IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyeballs are about worn out from rolling at Lori's woo shit today. Perfect thread title is perfect.

That reminds me. A few weeks ago in the charity shop I volunteer at, I found a Dr Joseph Mercola book on the shelf.

46 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Apt thread title. Here's more stupid woo shit from from Lori's Insta:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2018-12-28-17-47-59.thumb.png.e29b8ddacd4901fb4688bf702c2f9870.png

This woman makes me want to scream. I have one thing I want to say about the list of things on the left..... She's right about the annual mammogram, but that's because it doesn't prevent cancer, or cause cancer. IT DETECTS CANCER. And speaking as someone who has a family history of breast cancer, I will be heading out for my mammogram as soon as I'm old enough. 

The sun protects you from cancer? In Australia we have one of the highest skin cancer (and skin cancer mortality) rates in the world. Melanoma kills more people here than any other cancer - and this info comes from a verifiable source. The dumbest kid knows to put on a hat, cover themselves in sunblock and stay out of the afternoon sun as much as possible.

It is DANGEROUS to spread this kind of misinformation. She is putting people's lives at risk by spreading this kind of rubbish.

I had a great-uncle who died a horrible death because of skin cancer that metastized to his brain.  He was a fisherman and trapper in South Louisiana -- no sunscreen in the 1930's through 1960's when he was actively out on the river or in the swamps.  I took him to several of his doctor appointments in the late 1970's and to see his pain was terrible.  His skin cancer was definitely caused by sun exposure.  Even my craziest natural-remedy, anti-vaxx friends use sunscreen.  

1. Sun exposure can increase your risk of cancer. But idk may it helps prevent other kinds. It doesn't have to be either or you twit. 

2. Sun screen is important and if you're worried use more natural brands. There's tons of options now. 

3. Not all diet products cancer  or contain aspartame. Some use stevia and other alternatives. How do I know? People in my family are allergic to aspartame so we have to read labels. 

4. Breast examines detect cancer not prevent it. And you claim to be credible? 

5. Don't know anything about fluoride. 

Well, Lori read it on Natural News so clearly, it has to be true. The CDC and WHO and medical schools, they all have an agenda for money and don't know anything. People like Mercola and Tenpenny and Natural News, they don't have a money agenda. It's not like they are making millions selling fake cures and expensive supplements and books or anything. 

"Dr" Mercola, who is not an actual medical doctor making $100s-$1000s selling you worthless supplements=totally not a shill and completely trustworthy 

Your general practitioner/kid's pediatrician, a real doctor who finished medical school and made maybe a couple dollars off of you and/or your kid's vaccines if that=Big pharma shill and totally untrustworthy and brainwashed. 

Got it, Lori, a person who never stepped foot in a medical school and barely understands chemistry 101 levels of science. You are clearly perfectly qualified to give medical advice on the internet. How about you just don't Lori, m'kay? 

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Apt thread title. Here's more stupid woo shit from from Lori's Insta:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2018-12-28-17-47-59.thumb.png.e29b8ddacd4901fb4688bf702c2f9870.png

So much stupidy early in the morning, I want to bite into my table.

1. Limited exposure to sun in the summer here is recommended, so your body can produce Vit D. But it also says not more than 20 minutes with when your arms and lower legs are exposed to the sun and don't do it to small children. But that's it, they don't say bake for hours in the sun every day, until you look like well done steak.

3. Diet products aren't more healthy, but not because of aspartame, but because they are crap. They lead people to think it's ok to eat and drink more of them. Aspartame and other sweeteners are leading the body to think here comes sugar and the production of insulin starts and that's making you hungry. And fructose goes directly to the liver and is transformed into fat and stored there instead of going to your cells to get used with saccharose.

4. A mammogram is a special form of X-ray. Is she refusing this for other bodyparts too when needed because of the radiation?

5. To get fluorosis you need to digest far more fluoride than what's in your toothpaste. The fluoride makes your teeth restore more calcium to strengthen them and that's why some tablets for newborns here not only contain a small dose of Vit D, but also a little bit of fluoride to prevent rickets. And a very popular conspiracy theory here in germany is, that the government put fluoride into the water for mind control.

@Sarah92 hugs and well wishes to your dad from me too. I had weight loss surgery 2 1/2 years ago myself, thankfully without any complications. It's not an easy journey, but with every lost lb you gain so much quality, that it was worth it. I wish your dad the best on his journey.

Thank you @klein_roeschen! I really hope that after this hill it gets better. I think he will feel so much better. Just seeing the improvement in mobility from weight loss  (even with a shot hip) has been a blessing. 

*face palm* now correct me if I'm wrong, I have little knowledge of vaccines, but aren't vaccines introduced in tiny amounts so the body is able to learn to defend against it? Therefore ,vaccinating children is buildings child's "immunity defenses" as she puts it. 

image.png

33 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

3. Diet products aren't more healthy, but not because of aspartame, but because they are crap. They lead people to think it's ok to eat and drink more of them. Aspartame and other sweeteners are leading the body to think here comes sugar and the production of insulin starts and that's making you hungry. And fructose goes directly to the liver and is transformed into fat and stored there instead of going to your cells to get used with saccharose.

When hubs got his insulin pump he was told that he could drink regular drinks instead of diet as long as he took the carb count into account when he boluses. We do not do "sugar free" because that shit is hard on your liver...and his has been compromised by the pancreatitis and surgery. I mean it's not like he has a bowl of sugar coated sugar cereal followed by a 44 oz full strength soda followed by a box of cookies and a bag of chips. As long as he counts his carbs and follows a higher protein/lower carbs/lower fat diet, he can eat anything he wants (and he does, and LOTS of it). Since he started with the pump 9 months ago, he's put on about 15-20 lbs (that he desperately needed to gain), and generally is in probably better health now than he's been in years. His A1c is still coming down, it was at 11, it's now about 7.5 and next set of labs will probably be even better. 

Diet stuff is shit. Just be reasonable, exercise portion control, drink water, get some exercise. Take it easy on the fast food (that shit will kill you) but don't deny yourself. 

Where does the idea that we get 60-70 vaccines come from? I have my immunisation  card from childhood and it says I've had, throughout my life, shots for MMR, polio, pertussis, hep A and B and TB. I've also had a tetnus following a dog bite and a few boosters so that's nowhere near 60+ vaccinations that anti vaxxers say we get

@Sarah92 the first patch of the journey will be very rocky, when you learn and get used to the changes in your body. Your digestion reacts very different to what you are used to and falling back into old pattern will often have very unpleasant results. But that will be worth it, when you feel the effects of weighing less.

@feministxtian I do the same. I eat healthy most of the times, but don't deny me a thread here and there when I want it and feel that I deserve it.  Yesterday evening I had movie night with my best friend and to honor this fine tradition we celebrated it with warm applestrudel with vanilla sauce, vanilla icecream and on top of that eierlikör. We both deserved it and to balance that, today will be sugar free and vegetarian for me. Life can be so nice.

@carathey count every shot as a vaccination themself. They are so stupid it almost hurts. For most of the illnesses you need more than one shot to build a proper immunity. And you need boosters from time to time to hold up this immunity. And Lori's example with the cold is even more stupid. The cold can come from a wide variety of different viruses and there is no vaccination against it. The real flu on the other hand is nothing like a cold. I had it once and was knocked out for weeks straight. Since then I get the flu shot as soon as it is available. That's nothing I want to expierence again. I'm fully up to date with my vaccinations and the last cold was 3 years ago and I have contact to dozens of ill people at work every day.

Lori, if there were a violent criminal running around your neighbourhood, would you want your local police to just be running around blind, or would you want them to be warned that this person is armed and dangerous and may be wearing body armour, and to be given copies of earlier mugshots?  Telling the officers on the ground what's known about the criminal will not put the criminal into your home; it means the police will know who to look for and what to do when they encounter their target... so that the violent criminal has less chance to get into your home and hurt you.

Vaccinations do the immune version of that.  They tell your body's defences, "hey, if you see something with this surface protein, it's bad and you need to kill it."

And yes, sometimes things go wrong.  Some people don't have enough little police cells; some people's police cells are trigger-happy and will attack almost anything.  Some vaccinations are only able to give incomplete information, or give it in such a way that memory fades and your little police force needs reminders now and then.  On the whole, though, vaccinations work for most of us better than a lot of actual police forces.  And, bonus, by vaccinating as many people as possible, we can help keep pathogens away from people whose immune systems either don't work as well - like a really effective big-city police force catching that criminal before they head out to some rural area policed by one aging deputy.

And, having thoroughly tortured this poor metaphor, I should probably let it go now.

8 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Lori, if there were a violent criminal running around your neighbourhood, would you want your local police to just be running around blind, or would you want them to be warned that this person is armed and dangerous and may be wearing body armour, and to be given copies of earlier mugshots?  Telling the officers on the ground what's known about the criminal will not put the criminal into your home; it means the police will know who to look for and what to do when they encounter their target... so that the violent criminal has less chance to get into your home and hurt you.

Vaccinations do the immune version of that.  They tell your body's defences, "hey, if you see something with this surface protein, it's bad and you need to kill it."

And yes, sometimes things go wrong.  Some people don't have enough little police cells; some people's police cells are trigger-happy and will attack almost anything.  Some vaccinations are only able to give incomplete information, or give it in such a way that memory fades and your little police force needs reminders now and then.  On the whole, though, vaccinations work for most of us better than a lot of actual police forces.  And, bonus, by vaccinating as many people as possible, we can help keep pathogens away from people whose immune systems either don't work as well - like a really effective big-city police force catching that criminal before they head out to some rural area policed by one aging deputy.

And, having thoroughly tortured this poor metaphor, I should probably let it go now.

That reminded me of a cartoon series I loved as a child. It was about the human body and the immuns cell where depicted as a police force  It was really well made and now looking it up, there was even an episode about vaccinations. It was Once upon a Time ... Life , maybe Lori and co should spent an afternoon away from facebook and watch it.

9 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Well, Lori read it on Natural News so clearly, it has to be true. 

Yesterday on the anti-vax post she used an article from the biggest vaccine fearmongering  organizations to back up her beliefs. 

These people drive me nuts.  They do t believe science, but fall for every bit of weird made up stuff.  Makes me almost want to set up a fake website with all kind of ridiculous info and share it with her to see if she falls for it.   Articles will include:

- if you walk backwards, you’ll reverse aging one year for every mile you walk.

- peanut butter as a natural hair conditioner (go ahead slather it on! Lol)

- if you dissolve a loaf of Einkorn bread in kombucha with some melted $14 grass-fed butter it makes a good face mask and you’ll never get wrinkles

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

When hubs got his insulin pump he was told that he could drink regular drinks instead of diet as long as he took the carb count into account when he boluses. We do not do "sugar free" because that shit is hard on your liver...and his has been compromised by the pancreatitis and surgery. I mean it's not like he has a bowl of sugar coated sugar cereal followed by a 44 oz full strength soda followed by a box of cookies and a bag of chips. As long as he counts his carbs and follows a higher protein/lower carbs/lower fat diet, he can eat anything he wants (and he does, and LOTS of it). Since he started with the pump 9 months ago, he's put on about 15-20 lbs (that he desperately needed to gain), and generally is in probably better health now than he's been in years. His A1c is still coming down, it was at 11, it's now about 7.5 and next set of labs will probably be even better. 

Diet stuff is shit. Just be reasonable, exercise portion control, drink water, get some exercise. Take it easy on the fast food (that shit will kill you) but don't deny yourself. 

Hmm. I had not heard about the connection between 'sugar free' and liver issues. I drink one or two 20 oz bottles of Coke Zero a day (I tend to pour about a third of each down the drain because they go flat and yucky before I can finish them), and I've been diagnosed with enlarged, fatty liver. I don't know how I got the liver problem; I don't have any conditions besides diabetes (still under pretty good control with metformin, my A1c has never so far been over 7, it's usually in the low 6s) and blood pressure/cholesterol problems, both of which I treat with the usual drugs. So, could the diet soda really be part of the problem? I never thought the amount I drink was excessive, but maybe it is? :ABON:

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

Yesterday on the anti-vax post she used an article from the biggest vaccine fearmongering  organizations to back up her beliefs. 

These people drive me nuts.  They do t believe science, but fall for every bit of weird made up stuff.  Makes me almost want to set up a fake website with all kind of ridiculous info and share it with her to see if she falls for it.   Articles will include:

- if you dissolve a loaf of Einkorn bread in kombucha with some melted $14 grass-fed butter it makes a good face mask and you’ll never get wrinkles

:laughing-rolling: I'm laughing my head off, but you just know Lori would believe every bit of this! 

Last night I noticed this breathtakingly stupid exchange on that Instagram post:

AF2905CD-C7ED-4EEF-B889-23511B2C1752.png

44 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Thanks for this.  Sometimes I think I am missing some "super fundie religious thing" when I read her stuff because the crazy is just too much.  I am like what?  and huh?  and double HUH???   She had this video about controlling your weight.  What does she need to control? ... she is thin as a model  and may have an eating disorder.   

I think I will put together a list of just the titles of her posts one day because they tell Lori's story.   It has been said that writers "tell on themselves",  

I think Lori's hatred off other women is really her hatred of herself projected.   What she tells others to be is what she has issues with herself.  I wonder if she realizes how transparent she is.  

Didn't she have radiation to treat her brain tumor?    Does she go for follow-up scans to monitor the area?    Why oh why would she submit herself to all of that unhealthy stuff?    Surely its much better to eat nourishing meals made from natural ingredients to stimulate her God-given immune system to fight the tumor ....right?    I'm sure all she needs is to add some colloidal silver to her hair conditioner and it will be absorbed by her scalp and take care of that tumor and any future ones that may pop up.

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Hmm. I had not heard about the connection between 'sugar free' and liver issues. I drink one or two 20 oz bottles of Coke Zero a day (I tend to pour about a third of each down the drain because they go flat and yucky before I can finish them), and I've been diagnosed with enlarged, fatty liver. I don't know how I got the liver problem; I don't have any conditions besides diabetes (still under pretty good control with metformin, my A1c has never so far been over 7, it's usually in the low 6s) and blood pressure/cholesterol problems, both of which I treat with the usual drugs. So, could the diet soda really be part of the problem? I never thought the amount I drink was excessive, but maybe it is? 

The artificial sweeteners "fool" your liver into thinking that they are regular glucose, but they're not. That causes your liver to sort of go nuts trying to squeeze glucose back out to maintain your blood sugar levels (keeping blood sugar levels stable is an intricate dance between your pancreas and your liver). I don't know how it would work with a Type 2 diabetic, since that is medication/diet controlled though. Maybe forego the Coke Zero and drink flavored waters? Talk to your endo about it. Hubs' diabetes is the same as Type 1, but it's labeled Type 3(c) since it's due to pancreatic damage/removal. He has no pancreas and no way to secrete any insulin or glucagon (glucagon gets converted into glucose to keep blood sugar levels up). So we ride an interesting rollercoaster some days. He has the pump and we have syringes with glucagon all over the place in case his blood sugar drops and he can't bring it back up by the usual means. They're also useful if, heaven forbid, he loses consciousness due to low sugar levels (hasn't happened yet).

On the theory that physicians get money for pushing vaccines -- the ones employed by my hospital are contracted.  They don't get paid above their contract.  By law, they can't take money from big pharma because we are a subsidiary of the state.  

Hey, Lori, I heard that putting tin foil on your head will heal headaches, cavities, and sinus infections.  

On a more serious note, I am addicted to Diet Coke (no lectures or judgement please).  I do have slight liver enzyme issues, and my A1C has gone up, but it's more likely because my diet has been crap since my mom died and my life went topsy-turvy in June 2017.  I'm determined to get back on track in 2019 and lose 50 pounds, but doing it through WeightWatchers where I can eat normal food.  I tried Ideal Protein with the food packets.  You lose weight pretty quickly, but it's not sustainable as a lifestyle.  

5 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

On a more serious note, I am addicted to Diet Coke (no lectures or judgement please).  I do have slight liver enzyme issues, and my A1C has gone up, but it's more likely because my diet has been crap since my mom died and my life went topsy-turvy in June 2017.  I'm determined to get back on track in 2019 and lose 50 pounds, but doing it through WeightWatchers where I can eat normal food.  I tried Ideal Protein with the food packets.  You lose weight pretty quickly, but it's not sustainable as a lifestyle.  

You can do it!!!! 

I can't with this. As a therapist,  I've found that verbal abuse is often more damaging to an individual than physical. Not always of course, unlike Lori I try not to make sweeping claims. Those who are constantly verbally abused seem to have a harder time saying "this isn't my fault, I'm not worthless" because it seeps into their soul and mind. Again sometimes loving someone means calling them out and then leaving if needed. She says God's love conquers all and I do believe that but it has to be accepted by an individual. Something in that article made that husband change his mind but he had to accept that he was wrong. 

Leaving your children around verbal abusers is also damaging. They either are often abused themselves or will pick up on the behavior. Sometimes both. I've had mothers tell me that their children have said to them some of the thing their husband have said. Only it's now harder to teach them not to abuse their mothers because dad does it and they learn by modeling. Or eventually dad isn't satisfied with abusing mom and turns it to his children. It's a disgusting cycle. 

Edit: women can also be abusers and carry out similar pattern. Wanted to note that because I think it often goes untalked aboutz

image.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived