IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

With regard to diabetes and diet soda: Instead of the turmoil of giving up Diet Coke, I worked to change my philosophy; I choose to drink diet coke as a dessert to curb a sweet craving.

This has worked well for me. I don't touch Diet Pepsi because splenda messes with my blood sugars worse than real sugars. I encourage people to talk to their doctor/endo. For me, and the way my body works, eating/drinking sugar is worse than drinking diet, so for the times I need something sweet, diet coke is the better choice than something with sugar.

I consider it a treat that helps me acheive other goals. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Koala said:

nyway, the ONE thing I haven't been able to give up, is my Diet Pepsi. 

I understand your situation. I was a die-hard Diet Pepsi addict for more than a decade. Took 2 years of starts and stops to finall kick the habit.  I’m now two years Diet-Pepsi free.  Keep at it.  It was sooo hard-  but worth it. 

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Metformin gives me horrible diarrhea, apparently that is a common side effect. My dosage was halved.

I seriously did not think I would survive my first day on Metformin.  It was a, "Welp, I'm never leaving my house again" kind of feeling.  

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

@Koala what is your morning (fasting) blood glucose level?

@feministxtian

This morning:

Spoiler

1689428571_bloodsugar1.jpg.66a6267ee41f40a5e5022b1add12152f.jpg

(The time on my glucometer is 1 hr. off, so this was actually taken at 6:26 AM (immediately after waking up).
On the flip side, this was @ 4:57 on the evening of Christmas Eve.  I had already had breakfast and lunch:

Spoiler

1991157614_bloodsugar.jpg.9b70cda5de5961e6eaea97a22fc4ce37.jpg

5 hours ago, Marly said:

Thankfully he did receive more guidance and help from the hospital after that, and I haven't had to use a glucagon pen on him so far and I really hope I will never have to. The thought and possibility of it ever being necessary gives me a lot of anxiety though :( 

Tell me about it! I hate having to do his pump and monitor. But, in reality, think of it as first aid. Its never pleasant to think that you have to do something like that. Just remember that it's, in reality, a GOOD thing. 

Diabetes is rough. It sucks. 

@Koala Make an appointment or get a referral to an endocrinologist NOW. Like today (well, it's Sunday). A slightly hypo reading after fasting is not a good thing. I'd request a re-run of A1c to start. Also, take your meter with you to the doctor so they can see your readings. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but hypo symptoms and hyper symptoms are very similar. I think you need to see an endo and work on figuring this all out. 

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Koala Make an appointment or get a referral to an endocrinologist NOW. Like today (well, it's Sunday). A slightly hypo reading after fasting is not a good thing. I'd request a re-run of A1c to start. Also, take your meter with you to the doctor so they can see your readings. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but hypo symptoms and hyper symptoms are very similar. I think you need to see an endo and work on figuring this all out. 

Thank you @feministxtian  I messaged my doctor, and luckily already have an appointment scheduled for the 10th.  Hopefully she will refer me.

18 minutes ago, Koala said:

Thank you @feministxtian  I messaged my doctor, and luckily already have an appointment scheduled for the 10th.  Hopefully she will refer me.

Good! Diabetes (of any type) is a bit too complicated for a regular PCP to handle. Let me know how it works out. In the meantime, keep some sugary candy with you when you go out. Check your BS before you drive. Make sure you're at least around 80 before you get behind the wheel. I'm concerned about you being treated for diabetes when your fasting was slightly hypo. Again, I'm not a doctor, but after a few years of dealing with a brittle diabetic, I've learned a little something. Let me know how it works out, please. 

To bring it back to the “just leave the room and pray” post from earlier; I’ve been thinking about Lori’s advice for women being verbally/emotionally abused to be seriously lacking and downright dangerous. (I say verbally/emotionally because I don’t really think those things can be separated. By calling someone an “asshole,” for example, you’re both calling them a name *and* denigrating who she is and her character, but I digress).  First, Lori appears to have zero idea how rarely someone is “just” verbally abused. I haven’t come across verbal abuse that isn’t paired with some other type (physical, spiritual, psychological, financial, etc.). 

I recently had an ex-boyfriend of three years reappear on my scene by writing me an email telling me about his second divorce and his diagnosis with “sociopathic tendencies” that he’s working real hard in therapy to mold into a positive direction, you guys. :pb_rollseyes: In any case, what resulted is me going down the rabbit hole of personality disorders, which made a ton of his behavior when we were together make sense. And that there are a lot more people like that in the world that I had originally believed.

The biggest bit of advice I’ve found with dealing with narcisscism/sociopathy/psychopathy is go no contact. That the only way to “win” with these sorts of people is not to play. Sounds a bit like Lori’s advice, to me. The problem with that is that it’s a power play, from the abuser’s perspective, and it threatens their control over you, which is their number one thing. Leaving the room would de-escalate a situation with a healthy person, but it would undoubtedly escalate things with a NPD person because you’re drawing a boundary and saying, “you’re not going to do this.”  He will follow you and he will escalate, I guarantee it, to reestablish control over you and make sure you know you’re nothing without him. Challenging this behavior can be so, so dangerous. (I can actually guess the insults, because it’s happened to me: “don’t you walk away from me, &¥{+*” and “you listen to me when I’m talking to you,” and “I’m the man of the house and I say/do what I want.” And praying for them? Woo-boy, you do not want to even suggest that God needs to intercede in his behavior or protect you from him.  

Thankfully, I wasn’t in this situation with children, but because I have a brain and the power of critical thought, I can see how “just leave the room” advice is terrible. What if the kids are in the room or close by? He’s going to go after them as a means to control you and make you come back in the room. Yes, the kids are a tool, too. And pets, if you have them, as well. 

Anyway, this is just another reason why Lori needs to stop giving out advice on what to do in abuse situations. She’s never been in one and she has zero experience or training on how to handle them safely. 

Can the next thread be called "Lori Alexander 61: Queen of Poo"? 

It works on two levels. First, this is the woman who recommends weighing your feces, and second, everything she advises is shit. It works, no? 

5 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Can the next thread be called "Lori Alexander 61: Queen of Poo"? 

It works on two levels. First, this is the woman who recommends weighing your feces, and second, everything she advises is shit. It works, no? 

Works for me! :laughing-rolling:

4 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

21st century mammogramms expose you to the radiation equivalent of a long distance flight - or 7 weeks of natural background radiation.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/understanding-radiation-risk-from-imaging-tests.html

I'm sorry @squiddysquid, but there is nowhere near enough woo in this link. Lori would never read/believe it.

In all seriousness, that was really interesting information. I've had multiple x-rays over the last 10 years; for my teeth, for my chest (more bouts of pneumonia than I'm really happy about), and other assorted bits and pieces. On the whole, I'm comfortable with the idea that the danger from an x-ray is far less than the danger of not being diagnosed and therefore treated correctly.

The Queen of Woo certainly flies to Wisconsin and most recently to New York.  I wonder how she handles TSA?  Even if you pay for pre-check you have to go through a scanner.  If she has another brain tumor and the only treatment is radiation therapy, is she going to refuse and use black salve on her head?  I think not.  The hypocrite will seek out state-of-the-art treatment while she peddles her wacky health theories to others.

19 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He will follow you and he will escalate, I guarantee it, to reestablish control over you and make sure you know you’re nothing without him. Challenging this behavior can be so, so dangerous.

I freaked out internally when I read that - he's screaming and you....walk away?   Yeah, that's going to work out real well.    Good way to escalate horrifically.  Great way to find yourself slammed against the wall, minimum.  Her advice is so so stupid and very very dangerous.   She should be stopped.  

On 12/29/2018 at 3:08 AM, cara said:

Where does the idea that we get 60-70 vaccines come from? I have my immunisation  card from childhood and it says I've had, throughout my life, shots for MMR, polio, pertussis, hep A and B and TB. I've also had a tetnus following a dog bite and a few boosters so that's nowhere near 60+ vaccinations that anti vaxxers say we get

I was thinking this exact same thing. A friends of mine made a similar comment a year or so ago. I could pull my daughters vaccine card right now & wouldn't count even half that number of total shots. I didn't jump on all of the optional ones, but I did do all the standard ones, chicken pox, & I let her make the choice on the HPV preventative which she went for.  Not counting regular flu shots, I don't know where they get the number 60 from. 

56 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I freaked out internally when I read that - he's screaming and you....walk away?   Yeah, that's going to work out real well.    Good way to escalate horrifically.  Great way to find yourself slammed against the wall, minimum.  Her advice is so so stupid and very very dangerous.   She should be stopped.  

Agree. Verbal abusers believe they have the right to say those thing and that they're justified. To walk away is usually a sign of disrespect to them and for a narcissist that is triggering. I think the best bet is to leave when they are away and with careful planning.

Below is a link for safety planning because leaving one's SO is one of the most dangerous times for the abused. I think it's helpful info to have around for family and friends. Also leaving their phone behind may be necessary. There are parent apps that can be hidden on teens phones that allow you to track them. Abusers have been known to put them on their victims phones to track them. Having a close family member or friend buy a disposable phone may be life saving. 

https://www.thehotline.org/help/path-to-safety/

Re: diet drinks & the diabetes... My husband has found tea was his greatest ally in kicking his previous soda habit. At home I use things like agave syrup or actual raw sugar (we get it from the mill workers before it good for processing). I think he uses Sweet n Low in his coffee.  In 2 years he's been able to do his A1C from above 11 down to around 6.7 or so. He almost never bottoms out, but it does happen on occasion. He's on both Metformin & Invokana, they've helped tremendously. 

Re: verbal/emotional abuse ... I've had several friends who've escaped those kind of relationships say they'd rather to have been hit instead. Bruises heal... words stick. Lori is such a fool. Not all abuse is so clear cut & dried. Some abusers are savvy, or they simply have that destructive personality. It can be years of little niggling things... subtly picking on someone's intelligence or self esteem. It isn't all yelling or denial. It takes years to see it for the victim & even longer to heal from the effects. 

Any bets on when Lucy will be deleted? She asked for an actual source.

I suppose our family should be on the lookout for CPS since the Mr. is a  Baptist pastor.

If there truly was a Christian family who had children removed, it was because something else was going on. 

ETA: Our children go to public high school and neither are homosexual. So nope, public school doesn't make you gay.

Screenshot_2018-12-31-10-55-29.png

From Alyssa's Instagram:

The highlight of it all was getting to spend every waking moment with Grandma during her last week here on earth. Eternity gives you perspective and makes you think: what really matters? How I can invest more into my true purpose and let go of the things that will not matter in the end? 

This makes Lori not being there, so much worse imo.  Watching someone die changes you forever.  The idea that Alyssa's cousins had their moms by their side, while Alyssa didn't, just breaks my heart for her.  I would NEVER in a million years let my child go through something like that alone.  I've had to do it, and when I walked out of that hospital room, I had aged 10 years in an instant.

Of course, I totally understand that Lori was on vacation AND going viral at the time.  Priorities, I guess...

If these people are counting each shot one receives in their lifetime as a vaccine, then I’m in trouble. I get close to 60 “vaccines” a year, with my vitamin b-12 injections/shots and allergy shots.  

On 12/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, Pammy said:

There’s always regular old caffeine tablets, though, if you want to make a change. Caffeine doesn’t need to come dissolved in beverage to do its magic.

Don't forget ??!!  Gotta count the sugar though...

LOri says that babies and young children are born with no sexual desire. She’s making it more and more obvious she’s never changed any of her baby boys’ diapers. :my_dodgy:

Vaccines by age one, even with all individual shots, that equals about 23 shots, not 60. You get 4 HepB (hepatitis B ), 3 RV (rotavirus), 3 DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis), 4 HiB (haemophilus influenzae), 4 PCV13 (pneumococcus), 3 IPV (polio), 2 flu (the first time children get the shot they get 2 doses). No, the Vitamin K shot is NOT a vaccine so I am not counting it. 

Add 1 more DTaP, 1 MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), 1 Varicella (chickenpox), 2 Hep A (hepatitis A), and 1 flu by age 2. A final DTaP, MMR and Varicella are done before children start school and one yearly flu. That adds a total of 15 more shots to reach 37 total through age 6. 

If continue to age 18 with the yearly flu vaccine you get 49 and then add 1 Tdap booster as a teen, 3 HPV, adding 2 MenACWY for a maximum of 55 total individual shots. 

After 18, every 10 years a Td/Tdap, yearly flu shots, some receive the MenB 2 doses. Older adults can receive the shingles vaccine. All other vaccinations available are only given for situations such as being bite by certain animals (ex. rabies) or visiting certain countries (ex. yellow fever) or in certain risky circumstances (ex. anthrax). 

Please note that I did the max number of vaccines. Hep B, Rotavirus, HiB can all have one less dose depending on which vaccine was provided. HPV can have 2 instead of 3 shots now as well. They also make combination shots that can decrease the number of individual shots given so I am estimating high. 

I vaguely remember my kids as infants getting a vaccine at every well baby visit in their first year. I think they got the first HepB shot right there in the hospital right after birth. 

My kids were fully vaxx'd and I never had a problem with their shots for school enrollment. My grandson's "mother"* refused to have him vaxx'd because she thought he was "fragile"**. He got pertussis. He was sick for weeks. He's all caught up on his shots now. 

*his "mother" has walked out of his life and my daughter has custody of him. His father (#2 son) is trying to pull his life together.

**"fragile", yes, he was born at roughly 36 weeks and was under 6lbs. However, by the time he was a year old he was a robust 20+ lbs. He never was on the "adjusted" growth curve. 

16 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

. No, the Vitamin K shot is NOT a vaccine so I am not counting it. 

It seems per the world wide web, that the majority of anti-vaxxers have decided it is and are refusing it for their newborns. 

Because anything in a syringe is evil. 

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Because anything in a syringe is evil. 

I wonder how many of these anti-vaxxers would deny their children insulin. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived