IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

I hope they’re not putting their kids in danger just to get clicks!!!  I try hard to think of things to redeem Jill in my own eyes, well not any longer.  Two   unredeemable asshats.  WTF

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do they keep getting worse at social media? Just.....how? It’s like Jill Rodrigues...I cant even fathom how they will possibly go lower from this point, but somehow I know they will. 

Those pictures are crazy, both those boys were at risk and it should never have happened and it certainly should not have been photographed and put online.

Those two are so fucking stupid it is embarrassing. Free Izzy and Sam! Poor wee things, having those two as parents. 

(also why do the kids have a play kitchen? Surely that's a woman's job? Men do not need to learn to cook, they'll get a helpmeet. Are they not afraid it will turn them into, gasp, liberals? The horror!)

4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I hope they’re not putting their kids in danger just to get clicks!!!  I try hard to think of things to redeem Jill in my own eyes, well not any longer.  Two   unredeemable asshats.  WTF

Of course they are.  Jill’s trying to copy Jessa by posting ‘kids say/do the darndest things, har har’ pics, but she is staging them.  The story about Izzy putting diaper cream in his hair was staged too. He managed to get it in his hair without getting any on his hands.

kids and dangerous situations: kids are pretty much fearless and will do all sorts of stupid things (I'm still surprised my boys made it to adulthood). Thing is, 90% of the crazy shit they did was outside where I could see them. When I DID see them, I did not reach for a camera, I reached for the kid. 

cats and mice: my 2 are all big, bad and brave when they see something through a window. Real, up close and personal? Oh no, chickenshit central. You want snuggles, they're your go-to. Pest control? Oh hell no. They get freaked at crickets, birds, leaves, coin wrappers. However, big stupid is the great hunter when it comes to my stuffed animals. He'll drag those fuckers all over the house. Oh well, they provide us hours of entertainment.

I am not sure how to take the video. I think I might be projecting a bit, but I feel really awful for Jill and this reminded me very much of my dad's behavior towards me (though I am not sure he would have filmed it and put it online though). I have to think that if Dwreck filmed this and thought it was fine to "help their image" then what does he say to her in private? What does he think is ok? I know it was mentioned somewhere on FJ recently about teasing people, which I think a lot of their audience would take this as (him just teasing her), but that was the same thing my dad said to me. Is it still teasing if I feel horrible about not just what happened, but the way I was responded to? Is it still teasing if I asked you to stop? (Jill was pretty clear on that one). I am never sure how to feel about Jill.

Those photos are just horrible. I had a daredevil brother that drove my mom crazy trying to keep him safe and even he did not manage to get himself into some of these kinds of things. There is just no way Izzy put that chair up there. How have they not figured out that those kinds of "child-in-potentionally-dangerous-position" stunts never come off in their favor? Poor kids. I worry for Izzy. He is going to end up hurt trying to impress his parents.

1 minute ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I had a daredevil brother that drove my mom crazy trying to keep him safe and even he did not manage to get himself into some of these kinds of things.

I agree with you. Walking the top of the fence, jumping off the garage roof, yes. Climbing on kitchen counters to "help" mama? yes. However, my kids were never in the situations Jill shows her boys in. I mean, they were inventive little shits, fearless too. Yet, they did have some sense of safety and if I had seen that crap in the house, I'd have moved like a wide receiver trying to catch a ball in the end zone. Stupid, parent-led, stunts didn't fly. 

They're both still pretty fearless, but fortunately now, mama has no idea what they're doing. 

5 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

There is just no way Izzy put that chair up there. How have they not figured out that those kinds of "child-in-potentionally-dangerous-position" stunts never come off in their favor? Poor kids. I worry for Izzy. He is going to end up hurt trying to impress his parents.

Exactly, they let him do it for a picture. Any sane parent or person looking after children would grab a child if they are attempting to do stuff. Jill is trying to be Jessa but missing the point, I don't doubt their has been times Spurgeon and Henry have done things that may be a bit dangerous but Jessa and Ben are able to understand that those are not moments for social media. 

I used to watch my cousin after school, she had a condition similar to ADHD and was always climbing things and doing other dangerous things. If any of the family had posted the crazy stuff she did, social services would have probably taken her. She is 22 now we all joke about it now.

1 hour ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Those photos are just horrible. I had a daredevil brother that drove my mom crazy trying to keep him safe and even he did not manage to get himself into some of these kinds of things. There is just no way Izzy put that chair up there. How have they not figured out that those kinds of "child-in-potentionally-dangerous-position" stunts never come off in their favor? Poor kids. I worry for Izzy. He is going to end up hurt trying to impress his parents.

I’m trying to figure out how Izzy could have put the chair up there and then climbed up without knocking the tray table over. It doesn’t seem possible. Those photos are scary

Eeeek! My only experience with kids was as a babysitter but even as a teenager I would've known better! 

I also find it so annoying in her blog pictures that she keeps saying 'our Nepali friend's baby x' over and over. Can't she just be her friend? Not her 'Nepali' friend? Her nationality has no bearing on the pictures so it seems like blatant tokenism. Like if she showed a pic of them all eating traditional Nepali cuisine then maybe it's relevant but not in every.single.caption. 

I probably shouldn't be surprised anymore but I am. 

Posting those pictures of the boys posed in precarious positions exemplifies the Derrick Dillard modus operandi of shit-stirring on social media.  The passive-aggressive message I get from the pictures is, "So our critics think we're bad parents? Yeah well, check this out, mutha-fookers."  

To the extent Jill "joyfully" participated in this attention seeking stunt a la D'Weck, I sincerely hope there's a family member or friend who can help her sort through the desperately poor judgment she's demonstrating on social media.  If they weren't professional fundies, I'd wonder if there was some substance abuse going on.  More likely we're looking at signs of extreme immaturity and character pathology.

These look like "lets let them fall off of these chairs to teach them a lesson" photos. 

Someone earlier in the thread questioned on whether or not we were at peak pathetic or pathetic base camp, I think we're closer to peak now. 

There is something not quite right in both Derick and Jill’s thinking and reasoning. It’s as if they’ve both never had to make a logical decision in their lives. OK we know that Jill’s upbringing was tainted and that she never got the chance to make independent decisions , to form her own opinions, or to make age appropriate choices, but what’s the matter with Dillard? It’s as if the Duggars have a vortex and anyone who enters loses any and all sense of reasoning. 

I don’t know what it is, but it’s not normal. I hope someone is looking out for those kids. And please Rufus, prevent them from having any more. They are like 2, 5 year olds running amok at the circus.

Where is this photo of the chair on a table? I looked on their website and didn't see it.

Every time I see Hannie, I immediately think she should have been Jed’s twin. I swear she and Jed look so much alike it’s crazy. 

44D119E3-0270-4511-9004-64A336DC75BC.jpeg

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’m trying to figure out how Izzy could have put the chair up there and then climbed up without knocking the tray table over. It doesn’t seem possible. Those photos are scary

If Izzy got there on his own, I will eat my shoe. There is no way. Izzy is a big kid for his age. Folding tables like that are flimsy. There’s nothing to support him while he gets up there. I’m a little under five feet tall and I couldn’t step up on a folding table without help, there’s no way a kid his height could. Also, the way the chair is balanced and pushed down on the padding of the folding table required someone taller to push it down like that, as well as someone stronger. There’s also evidence of understanding how that chair might fall—a three and four year old wouldn’t know that, they’d just put the chair on the table and not push it down. 

This has been a crime scene analysis with Viola Sebastian, Detective, Parenting Crimes Division. *cue Dragnet theme*

So in the caption on the site Jill says Izzy came up with the idea with the chair himself. Kids come up with all sorts of crazy ideas doesn't mean you say yes to them. Why I am surprised by this? Seems like an ongoing thing now too.

Re: social media boundaries...its an issue that keeps coming up with a family member. Someone who is super smart, yet lacks a lot of not so common sense. She insists that her posts are set to 'friends only' but are actually public.  Even if it were set to her friends, it doesn't change the fact that some people don't want her posting detailed family stories and info to her page.

Then there's the friend that tags every location she goes to, incluing going out places with her daughters friends. Hellll no would I want her posting to her maxed out 5k "friends" that she's at a certain mall food court with my kid in real time.

I basically gave up FB last year and have been so much happier without it. I still use the messanger app but thats about it. Got rid of some unnecessary stress. 

1 minute ago, bella8050 said:

I basically gave up FB last year and have been so much happier without it. I still use the messanger app but thats about it. Got rid of some unnecessary stress. 

I so agree, I don't even use the messenger app. I gave it up years ago and resent that everyone thinks it is universal. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived