IGNORED

Maxwell predictions 2019

SPHASH

On 1/7/2019 at 2:36 PM, Ticklish said:

Anna gets married. Maybe just optimism on my part, but there have been a few mentions of her traveling or being busy lately. She could be a chaperone for Jesse, but I think he's been pictured when she's been traveling... I think the family has given up on Sarah, unfortunately. 

I can't put my finger on it, but I've gotten the impression that Sarah seems different lately.  Maybe even bitter.  Whether she wants to marry or not, she must be aware of the internet speculation that she'll never marry, and the further speculation on why not.  If she is watching her younger sister court or even being allowed to move about more freely, thus allowing her more possibility of finding a mate, that might make Sarah just a bit touchy:  "My little sister is able to look around for a guy, and I get a dog.  Even the dog might get to mate, but not me.  I get to stay home and take care of my parents while my father adds more and more rules designed to control my thoughts and movements, and as they age they'll depend on me to the point where I'll probably be giving them sponge baths in a blindfold while they babble on about God."

Sarah might end up like that genteel aunt sometimes mentioned in the novels set in the Victorian era.  The woman who never marries, takes care of elderly relatives until there are none left and is then moved from family to family when the need arises for help.  One sibling needs help because all the kids have taken sick at once?  Send for Aunt Sarah.  Then another sibling needs more help when the wife is experiencing a difficult pregnancy.  Pack up Sarah, you're needed elsewhere.  Just keep moving her around until she's the one who needs help and she becomes the object of pity that the family argues over who has to take her in and deal with her.  She'll probably be on her fifth dog by then.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Flossie said:

I can't put my finger on it, but I've gotten the impression that Sarah seems different lately.  Maybe even bitter.  Whether she wants to marry or not, she must be aware of the internet speculation that she'll never marry, and the further speculation on why not.  If she is watching her younger sister court or even being allowed to move about more freely, thus allowing her more possibility of finding a mate, that might make Sarah just a bit touchy:  "My little sister is able to look around for a guy, and I get a dog.  Even the dog might get to mate, but not me.  I get to stay home and take care of my parents while my father adds more and more rules designed to control my thoughts and movements, and as they age they'll depend on me to the point where I'll probably be giving them sponge baths in a blindfold while they babble on about God."

Sarah might end up like that genteel aunt sometimes mentioned in the novels set in the Victorian era.  The woman who never marries, takes care of elderly relatives until there are none left and is then moved from family to family when the need arises for help.  One sibling needs help because all the kids have taken sick at once?  Send for Aunt Sarah.  Then another sibling needs more help when the wife is experiencing a difficult pregnancy.  Pack up Sarah, you're needed elsewhere.  Just keep moving her around until she's the one who needs help and she becomes the object of pity that the family argues over who has to take her in and deal with her.  She'll probably be on her fifth dog by then.

I don't know. Sarah has more freedom as a single woman than she would as a married in that culture. But the younger than she SILs and the babies must be hard.

• 2 months later...

I know I’m late to the party, but I’ve suspected a courtship for a Maxwell girl, probably Anna, for a while. There is no way we will hear a word til they are wedded and bedded - Steve probably hands out NDAs with his courting questionnaire - but there have been trips away, Sarah seems snippier than usual, I think Chelsy and her family would be trying to set something up...... I just think it could happen this year. If it doesn’t happen in the next few years it never will.

24 minutes ago, lilith said:

I know I’m late to the party, but I’ve suspected a courtship for a Maxwell girl, probably Anna, for a while. There is no way we will hear a word til they are wedded and bedded - Steve probably hands out NDAs with his courting questionnaire - but there have been trips away, Sarah seems snippier than usual, I think Chelsy and her family would be trying to set something up...... I just think it could happen this year. If it doesn’t happen in the next few years it never will.

There was a visit from the brother and two sisters around Christmas. They went caroling with the Maxwell’s. I figured one of the girls was for Jesse. But I suppose the brother could be for Anna.

Sarah will progress to drinking ESPRESSO.  Someone will stage an intervention to bring her back down to mochas.  The story will show up in the new book, Finding Strange, taking the form of a drug-addicted neighbor.

18 hours ago, lilith said:

There have been trips but why would Anna go to him when the Maxwell boys mostly went to the girls' families, right? Or I guess we just really don't know.

Anna has been absent a bit in pictures lately. But she is really looking like Teri. Sarah. Chelsy and Mary look more like sisters in a recent photo.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:41 PM, Ozlsn said:

5. Sarah comes to visit the new house that John and Chelsy have bought and makes eye contact with a friend of a relative who is also at the housewarming. Within two months they are married and living in California, and Sarah has enrolled in photography classes. 

You don't mention a gender, so I'm gonna assume it's a woman. 

2019 Predictions: NR Anna will announce another pregnancy. Chelsey and John will announce another pregnancy. Melanie will have a boy. Elissa and Joe will announce a pregnancy late 19 or early 20. Anna and Jesse will both get married this year. Mary will take an online course. Sarah will travel to Alaska to visit friends. Teri will drink a Diet Pepsi. Steve will get a new vest. A couple of the grandkids will be baptized in their neighbor’s pool. NR Anna will get some back yard chickens. 

I'm gonna go put on a limb and say that Joe and Alyssa are done having babies.  I think they play the game for blog but I think they very much lead their own life.  

I'm also probably very wrong.  Lol

6 minutes ago, bluelady said:

I'm gonna go put on a limb and say that Joe and Alyssa are done having babies.  I think they play the game for blog but I think they very much lead their own life.  

I'm also probably very wrong.  Lol

I think they play the game too. I wish they are done with 2 kids but like you said probably not. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I think they play the game too. I wish they are done with 2 kids but like you said probably not. 

I just keep thinking of that picture Chelsy posted awhile ago of her having lunch with Alyssa and Calia and it just looked so cute and modern and fun and very non-Maxwellian.  

TBH, I think a lot of the "extended family" play the game.  Except maybe Chris.  I think Nate and Melanie's kids just really love their aunties so they get featured on the blog a lot more.  

On 3/23/2019 at 2:41 AM, bluelady said:

I just keep thinking of that picture Chelsy posted awhile ago of her having lunch with Alyssa and Calia and it just looked so cute and modern and fun and very non-Maxwellian.  

TBH, I think a lot of the "extended family" play the game.  Except maybe Chris.  I think Nate and Melanie's kids just really love their aunties so they get featured on the blog a lot more.  

They all go to the nursing home church. I’ll believe an extended family Maxwell clan is just “playing the game” when they start going to a real church with a non Maxwell pastor.

Do they all go to the Nursing Home Service, or does Sarah only post pictures when family members attend on certain Sundays? I sometimes went to my grandmother’s or aunt’s church but not on a regular basis.  

8 hours ago, Markie said:

Do they all go to the Nursing Home Service, or does Sarah only post pictures when family members attend on certain Sundays? I sometimes went to my grandmother’s or aunt’s church but not on a regular basis.  

They refer to the nursing home as their "family's church", but whether that includes the extended family I don't know.

I predict that there will be no weddings or courtships. Any miscarriages that occur, lamentably, will be hushed up. 

5 hours ago, Hane said:

I predict that there will be no weddings or courtships. Any miscarriages that occur, lamentably, will be hushed up. 

I don’t know about that, remember Teri posting about miscarrying her last pregnancy while at the zoo with the family? 

They posted about Melanie's miscarriages. I think it goes with their pro-life thing. 

They would only not post about a miscarriage if it occurred before they announced a pregnancy. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jana814 said:

I don't think they are done. I think they'll have 5.

The reason I think 5 is that I think it's the minimum number that looks sufficiently borderline fundy, but also borderline normal. Spaced out enough, that number is doable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:44 PM, FloraDoraDolly said:

LeBron Shaquille Beckham Gretzky Favre Judge Maxwell

Gotta have a baseball player in there! ?

10 hours ago, smittykins said:

Gotta have a baseball player in there! ?

But does it have to be a Yankee? ?

Archived