Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jellybean

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Recommended Posts

Unimpressed
Timetostoplurking
13 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

When it comes to mice, if you see one, you have an infestation.  I think they're cute, but they're second on the list of pests I don't ever want to see in my house (the first is bed bugs).

I had a very bad tempered female cat who was a mouse killing machine.  She would walk through a room and I swear would dispatch mice with a swipe of her paw and a sneer on her lips.  She must have been a barn cat in a previous life.

I’m in love with your cat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
Just now, ShopKeeper said:

I adopted a barn cat a couple of years ago, and I swear he is the most useless hunter in all the world. If our house was ever invaded by mice or any other rodent, he would sit on his chair napping while the infestation consumed his people family!:laughing-rolling:

This reminds me of how I just told my mum that I've been thinking about getting a golden retriever. She said, "The great thing about a dog is that they'll bark if anyone comes around the house!" I was like, "A golden retriever, are you kidding me? He'd open the door for them!"

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kangaroo

Oh man my apartment building recently got mice (and I'm on the top floor) and they pushed the socket cover off my tv aerial to get into my place.

I'd hurt my back and couldn't walk or stand without pain, so I was lying on the lounge panicking when I saw them. 

I called my my mum (mostly because I needed her to take me to a doctor) and was crying about the mice. She told my dad "Oh she's hurt her back and can't walk and there are mice in the apartment".

Dad instantly replied, "So the mice are the worst problem, aren't they?" He was right! Hahah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmmieJ
1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

The last time I took my car in for oil service the mechanics found a mouse nest under the bonnet.  Unless they've built one in the last month, there's not one there now.  

I have a friend who had to park her car in her long driveway rather than inside the garage last year (I think she was having work done on the garage - can't remember the exact reason why it wasn't available to her).  Her mechanic discovered that a rodent or rodents had chewed a bunch of wiring in her engine.  The total repair costs were close to $10,000!  It was covered by insurance, but holy cow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PumaLover

I have four cats, and the mice stick to the cabinets and inside the walls where they know the cats can't get to them!! There is one that has been chewing inside the wall by my desk but I can't get to it. We live on 6 acres in the mountains so there is no escaping them! I really need to put up a barn owl nesting box since they are natural pest control.

I feel stupid but I can't find the video on Instagram. I think I'm too old to understand how to use IG. Anyone care to help? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
libgirl2
43 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I have a friend who had to park her car in her long driveway rather than inside the garage last year (I think she was having work done on the garage - can't remember the exact reason why it wasn't available to her).  Her mechanic discovered that a rodent or rodents had chewed a bunch of wiring in her engine.  The total repair costs were close to $10,000!  It was covered by insurance, but holy cow.

I have heard about rodents causing that kind of damage. 

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
On 1/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, theotherelise said:

Sometimes I think people forget that Jim Bob and Michelle actually believe what they preach. They aren't some fully-aware cult leaders trying to make a buck of the naive public. They really believe this is the best way and God-ordained way to build a family and live your life. 

This leaves me scratching my head. I don’t think that either JB or Michelle are unintelligent. They know their  way around a dollar bill, so how is it they think one can support (house, clothe, feed, insure, transport, let alone educate because I know they look on past that) a gaggle of children without jobs or a long term income source? Do they really think that God condones procreating kids that one cannot feed? If not, have they seen manna drop from the sky? Without some nice family member paying their way, how else can JB explain how the Dillards are surviving right now? Doesn’t the Lord help those who help themselves?  Does helping one’s self include helping one’s self to someone else’s money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex
3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They know their  way around a dollar bill, so how is it they think one can support (house, clothe, feed, insure, transport, let alone educate because I know they look on past that) a gaggle of children without jobs or a long term income source? 

I agree that Boob and Meechelle aren't stupid.  However, Boob seems incredibly insecure and has a need for control.  That need likely overrides his common sense.  He probably can't stand the thought of his sons having more education than he does and potentially being more successful, or his daughters marrying someone that won't respect his authoritah (he has varying degrees of control of the current SILs through money).  

While they are definitely not hurting financially now, their way of doing business is unsustainable.  Eventually, the wheels will start falling off.  It will be interesting to watch.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NotQuiteMotY
1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I have a friend who had to park her car in her long driveway rather than inside the garage last year (I think she was having work done on the garage - can't remember the exact reason why it wasn't available to her).  Her mechanic discovered that a rodent or rodents had chewed a bunch of wiring in her engine.  The total repair costs were close to $10,000!  It was covered by insurance, but holy cow.

Squirrels will do that, too. My brother had that experience a couple of years ago, and he still makes strangling motions with his hands if you mention squirrels... 

We had one cat who was, I swear, one of the best mousers in the world. He viewed mice as mobile food and acted accordingly; he caught them, killed them, and ate them. Toward the end he could do it in one movement by just walking by one of the other cats who'd found a mouse to play with! I rather preferred his method to most cats' torturing the poor things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nst

i spent september - october dealing with one mouse in my house with my tenants.  they claimed they could hear mice chewing through the walls...the pest control people came - installed traps and things to kill it, and low and behold weeks later another smell occurred, and a single mouse died in the ceiling of a basement apartment, when my guy opened up the area it was a square area of the ceiling of a basement suite, the dead mouse fell out of the ceiling....needless to say i took pictures....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bella8050

The video is not in the regular feed/profile section for those looking for it, look up at the top section accounts you follow that have stories or live videos will be up there and are only there for 24 hrs.

Watching now...hmm is this just Jill unscripted or maybe they gave her some laughing gas at the dentist.

Had mice for a short time when I was still living at home. We had two cats who had zero interest in them. We also would get crickets in the house at the end of summer, the first year one cat loved it and she had herself a good snack anytime she saw one. The ones that came in the summers after must have not been tasty cause she ended up batting at them a few times and then walking away.

So Wreck says in this video they love all creatures unless it comes down to self defense, so I guess the sledding incident was a retaliatory move. 🙄  Now go find the mouse so Jill can cook and do your laundry. 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
ViolaSebastian
2 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I have four cats, and the mice stick to the cabinets and inside the walls where they know the cats can't get to them!! There is one that has been chewing inside the wall by my desk but I can't get to it. We live on 6 acres in the mountains so there is no escaping them! I really need to put up a barn owl nesting box since they are natural pest control.

I feel stupid but I can't find the video on Instagram. I think I'm too old to understand how to use IG. Anyone care to help? LOL

If you go to her Instagram page, there'll be a photograph of Jill and Derrick in the shape of a circle on the upper left-hand side. If you click on the circle, the video will start. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MiddleAgedLady

I just watched the video and Derick is just a jerk. Obviously, Jill was frightened/shocked/nervous about the mouse and he just makes light of it and teases her. He has no compassion or empathy for her experience or feelings. 

Edited by MiddleAgedLady
To add to the post and riffles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

Towel rack incident

Mouse incident 

Poor Jill. Was she under the influence of something? 

Yes, we all hate rodents roaming in our kitchen. Now pull up your panties and move on. Wonder where the boys were?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
Carm_88

For every one mouse you see, there are 5. That number that has stuck with me since I lived in an apartment that was mouse infested. It was not fun to live with the dread of having a mouse pop out from everywhere. I have no issue killing mice, that is why there are cats. I had bloody Sunday last Fall when one of my cats murdered a mouse and dragged the blood all along the floor and baseboards. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryPotterFan

I do have some sympathy for Jill being freaked out. Once my cat caught a mouse and was playing with it, and then the mouse escaped and ran towards me. I ran away screaming for my cat to save me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

Pest service...you’re welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
ViolaSebastian
2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Pest service...you’re welcome. 

I know, right? If I saw a mouse in my kitchen, my first thought would be to call the landlord to get a pest control service out. Killing it myself would be way down at the bottom of the list. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellybean
15 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

For every one mouse you see, there are 5. That number that has stuck with me since I lived in an apartment that was mouse infested. It was not fun to live with the dread of having a mouse pop out from everywhere. I have no issue killing mice, that is why there are cats. I had bloody Sunday last Fall when one of my cats murdered a mouse and dragged the blood all along the floor and baseboards. 

Good work cat, but ewww on the Bloody Sunday mess!

Your point about there being many more mice than you see is a good one. I don’t think anyone has mentioned yet (and I don’t know if US mice are the same as British mice in this regard, or others) but mice urinate pretty much constantly as they walk around. They are not sweet, clean creatures in your home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
Carm_88
5 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Your point about there being many more mice than you see is a good one. I don’t think anyone has mentioned yet (and I don’t know if US mice are the same as British mice in this regard, or others) but mice urinate pretty much constantly as they walk around. They are not sweet, clean creatures in your home. 

No they are not clean. My roommates and I went away for a weekend, came back and the counter was full of mouse crap. We had an infestation, but obviously, it starts with a couple of mice. The see one for every five mice they are came from the health inspector who deemed the apartment unsafe to live in, getting us out of our lease.  

I feel for Jill. I'm personally not bothered by mice all that much now, but the fear of where they are and what they are doing really sinks in. After that first mouse you don't relax for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
twoandthrough
51 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

I just watched the video and Derick is just a jerk. Obviously, Jill was frightened/shocked/nervous about the mouse and he just makes light of it and teases her. He has no compassion or empathy for her experience or feelings. 

I agree. I felt so awkward watching that moment that she very clearly did not want filmed... and the fact that he was streaming it LIVE on HER account without her knowledge... such a dick move. Not cool at all. I do feel bad for Jill for that. 

  • Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Audrey2

I do not do rodents, especially the beady eyed bastards (rats and mice). Give me a snake, an insect, or a spider any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarleyQuinn

Derick is a massive asshole. Who takes a video of their wife, who is clearly distressed about this and puts it on the internet? It doesn't make anyone look good. They were already enough comments about how gross their house looks and now they have mice running around? They will do anything for attention.'

ETA: The video is on reddit if anyone wants to watch

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuggarsSnark/comments/aenj97/ive_got_a_doozy_of_a_dillard_video_for_all_you/

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LuckyShot
1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

No they are not clean. My roommates and I went away for a weekend, came back and the counter was full of mouse crap. We had an infestation, but obviously, it starts with a couple of mice. The see one for every five mice they are came from the health inspector who deemed the apartment unsafe to live in, getting us out of our lease.  

I feel for Jill. I'm personally not bothered by mice all that much now, but the fear of where they are and what they are doing really sinks in. After that first mouse you don't relax for a while. 

Not only do they pee and poop everywhere, they also carry diseases. I would be especially concerned if I had little kids like Jill does. We have deer mice here, and they carry hantavirus, which is deadly to humans. I'm not afraid of mice, but I get why some people are, and I would be worried if I found one in my house. Fortunately I have four outdoor cats and a dog who likes to hunt rodents, so we rarely find mice on our farm, even in our outbuildings.

When I was much younger I found a single rat in my apartment. It scared the shit out of me. I think it must have been an escaped pet, because of the coloring. Unfortunately it got into some mouse poison that my landlord had put out and I had to put it out of its misery. I was trying to trap it so I could take it to animal control, but it was incredibly smart and figured out the traps I set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlanticTug

It's gross. If my husband recorded this and posted it online I'd go postal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×