IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

13 hours ago, Frog99 said:

So I’m wondering if all of these career women posts are a passive aggressive hit on Erin. 

I was wondering who she was targeting as well.  In her "really bad cold" time of illness, she has been going full force the last couple days on women working. Post after post.  Someone is ticking her off. 

I'm so sick of her "there are no verses that say....xyz."   Well there are no verses that also prohibit college, women working, and a whole host of other things.  There are no verses that say men should go to college, work in offices, not help with household chores, etc.   I think God gave us a brain so we can figure things out ourselves.  It's not supposed to be that hard...walking the fine line of following all the rules and more rules and more rules.     

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lori, Maybe a lot of pastors don't preach on Titus 2 because it's not an issue of salvation. What matters is faith in Jesus. 

A woman having a career will not keep her out of heaven.

My husband teaches "where there is silence, there is liberty".

Keeper at home means that the home/family should be a woman's first priority. It doesn't mean she can never leave home.

I even agree women are to be helpmates (can't stand helpmeet) to their husbands, so how is a woman having a job outside the home wrong if her husband feels that is how she can best help him.

That's exactly what mine told me. He said he could do his own laundry, make himself something to eat.  I could best help him by contributing financially.

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm so sick of her "there are no verses that say....xyz."   

Stupid Lori Alexander acts like the bible was written in the USA last year or something. There are no verses that say a lot of things that pertain to contemporary life, dumb ass. No verses telling anybody to use computers or write blogs, for instance. Her thinking ability is so subpar.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I even agree women are to be helpmates (can't stand helpmeet) to their husbands

My husband is a helpmate to me also.

5 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Lori is yammering on again that 'There is no mention in the Bible of these women leaving their homes all day long, their children in the care of others, and working for a boss.' 

You know what else the bible doesn't mention? Cyber knife surgery. 

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

You know what else the bible doesn't mention? Cyber knife surgery. 

Hmmmm...maybe Lori's brain tumor wasn't real, since there is no mention in the Bible of brain tumors.  

Another thing not in the bible, going on a months long vacation, while her own mother is dying and not be at her deathbed. What's with honouring your mother and father?

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Hey Lori, Maybe a lot of pastors don't preach on Titus 2 because it's not an issue of salvation. What matters is faith in Jesus. 

A woman having a career will not keep her out of heaven.

My husband teaches "where there is silence, there is liberty".

Keeper at home means that the home/family should be a woman's first priority. It doesn't mean she can never leave home.

I even agree women are to be helpmates (can't stand helpmeet) to their husbands, so how is a woman having a job outside the home wrong if her husband feels that is how she can best help him.

That's exactly what mine told me. He said he could do his own laundry, make himself something to eat.  I could best help him by contributing financially.

Those are your personal beliefs for your marriage, though. Not every married woman sees herself as being home-focused or an assistant to her husband.

I absolutely disagree with making that a standard for every marriage, like Lori does. It's patriarchal.

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Another thing not in the bible, going on a months long vacation, while her own mother is dying and not be at her deathbed. What's with honouring your mother and father?

And her dad is very sick right now in the hospital but Lori claims she can't visit him because....wait for it....she has a chest cold! Yup, she has had it for 7-10 days now and that's her excuse. Whenever someone in family is close to dying she goes on vacation or gets sick. She can wear a mask to the hospital and she is long past the contagious part. Its a cold, not the flu. 

I swear, she's got to be the most useless individual I've come across in a very long time. 

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Those are your personal beliefs for your marriage, though. Not every married woman sees herself as being home-focused or an assistant to her husband.

I absolutely disagree with making that a standard for every marriage, like Lori does. It's patriarchal.

I don’t think Free Jana Duggar was trying to impose her way on anyone else. It read to me like she was pointing out how even she, with beliefs that in some ways have common ground with Lori’s, finds Lori’s extremism ridiculous and untenable.

(Not speaking for Free Jana, of course, but that’s how her comment read to me.)

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Hmmmm...maybe Lori's brain tumor wasn't real, since there is no mention in the Bible of brain tumors.  

I have wondered if it is real or not.  I have seen references to it, but I have not been on this site as long as some people have. Has it been verified, for lack of a better term, that she really does have a brain tumor?  She comes across as a complete hypochondriac to me.

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

I don’t think Free Jana Duggar was trying to impose her way on anyone else. It read to me like she was pointing out how even she, with beliefs that in some ways have common ground with Lori’s, finds Lori’s extremism ridiculous and untenable.

I don't think she was either @Free Jana Duggar, are you here so I don't misinterpret you? But the language sort of sounded like it was directed at women in general. 

I may just be overly nitpicky. And tense. ?

32 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I may just be overly nitpicky. And tense. ?

Lori has that effect...

1 hour ago, Briefly said:

I have wondered if it is real or not.  I have seen references to it, but I have not been on this site as long as some people have. Has it been verified, for lack of a better term, that she really does have a brain tumor?  She comes across as a complete hypochondriac to me.

IIRC, Ken mentioned her brain tumor during his visit here. So if she's bamboozling people, she's also bamboozling Ken.

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Maybe she was honoring her mother and father....maybe she was asked by her mom or dad not to show up.

I really hope she was told to stay away! :)

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

No, I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone else.

I was pointing out how Lori twists scripture about being a keeper at home and a helpmate to your husband.  

Back to the working woman thing again?

Blech.

I agree, someone has really pissed her off about this topic.

Too bad it's most likely NOT Ken pushing her to get a real job and off the damn computer. :)

7 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Too bad it's most likely NOT Ken pushing her to get a real job and off the damn computer. :)

I doubt Lori would be able to get a job now anyway. I can't see anyone hiring a 60 year old with no work history.  

Lori would never be able to get a job, because you can't just delete or block the people you have to work with.  

A chest cold is preventing her from seeing her father.  "How Conveeeenient!  Could it be Saaaatan?"

It would be amazing if JillyRod and clan and BroGHaw came to California to pray for healing for her.  Could you imagine the look of horror on her face when the RV and the broke down van pulls up they all come tumbling out, instruments and all, to pray for her healing and to cheer her up.  It would be like an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies and she is Mrs. Drysdale.

I had to have a little lighter thinking this morning.  You can see I've watched way too much evil television in my lifetime.  

10 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

No, I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone else.

I was pointing out how Lori twists scripture about being a keeper at home and a helpmate to your husband.  

Thank you. I'm sorry I nitpicked your post. ?

37 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori would never be able to get a job, because you can't just delete or block the people you have to work with.  

A chest cold is preventing her from seeing her father.  "How Conveeeenient!  Could it be Saaaatan?"

It would be amazing if JillyRod and clan and BroGHaw came to California to pray for healing for her.  Could you imagine the look of horror on her face when the RV and the broke down van pulls up they all come tumbling out, instruments and all, to pray for her healing and to cheer her up.  It would be like an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies and she is Mrs. Drysdale.

I had to have a little lighter thinking this morning.  You can see I've watched way too much evil television in my lifetime.  

Having Jill & co visit Lori would be so much fun. You just know they would hate each other so much. 

14 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And her dad is very sick right now in the hospital but Lori claims she can't visit him because....wait for it....she has a chest cold! Yup, she has had it for 7-10 days now and that's her excuse.

It's always about her.     Did she mention this publicly or was it in the chat room? 

Pfft, a cold is preventing Lazy Lori from visiting her father.  A damn vacation prevented her from seeing her own mother.  Lori is full of excuses.  I

I hope that her father gets well soon.

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Now I've got the BH theme song running through my head. It's not often an earworm comes with banjos! :laughing-rolling:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived