IGNORED

Trump 38: Donald Trump and the Wall of Lies

Destiny

Chuck Grassley: please give a speech that racist hicks like 

or is there another way to interpret this?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Chuck Grassley: please give a speech that racist hicks like 

or is there another way to interpret this?

Iowans as in make it sound like a fresh campaign speech?

It just occurred to me that Trump really does want to dismantle government -- all of it.  It doesn't benefit him.  There are annoying rules and regulations he has to cope with or at least pretend to cope with, that are an impediment to him making more money. 

The legal system threatens him and gets in the way. 

He's a mobster and a con man, so these institutions serve zero purpose in his life.  All he understands is lying and making money.  He has a long and consistent history of stiffing contractors, because that's simply a way to get more money. 

He's dismantling the EPA because dismantling regulatory authorities allows bidness people, and possibly Trump, if he's getting kickbacks, to make more money.  And you know he IS getting kickbacks in some form or other, now or in the future. 

Surprised he cares about that at all, isn't that a poor person thing to ask what stuff costs?

but did he really think big pharma would give up profits just because he told them to? 

Oh, yuck, @AmazonGrace! I did not need to hear what Melanie hears when performing her wifely duties. :my_sick:

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's a grift because of course it is. 

Donnie's Go Fund Me page. Every time you think he can't get any lower he outdoes himself. ??

45 in the great lie speech something about it being a humanitarian crisis, involves heart and tugs at the soul or some bs there and all I can think is you 45 are no humanitarian and you, 45, have no heart or soul.

Hmm suddenly I want to see the end of Ghost when the dark force takes over the evil one, in this case 45.

(I'm paraphrasing what was said from a news snippet because I did not watch).

I think prosecute him and put him in a special prison in the middle of the South Pole where he’s only attended to by robots and has no contact with the outside world. That would be the worst punishment for him since he wouldn’t have any other humans to bully or yell at.

My husband was telling me that MSNBC this morning was calling his speech slow, stilted, boring, and sleepy (not exact words but the sentiment is the same). My response was, yeah but, Fox news is going to call it calm and measured in accordance with the gravity of the situation. It's all spin, and it influences how we all look at situations.

This is why I was happy to see this article this morning. Fox news viewers need to hear their network fact checking this guy. It will be hard enough for them to swallow from there, but they sure as hell won't believe it from any other source. Maybe inroads can be made in the psyche of some Fox viewers.

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-host-says-trump-claims-immigrants-drugs-wrong-fact-check-1284758

ox News anchor Shepard Smith disputed claims made by President Donald Trump during his first prime-time Oval Office address on Tuesday evening. It was an unusual sign of disagreement between the president and his favorite TV news channel.

Following the president's address, Smith fact-checked a number of the claims made by the president, such as the murder rates among undocumented immigrants and drug flows, which did not match government statistics, Mediaite reported.

Between this and Chris Wallace's clash with Sarah Sanders, maybe the light is getting in? Just a little?

Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes you pay and sometimes you don't

Forrest Dumb

If everybody leaves, who will be left to fight the good fight? This is not a good development at all.

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Between this and Chris Wallace's clash with Sarah Sanders, maybe the light is getting in? Just a little?

Shep Smith and Wallace have been somewhat capable of accurate reporting -- they are on the hard news side of Fox, rather than the Faux & Fiends + Ham Head Hannity + Screechy Judge Jeanine vigorous leg humping, Trump Adulation Squad side. 

But Wallace completely eviscerating Sanders was something else entirely.  Basically, she was there to soften up the reporting on the border and to get the damn talking points out there and was expecting a soft-ball interview.   Like the Stephen Miller episode where he ended up yelling and was cut off,  this was a PR disaster.  Miller and Sanders won't be trotted out for Sunday cable news shows again.  Which makes me wonder how long Sarah will be in the West Wing?  She made a poor showing, never does "press conferences" or briefings anymore.  Maybe she's good at creating talking points for the spin machine.  

I didn't watch Trump on TV.  But this entire campaign, starting over a week ago, is to rally the base to force the Senate Repubs to HOLD THE FUCKING LINE for Trump on the government shutdown.  That's it.  Nothing else. 

I heard the first sentence of the address on NPR and literally the first sentence out of Trump's mouth was an absolute lie.  When Trump was in the process of sending active duty troops to the border, the border patrol noted that IT WAS NOT NEEDED.  More than one expert has noted that a cyber fence would be much more effective than a physical one. 

37 minutes ago, Howl said:

But this entire campaign, starting over a week ago, is to rally the base to force the Senate Repubs to HOLD THE FUCKING LINE for Trump on the government shutdown.  That's it.  Nothing else. 

You are right. This is a campaign. A re-election campaign, to be precise. It's already been posted how there was fundraising before and after the speech, but here's Lawrence O'Donnell's takedown of how egregious it really was. The presidunce is ever the conman, and always will be.

Isn't it against rules/regulations/law to campaign from your political office literally and figuratively speaking? If so, is this something the House could investigate? Or is this, yet again, something that will fall through the cracks (canyons by this point) in the Senate?

(Side question:  Is that Mommy-dearest in the photo next to him? An immigrant (!!!) on display during that hateful anti-immigration demagoguery?)

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

You are right. This is a campaign. A re-election campaign, to be precise. It's already been posted how there was fundraising before and after the speech, but here's Lawrence O'Donnell's takedown of how egregious it really was. The presidunce is ever the conman, and always will be.

Isn't it against rules/regulations/law to campaign from your political office literally and figuratively speaking? If so, is this something the House could investigate? Or is this, yet again, something that will fall through the cracks (canyons by this point) in the Senate?

(Side question:  Is that Mommy-dearest in the photo next to him? An immigrant (!!!) on display during that hateful anti-immigration demagoguery?)

Yes that is Mumsie, but she is a white immigrant so that is okay. Trump is an anchor baby.

I also wanted to point out that this is a practice run for marshalling the Senate to HOLD THE DAMN LINE and create a united front ON IMPEACHMENT.  

McConnell is a ruthless and brilliant political tactician.  He immediately brought Mitt Romney back into line.  I'm not sure what it will take for a sufficient number of Republican Senators to break away and act independently.  Sadly, we'll likely never know.  

This hurts right in the presiduncial fee-fees.

Great fact-checking from NowThis. Better still, you don't have to view it with 'sound on' so you don't have to hear that horrible voice.

l  watched both speeches last night and found the whole thing fucking insane.

The Giant Orange Turd looked like his handlers had put in some overtime fluffing up  his hairpiece and blending in his greasy make up in an attempt to make him look more human.(Fail,obviously. )

It was very weird how he was rushing his sentences. Not sure he knows that a period is one of the most natural places to pause when speaking?   And he kept squinting at the teleprompter as if he was wondering just how many more of these word things he was going to have to read.  Also, probably good that he is unlikely to have ever read a bedtime story to any of his kids because he reads like a zombie. Very flat.  Well, maybe a little excitement when he got going about all the bad hombres flooding across the border with hammers just itching to break in some skulls. (Ugh, that Steven Miller is one scary ghostwriter)

As far as content, it was all lies and bullshit. Blah blah blah, illegal immigrants are responsible for All the Bad Things, Democrats suck, something, something, Humanitarian Crisis that can only be solved by the Great and Wonderful Wally! 

In the end, something of a nothingburger in that it was mostly just a reiteration of what he's been saying throughout the shutdown.  

Chuck and Nancy was a bit odd too.  I mean, why were they both squished behind a single podium?  What they looked like was a pair of presenters on the Daytime Emmys, with Nancy playing the part of Erica Kane (tiny and breathy,but feisty! )

At least what they said didn't make me want to throw things at the tv, so there was that.

The whole thing was just another exercise in political weirdness.  A whole lot of bluster accomplishing nothing. Both sides blowing hard and nobody any better off.  

There's something lil ol' me just doesn't understand, Mr. Drumpf. 

Why isn't Mexico paying for your idiotic Wall like you promised?  You promised that over, and over, and over, again so why should we pay?

Dear God.  The Orange Menace is a shithead and a disgrace to humankind.  My sincere sympathy to all furloughed and unpaid Federal workers and to all the other people seriously affected by the shutdown - but I hope the Dems hold the line.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Why isn't Mexico paying for your idiotic Wall like you promised?  You promised that over, and over, and over, again so why should we pay?

It should be replayed over, and over, and over again and maybe the Dems should make payment up front from Mexico a hard condition of any wall-building-related activities.  The Republicans approve of saving money, don't they?  Trump should know, as well as anyone, what can happen when work is done and folks expect to be paid afterward.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived