IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh y'all, I just can't with today's "men invented everything"  post.  This has got to be in the Lori Top Ten of Stupidity, (and she's just got to talk about a man's sex drive again).  

Women have invented many, many things.  Lori has obviously never seen Shark Tank with all the cool inventions and business ideas made by women. Once again, Lori makes it a men vs. women thing like some competition. Ugh

That is all. Carry on...

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

Yes, and if that's not what someone wants, it must be because they have been deceived into wanting OBSCENE WEALTH, MULTIPLE LUXURY CARS, DESIGNER CLOTHES, JEWELS, CRUISES, and, let us not forget, TO BE POWERFUL (and possibly famous) which is the only motive they can fathom for a woman working a job. Those are the only two options: pursuit of power and wealth, or living exactly like them. Living a normal life for your own mix of reasons? Does not compute.

Yeah, I just want a decent place to live, drive a decent car, afford groceries, occasional shopping trips and maybe a vacation (Spacefest is currently on hold due to circumstances). 

If you want to call a 2017 Explorer and a 1999 Expedition "luxury cars", have at it...whatever makes you happy. 

10 hours ago, Petronella said:

I’m kind of a downer, I guess, but I’m always baffled when FJers claim that some blogger must read here because they corrected something that was posted about.

C’mon, it’s a grammar mistake. A LOT of people will have noticed it and she could well have been told about it by commenters, chat room people, etc. (I almost suggested that it was possible she noticed it herself, but she doesn’t seem like the type ?

I actually do think she may read here, but correcting an obvious mistake isn’t “proof”. Correlation does not equal causation.

I think it does matter that it can be proven that a particular person reads here.  Especially when that person gives horrible, dangerous advice and is known to be an abuser.  She admits having hit Ken and the so-called discipline her children received which I also consider to be abuse.  And then there was the time she deleted the suicide hotline phone number.  Because she has people who read the crap she puts on her pages, and followers who give every indication that they agree with her and follow her sick advice.  She is an awful person with awful ideas.  I don't expect her to change all her opinions just because of what we might say here.  But it's still worth trying to get the point across to her - and hopefully any of her followers that search and find FJ.  Maybe the will see that their idol is dangerous.

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Yes, and if that's not what someone wants, it must be because they have been deceived into wanting OBSCENE WEALTH, MULTIPLE LUXURY CARS, DESIGNER CLOTHES, JEWELS, CRUISES, and, let us not forget, TO BE POWERFUL (and possibly famous) which is the only motive they can fathom for a woman working a job. Those are the only two options: pursuit of power and wealth, or living exactly like them. Living a normal life for your own mix of reasons? Does not compute.

Well, I do work to maintain my obscenely wealthy lifestyle with an 18 year old Pontiac and jeans from Kohl's that I haven't replaced in at least 4 years. 

27 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I think it does matter that it can be proven that a particular person reads here. 

And when that person claims to be totally submissive and obedient to her husband, who won't allow her to read here.  It's just another lie added to her already long list.  

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Well, I do work to maintain my obscenely wealthy lifestyle with an 18 year old Pontiac and jeans from Kohl's that I haven't replaced in at least 4 years. 

My jeans come from Walmart, one of only about two things I buy from that obnoxious place (I can't find jeans cheap enough that fit me well anywhere else, dammit). I wonder if Lori has ever even driven past a Walmart, much less walked into one? :my_dodgy:

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

My jeans come from Walmart, one of only about two things I buy from that obnoxious place (I can't find jeans cheap enough that fit me well anywhere else, dammit). I wonder if Lori has ever even driven past a Walmart, much less walked into one? :my_dodgy:

I've lost about ten lbs in the last 7 months. So my fraying Kohl's jeans really don't fit very well anymore. Had to ask for a belt for Christmas. But I'm still not replacing them. Not in the budget. Because the electric bill, internet/cable bill, trash bill, tax bill, groceries, etc...are all in the budget instead. 

I'd like to see Lori and Ken spend six months in a rental living on about $40,000/yr salary's take home pay. Then she can preach to everyone about how they don't really need money to pay bills and should buy her beloved overpriced butter, etc...

@louisa05 Congrats on your weight loss! :pb_smile: I need to lose about twenty (well, more, really, but I'm at the age where I don't care if I never get down to my lowest adult weight again! I just want to be a bit healthier). Which will then necessitate another trip to Walmart, unless I can find a nice belt--or some used Walmart Lee jeans-- at the thrift store to hold me over for awhile. 

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@louisa05 Congrats on your weight loss! :pb_smile: I need to lose about twenty (well, more, really, but I'm at the age where I don't care if I never get down to my lowest adult weight again! I just want to be a bit healthier). Which will then necessitate another trip to Walmart, unless I can find a nice belt--or some used Walmart Lee jeans-- at the thrift store to hold me over for awhile. 

KOHLS!!! 

Their Sonoma jeans are just as cheap as WallyWorld. I paid 20 bucks. Another great place to look is Ross. I got a pair of 80 dollar jeans for 15 bucks. 

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I didn't really work too hard at it. A medical error in June screwed up my appetite and I barely ate for a couple of months. It still isn't normal so I'm just eating a lot less. 

I'd like to keep it off, though, so I won't be upset if this is a new normal. 

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I didn't really work too hard at it. A medical error in June screwed up my appetite and I barely ate for a couple of months. It still isn't normal so I'm just eating a lot less. 

I'd like to keep it off, though, so I won't be upset if this is a new normal. 

Not the best way to lose the weight, for sure. I hope it was no worse than loss of appetite!

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

KOHLS!!! 

Their Sonoma jeans are just as cheap as WallyWorld. I paid 20 bucks. Another great place to look is Ross. I got a pair of 80 dollar jeans for 15 bucks. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just discovered Sonoma stuff, Kohl's had their basic T's (the ones with the curved hems) on sale in November for something like $5, so I bought a couple and I really like them. Next time I'm there, I'll have a look at the jeans. And Ross is right next door to the Kohl's here, conveniently enough! LOL. I'd love to find an alternative to Walmart, although I LOVE my Lee's. Other stores sell Lee jeans, too, but the styles are always slightly different and they just don't seem to fit me as well. And of course they're always well more than $20! :my_dodgy:

27 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

KOHLS!!! 

Also if there's a Gabe's nearby - I've found jeans for $6 there. You have to have time to look and try stuff on, but they have some nice stuff super cheap sometimes.

I love Kohl's!  I got a dress there (the first one I've owned in 20 years) for my niece's wedding.  $34.99!  I was thrilled!  I also like Marshall's.  Our Ross is ridiculously understocked.  No clue why.  There's one about 20 minutes away that is great, but the one close to me, not so much.

Fuck you Ken!! You aren't one ounce sorry about this woman's circumstances, you are just sorry that your stupid ass wife is caught once again giving dangerous advice. Remember she has repeatedly deleted hotlines and helpful advice from other women. May karma catch up with you and Lori. 

20190117_153121.png

6 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

Fuck you Ken!! You aren't one ounce sorry about this woman's circumstances, you are just sorry that your stupid ass wife is caught once again giving dangerous advice. Remember she has repeatedly deleted hotlines and helpful advice from other women. May karma catch up with you and Lori. 

20190117_153121.png

Wich help should she seek? Didn't Lori always say that it's the womans fault if her husband abuses her and that she should pray, become even more meek and submit harder to make him stop? So now she is also at fault for heeding this fucked up advise and didn't seek help. Disgusting

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh y'all, I just can't with today's "men invented everything"  post.  This has got to be in the Lori Top Ten of Stupidity, (and she's just got to talk about a man's sex drive again).  

Yeah...I just don't get it. What's the point?   OK...men have more testosterone. No one is arguing that.  Men have invented things. So have women.  Maybe men have invented more things, because traditionally MEN limited WOMEN in the things they could do (especially when it come to academics.) 

And again, what with the football reference.  It seems Lori and Ken and always using football analogies and examples. Once a week (it was twice for Lori this week) one of them talks about football.  Ken once said child birth was no big deal and men could handle the pain because "football" so they know pain. 

Despite all of Lori's protestation, I don't know anyone who thinks men and women aren't different. Of course they are different.  But what Lori is arguing is that makes men BETTER than women. No, Lori. It just means they are different.  And it doesn't mean women wish they were men.  I'm not jealous of my husband's or any other man's testosterone.  And i am really GLAD I wasn't born with a penis between my legs.  I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it is and all the adjusting and shifting one has to do as a matter of routine. :pb_lol:

Although admittedly, it would be handy to go behind a tree and whip it out when nature calls.  Squatting is hard, yo.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I think it does matter that it can be proven that a particular person reads here.  Especially when that person gives horrible, dangerous advice and is known to be an abuser.  She admits having hit Ken and the so-called discipline her children received which I also consider to be abuse.  And then there was the time she deleted the suicide hotline phone number.  Because she has people who read the crap she puts on her pages, and followers who give every indication that they agree with her and follow her sick advice.  She is an awful person with awful ideas.  I don't expect her to change all her opinions just because of what we might say here.  But it's still worth trying to get the point across to her - and hopefully any of her followers that search and find FJ.  Maybe the will see that their idol is dangerous.

You quoted my post, so I assume your “I think it does matter” is meant to be in response to me, but I never said it didn’t matter.

I did say that it’s foolish to claim that fixing spelling and grammar errors is proof of people reading here. That happens over and over, on many threads.

I just think it makes sense to focus on the *valid* reasons there are for asserting someone reads here, and to not get derailed by focussing on someone fixing a typo or the like as “proof.” I think this is important precisely because it does matter.

Edited to add: I’m not desperate to keep talking about this semantic stuff, but I feel like this post was accusing me of saying something I hadn’t said. Same with the person who quoted my post saying that spinster can be an insult by “still contending” that she thinks it’s an insult. I’m just...well, really baffled! Why are people replying “but” to things I haven’t said?? Even directly quoting the things that didn’t at all say what they’re responding to? This has been a very weird day on FJ for me...

I started watching Grace and Frankie and it takes place in Lori's neck of the woods.  That ruins it for me.

22 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I started watching Grace and Frankie and it takes place in Lori's neck of the woods.  That ruins it for me.

Well, crap, I was about to start watching that one since I just recently got Netflix. Now I'm not so sure. LOL.

So my dad is still at the hospital about to start his fourth surgery in a month, another emergency one. Please be sending prayers and thoughts our way. I'm going to speak to a hospital advocate to see what our options are. 

I wonder if Lori understands that a female body also produces testosterone and that, gasp, a male body produces estrogen. In fact, that estrogen is absolutely necessary for a man's sexual function. 

She has zero grasp on science and on history. I actually laughed at her statements that birth control didn't exist a couple hundred years ago and men invented everything. Has she ever cracked open a book beside the Bible? If I was her father, I'd be demanding my money back for paying for her college education.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:47 AM, SongRed7 said:

A quick check of Severines FB Page reveals she’s FB friends with John Mcgregor and  some of the other ridiculous men who post on Lori’s page.  So it begs a question, what came first: the chicken or the egg? Was she friends with them before or did they all meet in Lori land and then befriend each other.  I think she’s one of those women that enjoy traveling in the manosphere and is very familiar with them. On one picture on her page with her husband she said she met him at a “league” meeting. That seems creepy.  I don’t think she was referring to a bowling league 

She belongs to a white Nationalist, Neo-Confederate, white supremacist organization called "League of the South". That is where she and her equally racist husband met. The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated it a hate group. I have messaged Lori about this multiple times and she ignores it of course. Any racist port in a storm I guess. 

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/league-south

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/11/01/league-south-members-flee-michael-hill-seeks-legal-funds

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived