IGNORED

Dillards 72: Peak Pathetic

Jellybean

4 minutes ago, Someone Out There said:

If we want to talk about mouse plagues I have a couple of videos for you from South Australia... (I would not suggest watching either of these if you are squeamish about mice, or for that matter eating...).

Ewww, at least Trump Rat is a one-shot (maybe two) event.  

The videos are indeed interesting. Thank you for sharing!

::Off to research why it happens at 10 year intervals:: 

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ALM7 said:

Ewww, at least Trump Rat is a one-shot (maybe two) event.  

The videos are indeed interesting. Thank you for sharing!

::Off to research why it happens at 10 year intervals:: 

It would have something to do with the frequency of decent rain.  There is a reason that Adelaide is essentially the only major city in South Australia and that is because of water.

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If Izzy got there on his own, I will eat my shoe. There is no way. Izzy is a big kid for his age. Folding tables like that are flimsy. There’s nothing to support him while he gets up there. I’m a little under five feet tall and I

i picture you 6ft and blonde. 

I am 5'4 but i appear as an amazon blonde woman in my brain 

:D

2 hours ago, nst said:

i picture you 6ft and blonde. 

I am 5'4 but i appear as an amazon blonde woman in my brain 

:D

Honey, if you want me to be 6 foot and blonde, you go right ahead believing that. :my_biggrin:

In regards of when to step in if you see a child in potential danger...what do you do if the child is not only in danger of hurting themselves but also others around them?

Been through this several times...once at a restaurant with a kid swingng on the banister almost landing straight into my table head first..went on repeatedly for several minutes...my date and I decided on speaking to the waiter about it but the kid stopped before we could grab their attention.  

Another time was in the grocery store and got ramped into by a kid speeding around with a cart that he couldn't even see over. I didn't blame him, just his mom who never looked up while off in a side aisle with a stroller. Happened twice in two different sections of the store, Mom had zero fucks to give.  I had many but couldn't find a way to calmy articulate them. 

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

*snip*

However, if this is the case, would DD take the car to be parked in a lot all day leaving Jill and the kids without easy transportation? 

Yes, yes he would. Ok I don't know that for sure, but my ex husband did this to me. We had one car, he had a bus ticket as part of his tuition (you can't opt out). He would take the car and be gone all day because he HAD to study in the library afterwards (to point out he was in Uni, I was in my last year (exam year) of other schooling and had a child that was toddler age). I asked if I could have the car once a week on day my son had gymnastics and I could do the grocery shopping other errands and be quicker going back and forth to and from school and picking up said kid, basically be a lot more productive on that week day (I usually used my bike and bike trailer for the kid). He looked at me like I was crazy and said no, it took him far too long to get to Uni from our house and I just needed to suck it up. I had not taken the bus to the Uni and had no interest in trying to find out which one and what not at the time. Later I went to the same Uni from the same neighborhood and found out it was actually only one bus, directly there, 20 minutes tops. So yeah I totally believe Derdick would leave Jill to attempt to handle all that with no car. Also I was fortunate at the time to live in a bike friendly area, but I grew up in AR and most of it is not bike friendly at all, especially in the summer.

I would be really pissed off if an adult leaped in to admonish my child/ren (who FWIW are 4 and 18 months). If they are careening towards open traffic, then yes, of course, grab my toddler so they don’t get hit by a car. But if my kid is climbing on an office chair, you can wind your neck in. Say to me “hey, is your son alright on that chair? It looks a bit unsteady”, and I will either say “oh shit, thanks very much!” if my kid is in danger; or I will say “don’t worry, he does that every day, I am comfortable that he can manage his own risk”, because, well, I know my child’s capabilities, and you don’t. About to make a mess? Unless they’re going to tip it on you or your child/your stuff, you can leave well alone.

If either of my kids were building a setup similar to Israel’s little chair stand, I would be close and spot her/him climbing up. I would catch them if they fell. But I wouldn’t prevent them from doing it, as gross motor skills and learning about stability, safety, and their own risk evaluation is important. I don’t know if Jill or Derick did that, so am refraining from commenting on that picture. 

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Honey, if you want me to be 6 foot and blonde, you go right ahead believing that. :my_biggrin:

i picture SP with really tight red curls and 5'6 :D

Since we’re talking about how we imagine posters to look irl, I just wanted to mention I picture every single poster in Harry Potter glasses. I have no idea why, I just do. Even if your avatar has no glasses on, I add them in my mind.  @HarleyQuinn looks by far the best in them. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

Oh my, wrong and wrong. 5’3 with enhanced dark blonde hair-

5 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Yes, yes he would. Ok I don't know that for sure, but my ex husband did this to me. We had one car, he had a bus ticket as part of his tuition (you can't opt out). He would take the car and be gone all day because he HAD to study in the library afterwards (to point out he was in Uni, I was in my last year (exam year) of other schooling and had a child that was toddler age). I asked if I could have the car once a week on day my son had gymnastics and I could do the grocery shopping other errands and be quicker going back and forth to and from school and picking up said kid, basically be a lot more productive on that week day (I usually used my bike and bike trailer for the kid). He looked at me like I was crazy and said no, it took him far too long to get to Uni from our house and I just needed to suck it up. I had not taken the bus to the Uni and had no interest in trying to find out which one and what not at the time. Later I went to the same Uni from the same neighborhood and found out it was actually only one bus, directly there, 20 minutes tops. So yeah I totally believe Derdick would leave Jill to attempt to handle all that with no car. Also I was fortunate at the time to live in a bike friendly area, but I grew up in AR and most of it is not bike friendly at all, especially in the summer.

I bolded the important part... he's your 'ex', so... you actually win this one! My hope for this guy and every other person like him is that they be shipped far far away from nice people. Forever. Or else have a genius discover a cure for narcissism. 

Dang, I don't sound tainted at all...?

All this talk of mice lead me to think about Mighty Mouse and that lead to Under Dog.  

Four your viewing pleasure:

10 hours ago, nst said:

Picture me to look exactly like Margot Robbie lol 

19 minutes ago, nst said:

in ITonya or Wolf of Wall Street :D

Wolf of course. With the pink heel in Leo's forehead :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Picture me to look exactly like Margot Robbie lol 

Speaking of Margot has anyone started watching Sex Education on Netflix? The young actress in that reminds me very much of Margot Robbie. 

If anyone watches it, it is hilarious, it is very interesting  to see a British High School, or I guess Secondary School I get confused at what they call their upper age schools what we in the US call High School.  As an American I forget, just how sexually uptight the U.S. country is when I see European television. 

Feel free to think I look like Margot Robbie too!  As Harley tho. ?

10 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

All this talk of mice lead me to think about Mighty Mouse and that lead to Under Dog.  

Four your viewing pleasure:

Oh FFS.  For your viewing pleasure.  Ugh I need to spend a year or two in the spelling/typing prayer closet.

11 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Since we’re talking about how we imagine posters to look irl, I just wanted to mention I picture every single poster in Harry Potter glasses. I have no idea why, I just do. Even if your avatar has no glasses on, I add them in my mind.  @HarleyQuinn looks by far the best in them. 

So you're imagining Lucifer in Harry Potter glasses when you look at my avatar? I find that hilarious.

The pics y'all are talking about made me flinch, as a mom of little kids. @bal maidenyour comment made me remember the one time I interfered with somebody else's parenting: at an event where a two year old was running as fast as her legs would go towards the parking lot where cars were entering. Two seconds of looking and I saw no parents, so I sprinted, caught her as she entered the drive, and carried her back. The parents finally saw what was happening and the mom started yelling at the dad for not watching the kid. It was awkward as hell. I'd do it again to protect a kid, but the parents were not grateful, haha!

I have images in my head of most posters here, but they're probably wrong. I do have big round glasses (though they're tortoiseshell colored, not wire) so you're pretty close there, @CharlieInCharge.

I know, logically, that I'm an adult human female, but in my mind's eye, I look like Fizzgig.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I am starting to think that the picture of Izzy is some kind of blanket training. Training him to sit still with the threat of being injured if he wiggles a little bit.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived