IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

There must be a lot of really fat Remnant dogs.

I honestly imagine a bunch of RF dogs like small breed yappie little things with giant white bows stuck on their head and a hug belly that drags on the ground.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of Gwens weird ranting about food and how you should eat, made me think of Horace Fletcher. All info below copied directly from his Wikipedia page.

"Horace Fletcher (1849–1919) was an American health food enthusiast of the Victorian era who earned the nickname "The Great Masticator", by arguing that food should be chewed thoroughly until liquefied before swallowing: "Nature will castigate those who don't masticate". He made elaborate justifications for his claim." 

Continued under the spoiler...

Spoiler

"Fletcher and his followers recited and followed his instructions religiously, even claiming that liquids, too, had to be chewed in order to be properly mixed with saliva. Fletcher argued that his masticationmethod will increase the amount of strength a person could have while actually decreasing the amount of food that he consumed.[1] Fletcher promised that "Fletcherizing", as it became known, would turn "a pitiable glutton into an intelligent epicurean".

Fletcher also advised against eating before being "Good and Hungry", or while angry or sad. Fletcher would claim that knowing exactly what was in the food one consumed was important. He stated that different foods have different waste materials, so knowing what type of waste one was going to have in one’s body was valuable knowledge, thus critical to one’s overall well being (The New Glutton, 1906, 132–133)."

There's more on the Wikipedia page if you're interested. There was also a segment about Fletcherizing on Edwardian Supersize Me. Go to the 17 minute mark, and it starts there.

Gwen reminds me of Fletcher, who was apparently also obsessed with human excretion. It makes me wonder....... 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly imagine a bunch of RF dogs like small breed yappie little things with giant white bows stuck on their head and a hug belly that drags on the ground.

Either that or Gwen says dogs are allowed one week and maybe the next she says everyone has to give them up because she's received some message from God. Or maybe only certain members are worthy of having them(just like certain kids are worthy of going to real school). Maybe she has to approve the breed, color and sext of dog. Maybe she has to be in charge of this minuscule life detail just like everything else. 

4 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Matt Smith is my boy ??

I adore them all for different reasons. Jon Pertwee was my first doctor (any Doctor who can rock a shower cap and a tattoo on his first appearance has me). Also, Peter Capaldi ?

Today's message is another pitiful attempt to address how her teachings can lead to starvation. She claims her message isn't about the legalism of hunger and fullness, but it obviously is. Tossing in "at least eat something every 36 hours." does nothing to combat her disordered eating advice. And setting up a system where it can be "godly" to only eat a bit every 36 hours is awful. You should be ashamed of yourself Gwen! 

Within 1 to 36 hours, most new WeighDown participants find hunger. The more pounds you have to lose or the bigger the last binge was, the longer the wait for your first hunger. After your first hunger, it may come around one to four times per day, depending on how small each eating occasion is. Ask God for a clear signal of hunger. Make sure you drink only water or artificially sweetened drinks while waiting.

If you have not found hunger by the end of 36 hours, we suggest that you go ahead and eat a small amount of food and then start the process over. Hunger should come soon thereafter. Keep praying for God to show you. The point is not the legalism of hunger and fullness—the point is to ask God to help you be less greedy for food and to come to Him instead. You will get the hang of this.

So to the former RF members - I found this on the website with the "colors."  What would happen if you were to wear like purple when it was a pink and green color scheme?  Would Gwen lose her mind or would you just be given the boot?  Also, if anyone has any insights further into Ted Anger I'd like to hear them.  Something about him really rubs me the wrong way and I am wondering if there is anything more nefarious about him.  Can also talk offline if you're open to it but don't want to write anything here.

Capture1.JPG

16 minutes ago, ajknowsthings said:

So to the former RF members - I found this on the website with the "colors."  What would happen if you were to wear like purple when it was a pink and green color scheme?  Would Gwen lose her mind or would you just be given the boot?  Also, if anyone has any insights further into Ted Anger I'd like to hear them.  Something about him really rubs me the wrong way and I am wondering if there is anything more nefarious about him.  Can also talk offline if you're open to it but don't want to write anything here.

Capture1.JPG

I imagine most people just stick with black or white so they don’t need a huge wardrobe in order to attend church. 

I bet if they chose a very different color, they wouldn’t be allowed in any pictures since it would throw off the aesthetics. And that that Gwen cares about anyway. 

6 hours ago, ajknowsthings said:

It's hard to describe all of what Tedd is and does within Remnant.  He's not the best thinker, but he definitely has higher executive function skills than many of the members.  Think of him as a moderately competent businessman.  He is decent at managing his network of connections and getting things done.  He is a fixer, an enforcer.  If Gwen or other leaders noticed someone faltering and decided to take a stern approach, they usually sent in Tedd.  You know that part in every movie where the bad guy sends a lackey to tell the hero that they had better quit and if they don't quit something bad will happen to their family? Tedd is the bad guy's lackey.  If Gwen is Donald Trump, then Tedd is Michael Cohen...or maybe Jared Kushner, since Michael Cohen seems to have grown a conscience over the past few months.  

More starvation advice today. So one of the reasons you can't find hunger before 36 hours is because after like half a day with no stomach growl you give in and eat. Then you might eat more than a tiny bit and it will take 24 hours to feel hunger again. None of this makes even the slightest sense, but this is what Gwen is telling herself to justify telling people to starve. She seems to not even know the most basic things about a healthy diet. 

One reason some people cannot find hunger is that they are not allowing themselves to get hungry. They wait part of the day for hunger, but finally give in and eat before the stomach signals hunger. Many times when this happens, they eat too much and go past full. If they overeat enough, it could very well take another twenty-four hours to empty out. To remedy this problem, you should keep the amounts you eat small enough that the blood sugar level does not take a whole day to drop down again. More importantly, learn to wait—run to God’s Word and ask Him to fill up your time and mind instead of going to the food.

It sounds just like some pro ana blog. If you have to eat eat very little. You don't really have to eat so often. If you want to eat try to keep yourself busy, instead, e.g.  run a half marathon before getting a slice of an apple and then run back. 

If you eat so much that you feel full, VERY VERY BAD GIRL!

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Many times when this happens, they eat too much and go past full. If they overeat enough, it could very well take another twenty-four hours to empty out.

Google tells me that it takes 4-5 hours for a stomach to empty and another 4-6 to go through the small intestine. Gwen is a lying liar who lies.

Gwen has spent so many years starving herself that she doesn't have the slightest idea of what normal eating is. Only eating a tiny bit every 36 hours is normal in her world. I am just stunned she has roped so many people into her starvation cult. 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I am just stunned she has roped so many people into her starvation cult. 

Because anti-fat prejudice is just about the only “acceptable” one in our society. What we look like isn’t pleasant to everybody and is “our own fault.” Myriad inaccurate assumptions are made about our lives, activities, and personalities. People like Gwen profit off us by offering a shiny magic bullet.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen has spent so many years starving herself that she doesn't have the slightest idea of what normal eating is. Only eating a tiny bit every 36 hours is normal in her world. I am just stunned she has roped so many people into her starvation cult. 

Well with no brain food or food for what the body needs for energy, she's able to probably convince them of just about anything since they can't even think straight. Do they use these same rules regarding children? How could you not let a child eat for that long? Does she not worry about getting sued for negligence for giving such shitty advice? 

1 hour ago, Hane said:

What we look like isn’t pleasant to everybody and is “our own fault.” 

What she looks like isn’t pleasing to me in a myriad of ways I don’t expect her to give a shit.

Careful living in that glass house,  Gwen, someone might see you sans wig and bronzer.

I wonder if Joe's ex Natasha will be writing a book about all of this at some point? 

https://www.natashapavlovich.com

Looks like they are at the beach for the long weekend. I guess they didn't get the place rented out. Does she has his jacket on over her dress? He just shouldn't talk. He looks out of his element. Question for ex-members....what do they do about church when Gwen is out of town? Does she broadcast from wherever she is or do they just not have church?

Too much Gwen reading on my part?

I just read an ad for baby food and read the line " Help Baby Grow!"  as...  "Help Baby Growl!"

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

At the 10:36 mark where he pretends the perfect seashell he found diving (probably at a surf shop) is a phone and talks into it? And thinks he’s so funny?   And even Gwen seems a bit embarrassed and moves on quickly? Joe, go back into your shell, freak!

Also he’s awfully red. Is that sunburn or is he full of the spirit(s)?

(Goes back into the prayer closet.)

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

He just shouldn't talk. He looks out of his element.

When he isn't talking he just looks absolutely miserable. But when he is talking it seems like he is struggling to come up with the right RF things to say. He hasn't been in the cult long enough for the talk to be natural to him. 

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

I view them all as victims, even Gwen. Despite what they did to me, when I think about them I mostly just feel sorry for them all.

Gwen as a victim?  I couldn't disagree more.  The amount of families and lives she has single handily ruined is countless and the damage done is immeasurable.

Gwen is about as much of a victim as Hitler is a victim.  Most wouldn't excuse narcissism, craziness and evil by considering the offender as a victim.

To me, it's absurd.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived