IGNORED

Trump 38: Donald Trump and the Wall of Lies

Destiny

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

:moose::sheep:   are coming!!!

Never mind that the people seeking asylum are coming from predominantly catholic countries. 

Sure a "rancher". You mean Stephen Miller right?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it!  Scary MooseLambs are coming! 

Special alert!  No border rancher has found a prayer rug; it's just a blatant lie.  

A rancher may have found a piece of carpet or cardboard someone used as a sleeping mat or no rancher found anything at all.  

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Could Pelosi get there on a non-military flight?  And bring the Press with her?

Was just watching Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC.  He was clarifying that, after 9-11, the Speaker of the House, as second in line for the presidency, is not allowed to fly commercial at any time.   VP = first in line, Speaker of House = second in line. 

Also, the military plane used to fly Melania to Mar-a-Lago is the exact plane that was originally scheduled to be used for Pelosi's international trip. 

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Also, the military plane used to fly Melania to Mar-a-Lago is the exact plane that was originally scheduled to be used for Pelosi's international trip. 

So Pelosi's trip was canceled because Melania threw a fit about her plane?

Oh. Czechoslovakians. Well... that rancher certainly isn't a millennial, that's for sure. Czechoslovakia was dissolved in 1992. :pb_lol:

OMG. Something has to give. We have a person so petty he will prevent the speaker of the house from traveling to do her job, and then use her plane to fly his wife to Florida for yet another vacation. This petty person is not only in the White House, he is the one with the nuclear codes! 
He's probably spent more time "working" in the White House over the last three weeks than the entire time he's been president. At some point he's going to be told he can't leave to go play golf and he'll throw a massive tantrum, and who knows what he'll attempt to do at that point. 

If we are very lucky, he'll try to find an excuse to resign. I think, though, we are more likely to see him pushing the limits to see just how much power he actually has. He's literally single-handedly put many thousands of federal employees on the brink financially. He's feeling caged yet also on a power trip, and thats pretty scary.

Czechoslovakians? Really? Did Jaromir Jagr and his fellow hockey playing buddies recently come back from a weekend in Cabo or something?

Prayer rugs. Sure. I'm betting whoever they spoke to can't tell the difference between a prayer rug, a sarape, and a carpet remnant.

You know that Orange Donnie is throwing his fast food wrappers at the television today. :twisted:

I was looking at the model rules of professional conduct.  Beyond the criminal charges of lying to Congress, I wonder how many ways Cohen violated professional conduct rules by lying to Congress at the Orange Fuck Knob's behest? 

43 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh. Czechoslovakians. Well... that rancher certainly isn't a millennial, that's for sure. Czechoslovakia was dissolved in 1992. :pb_lol:

Mr. No got a laugh out of what the rancher said.   Because he is of Czech background, knows the history and said the very same thing:  there's been no Czechoslovakia since 1992.

If they're really coming from Czechoslovakia I'm not sure a wall would work, they could just park Tardis on the US side .

"Pelosi snatches away the football, and Trump falls flat again"

Spoiler

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) pulled a fast one on President Trump on Wednesday by postponing the State of the Union address until the shutdown is over — or allowing him to submit his remarks in writing. Trump feigned indifference. But he couldn’t contain himself — much as he could not control himself on the day Pelosi was sworn in and showed up in the White House press room to get some attention.

On Thursday, Trump, in an error-filled letter (are fact-checkers on furlough?), told Pelosi that he was postponing the trip that she and others were planning in order to visit NATO leaders in Brussels and troops in Afghanistan. (He said the trip was seven days; it was five. He said they were to stop in Egypt; no Egypt stop was planned.)

Let’s count Trump’s most obvious blunders.

First, you cannot claim to be indifferent about a punch to the gut and then in 24 hours retaliate in such petty fashion while claiming — no, really — that this wasn’t about retaliation at all. Trump could not help appearing spiteful because, well, he was acting out of spite.

Second, Trump, as narcissists are wont to do, cannot imagine that every event isn’t about him. He was denied the SOTU, so he’ll take something away from her. But unlike Trump, Pelosi knows that the trip isn’t about her; it isn’t some kind of perk. As her spokesman Drew Hammill explained via Twitter, “The purpose of the trip was to express appreciation & thanks to our men & women in uniform for their service & dedication, & to obtain critical national security & intelligence briefings from those on the front lines.” The trip to Brussels wasn’t for pleasure-seeking but to reassure freaked-out allies about whether Trump is still keen on pulling out of NATO.

Third, Trump doesn’t know how to treat anyone, especially a woman, as an equal, so he treats her like she works for him. She is a co-equal, constitutionally speaking. The Post reports, “Trump didn’t explain what authority he has to cancel Pelosi’s trip, but it probably would require the use of military aircraft controlled by his administration. He said Pelosi could fly commercial if she chose.” Congress, however, has its own obligations and does not report to him. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), who was to accompany Pelosi, blasted the president, calling him a fifth-grader and vowing to do his oversight regardless of the president’s antics. Trump wound up making himself seem small and congressional Democrats look mature by comparison. “We’re not going to allow the President of the United States to tell the Congress it can’t fulfill its oversight responsibilities, it can’t ensure that our troops have what they need whether our government is open or closed,” he declared. “That work must go on and I think it’s vitally important now, in particular that the President has announced withdrawals from Syria and Afghanistan, that we understand the situation on the ground.”

Fourth, while denying a visit that is of benefit to the troops and our national security, Trump had dispatched Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to hobnob in Davos, Switzerland, at the World Economic Forum — a laughably elitist and unnecessary function for the rich and famous (and popular with autocrats trying to convince the West that they are sophisticates). That was just dumb — and the result of letting the president do whatever he pleases, with no adult supervision. It took until Thursday night for someone to recognize how awful this would appear; the Davos trip was canceled, thereby depriving his own people of their boondoggle.

Finally, Trump committed a rudimentary, blatant violation of national security protocols. As Schiff and others pointed out, one does not disclose the destination of an official trip to a war zone. But alas, Trump thinks only of himself; national security is secondary.

Trump’s move was blasted by Democrats but also by one of his most faithful lapdogs. Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) said:

"One sophomoric response does not deserve another," Graham said. "Speaker Pelosi's threat to cancel the State of the Union is very irresponsible and blatantly political. President Trump denying Speaker Pelosi military travel to visit our troops in Afghanistan, our allies in Egypt and NATO is also inappropriate."

Graham — who a Senate aide said could be heard shouting in his office at the matter — added that while he was disappointed in how Pelosi was handling the State of the Union situation, he was “glad the Speaker wants to meet our troops and hear from our commanders and allies.”

Trump makes his position worse with each new misstep. He misreads each situation and mistakenly believes he can outwit Pelosi. In every encounter, Pelosi manages to effectively pull the football away, sending the Charlie Brown president skyward, only to land flat on his back. Bam! She got him once again.

UPDATE: Unbelievably, the story gets worse for Trump. Hammill, Pelosi’s spokesman, released a statement Friday morning, which read in part: “After President Trump revoked the use of military aircraft to travel to Afghanistan, the delegation was prepared to fly commercially to proceed with this vital trip to meet with our commanders and troops on the front lines.” The statement continued: “In the middle of the night, the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service provided an updated threat assessment detailing that the President announcing this sensitive travel had significantly increased the danger to the delegation and to the troops, security, and other officials supporting the trip." He added, “This morning, we learned that the Administration had leaked the commercial travel plans as well.” Hammill concluded,"In light of the grave threats caused by the President’s action, the delegation has decided to postpone the trip so as not to further endanger our troops and security personnel, or the other travelers on the flights."

This stunning violation of his duties as commander in chief in order to serve his petty personal desire for revenge tells us just how unfit Trump is to serve. A House vote resolution condemning the president’s conduct as well as an oversight hearing on his attempts to sabotage and potentially endanger others should proceed.

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If they're really coming from Czechoslovakia I'm not sure a wall would work, they could just park Tardis on the US side .

Yes, and the TARDIS will be greeted by MAGA had wearing Daleks chanting "Exterminate... Exterminate" (of course!)

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Fuck. He must have decided to do the state of emergency. 

I second that fuck!

Sorry to double post but just heard Northern NJ just declared a state of emergency ahead of the big storm.  Take that Trump we already got a state of emergency.

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Pelosi snatches away the football, and Trump falls flat again"

Hide contents

The statement continued: “In the middle of the night, the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service provided an updated threat assessment detailing that the President announcing this sensitive travel had significantly increased the danger to the delegation and to the troops, security, and other officials supporting the trip." He added, “This morning, we learned that the Administration had leaked the commercial travel plans as well.” Hammill concluded,"In light of the grave threats caused by the President’s action, the delegation has decided to postpone the trip so as not to further endanger our troops and security personnel, or the other travelers on the flights."

This stunning violation of his duties as commander in chief in order to serve his petty personal desire for revenge tells us just how unfit Trump is to serve. A House vote resolution condemning the president’s conduct as well as an oversight hearing on his attempts to sabotage and potentially endanger others should proceed.

Am I reading this correctly? Is Trump's plan to leak information to get Pelosi and the others in the delegation killed? Does he think if she had an "unfortunate accident" that the next Speaker of the House would be easier to manipulate? Does he think he can get Ryan back? Isn't this how the mob operates?

I don't know what else to say.

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

According to WIKI,  "As of the 2000 U.S. Census, there are 187,729 Czech-Americans living in Texas, the largest number of any state."  They started coming to settle Texas in the 1840s and lots of Czech communities still celebrate their heritage.  There's a wonderful tour of the Painted Churches built and decorated by Czech and German settlers. 

THE PAINTED CHURCHES OF TEXAS: A BEAUTIFUL BLEND OF ART AND HISTORY

So maybe just Texans coming back home after a little vacay south of the border.  

Can anyone stop or nullify a state of emergency if there are no real grounds for it? 

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Fuck. He must have decided to do the state of emergency. 

Didn't he do this a few weeks ago and it all came to nothing?  I'm wondering what is different this time. What ever it is I'm freaked.

25 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Didn't he do this a few weeks ago and it all came to nothing?  I'm wondering what is different this time. What ever it is I'm freaked.

Last Tuesday, I believe. But the House can pass a resolution to rescind it... though that requires the Senate to uphold it, and I have my doubts that they would do that. And of course, it would be challenged in court. If he's thinking he can just declare a national emergency and be King, he's wrong.

I'm assuming what changed is that the threat of the declaration didn't bring the Democrats to heel, and he's tired of waiting.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived