IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

I think People calculated they would get more clicks from the awful reveal.  I’m sure many looked for it to see for themselves the total ridiculousness of a baby reveal with a 2T outfit from a thrift store and unwashed Derrick with a hat on for comic relief.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m surprised that they haven’t done any newborn baby photos with the baby in a cowboy hat crying hysterically 

Also when did Derdick become best dad ever instead of best papa ever? Are they giving up on the whole pretending to speak Spanish thing?

7 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I just saw recently that rumor has it that pickle juice is the secret of Chik Fil A's chicken: https://www.thekitchn.com/the-secret-to-chick-fil-as-super-juicy-chicken-is-in-your-pantry-227382 .

I have tried marinading chicken with pickle juice and it actually turned out great. In fact I'm making fried chicken tomorrow and I'll be marinading it with pickle juice ( I will be making the chick fil A coleslaw (found the recipe on reddit).

I marinate flank and skirt steak in a variety of spices and the juice from pickled Italian style peppers. They always turn out beautifully. If I'm feeling fancy I stuff the flank steak with cheese sauteed mushrooms caramelized onions parsley and some of the chopped pickled hot peppers... So good especially with a bearnaise made with some of the pepper juice.

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

I will be making the chick fil A coleslaw

Well feel free to post the link or recipe   :)

There are over 400,000 children in foster care right this moment and over 100,000 available for adoption right now. That doesn't include children who really need to be in foster care, but there are no foster homes available and so their overworked caseworkers try to keep an eye on them and hope nothing bad happens. 

Now, how many Americans are pro-life or anti-abortion? Until thoese people step up and walk their fucking talk, they can shut the hell up. 

Re "every child has a right to be born" - odd how that belief doesn't extend to fighting for universal free healthcare in the US for pregnant women at least, to avoid complications, miscarriage, and picking up on conditions that, if not dealt with in the womb, can cause death.   Or at the least, to free hospital birth so families (like the Duggars!) don't put their babies at risk by having homebirths without medical supervision.  Or paid maternity leave, so women who are having difficult pregnancies don't have to choose between working through problems, or not paying their bills. 

(When my mum was pregnant with me, she had severe pre-eclampsia, and was hospitalised for a few weeks, before I was induced early and delivered with forceps.  Because I was born in the UK, my mum started her maternity leave early, and wasn't bankrupted by the costs of the hospital stay, and we both survived.)

Jill shared a closeup of the books via her story because people were asking:

B91BD632-31EA-4CF8-A7DE-13BB69BF2972.thumb.png.8d9e088de8fa8ab6d5f89a827a4645b7.png

There are definitely religious books there, but there’s secular ones as well. I can see Paddington Bear and The Very Hungry Caterpillar, as well as a few others. 

I keep forgetting about that whack gender reveal. Someone at People's accounting office had to be pissed when they found out that's what they paid for. 

8 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Well feel free to post the link or recipe   :)

I hope I have attached the file properly - if it does not work let me know and I'll write out the recipe (side note: we had the cole slaw already and it is really tasty - so good that we've decided that this is now our go to coleslaw recipe)

xo8pu7zwikb21.jpg

8 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

There are over 400,000 children in foster care right this moment and over 100,000 available for adoption right now. That doesn't include children who really need to be in foster care, but there are no foster homes available and so their overworked caseworkers try to keep an eye on them and hope nothing bad happens. 

Now, how many Americans are pro-life or anti-abortion? Until thoese people step up and walk their fucking talk, they can shut the hell up. 

There are two horrific cases of adopted girls in Iowa who were starved to death by their adoptive "parents". One case Sabrina Ray is excessively tragic her adoptive mother, father, grandmother, and a couple other family members were charged with her horrific abuse and neglect.  I would say this poor child would have fared better being aborted than being born. This is also a good reason to NOT allow home school or having it heavily monitored, this little soul slipped through every crack in the system. 

Trigger warning, severe child abuse, only click the link if you have a strong stomach. 

19 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Probably not. After all, they would NEVER MURDER!!!1! their PRECIOUS BABIES like those heathens, they'd just suffer and die OR make the baby suffer and die OR raise them in complete squalor and starvation because that's the GODLY way rather than, you know, being responsible at any level. And EVERYONE should know that!!! 

Yeah, I think I'm hitting my limit with these fundie posts about what a tragedy it is that a woman can get medical care or prevent her child's suffering.

Many of my FB super Christian friends are flipping out like crazy...... Posting pictures of cute little babies saying "now you can murder me"l My best friend's husband is now predicting our society will allow the murder of children up to the age of 2. Where are they when we see stories of children kept in detention places at the border? When one little girl died, many said "parent's fault". 

17 hours ago, browngrl said:

I have tried marinading chicken with pickle juice and it actually turned out great. In fact I'm making fried chicken tomorrow and I'll be marinading it with pickle juice ( I will be making the chick fil A coleslaw (found the recipe on reddit).

I have a co-worker that swears by it. 

10 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

If they are so avid to stop abortion, help the mother, make sure the father steps up to the plate, provide good healthcare before and AFTER the child is born. And if the mother cannot care for a child, adopt the child(ren). So many are so gung ho to make sure that baby is born, but when it is, they could care less. Abortion is not a nice thing, I personally would never do it, but I wouldn't outlaw it either. If you want it gone, than you better step up and do something for a solution. 

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

I hope I have attached the file properly - if it does not work let me know and I'll write out the recipe (side note: we had the cole slaw already and it is really tasty - so good that we've decided that this is now our go to coleslaw recipe)

xo8pu7zwikb21.jpg

This is very similar to my coleslaw, except I never measure.  I just eyeball it and taste it until the flavor of the dressing is how I like it.  Instead of grated carrot, I slice grapes in half and toss those in.  I also prefer to chop fresh organic cabbage because it's a bit more tender.  It's so good on a hot summer day.

It’s a complex topic, but here are my three main issues with being anti-choice that I feel are often not discussed. 

1) If your goal is to reduce the number of abortions, then reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies via unrestricted access to birth control and sex education would be much more effective than criminalizing abortion. And yet, fundies/conservatives do not support either of these things. Making it illegal does not eliminate abortions. It makes them unsafe and difficult to access, particularly for people without means. Some of the highest rates of abortions are in countries where it is illegal. 

2) As others have said, if you care about children and families, then you should support a living wage, generous parental leave policies, a social safety net, universal healthcare. Again, fundies/conservatives do not support these positions. Countries that have these policies in place (i.e. Scandinavian countries) have some of the lowest rates of abortion partly because there are fewer barriers to raising and properly caring for a child.

3) A fetus does not exist on its own. It requires another person’s body to grow and live. Regardless of when you think life begins, it is a human rights violation to force someone to use their body against their will to keep another person alive. If you had a brother who needed a bone marrow transplant to survive, and you were the only match, you might willingly and gladly do it, other people might think you were a horrible person if you didn’t, but can you imagine if you were legally mandated to donate to him?? It would never happen! People would be up in arms about human rights violations. Which is exactly what forced gestation of an unwanted pregnancy is. 

The religious pro-birth movement is often motivated in equal parts by a need for an excuse to engage in smug bloviation/virtue signaling and a desire to punish or set down those who did not live life according to the prescribed method.    

The greatest fear of these people is NOT that a woman will get an abortion, but that a woman who engages in sexual activity will not be punished for her sin.  Or even worse, that she will be able to move on and move forward WITHOUT the man being able to forcibly hold her back.  

Or the worst of all: that they might lose all justification for the damage they do to their own children with their asinine purity culture.  That their own children might make their own choices regarding their sex lives if not prevented by fear from straying from the prescribed path.

Who opposes abortion in America?  In large part, those who would lose a lot of their power, moral superiority, or control if giving women total control over their bodies was normalized.  That's not everyone, and I know there are many personal dissenters on here.  But OVERALL, if you look at the movement, that's a very large chunk and most (if not all) of the leadership.

With the kerfuffle over the Covington Catholic boys last weekend I was thinking about more useful ways men and boys who don't like abortions could work to lessen the need for them.  (Because my knee-jerk response was that it's completely none of their business at all and how disrespectful is it to bring a busload of high school boys to a pro-life march... but okay, let's say the other side really does feel from their hearts that life begins at conception and that for some reason their deity is calling them to protest this.)  

So... thought #1 - all of the boys should first be vowing not to ever get anyone pregnant before they are ready to be parents together.  That means not only no unprotected sex, it also means no PIV sex at all until marriage or until you are in a long-term committed relationship because of the small risk that your bc fails.  It means no sex with someone that isn't a long term committed partner that you would be okay parenting with.  It means no side pieces after marriage.   Maybe in general the Duggar-type fundies are doing okay on this end (with a few exceptions like Josh) but I'm sure a good chunk of those Covington kids are not going to be this strict.  

Anyway, I was also trying to think about how to make a law that would make it the man's problem for an unwanted pregnancy.  I'm not serious about this, but what about something like, abortion stays legal.  It comes with a mandatory vasectomy for the father, unless the abortion was because of a health condition of the fetus or the mother.   Basically, some way to hugely incentivize (some deadbeat) men to care a whole lot more about using condoms than they currently do. 

On 1/25/2019 at 7:06 AM, VelociRapture said:

Jill shared a closeup of the books via her story because people were asking:

B91BD632-31EA-4CF8-A7DE-13BB69BF2972.thumb.png.8d9e088de8fa8ab6d5f89a827a4645b7.png

There are definitely religious books there, but there’s secular ones as well. I can see Paddington Bear and The Very Hungry Caterpillar, as well as a few others. 

Sorry, I'm still distracted by that confederate flag book. Hard pass. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:59 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Jeremy I can somewhat understand because they're still on the show so that's probably where they get their money but the Dillards literally have their blog, which they only run with Adsense that can't possibly be making them that much money.  JB has to be bankrolling them.

maybe Dwreck has sorta "blackmailed" JB into supporting them financially, after the whole botched homebirth + TLC banning ordeal. Money in exchange for silence. The Duggars have already weathered Josh's massive scandal which cost them large part of their steady source of income. Another scandal, and the offshoot show wouldn't survive. Sweaty little Dwreck is malicious enough to understand that.

16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Sorry, I'm still distracted by that confederate flag book. Hard pass. 

I don't see it, can you tell me where to look?

1 hour ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I don't see it, can you tell me where to look?

I felt like I was playing “Where’s Waldo?” but I finally found it!!

0CA63CD1-34F2-46A1-BB2D-21FDBD86FD42.thumb.png.6bdb0579ec92dde71593f5dca593326e.png

Find the Paddington bear book then look at the book immediately to the right (right above the farm book.) I’m pretty sure that’s what @HarleyQuinnnoticed. I have no clue what book that is, but I’m not really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I felt like I was playing “Where’s Waldo?” but I finally found it!!

0CA63CD1-34F2-46A1-BB2D-21FDBD86FD42.thumb.png.6bdb0579ec92dde71593f5dca593326e.png

Find the Paddington bear book then look at the book immediately to the right (right above the farm book.) I’m pretty sure that’s what @HarleyQuinnnoticed. I have no clue what book that is, but I’m not really willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Me either, fuck that noise. Thanks for finding it, I couldn't find it either.

Re the Covington Catholic boys: well, if there's one thing Pope Benedict XVI taught us, it's that sociopathic Catholic boys who dabble in fascism can certainly have a bright and powerful future ahead of them. They'd have to remain celibate, but with their sparkling personalities, they're more than equipped for that challenge. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived