IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

On 1/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, SongRed7 said:

not defending Ken but he seems to be better parent...and actually spent time with them, fed them real food, etc (in between working on one or more of the kids "wrong thinking."  That still makes me cringe.)

No he's not. He's just as bad as Lori and more adept at being a spiritual abuser. He also refused to pay for one of the girl's college education. The girl wanted to study home economics at that ridiculous Master's College - which is now on accreditation suspension - and Ken said no. I think he was very cruel and that is why Alyssa fled at 18 with basically the clothes on her back. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

No he's not. He's just as bad as Lori and more adept at being a spiritual abuser. He also refused to pay for one of the girl's college education. The girl wanted to study home economics at that ridiculous Master's College - which is now on accreditation suspension - and Ken said no. I think he was very cruel and that is why Alyssa fled at 18 with basically the clothes on her back. 

I agree that Ken is terrible (not least because of his whole “sexual abuse is only a problem if you make it one” thing—not a direct quote but that’s the spirit). But not wanting to pay for that specific college seems reasonable, if it’s as lousy as it sounds...

Ken speaks again! He seems to go silent for a while then comes roaring back.  I don’t know what I was thinking, but he’s awful. According to this ladies, if you have a bad marriage it’s because one of two reasons-  and both are your fault! 

Ken Alexander: You bet!  The primary reasons Christian young ladies end up in a terrible marriage is either they chose badly, or they chose well but their expectations are through the roof. So the ruin their relationship trying to get their husband to fulfill their perceived needs and desires. Definitely parents must be teaching their children to make wise choices and choose only godly young men with potential. Then rest in that choice and allow him to grow up as he leads.

“Allow him to grow up as he leads”?

Umm, I would prefer that my husband already be grown up before we get married, thankyouverymuch, Kenny-boy.

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Ken speaks again! He seems to go silent for a while then comes roaring back.  I don’t know what I was thinking, but he’s awful. According to this ladies, if you have a bad marriage it’s because one of two reasons-  and both are your fault! 

Ken Alexander: You bet!  The primary reasons Christian young ladies end up in a terrible marriage is either they chose badly, or they chose well but their expectations are through the roof. So the ruin their relationship trying to get their husband to fulfill their perceived needs and desires. Definitely parents must be teaching their children to make wise choices and choose only godly young men with potential. Then rest in that choice and allow him to grow up as he leads.

Wait, direct quote or summary?? Because that....

31 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Wait, direct quote or summary?? Because that....

It's a direct quote from Kenny boy himself. It's under this comment thread from her stupid ass doodle the other day about "Not more than many women" 

Screenshot_20190118-082226.png

I do think Ken probably spent more time with the children. We know he was the one to feed them real food, and he may not have spanked as much as Lori.

I wouldn't necessarily say he was a better parent, but somehow I think his kids do find him more tolerable.  A while back there was a pic of him and Alyssa on vacation with no Lori in sight.

I vote both are equally horrible but Ken is better at hiding it. He attempts to make things sound "reasonable" with long rambling replies and such. It's fairly easy to see through his bullshit but maybe other have a harder time because they fall a sleep midway through this Facebook page book long posts. Maybe women get into awful marriages because abusive guys are good at hiding and many aspects of culture encourage women to dismiss any negative behavior with "he'll grow out of it"; "you're being emotional"; and "it's not that bad" 

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Wow. Thanks for confirming it’s a direct quote.

I want to ask Ken: what about husband’s expectations? According to Lori, they should not only EXPECT slave-labor and near-constant sex, they should in fact DEMAND it. Why is it good for a husband to expect but not a wife? Asshats.

(And why do fundies decide in advance what both husband and wife should want instead of letting each person want what they want and work it out nicely and mutually with their partner? But that is an eternal question.)

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

“Allow him to grow up as he leads”?

Umm, I would prefer that my husband already be grown up before we get married, thankyouverymuch, Kenny-boy.

I know, right? If I wanted to raise a child, I'd birth or adopt one, not marry one. Anyone who is an adult sharing a house with me better be an actual adult who pulls their weight and is an equal partner. If I feel the need to constantly feed and clean up after someone I'll get a cat.

"Allow him to grow up as leader."

ooooo that reminds me of my Mom telling us that "at first your husband will be harsh and/or overbearing or bossy after you get married. But don't take it personally because that's just him trying to find his footing as leader of his own house and family." 

DEAR GOD. 

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I just rolled my eyeballs so hard they broke.

Remember Dave? The guy on TTW who said that a wife has no right to refuse to participate if her husband commands her to help molest their kids? And Lori allowed that comment to stand?  I just saw this, sounds like Dave's kind of woman.  TW:  Mother knowing about child abuse and refusing to report.  

On 1/17/2019 at 9:09 AM, Petronella said:

Yes, and if that's not what someone wants, it must be because they have been deceived into wanting OBSCENE WEALTH, MULTIPLE LUXURY CARS, DESIGNER CLOTHES, JEWELS, CRUISES, and, let us not forget, TO BE POWERFUL (and possibly famous) which is the only motive they can fathom for a woman working a job. Those are the only two options: pursuit of power and wealth, or living exactly like them. Living a normal life for your own mix of reasons? Does not compute.

No, wait, that sounds an awful lot like now-bankruptcy-threatened LuLaRoe (spelling?) that many fundies on my FB feed were pushing a year or two ago.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

ooooo that reminds me of my Mom telling us that "at first your husband will be harsh and/or overbearing or bossy after you get married. But don't take it personally because that's just him trying to find his footing as leader of his own house and family." 

fuck that. I'm not dealing with an overgrown 2 year old. things are stressful at my house right now and he's being an asshole. I called him out on it this morning. I don't give a fuck that his CGM fucked up, I don't give a damn he's stressed out too. No excuse to come at me with a face full of pissed off at 6:15 am. I just don't give a fuck. I feel like throwing the mother of all temper tantrums right now...but I won't. Because I'm a grown up. He tried to hand me some bullshit about getting pissed made him feel better...I reminded him that it damn sure didn't make me feel better and I sat on my hands to keep from popping him upside the head. 

Yes, I'm beyond angry right now. I want to throw things, break things, yell, scream, beat the fuck out of something. But, that doesn't do any good, does it? 

19 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Yes, I'm beyond angry right now. I want to throw things, break things, yell, scream, beat the fuck out of something. But, that doesn't do any good, does it?

Do it.  Go find you some batting cages if you have to.  Go find a place with a whack a mole game or just go out into nature and scream for all you're worth.  Do it. Get an old babydoll and beat the hell out of it.  Whatever it takes.  It may only be mildly cathartic but it will release a bit of that tension.  :hug:

Spoiler

4D641F66-BAB5-419D-B5C9-628308C4E61A.thumb.jpeg.7ba08a6439aefffefab2dadc356e9916.jpeg

Spoiler

CCE30D2B-A781-41CB-8F6B-14930C2C920E.thumb.jpeg.574c1a8f813557bd5dcb4c280a77d618.jpeg

Sorry Kyle but women working isn’t what caused wages to drop. 

True femanism doesn’t destroy families. It sees all as equal. 

An introductory economics course will tell you that the loss of wages is not simply due to "supply and demand" in the simplistic way that they are implying. Have they ever heard of the multiplier effect? Women's income have increased the the buying power and therefore increased the demand in certain areas and products. How much would the demand be for orthodontist and their consultants if women did not bring in a income to their families?

12 hours ago, Petronella said:

I agree that Ken is terrible (not least because of his whole “sexual abuse is only a problem if you make it one” thing—not a direct quote but that’s the spirit). But not wanting to pay for that specific college seems reasonable, if it’s as lousy as it sounds...

Let's be honest, I am sure Ken wouldn't have paid for either of his daughters to go to college. I think she tried to chose home economics because it would have been an acceptable course of study for a woman. I understand that Alyssa was quite a gifted dancer. Their are several colleges she could have attended to study dance. Instead she left home at 18 with nothing but a suitcase....no money, no place to stay etc. Compare that to the boys - college, career set up with Ken etc

10 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

And one of Lori's fan boys stated that if one (I presume one of those "godly" men like Ken) looked at the claims of a woman that she suffered abuse at the hands of her husband, it would likely be found that the woman instigated it.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Compare the 2 posts!!

20190118_153741.jpg

Omg can you imagine having a harridan like that for a mother-in-law? 

2 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Omg can you imagine having a harridan like that for a mother-in-law? 

LOL. I laughed at the "make do" comment. Yeah, Lori is a real innovator. After all, she discovered that she (actually the maid) could clean the sink with dish soap. 

Can you imagine surviving a plane crash with her and then being stuck in the wilderness for weeks awaiting rescue? (I just read a story about two plane crash survivors and how they coped with each other's vast personal differences.)

31 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Can you imagine surviving a plane crash with her and then being stuck in the wilderness for weeks awaiting rescue? (I just read a story about two plane crash survivors and how they coped with each other's vast personal differences.)

Well, cannabalism certainly wouldn't be an option, she's too toxic for that. 

22 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Well, cannabalism certainly wouldn't be an option, she's too toxic for that. 

Cannibalism was the first thing that sprang to my mind...but you're right, we'd be poisoned.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived