IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

Cross Church is still a basic SBC church where birth control and public school for the kids would be the norm.  They'll also have plenty of the Sunday morning Christian contingent like cousin Amy who drinks when she pleases, has sex outside marriage, and dresses to suit herself. 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I've seen the Dereck went to law school to intimidate JB/get all the duggar moneys for Jill/do who knows what to get revenge on the Duggars. Theory a few times, and maybe I'm just over thinking but I just can't make it fit. 

JB is a terrible person. But he has enough business savvy that they made it this far, and for the show to have lasted this long/been reborn they must have access to some legal counsel/the ability to find counsel. 

I don't see Dwreck's purpose in going to law school as getting back at JB either.   It might be to get out from under JB meaning he earns enough money to not rely on him, that makes sense.    I think JB is shrewd enough to get decent legal counsel when needed and has done so.   

JB strikes me as someone who is not that intimidated, least of all his son-in-law.   

And if Dwreck is going so he can make enough money to be completely independent of the Duggars financially, it's possible that had he stuck with his corporate job at Walmart, he might be making enough income by now (whether at Walmart or built on that experience to move into another job elsewhere) so he wouldn't be relying on his father in law.  His big problem, IMHO, is that he doesn't stick with anything long enough.  He will have to persevere long term to earn a law degree and so far we haven't seen him do that.   

Sometimes I think people forget that Jim Bob and Michelle actually believe what they preach. They aren't some fully-aware cult leaders trying to make a buck of the naive public. They really believe this is the best way and God-ordained way to build a family and live your life. 

SOMEONE is support the Dullard's, my guess is a combo of JB & Cathy, one is paying for school the other their living expenses. 

And yeah, I think most of us thought that Derick was going to be the real catch here. Turns out of all the Sons-in-law I think only Austin isn't being at least partially supported by JB.  They may be getting a bit of help from HIS parents, but I don't think Terry Forsyth, for a second, would want his son, or anyone in his family to be indebted to JB Duggar for ANYTHING. 

Jeremy has to be getting money from somewhere, that little church isn't affording him all that travel they do, and considering he is gone at least 2 weeks out of every month it seems why would they pay him at all. I think those 3 fly more than airline pilots, they are NEVER at home.  

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Sometimes I think people forget that Jim Bob and Michelle actually believe what they preach. They aren't some fully-aware cult leaders trying to make a buck of the naive public. They really believe this is the best way and God-ordained way to build a family and live your life. 

Yep, and a really good indicator of that was when they went on TV to defend their actions after Joshgate 1.0 broke.  They really believed that "it was all taken of" and they did all the right things.   There was absolutely no sign of realizing that maybe they made mistakes and should have handled things differently even in the face of public outrage and repercussions.   

12 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I think it could be both. Someone like Jim Jones seems to have started out believing what he was saying. But that almost made him more dangerous because then anything he did would be justified by the absolute righteousness of his positions, including abusing his followers and conning them out of their money. So JB and Michelle genuinely believe all the bullshit that ushers forth from their mouths, but also know what they have to do to keep their brand alive.

My take on the Josh situation and the attempt to cover it up was that they did know it was wrong and they did know it would potentially derail their brand. If I recall correctly, he got send to Jesus camp right around the filming of one of the specials, and you can see he still has his shaved head in a few scenes. I think they believed that sending him to Jesus camp and having him self-flagellate in that way was the godly way to go about it, while also taking steps to make sure the public wouldn't find out so they could keep their squeaky-clean image by going to a friend in the police department and never pressing actual charges.

I guess there is just something so sinister about the Duggars (and the Bates, to an extent, though they so far have not had similar skeletons spill out of their closets) because they do believe what they're saying, but they also know exactly how to sell it to people to convince them (emphasis on "con") that fundamentalism is actually just dandy because look at their pretty daughters and handsome sons and adorable grandchildren! You could have that life too, if you were more like them! 

16 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

SOMEONE is support the Dullard's, my guess is a combo of JB & Cathy, one is paying for school the other their living expenses. 

And yeah, I think most of us thought that Derick was going to be the real catch here. Turns out of all the Sons-in-law I think only Austin isn't being at least partially supported by JB.  They may be getting a bit of help from HIS parents, but I don't think Terry Forsyth, for a second, would want his son, or anyone in his family to be indebted to JB Duggar for ANYTHING. 

Jeremy has to be getting money from somewhere, that little church isn't affording him all that travel they do, and considering he is gone at least 2 weeks out of every month it seems why would they pay him at all. I think those 3 fly more than airline pilots, they are NEVER at home.  

Jeremy I can somewhat understand because they're still on the show so that's probably where they get their money but the Dillards literally have their blog, which they only run with Adsense that can't possibly be making them that much money.  JB has to be bankrolling them.

4 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

You could have that life too, if you were more like them! 

The Duggars have the stench of prosperity preachers. They have a true rags-to-riches story. Their family went from a small home filled with children that were probably borderline starving to a mansion with enough land to house all of their children and their offspring. That's how they draw people in. They can say, "Look at where we came from. Follow our steps to be blessed as much as we have been blessed. Our success is proof that we are living a life pleasing to God!"

That's why I believe Jill in particular looks so unhappy so often. She behaved exactly how they told her to and her life isn't too great - of course we only have selected glimpses, but I think we can agree her life isn't ideal. Her husband surprised a lot of us, and probably her too. Her pregnancies/deliveries haven't gone the way she expected or intended. Her family is surely struggling financially and must be supported by her parents. She followed the rules she was given with a guarantee her life was going to turn out peachy keen and it hasn't. She has to show off her #busthusbandever to convince herself that her strict dedication to her religious beliefs has rewarded her or else a major crisis of faith will occur, if it hasn't already.

Speaking of Jill’s bad decisions regarding birth.  I wonder how Derrick will handle a malpractice class in law school?  I gotta think he might wonder about his children’s births and Jill’s lack of proper care.  (I’m assuming he will have a class like this in law school, I really don’t know the curriculum).  

@clueliss,  the organization you were thinking of in your previous post is the American Center for Law and Justice.  The ACLJ was started by Pat Robertson and is headed by Jay Sekulow.

ETA: The ONLY thing the ACLU, of which I am proud to be a card-carrying member, and the ACLJ is the word American in the name.

2 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Speaking of Jill’s bad decisions regarding birth.  I wonder how Derrick will handle a malpractice class in law school?  I gotta think he might wonder about his children’s births and Jill’s lack of proper care.  (I’m assuming he will have a class like this in law school, I really don’t know the curriculum).  

Probably not. It’s a specialty and would be an upper-level elective if it’s offered at all. 

51 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@QuiverFullofBooks, don't they have a class in torts as part of the standard curriculum in law school? 

I"m not QFB but a basic torts class wouldn't really cover medical malpractice. There are a million well known cases of negligence that are much better teachables than something like medical malpractice which almost always requires a lot of expert testimony to establish what is the accepted norm and so on. Aside from that I don't get the sense that there was any indication of medical malpractice at all. More their own idiocy and hubris.

And we don't know what happened with Sam - it may have been something that she had no control over and didn't contribute to (even if she was negligent in going to the hospital late).

My sense would be that they'd "pray on it" and decide to wait to have kids until Derick is finishing law school. With the idea being to pump out 2-3 very quickly at that time so that Izzy/Sam have each other and this new batch has each other. Except this would be what sentient beings do. Seeing as how this is the Dillards, I fully expect Jill to be pregnant in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

I think it's going to be a combination of how jealous/envious Jill is of Jessa getting the third baby vs whatever the residual effects are of two emergent sections and complications with Sam.  At least on Jill's part, I don't think Derick being in law school will occur to her as a reason to wait unless Derick makes a big deal about it.  Derick may find it convenient to use it as a three year excuse for no more babies and then find the too busy as a new lawyer reason for further delay.  

Jill and Derick jumped on Instagram to do a live video about Jill seeing a mouse run across her foot. Jill is incoherent and baby talking/slurring her words to the point that she reminds me of Priscilla Waller.

Derick goes on a long screed about how they love all God's creatures and they wouldn't kill the mouse if they didn't have to, but if someone's an extreme mouse-lover they can put the mouse in a box and send it to their house. One of their followers then says 'Hello from Mexico' and Jill and Derick trade a few phrases in Spanish before signing off.

Oh, and Derick gives us a glimpse into their backyard where there is a fire pit, two lawn chairs, and a rocking horse. The rocking horse is Sam's, and according to Derick he loves it and will just sit there all day staring at the fire, except not really, because they usually don't have the fire going all day.

Seriously, just watch it.

It's very nice to love all God's creatures, but rodents (especially mice) are serious problems in homes, and not something Jill and Derick should just tolerate.  If they've seen a mouse, it may not be alone, and if not, they need to be actioning that ASAP.  Not only are mice health and safety risks, especially for crawling infants, they can also cause thousands of damage to homes and be the cause of house fires by chewing wiring.  

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

It's very nice to love all God's creatures, but rodents (especially mice) are serious problems in homes, and not something Jill and Derick should just tolerate.  If they've seen a mouse, it may not be alone, and if not, they need to be actioning that ASAP.  Not only are mice health and safety risks, especially for crawling infants, they can also cause thousands of damage to homes and be the cause of house fires by chewing wiring.  

I couldn't get a real sense of what they were planning on doing about it. It seemed like they were going to kill it (the right answer - sorry, but it needs to happen for all the reasons you mentioned) but then they started talking about putting it outside. But then Derick showed their backyard, which backed onto some fields and trees, and was talking about how it would be useless because there were probably hundreds of mice running around out there. So... I still have no idea what they're actually planning to do with it. They'll probably set traps and kill them, but just didn't want a bunch of angry comments about it on their live Instagram video. Hopefully.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I couldn't get a real sense of what they were planning on doing about it. It seemed like they were going to kill it (the right answer - sorry, but it needs to happen for all the reasons you mentioned) but then they started talking about putting it outside. But then Derick showed their backyard, which backed onto some fields and trees, and was talking about how it would be useless because there were probably hundreds of mice running around out there. So... I still have no idea what they're actually planning to do with it. They'll probably set traps and kill them, but just didn't want a bunch of angry comments about it on their live Instagram video. Hopefully.

I'd say "get a cat" for most people, but I don't want any Duggar near a relatively defenseless animal.

The video isnt available any more to my knowledge and limited IG abilities. Please tell me someone grabbed it before they took it down.

3 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I'd say "get a cat" for most people, but I don't want any Duggar near a relatively defenseless animal.

There was mention of needing to get a cat, but they didn't dwell on it, thank God. The last person who needs to own a cat is Derick 'let me try to run over this cat on my sled' Dillard. 

In old English folklore cats are witches' familiars, and they also have a king and they all conspire with each other and have each other's backs. I like to think that the cats are plotting their revenge against Derick and he knows it.

2 minutes ago, NotAnIncubator said:

The video isnt available any more to my knowledge and limited IG abilities. Please tell me someone grabbed it before they took it down.

It's still there. It's in her Instagram story. After the one about going to the orthodontist.

"At first I thought it was a scorpion, but then I remembered we aren't in El Salvador anymore."

"I learned about that in Criminal Law this semester."

Love how in a totally spontaneous, casual "aren't we fun!" Instagram Live, Derick has to make sure everyone remembers that he lived in El Salvador and is currently in law school. His life is just SO impressive, y'all. #eyeroll 

My previous two cats didn't catch their first mouse until one of them was about 12 and the other was not that much younger.  They'd always been indoors-only cats and they'd never had the chance before.  A cat who preceded them was a good small-critter-catcher.  Usually she dispatched her prey, but there were two times when she brought a live chipmunk in and let it go.  We caught one soon after she let it go in the kitchen, but it took a month and the assistance of an older cat who was not as spry as she used to be to catch the other one.

The last time I took my car in for oil service the mechanics found a mouse nest under the bonnet.  Unless they've built one in the last month, there's not one there now.  

When it comes to mice, if you see one, you have an infestation.  I think they're cute, but they're second on the list of pests I don't ever want to see in my house (the first is bed bugs).

I had a very bad tempered female cat who was a mouse killing machine.  She would walk through a room and I swear would dispatch mice with a swipe of her paw and a sneer on her lips.  She must have been a barn cat in a previous life.

Based on what we know, I think Jill has waited a sufficient time after Sam’s birth for a safe and healthy pregnancy to physically happen. Not sure on the mental or emotional side of things, AND in terms of the financial part of the equation, I don’t think any unemployed couple should be actively trying to procreate more mouths to feed. IMO, that is a totally irresponsible decision.

I adopted a barn cat a couple of years ago, and I swear he is the most useless hunter in all the world. If our house was ever invaded by mice or any other rodent, he would sit on his chair napping while the infestation consumed his people family!:laughing-rolling:

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived