IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

33 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Click-click-click-click-click -- the wheel of crazy has landed on the "women shouldn't go to college" spot.  Everybody take a drink for everytime she uses the word "feminist" as a slur.

I love it. Maybe another possible game - how about a round of Batshit Bingo??

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

I love it. Maybe another possible game - how about a round of Batshit Bingo??

Lori Alexander, Queen of Batshit Bingo! 

22 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I noticed among my friends the joint accounts tend to be a Baptist thing.  

I have a friend whose late step-mother-law had a joint Facebook. My friend said that her step MIL and father-in-law are/were members of a conservative Pentecostal church and that a lot of the step MIL and FIL's church friends had joint accounts. 

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I get the impression the joint account thing is for the mens' accountability. I can only think of one joint account that I am friends with, and I suspect theirs is shared for convenience - he's had major health problems (including a very recent transplant) so she's the one that posts online so people can keep up with how he's doing.

Lori only sees what she wants to see, and that's not much past her own nose. Nobody is inviting her busybody butt to weddings, so people must not be getting married! 

I remember a year or two ago, in the chatroom or on her blog she did a post about a wedding she attended. The bride was in med school and she trashed the bride for that.  That might have easily turned off people who know Loriken IRL. 

The joint facebook thing: I've heard it recommended for "accountability". You know, so nobody does things that could jeopardize their marriage vows. My thought? Gimme a fkn break. I really can't see Mr. Xtian enjoying all my space/cars/snark shit and I can't see me enjoying his coin/stamp/veterans stuff. 

We don't keep secrets even with separate FB accounts. HIs eyes glaze over if he reads my space stuff (he really can't follow the jokes some of us make because he doesn't have the context) and I'll never, for the life of me, understand the big deal over coin collection. If I can't spend it, I ain't interested. Many of my FB friends are male (that's what happens when you hang with space nuts) and include authors, flight controllers/directors and astronauts. (not bragging, just saying hub's eyes would glaze over). 

I can't wait for Spacefest 2019, just not sure if hubs will go with me. 

My thoughts are, if a person wants to to be unfaithful to his or her spouse, a joint Facebook account isn't going to stop it. 

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

Oh, great. Now we're going to hear all about whatever woo it was that cured her in just 36 hours. :my_dodgy: I'm going to go with a combination of kombucha, einkorn bread, and black salve.

Well, since it probably started with a gallon of wine, I'd go with hair of the dog.  Or, dog hair.  Whatever.

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My thoughts are, if a person wants to to be unfaithful to his or her spouse, a joint Facebook account isn't going to stop it. 

I'm fairly certain people managed to have affairs before Facebook was even invented.  Maybe even before e-mail.  Those wacky ancestors of ours somehow communicated and met up and slept around even in the pre-digital age.

12 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

love and marriage are commitments and have nothing whatsoever to do with emotions and feelings

says the psychopath/narcissist

if you married just for financial security like Lori wouldn't that just be longterm prostituition with added benefits?

(hey sexworkers don't lie and deceive - the men know they do this for money.)

Just saying since fundie brain worldly=whore

teacup.jpg

@feministxtian,  I've been meaning to tell you that the American Girl doll for this year is a space geek.  One of her accessories is an experiment about growing vegetables on Mars.  Your mention Spacefest reminded me of that.

8 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@feministxtian,  I've been meaning to tell you that the American Girl doll for this year is a space geek.  One of her accessories is an experiment about growing vegetables on Mars.  Your mention Spacefest reminded me of that.

May have to get it to add to my space collection

I don't understand the joint Facebook account thing but maybe that's because I'm an intensely private person. Even if dating I can't see myself giving my phone password to a SO. I don't know if I'd ask for theirs either. One of my quirks I suppose. But on the other hand, I'm a very loyal person so cheating isn't an option for me. 

I also don't know why Lori has such a problem with emotions. It's so strange to me and this is coming from a person who spent some time feeling very little emotions because I was so stressed and locked my emotions down so deeply. Even as a counselor, I don't know what I'd call my experience during that time period or maybe I don't want to name it idk. But it wasn't this enlightening, freeing experience. It was just knowing something was wrong but not knowing what needed to happen.  The intellectual part of the brain is screeching that something is wrong when you don't react but the emotional side doesn't care. I functioned, I got excellent grades, did great at work, said the right things, smiled at the right time, was polite, charitable, and calm. But fuck that. That stuff doesn't mean much when you feel hollow.

Emotions are a blessing and help us connect with others. God made them and they were good, humans can just fuck them up some time. I didn't start feeling free until I allowed myself to start healing and processing emotions again. 

Then again maybe Lori knows what it feels like if she's a sociopath. 

My boy friend and I know each other’s passwords for our phone. He forgets mine all of the time. I have nothing to hide and neither does he. Neither one of us shared the password because we couldn’t trust the other one. It was more like I forgot my phone and he had his near me and I wanted to take a picture of our pups. He uses my phone when I drive and he wants to change the music on my phone. He has no password for his computer and has no problem with me using it. If he wanted to cheat he could, same with me. We don’t have to have joint things to prevent that. He doesn’t have a Facebook. 

As for emotions and love. I don’t always feel like loving my bf but I always do. Same for my dogs, I don’t have kids. They do things that make me mad and not feel love for them at the time. Doesn’t change my love for them. There are times when they are extra sweet and the love I have for them cause so many feelings and emotions to swell up inside of me. 

Honestly as much as I laughed about the joint facebook accounts, I truly cannot imagine trusting a man enough to give him access to anything that could be password protected again. My estranged husband hacked into EVERYTHING in the past, twisted and perverted EVERY SINGLE THING he ever saw or read (to somehow be about him, or against him, or whatever perverse people could think).  He then took screenshots and plastered them all over his facebook account that I couldn't see, and filed them in county courtrooms numerous times, as evidence of some kind of "wrongdoing" on my part.  Dragged my stepdaughter to one of these court "events" where she got to hear and see all the accusations he was making of all kinds of horrendous things I never did.  God have mercy.

I cannot imagine ever trusting a man that much again.

8 hours ago, Granwych said:

might Kenny not be one of those big guns??   (Just kidding!)

My guns could eat Kenny for breakfast.

I don't see the point in joint fb accounts.

My husband has my password because he did use my account before he joined if he wanted to look up something. We just don't feel the need to spy on each other.

What I am concerned about is keeping up with my teenagers' accounts. Ugh. They're always one step ahead. Right now both of them are grounded for secret accounts. And here is a lesson for the day: If you're going to do something you shouldn't, don't make a video of yourself doing it.

My husband and I had the honor of spending the first day back at school in the principal's office.

Pray for us, y'all. ?

This too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

11 hours ago, FullOfGravy said:

I'm fairly certain people managed to have affairs before Facebook was even invented.  Maybe even before e-mail.  Those wacky ancestors of ours somehow communicated and met up and slept around even in the pre-digital age.

My grandfather was a serial philanderer; even as children we knew about his girlfriends.  All he needed was a rotary dial telephone to keep up his dalliances with other women.

17 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I tended to think I was going to be single until I met him.  It is a both/and - we have emotional connection, and we choose regularly to cultivate our marriage as well.  Love is both an emotion and a choice.  Love includes genuine affection.

Everything you said @AuntKrazy   

One thing that strikes me over and over about Lori's insistence that love isn't an emotion, only an action, is that it makes the assumption that two people don't have to have any affection for each other.  It is s simply a contract with each partner playing a role --  the submissive wife giving up her identify  and the only-needing sex providing husband.   Like if someone just checks all the right boxes, they are suitable as a spouse.  They don't even have to like each other and they are just staying together because they said they would.  Then you just go through the motions according to the "rules."    Oh wait! That's exactly what Lori and Ken did.   That is so sad, and speculating here, the root of all their issues.  They tolerated each other, thought the other was good looking, checked the boxes and but didn't really like/love each other.

If God created us to experience such emotions and attraction why is that a bad thing? Why does Lori discount that as a mistake?  Lori is always saying God doesn't make mistakes.  Why then is experiencing emotions a mistake? That's what makes us human and not robots.  Heck, even animals are created with emotions. 

Sure, real love is hard.  It isn't always sunshine and flowers and chocolates....my husband can be a royal pain in the ass and so can I.  But in almost 29 years of marriage, strip away the day to day ups and downs and hard times,  I love him and think he's fun and he's not just some guy who "checked all the right boxes."

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Like if someone just checks all the right boxes, they are suitable as a spouse.

My husband ticked pretty much none of my boxes other than he was tall, slender and cute. At the time, he had no ambition, was poor as a church mouse, an utter failure in adulating. But...there was something about him that tripped my trigger. 

We've both grown up a lot in the ensuing 20 years...on paper, we were doomed to failure. In reality, we're a success. 

We don't have joint facebook accounts, joint instagram accounts, joint anything beyond the "normal" stuff like checking accounts.  We both have access to each other's passwords if we need them, which we usually don't.  I am an administrator on Mr. Briefly's facebook pages (both personal and business) because he can not spell to save his life with his severe dyslexia and I have to fix things for him.  We have passwords set up on the bank accounts because of some previous ID theft attempts, but we both know those - although he usually has to call me from the bank and ask me (again!) what the password is!

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

One thing that strikes me over and over about Lori's insistence that love isn't an emotion, only an action, is that it makes the assumption that two people don't have to have any affection for each other.  It is s simply a contract with each partner playing a role --  the submissive wife giving up her identify  and the only-needing sex providing husband.   Like if someone just checks all the right boxes, they are suitable as a spouse.  They don't even have to like each other and they are just staying together because they said they would.  Then you just go through the motions according to the "rules."    Oh wait! That's exactly what Lori and Ken did.   That is so sad, and speculating here, the root of all their issues.  They tolerated each other, thought the other was good looking, checked the boxes and but didn't really like/love each other.

With Lori's ideas about marriage and married life, the life of a working single crazy dog lady sounds really great. With hearing more and more of her vitriolic hate every day, did she even have a tiny spark of positive emotion or toughts in her head? I couldn't live like that and no big paycheck could bring me to live and share my life with a man I'm indifferent at best, let alone have children with him. That's sound like hell for me.

My husband and I have separate FB accounts.  He made a specific point of giving me his passwords for FB and email, so I have access if I feel that I need it.  However, I made a deliberate decision not to get into them unless there is a real reason.  I'm aware that if a person wants to cheat s/he will find a way (secret accounts, etc), but I know my own trust issues, and constant suspicion is also a great way to ruin a relationship.  When I see something 'questionable' I ask myself 'Would a normal, reasonable person have a problem with this?' My own judgment for these things was trashed to hell and back from the purity teachings I nearly drowned in, so I refer to the 'normal, reasonable' standard, and how the event fits in with everything else I know about him.  He has given me every reason to trust him, and no even semi-sensible cause not to. 

Of course if he ever gives me real, solid reason to be suspicious nothing will be safe, but unless/until that happens I stay out of his accounts.   

Lori has no reading comprehension whatsoever.  She fails to understand descriptions.  

No where does God command young women to marry, have children and guide the home.  We are either under grace or under law.  You can't have it both ways, Lori.  There's not a separate salvation for men than women.  The 10 commandments have not been replaced with "be a doormat for your husband or else I will smite thee!".

No where in Scripture does God say that women should not go to college and have a career.  Lori, stop adding to Scripture.  You are the one who blasphemes the Word of God on a regular basis.  In fact, that's probably why your church told you to STOP doing this.

You are right, college does not mold women into women of God.  It's the Holy Spirit's job alone to do that!  The Holy Spirit can work on a person wherever he or she may be, including at college.   Not every Christian is called to be married.  In fact, according to the Bible, Christians should strive to be single and only marry when necessary; when their faith is not enough to overcome their carnal lust.   

Therefore, I have to conclude Lori's faith wasn't big enough to really trust God and His ways by staying single. She settled for marriage to Ken instead of God's best of being single.  Maybe we should really looking for a Godly mentor who is an older woman with a better track record of trusting God and His ways (see what I did there, Lori).  

There is a priceless Lori-Logic exchange on her latest post.

Nowadays, it appears that girls going to high school is causing pregnancies and then single motherhood. In fact, single motherhood is reaching nightmare levels. And why not? She gets free healthcare, free education, food stamps, child support, subsidized housing, and pays zero taxes.

Yeah, single teenage mothers have SUCH an easy time of it! And those darn high schools, why are we sending them to be educated at all?! They don't need to read or do math to makes babies and rub men's feet!

I heard teen pregnancy rates were dropping, but that's probably due to effective birth control and not anything a Christian should endorse. 

My grandmother was very adamant about my dad attending an all boys Catholic school. Co-ed schools used to be something parents saw as an issue.

To which Lori, in all her glorious stupidity, replies:

it could be due to abortions increasing and are now even being celebrated. Teenage girls can even get abortions without their parents consent!

A woman points out that teen pregnancy has been declining for years (and it has). Lori writes:

why aren't abortions decreasing if this is so?

To which a woman replies that they have--and have been since the 1990s. 

Lori truly cannot conceive of the idea that teenage pregnancy has been decreasing--and she REALLY can't even accept the fact that it's not been decreasing due to an increase in abortion. As a side note, abortion doesn't decrease the pregnancy rate, only the birth rate. Education, delaying the start of sexual intercourse, and better access to birth control are the reason they're decreasing, Lori. It's almost like knowing what causes pregnancies and how to prevent them has empowered kids not to get pregnant as teenagers. Now, who wants to blow her mind and tell her how rampant teenage pregnancy was in her beloved halcyon days '50s?

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Now, who wants to blow her mind and tell her how rampant teenage pregnancy was in her beloved halcyon days '50s?

I don't suppose Lori knows what was causing all of those 'premature' first babies back then. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived