IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

7 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Curious to know the backstory with Lori’s leghumper, Severine. I don’t know how people get caught up in that lifestyle.

A quick check of Severines FB Page reveals she’s FB friends with John Mcgregor and  some of the other ridiculous men who post on Lori’s page.  So it begs a question, what came first: the chicken or the egg? Was she friends with them before or did they all meet in Lori land and then befriend each other.  I think she’s one of those women that enjoy traveling in the manosphere and is very familiar with them. On one picture on her page with her husband she said she met him at a “league” meeting. That seems creepy.  I don’t think she was referring to a bowling league 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

Ugh. I can’t follow Lori regularly... but she knows  her page is now a page for alt right white men who hate women, right?

Yes. And she's fine with it.

Okay guys, if you were impressed by Lori's recent soak+sink=  clean sink discovery, you won't believe what I found out today.

See this thing? 

toilet.PNG.b433c6381f654dce36484925301a591e.PNG

I don't know what it is, but we'll call it a dinglehopper for now.  Anyway, *IF* you spray a bit of cleaner in your toilet, and then apply this...dinglehopper (you've gotta kind of swirl in a circular like motion), it will actually clean your toilet.

I swear, it's amazing what you learn when you never leave your house.  THIS is why I love being a Godly Older Woman!  I am always learning!

8 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Not using the same Norwex cloth on the toilet and sink/face?

So are Red pills like Jesse the male version of spinsters?

After reading your first sentence I want to shower with an antiseptic solution.

Since a spinster is an unmarried woman, who want's to be married, I think they are male spinsters. And for the sake of all women I hope they stay that.

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

After reading your first sentence I want to shower with an antiseptic solution.

Since a spinster is an unmarried woman, who want's to be married, I think they are male spinsters. And for the sake of all women I hope they stay that.

I don't think spinster means wants to be married. It's just an old-fashioned way of saying single.

True that the equivalent, "bachelor", has a jauntier connotation, while spinster has an unfortunate connotation of pitiable. But I think that pity is implied as external rather than necessarily internal to the woman herself.

(Where I live, it's still a "thing" to read the banns of marriage in church for several weeks before a wedding. Up until recently, the unjudgmental, traditional wording included "bachelor of this parish" and "spinster of this parish." It is now "single of this parish.")

33 minutes ago, Petronella said:

I don't think spinster means wants to be married. It's just an old-fashioned way of saying single.

True that the equivalent, "bachelor", has a jauntier connotation, while spinster has an unfortunate connotation of pitiable. But I think that pity is implied as external rather than necessarily internal to the woman herself.

(Where I live, it's still a "thing" to read the banns of marriage in church for several weeks before a wedding. Up until recently, the unjudgmental, traditional wording included "bachelor of this parish" and "spinster of this parish." It is now "single of this parish.")

The underlying tone of Severina's post was spinsters are to be pitied and looked down on because they do not have eleventy thousand children and a Godly headship to tell them what to do.  The tone was "you're less than."

I do wonder if the headship makes all decisions, how are they able to post an opinion presumably of their own on Facebook.  Shouldn't the headship be the keeper of the passwords and the submissive wife shouldn't be allowed to communicate in a public forum where there are unmarried men that they converse with.  

Lori- People "scolded" you because you referred to scripture as "destructive".  The end.destructive.PNG.f402c368bad206a1752711b2d1c7fe80.PNG

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Wait, where in the Bible does it say "Aged women - you get to teach younger women these 2 specific passages. Tell them the rest of scripture is destructive if you want, no big deal." 

Quite frankly I'd rather not have an afterlife than spend eternity with Lori and other "submissive" wives who are trying to get their eternal reward after a life of misery.

"Not more than a few people scolded me for not teaching...."

Good grief her writing is atrocious!  I think the fact that she states nearly everything in the negative is a perfect illustration of her character. 

Anyway, does she mean MORE THAN A FEW PEOPLE scolded her? Because "Not more than a few" means...well,  A FEW...so she has nothing to complain about. Even her cries of persecution are subpar. 

Lori is engaging in hermeneutical gymnastics to try to explain away Deborah as Judge/Leader of Israel.

Is it just me, or is it hypocritical that she ignores the inconsistency with which she approaches interpreting Scripture.  A poor translation of a clause in a letter is a "mandate" for women to not work and stay at home (so exactly as it is translated), but a couple of chapters about a woman leader is a "rebuke to the nation" despite there being NOTHING in the text indicating that it is a rebuke.  

So far this week it has been - "some of Scripture is destructive" and "some of Scripture doesn't mean what it says" and "some of Scripture is exactly what is says and is a mandate for all women at all times" - but Lori has no rhyme or reason to how we are supposed to pick and choose which Scripture actually means what she thinks it says.

In other words, Lori will continue to mis-use the Word of God to make it say what she wants it to say.  This is, in fact, false teaching and leading people astray.  Some might even call it heresy.  

I have not gone back to read the book of Judges. Is Lori saying that, in the absence of strong male leadership, Deborah was allowed to lead/teach? 

Lori does not even follow that example. She has frequently said that a wife is to submit even to an ungodly husband, one who won't lead or who is leading the household into sin. So, in the absence of godly male leadership, according to Lori, the wife is jst supposed to submit more, keep her mouth shut and watch her home and family fall apart. You know, unlike the biblical example set forth in the book of Judges  

Am I understanding this correctly? 

19 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Stop the presses!! Lori just learned you can clean you sink with dish soap!!! Seriously, she is 60 and has never done this before. 

What in the world did she use before? Has she never cleaned it? GROSS!

44 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

The world's shortest book -- "The Biblical wisdom of Lori Alexander."

But 'The Extra-Biblical Bullshit of Lori Alexander' is an extremely long and repetitive book.  Using the word 'book' very loosely, of course. 

18 minutes ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

What in the world did she use before? Has she never cleaned it? GROSS!

The housekeeper cleans and disinfects it regularly.  :kitty-shifty:

42 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

The world's shortest book -- "The Biblical wisdom of Lori Alexander."

Short enough to be printed on a single piece of toilet paper and that's where her message belongs, draining down the toilet.*

*I mean no offense to the religious feelings of other members here. I read her bullshit as an independend atheist feminist woman and that's cringeworthy enough for me. I can emphasize that it must be worse for christian readers here, with her evil twisting of your beliefs. I really mean her whole message, not her missuse of the bible to back it up.

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Here I tought that spinster means a woman who want's to be married instead of just an old fashioned word for single woman. Is spinster even uses a lot for single women in english speaking countries outside of fundiedom? The german equivalent wasn't the most friendly term for an older single woman, too. But we also had an old fashioned word for single men, who wouldn't married that had a negative connotation. But both aren't used anymore, since unmarried partnership became more popular and is now the norm here.

I always thought spinster was meant as Bridget Jones meant it: a woman who WANTED a ring and a date, but didn't yet have one and was getting older an older by the minute...

Old Maid is the term that was used when I was a little girl, in the South.

I'm glad THAT'S gone...

@klein_roeschen, no offense taken from you!  I think her fake gospel needs to be flushed, too!  And I'm a preacher! 

It's the fact that she and Ken have SO BADLY PERVERTED who God is, as revealed by Jesus Christ, according to the Bible. It is religion.  That is why I HATE RELIGION.

I thought the origin of the word spinster was "one who spins" fiber.  It was actually not perjorative initially.  

I was watching the 1949 June Allyson version of Little Women yesterday.  There's this one scene where Marmee tells Jo that it is not important to her that her daughters marry rich men, but rather that they  marry good men and if they don't marry at all -if they remain old maids- then that can be a full and rewarding life too.  Marmee actually said old maids.  Mary Astor's Marmee is one of the reasons I love this adaptation.

ETA:  In The Quiet Man,  Mary Kate Danaher is referred to as a spinster in the banns.  She does not look pleased!

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Lori- People "scolded" you because you referred to scripture as "destructive".  The end.destructive.PNG.f402c368bad206a1752711b2d1c7fe80.PNG

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

"Not more than a few"?  What does that even mean??  More than a few would be a lot; not more that a few would be not a lot?  So hardly any people scolded her?  I don't think that is what she means.

1 minute ago, zeebaneighba said:

"Not more than a few"?  What does that even mean??  More than a few would be a lot; not more that a few would be not a lot?  So hardly any people scolded her?  I don't think that is what she means.

Looks like Lori just wanted to prove yet again that she learned nothing in college...and apparently very little in grade school.  

3 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

But 'The Extra-Biblical Bullshit of Lori Alexander' is an extremely long and repetitive book.  Using the word 'book' very loosely, of course. 

It’s also known as “The Power of a Transformed Wife.”

I have to admit that I do not like the word "spinster" personally as I have seen marriage certificates from parts of Africa which practices female genitalia mutilation and verify virginity prior to a licensed marriage as code for "qualifying for marriage" - that is a virgin.

So I'm neither single nor do I want to get married. Would the church still call me a spinster? Or rather Jezebel? Succubus?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived