IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

In today's episode of Gwen doesn't have a clue what she is talking about, Gwen claims overweight people don't feel hunger. The implication of this is that if you are overweight you should be one of those folks who only eats a tiny bit every 36 hours. 

Another explanation for an inability to get a hunger signal can be attributed to the amount of weight a person needs to lose to start with. There is a physiological reason why very overweight people might not sense hunger in the early days of this program. The body so desperately wants to shed the excess fat that every time the blood sugar drops, the body will dump fuel from the energy reserves into the bloodstream. The blood sugar goes back up, and the brain does not send any signals or messages to make the stomach growl. Incredibly, as we have said before, the body is getting breakfast from one hip and lunch from the other, so to speak. This confirms how well designed the body is and how desperately it actually desires to burn the stored fuel! This delay will not last—regular hungers will start coming.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Gwen as a victim?  I couldn't disagree more.  The amount of families and lives she has single handily ruined is countless and the damage done is immeasurable. ...

My anti-theist views on religion shape my perspective on Gwen as well as my perspective on the Remnant as a whole (including my own family members).  From my perspective, most of them, Gwen too, grew up indoctrinated and confused.  They grew up surrounded by and taught by adults who acted like it was a foregone conclusion that the world is black and white instead of shades of gray, and that answers to all questions ranging from the origin of the universe to the meaning of the human condition could all be found in a relatively short book full of contradictions, bigotry, and historical falsities, collectively written by a bunch of primitives who were trying to confront their own confusion about those same questions.  

As a teenager growing up in Remnant, I heard Gwen tell her "exodus" story many times each year.  She tells the story (to both the Remnant members and herself) of how she was wandering, confused and hurt, and of how she needed to trust in god through hardships and persecution by the religious establishment in order to found the Remnant and find god's promised land.  The story of how she discovered a personal relationship with god through testing and answered prayers is supposed to mirror the story of Moses leading the Jews out of slavery in Egypt, wandering for 40 years in the desert, and eventually finding the promised land by following god's commands. 

I always found Gwen's attempt to co-opt this myth highly ironic. In reality, despite a rich and extensive historical record well-preserved by the hot, dry Egyptian climate, there is somehow ? no record of the ten plagues or of hundreds of thousands of Jewish slaves revolting and leaving Egypt only to somehow wander for 40 years across the Sinai peninsula, which can be crossed on foot in less than a month even if one only walks for a few hours each day.  Similarly, despite what they are so desperately trying to convince themselves, Gwen and the Remnant are still confused and lost.  They cling to their overly-simplistic unifying theory that all answers to everything are found in the bible, and it causes them to ruin their relationships with their families and friends and spouses, all while smiling and needing to constantly convince themselves how their relationships with others have never been better and more holy. 

I know from experience that many Remnant members including my family are happier living this lie than they were before.  At the end of the day, they have simple answers to all their questions, and they can tell themselves they feel at peace because they will somehow magically live forever in happiness, thereby making all the real lives and real family members and real relationships ultimately a necessary sacrifice.  My own family members have acted in sickening ways towards me and other family members who aren't in Remnant.  They call it "love" and are happier because they think they are closer to god and heaven because of it. This is one of the reasons why it is so hard to convince someone to leave Remnant, because you aren't just fighting against the Remnant doctrine, you are also fighting against the cognitive dissonance of that Remnant member, who might shatter if they ever admitted to themselves that they have ruined multiple lives and relationships in order to be able to live in the Remnant and tell themselves that they have found The Truth. 

I can see how Gwen might be cynically viewed as perverting the bible for her own benefit while victimizing others.  Yes, she has ultimately become wealthy. And yes, many of her followers are worse off in terms of money, mental health, personal relationships, et cetera after being duped into her cult...but some of them, like my family, actually are happier and better off in those same areas, even if they are just lying to themselves.  Some of them probably would have simply fallen into a different cult if Remnant had never existed, or at least some other bullshit sect of bullshit Christianity (my perspective). 

I'm not excusing Gwen for what she's done.  But Gwen honestly believes her interpretation of the bible and that it has improved her life and the lives of her followers, and I cannot hold that against her any more than I can hold anyone's free choice of religion against them. She is a victim of southern protestant indoctrination, constantly searching for complex answers in all the wrong places, ruining her own and her family's reputation, leaving a trail of toxic, broken relationships everywhere she goes, and covering up the decay with saccharine words and toothy smiles.  The whole thing is a damn shame. I blame Gwen for plenty and I certainly pity her less than I pity the other Remnant members, but I pity her too. 

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

But Gwen honestly believes her interpretation of the bible and that it has improved her life and the lives of her followers,

Her hypocrisy makes me wonder how much she really believes. She was fine making herself a loophole in her teachings when they no longer were convenient for her. And she was fine lying to hide her hypocrisy. Even with her daily devotionals she changed when she was worried it would be damaging to her church. Not exactly a sign of a true believer. 

The body so desperately wants to shed the excess fat that every time the blood sugar drops, the body will dump fuel from the energy reserves into the bloodstream. The blood sugar goes back up, and the brain does not send any signals or messages to make the stomach growl.

Yeah no. If bodies desperately wanted to shed the excess fat we'd all be thin. Sure, the body has complex mechanisms to regulate the blood sugar but it has to do with keeping up the energy levels more than one's body thinking, "hey look AmazonGrace is getting a bit rounded around the middle, so we desperately need to starve her some".

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:59 PM, Katzchen24 said:

I adore them all for different reasons. Jon Pertwee was my first doctor (any Doctor who can rock a shower cap and a tattoo on his first appearance has me). Also, Peter Capaldi ?

I also love them all. Capaldi and Bill were the PERFECT Doctor/Companion duo and I am still sad that she had such a short time on the show.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Her hypocrisy makes me wonder how much she really believes. She was fine making herself a loophole in her teachings when they no longer were convenient for her. And she was fine lying to hide her hypocrisy. Even with her daily devotionals she changed when she was worried it would be damaging to her church. Not exactly a sign of a true believer. 

You’re not wrong : ) Maybe she’s just always had me fooled. I wasnt a good judge of character back then, and thankfully I haven’t had to interact with any of them for a long time!

Hell will freeze, thaw, and freeze again before I feel sorry for Gwen. People who victimize others, regardless of why, get no passes in my book. Fuck em'.

Wow. How is Gwen a dietitian? Lady you have it entirely backwards. People who are overweight have increased levels of hormones like ghrelin that make them more likely to experience frequent hunger cues. These hormones stay elevated even after an overweight person has lost weight. On the other hand people who don't eat regularly, especially people with disordered eating- which I'm assuming includes the majority of Remnant members, are less likely to feel or to recognize hunger cues. So overweight people are more likely to feel frequent hunger cues while underweight people are less likely to feel hunger cues. That devotional is straight up incorrect.

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The body so desperately wants to shed the excess fat that every time the blood sugar drops, the body will dump fuel from the energy reserves into the bloodstream. The blood sugar goes back up, and the brain does not send any signals or messages to make the stomach growl.

Gwen, How can you write this shit and get away with it?!?  What you are saying here is so far from how the body actually works. you need to read a dietician book... oh wait you are supposed to have a degree in this stuff. So did you just forget all that you learned or are you telling these lies on purpose?

Every dietician knows that the growl is actually peristalsis, a progressive wave of contraction and relaxation that forces food, gas, and liquids through the stomach and intestines. Peristalsis, like the beating of the heart, is under the control of the autonomic nervous system. That means that it occurs on a regular basis without requiring conscious effort. The brain doesn’t have to signal it to start because your blood sugar drops. That’s ludicrous!  

When you do hear a growl it MAY be because the stomachs empty and so it’s more noticeable. There are many many other reasons why you might notice your stomach or intestines “growling” but nobody wants all that info ?

I honestly dont think leptin/ghrelin/etc were even discovered yet when Gwen got her degree as they are relatively new discoveries. And she’s clearly been too busy defending child abusers to keep her education current. 

25 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

I honestly dont think leptin/ghrelin/etc were even discovered yet when Gwen got her degree as they are relatively new discoveries. And she’s clearly been too busy defending child abusers to keep her education current. 

I wonder if you are supposed to take Continuing Education for RD? Anyone know? Because I know other medical fields require it...

Today's starvation advice is to first ignore hunger signs so you can eat with your family. If you get the growl but it isn't time for family dinner then just wait and hunger pains will eventually go away. I'm pretty sure she has given the opposite advice recently, but whatever, Gwen is far from consistent. If you ate before a family dinner go sip your diet drink dinner the meal and no one will notice! Yes they will, Gwen. They will. 

First of all, your family is going to love this way of eating. Regular foods forever! You may worry that if every family member eats on demand, you will become a short-order cook. What is more, you may be concerned that family members might never eat together again. Do not worry—they will!

One fact you need to know to manage this is that you can, quite simply, skip hunger and wait for the next hunger signal. Unlike what the world thinks, this is not painful. The empty sensation will last only ten minutes and will come back again in 45 minutes to an hour. Your body realizes that you cannot get to food, so it just mobilizes a snack off your hips and feeds your body cells with your stored fat! So if you feel hungry in the afternoon and do not want to ruin your evening meal, feel free to drink a non-caloric beverage and wait for dinner.

What should you do if you ate a meal during a late afternoon business luncheon and you are not hungry when it is time for dinner with your family that night? Just sit down with the family and drink your artificially-sweetened beverage. More than likely, no one will even notice that you are not eating! You will be able to spend more time enjoying your family.

39 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

I completely agree. She sounds like a completely outdated weight loss book from decades ago. Its obvious she has not kept up with new info. I can’t believe so many people actually listen to her and think she sounds accurate or knowledgeable. 

Wait what? you have a family member sitting at the dinner table not eating anything, just sipping a diet drink, and no one will notice? Y'all eating dinner with blinders on?

21 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Wait what? you have a family member sitting at the dinner table not eating anything, just sipping a diet drink, and no one will notice? Y'all eating dinner with blinders on?

She failed to mention that the dinner was filled with RF cult members. Therefore they all sat there with Gwen blinders on, drinking their diet cokes, while passing their food to all the obese dogs and cats wheezing around under the table. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Your body realizes that you cannot get to food, so it just mobilizes a snack off your hips and feeds your body cells with your stored fat! 

My body snacks off of itself. It mobilizes snacks from my hips. This sounds batshit crazy. 

Yesterday was about our delicious hips as well:

On 2/19/2019 at 6:42 AM, formergothardite said:

Incredibly, as we have said before, the body is getting breakfast from one hip and lunch from the other

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No one sees you whether you eat or not if you have large hair in the way 

I just realized her giant hair must act like actual blinders! I bet she has no peripheral vision at all! 

From the Remnant Fellowship Weddings Facebook page today:

We celebrate a very special #WeddingWednesday with humble gratitude for our dear Gwen Shamblin Lara who selflessly teaches that “Marriage is not about FINDING the right person, it is about BEING the right person".

If that were the case, wouldn't she still be Gwen Shamblin and NOT Gwen Shamblin Lara?

(Goes back into the prayer closet.)

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She failed to mention that the dinner was filled with RF cult members. Therefore they all sat there with Gwen blinders on, drinking their diet cokes, while passing their food to all the obese dogs and cats wheezing around under the table. 

image.thumb.png.522875b5e8c0b00c599de9a0325c366e.png

Weightloss for the obese pets will be her next venture. Everything is a money maker since she can track which of her parishioners purchase her books from her. 

"Pull out the sugar and put in artificial sugar" She is saying that is man's idea and not God's, but the woman lives on diet drinks and all she preaches is diet drinks! Are her followers so hungry they don't realize she isn't even slightly consistent with her advice? 

7 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Weightloss for the obese pets will be her next venture.

I am not interested in waiting for a hungry dog's growl before I feed it.  And my dog does not like Diet Coke.

Today's starvation message is to not eat when you are sick. She then tries to cover her ass and reminds people to check with their doctor or dietitian before taking her advice. 

One of the amazing systems God created in the human body is the circulatory system, which includes the heart and blood vessels. Your body can direct more or less blood to different parts of the body as needed, depending on the activity or situation. For example, if you are studying or taking a test, your body needs a little extra of your blood to supply oxygen and fuel to the brain. The blood vessels in your brain dilate or get bigger, and some of the rest of the blood vessels in your body constrict or get smaller. This allows the blood to go to the area with the greatest need. When you exercise, the blood goes to your muscles. When you eat, it goes to your gut to digest the food. That is why you sometimes feel sleepy after eating—there is not as much blood in your brain! The more you eat, the sleepier you become.

When you become sick or injured, the blood will go to the area affected by the attacking virus or injury. That is why wounds swell and become red. As a result of the body’s attempts to send blood to the sick area, the body will not send a lot of blood to your gut. Likewise, your body balances competing needs for energy. Fighting a virus expends energy, as does digesting food. Therefore, your body will not call for very much food during the time of illness or injury. It does not want to take the precious blood or energy from the area that needs it the most. So naturally, you can expect that you will not be as hungry as you normally are. By understanding that, you can relax and not try to “feed” the fever, illness, or injury. Learn to follow the body’s cues. Pay attention to your fluid intake (thirst), and you will heal faster. Feeding the body when it is not asking to be fed is generally not good. However, for some rare conditions, eating despite a lack of hunger may be indicated. For example, the chemicals ad- ministered during certain cancer treatments may throw the body off balance. Check with your physician and dietitian if you are unsure.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived