...something, anything?

That would also save money on potential ER visits, which would cost more than the money their clicks bring in

If this was for clicks, that's pretty fucking pathetic. Good lord.

Does anyone else find it strange that the first pic on her November 2018 blog post says “Samuel hanging out with Papa at the big house” instead of “at my parents’ house” or “at Grandma and Grandpa’s house”

It really does make it seem like a cult/compound with zero leaving and cleaving going on, which I know is true, but you would think maybe they would at least try to fake it?

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yep, he’s either really stupid and immature ( as the headship he gets the primary blame d/t having the leadership  role in their cult), or the most passive aggressive asshole on the planet.

I assume D'Wreck has input into everything that gets posted in the family blog, but then--as Kathy says-- a lot of assumptions are made about the Dillards.

The more I think about Jill's role in taking those pictures--and the one with Izzy looks totally staged--it seems that Jill is pretty much isolated most of the time with her kids.  It's like she's on their level.  The boys want a climbing adventure? Yaaay, let's do it for the camera.

Sweet Rufus, Jill, if you want to support your kids in active play, take them to a park with a jungle gym where they can safely explore various surfaces and heights and you can stand close by to supervise the climbing activity.  And for gawd's sake, don't be taking pictures when you should be watching out for mishaps!

4 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Does anyone else find it strange that the first pic on her November 2018 blog post says “Samuel hanging out with Papa at the big house” instead of “at my parents’ house” or “at Grandma and Grandpa’s house”

It really does make it seem like a cult/compound with zero leaving and cleaving going on, which I know is true, but you would think maybe they would at least try to fake it?

This I actually understand, because when I was very small my grandparents built their house. While it was under construction, my grandpa would often be on the work site and get minor injuries like cuts, scrapes, stubbed toes etc. So, he jokingly named the house "Ouch" and it stuck - as a family, we always called their house Ouch. If they were still with us and the house was still in our family, I don't doubt that we would talk about going to to their house as "visting Ouch" or something along those lines.

what i think is happening with the chair pic: his hands are hanging down, his head is sort of down, they are only showing him from the back (no face) and no way did the child do that himself. i think he was doing something like trying to climb up into that position and was caught...and this is the punishment. it might be far fetched, but that was the first thing i thought of when i saw it.

I wonder why Jill isn't pictured more with her older siblings. Why wasn't she pictured during sister shopping day while Jinger was in town? It seems like if she posts with her siblings, it's always her buddy team or the young ones. She doesn't seem to have a lot going on aside from the boys and she doesn't live far away, but we rarely see her with Jana or Jessa. 

@HarryPotterFan  I don't think DerJill's impulse to say "fuck you, internet stranger" is a totally conscious thing.  It's more of an unconscious attitude that they take toward their use of social media.  It's most clearly evident with D'Wreck, and Jill more or less goes along with her headship.  She isn't very self-aware, and her judgment is sorely lacking.  For sheer shock value, the picture of  Izzy balanced in a chair on top of a small table reminds me of that horrible pic they posted of him as swaddled  9-month- old baby screaming in distress.  It's like she was saying, "You want to talk about blanket training? See, THIS is how I blanket train my child!"  I suspect Jill is a few tatertots short of a full casserole. 

34 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

what i think is happening with the chair pic: his hands are hanging down, his head is sort of down, they are only showing him from the back (no face) and no way did the child do that himself. i think he was doing something like trying to climb up into that position and was caught...and this is the punishment. it might be far fetched, but that was the first thing i thought of when i saw it.

That was my first thought when I saw Izzy like that. It's some sort of messed up punishment. I wouldn't put it past the Dillards. After the photos they posted of him as a baby in distress being swaddled up. Wouldnt surprise me what else they do when the camera isnt out.

42 minutes ago, Drala said:

The more I think about Jill's role in taking those pictures--and the one with Izzy looks totally staged--it seems that Jill is pretty much isolated most of the time with her kids.

This is something I find weird. They don't live too far from the TTH, do they? Yet it looks like she really is quite isolated from her older siblings and childhood home. She is the Duggar kid I thought would spend her days back at Pa and Ma even after marriage.

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Tray Table: Dear Rufus:  Please save these twits, and their innocent children from themselves.

Hot Chocolate: If the kid is that cold indoors turn the frigging heat on.

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I’m speechless. This is perhaps the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen from these two regarding parenting. And there’s no way Izzy got up there on his own. 

I’m not so sure. My nephew is almost 3 and has been a climber since he started crawling. I could definitely see him finding a way up there like that. That said, my sister and BIL wouldn’t pause to photograph their son in a dangerous situation like that either - so even if Izzy and Sam did get up there on their own it was still dumb to photograph and share it. 

(On an unrelated note, can those of you who pray please pray for his poor parents? He has a six month old brother who looks like he might be following in his footsteps and I feel like they could use the prayers. Lol!)

ETA: I could also see Sam getting up on the chair like that on his own too. He seems to be a bit of a climber/daredevil. It may have taken some time, but I could see him making it happen. 

ETA2: But just to be clear - dumbasses. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I wonder what will happen in several years when these kids who make their parents millions come of age.

I'm rather curious what's going to happen when the kids who watch those kids come of age, and instead of being nostalgic for Lisa Frank and Dunkaroos or whatever, they're like "remember this, 2010s kids?? grown women opening Kinder eggs for 10 minute intervals"

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m not so sure. My nephew is almost 3 and has been a climber since he started crawling. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, kids climb on stuff. But it's typically not considered great to take a photograph and, I'm sure, give some sort of reaction that will encourage them to do it again. All I'm saying is get your kid to safety if you find him climbing in a dangerous place and don't stage photographs that put him in dangerous positions for clicks or to piss off social media. 

Seems like a low bar, but here we are. 

ETA: The photo of Izzy on the chair isn't great, but I don't think I'd find it upsetting. I think the one of Izzy is upsetting and really questionable.

Considering they use Adsense so they don't get paid for people clicking their site, but only get paid if people click the ads FROM their blog, I really think this is more about them being tone deaf morons instead of being provocative. 

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, kids climb on stuff. But it's typically not considered great to take a photograph and, I'm sure, give some sort of reaction that will encourage them to do it again. All I'm saying is get your kid to safety if you find him climbing in a dangerous place and don't stage photographs that put him in dangerous positions for clicks or to piss off social media. 

Seems like a low bar, but here we are. 

ETA: The photo of Izzy on the chair isn't great, but I don't think I'd find it upsetting. I think the one of Izzy is upsetting and really questionable.

There was a second photo of Izzy on the table like that. His head was turned to the side so you saw his profile. I don’t think he looked upset or anything, but it’s tough to tell. 

I’m leaning towards either Izzy doing it himself or one of his parents opting to help him do it, rather than it being a punishment thing. Still a dumbass thing to do, photograph, and share. 

7 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’m trying to figure out how Izzy could have put the chair up there and then climbed up without knocking the tray table over. It doesn’t seem possible. Those photos are scary

It's impossible. He would have no means of climbing into the chair because there was no room for him to get footing on the tray table underneath the chair. He may have come up with the idea of putting the chair on that table, but one of the dimwit "adults" lifted him in. And took a photo. Before he managed to crack his head open.

Sam could get into the office chair on his own, that I don't doubt. But they are morons for not grabbing him instead of going for their phone.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived