IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

There are comments yesterday from a woman who says she has a  home based embroidery business and Lori, of course supports that. I looked at the woman's business FB page and site and it seems she gets a good amount of business. But, like Lori's jewelry maker DIL Erin, I'm betting the woman's embroidery business actually takes up a good amount of time and that means less time keeping the home and taking care of the kids.

A comment from another fangirl.  In a way I kind of feel sorry for her, but at the same time she just doesn't get why other women choose to work. Yeah, maybe that rebellion is fueled by some women who don't want their children to suffer because they know their husband's income isn't enough for the family to live off in a comfortable manner.  Or, maybe the rebellion is women wanting to build up savings, pensions, and other resources in case shit happens in life or so they can have decent amounts of money in their golden years. 

Some of these comments are so sad and dreadful. Good for you for teaching Biblical truth without fear. People are so blind and lost and led by the enemy that greed selfishness lead them rather than the Holy Spirit. I have always longed to be a sahm but I am not allowed to be. My husband requires me to work outside the home . He does not understand the Biblical standard and structure of family and marriage. Bc of this I have spent years praying asking God how I can still be submissive to my husband and pleasing to God . God provided me with a job that I can work while the kids are at school so I am able to be home when they are. And I simply work twice as hard when I am at home to catch up on all those lost hours where I should have been at home. I believe God gives me the energy and grace to do this . God has also provided me with a job where I get to help the elderly and take care of them so I am still able to minister and witness to others while Im outside the home working . The comments here that are full of pure rebellion are very sad to me . The devil deceives women in this area where they think its a good thing to be “ independent” and out there working like a man. They do not see the rebellion at work in their stony hearts.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Briefly said:

I have wondered if it is real or not.  I have seen references to it, but I have not been on this site as long as some people have. Has it been verified, for lack of a better term, that she really does have a brain tumor?  She comes across as a complete hypochondriac to me.

I don't seriously believe that the tumor is made up, beyond not trusting Lori in general that is.  However, I don't know if she has hypochondria, Munchausen's, or is just a liar about her general health, but her illnesses seem to be far too convenient to be purely physical conditions IMO.  

Mathematically, it's very simple to see why I work:

Hub's monthly income - maybe 2100.00/month (no benefits offered, combined SSDI and part-time job)

My monthly income - right at 3000.00/month (with full benefits)

Both figures are after taxes. 

Hub's income alone - shitty apartment, busted down cars (would have never had the $$ to pay 950 bucks for the fuel pump), still would have had to sell my Mustang. 

Both incomes - nice townhouse, cash for car repairs, new SUV for me, plenty of groceries, nights out, fun. 

Not a hard decision!

@feministxtian but but...you're supposed to suffer!! Suffer I say!  You're supposed to live in squalor to show how devoted you are to God.  I mean Lori doesn't have to, but she married the "right kind of man".  She'd have shit kittens if Ken would have been the one to have all the illnesses and issues that she's got.  

She's just a lazy, privileged old bat. 

3 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@feministxtian but but...you're supposed to suffer!! Suffer I say!  You're supposed to live in squalor to show how devoted you are to God.  I mean Lori doesn't have to, but she married the "right kind of man".  She'd have shit kittens if Ken would have been the one to have all the illnesses and issues that she's got.  

You need to understand. I suffer enough with my back/neck injuries. I've tried to live that broke-ass life. The stress of pain and trying to juggle $$ about sent me to the home to the bewildered. Lori can kiss my ass at the Bellagio fountain at high noon any day of the year if she has the balls to talk shit about my life. 

9 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

My guess here, if Ken would have become unable to work and bring in the cash, she would have looked for a new meal ticket to smooch of and handed him the divorce papers very quick. Lori didn't work, she let's other working.

13 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Too bad it's most likely NOT Ken pushing her to get a real job and off the damn computer. :)

That said, I wonder if Ken has tried to get her off the damn computer.   Maybe not with a job but get her to find another hobby, or volunteer or something other than post her nonsense and piss people off.

Actually, I just thought of something.   Lori probably can't get a job between her age and no job experience.  But volunteering?  That's something she certainly could do and make a positive difference instead of a negative one. 

Certainly would make Ken's life easier.  Not defending him by a long shot but geez the way she posts about her marriage and about him, amongst all the other crazy shit she spews,  I can't believe she gets away with that.  Seriously.  If I posted stuff about Mr. No the way she talks about Ken, or even if I said shit IRL, he would raise serious hell and rightfully so.   It's terribly damaging.  

55 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Actually, I just thought of something.   Lori probably can't get a job between her age and no job experience.  But volunteering?  That's something she certainly could do and make a positive difference instead of a negative one. 

Are you kidding? She'd spend her time criticizing everyone and generally being unpleasant. 

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Are you kidding? She'd spend her time criticizing everyone and generally being unpleasant. 

I was coming from the standpoint that she would be capable of doing something.   If she has the energy to doodle, post, argue and delete all day, then she would have the energy and the time that would go into volunteering or a hobby or something else more productive.  

As to how she would act toward everyone, that's an entirely different matter and you are right, she would be critical and unpleasant.    

17 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

She would be critical and unpleasant all right until she was asked/commanded to stop volunteering, but would bitch and moan that the people she was supposed to help just 'don't want the truth,' or some such bullshit. It would certainly not be her fault, of course. She would find a way to blame someone else.  

I clicked on the link @ViolaSebastian so helpfully provided and found this Lori quote posted by @Koala on page two:

Spoiler

I made it very clear that I am not "pro-abuse" and frankly, you write a bit too intellectually for me. This is why I usually have Ken respond. My posts and thoughts are fairly simple. I am not a highly academic person. I would like to think I am a wise woman and that is all that matters to me. All your interpretations of words confuse me. I do read your responses but I don't always understand the point you are trying to make. I know we agree on some things and disagree on others and that is fine with me. You always write thoughtful disagreements and that is why I publish your comments.

Bolding mine. Some things never change. This quote is from 2014, back when Lori was Always Learning. Over four years later Lori remains willfully ignorant despite her claim that she "spends hours researching". Lori and her ilk, with their simpering and feigned stupidity make me sick. Although in Lori's case, she may actually be stupid. 

The nuances of irony are clearly lost on Lori; she proves it over and over again. From todays doodle:

"How will others know we serve a Sovereign Living Savior if we are fretting about our culture and the sin around us?"

Next post will probably be about the evils of leggings.

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

She would be critical and unpleasant all right until she was asked/commanded to stop volunteering, but would bitch and moan that the people she was supposed to help just 'don't want the truth,'

I seriously believe she can't relate to or be around people. I think her family and her small group of friends (from college, who by all appearances look like they only get together occasionally) tolerate her in small doses. 

I recall on one of her posts about being a keeper at home, someone mentioned about outside friendships. And one of her leghumpers (it may have been Prudently) actually made good points about how it was important and biblical for women to have close networks of friends for fellowship and support. She never responded.  

I just get the impression that she is difficult in all of her relationships. There is just something missing that prevents her from relating to other people. She has mentioned she's a "straight arrow/rule follower" as well as a "taker."   I think that only is the tip of the ice berg.  Something in her personality seems to prohibit any human emotion/warmth/relatability/empathy/friendship.   

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

LOL. Actually I've met some very unpleasant volunteers, so maybe she'd find a place where she could fit right in!

8 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

She has mentioned she's a "straight arrow/rule follower" as well as a "taker."

It's one thing to admit that you follow rules, but to admit you are a "taker" is something else.   

I mean, that's a pretty negative thing to openly admit about yourself.  I have found that people who make those type of admissions (like "taker", "operator", "self centered") know darn well what they are doing and seem to say it as a sort of warning, even if it doesn't come out that way. 

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

LOL. Actually I've met some very unpleasant volunteers, so maybe she'd find a place where she could fit right in!

I have fired volunteers at the hospital where I work. Some of them are great, but the others Mamma Mia!  It's no fun to fire an 85-year-old for making racially charged comments.  Lori would fit in with some of the snarly ones I call the hags and nags.

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Is this Lori talking about her own experiences? Or did she copy from someone else and leave that part out? 

https://thetransformedwife.com/true-repentance-after-an-affair/ 

I don't think it's her.  I think she ripped off a story from her chat room and hasn't given credit....as usual.  

That being said, I am a proponent of working through such times and trying to save it...if it's savable.  I've been on every side of that awful equation and there's not single aspect of it that doesn't suck.  Somehow I don't think Lori has ever dealt with such a situation....I have a sneaking suspicion if she even suspected him of it she'd threaten to harbor his gonads in the same box she kept his money.  

I agree with others, Lori would be a pain in the ass as a volunteer. She admitted to having issues with people at churches. I think it's possible Lori did volunteer or participate in church programs. It likely didn't turn out well because of her awful personality. 

11 hours ago, FloraBama said:

A few more comments from the thread   @Lgirlrocks highlights above: 

F08D9EAB-28EC-4473-87E2-5EC21CB95B57.jpeg.6722e83cf0055c2a7f05b67dd996e59a.jpeg

0BA7B128-E403-4EC0-9A6E-B84FF337D6AE.jpeg.e05789d1a04fd6e30848fab03e12f490.jpeg

WHAT. A. BITCH. 

This is astonishing, truly. Truncated:

Commenter: "I'll keep teaching my girls that God can use them for anything and everything."

Lori: "You will be teaching them lies then."

THAT IS BONKERS. Lori is literally declaring the God of the universe, in whom she believes as the supreme creator and controller, is limited in how He can choose to act. Whether or not you believe in God, or this form of God, Lori does. So how does she justify this arrogant position?

She seems to be taking a stand that a women working is on a par with, say, sadistic murder. I could see this argument used if someone were claiming, say, that God told them to stalk and kill their neighbors; then, yes, it's fair to say flat out something like "God would not tell you to do that, ever." But women working? Little girls dreaming of taking responsibility or helping people or discovering things? That's "lies"?

Part of what astonishes me, apart from the obvious "it's good to have a place to live and food to eat" thing, is that life is so LONG. Okay, you think it's best for a mother to be home raising her kids. But even if you take that as a direct command from God himself, how does that apply to all the other years and years and years of life? Parenting is just one phase of life. It's literally physically limited.

I sometimes can't figure out if I've been a working mom or a stay-at-home mom. I think I may have even been a stay-at-home wife before the kids! Except I was also working freelance then, and while the kids were home (and we were even homeschooling!) I was writing books for money. Now that the kids are more independent (the one still at home is in school now) I'm sometimes teaching out of the house. *gasp* So I guess I'm a working woman now. But was I then too, when I was just writing from home? What would Lori say? Does the fact that I'm extremely lax in my housekeeping standards, whether I have paid work to do or not, factor in? Mysteries, mysteries...

Surely teaching them that God can use them for anything is the same as God will use them for His will? Am I being too simplistic?

1 hour ago, JabberJabber said:

Surely teaching them that God can use them for anything is the same as God will use them for His will? Am I being too simplistic?

This is what my former CEO taught me:  Never argue with a fool.  They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.  

This is why you can't make sense of Lori's arguments.  It's arguing with a fool.

10 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I haveired volunteers at the hospital where I work. Some of them are great, but the others Mamma Mia!  It's no fun to fire an 85-year-old for making racially charged comments.  Lori would fit in with some of the snarly ones I call the hags and nags.

I used to work at a non-profit and we called them “4Ws”. Well-off, well-meaning, white women. ;) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived