IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You are alleging things with no sources.

Even if what you say is true, do you think being bi-sexual or having a drug problem means you aren't a "good person"

I have sources.  I'll likely be posting more in time.  

<<Even if what you say is true, do you think being bi-sexual or having a drug problem means you aren't a "good person"

My comment about him not being a good person was solely in regards to the nature of the lies I found out he has told.  It was intended to be tied to the immediately following comment of when I said he was "a liar in the worst way."  

There is more disturbing info I'll post as soon as I get my arms around it/decide if I should.  It would suffice to say that say Joe is not a good person.  A liar in the worst way. 

Maybe I should have used a semicolon between the last 2 sentences.  That would have better communicated what I was trying to say.

I specifically did not want to imply right or wrong of sexuality or drug use/abuse.  I was describing who he is.  Gwen has absolutely said where she stands on these issues and I thought it was worth noting the irony.

Again, I don't want to derail things. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Then what was the purpose of posting unsourced allegations as statements of fact as well as cryptic comments about lies?

We're about exposing the truth and opining about the hateful and damaging message she's spreading.  And mocking the hypocrisy.  

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

And God said, "Lo behold woman, hast  thou not seen the news lately? Mine ears are full of prayers of war refugees. People are praying over the famished children in Yemen, the floods and earthquake victims. And thou willst that I taste your frigging soup for you?" 

Marry me.

52 minutes ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

.....It would suffice to say that say Joe is not a good person.

Well I see Buffy beat me to the punch, but my immediate reaction on reading your post was- “so what, he’s a mediocre actor who made a few racy scenes, and may be bisexual and may have a drug problem- how do any of those things make him a bad person?”

If your point is “he’s not a good person according to remnant teachings” that might be a fair point to make, but (IMO) “good person according to remnant” =/= “good person.”

If your point is it’s hypocritical of Gwen to be married to someone who isn’t a good remnant fellowship member- I agree with you on that, but that makes GWEN “not a good person” and has nothing to do with whether or not JOE is a good person.

11 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

I think you're right.  The easiest place to spot the edges of a wig (even a good lace one) is at the temple/ears.  She carefully- and oddly - keeps her hair down over her ears, even when wearing an updo.   

Not to mention chronic malnutrition isn't conducive to thick, luxurious locks.

So I consulted a professional (my daughter is a licensed cosmetologist) and she said it's easy to get that look with natural hair via backcombing then spraying the heck out of it … but doing that frequently, much less daily, would be so damaging and cause so much breakage it's most likely a wig or at least falls.

she's going to do my hair today... she won't give me the Gwen.

15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I find it interesting that these people will follow her into her cult of crazy, but no one emulates the hair.

they'll give up food, but looking like that is a bridge too far.

Oh there are some that emulate the hair. I was shocked when I saw a group of them together and bam there was the hair on some of them. Not to her extent but obviously big enough that it stuck out to me. 

I wonder if the hair is getting bigger and more ridiculous for our benefit? LOL

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

I have sources.  I'll likely be posting more in time.  

<<Even if what you say is true, do you think being bi-sexual or having a drug problem means you aren't a "good person"

My comment about him not being a good person was solely in regards to the nature of the lies I found out he has told.  It was intended to be tied to the immediately following comment of when I said he was "a liar in the worst way."  

Maybe I should have used a semicolon between the last 2 sentences.  That would have better communicated what I was trying to say.

I specifically did not want to imply right or wrong of sexuality or drug use/abuse.  I was describing who he is.  Gwen has absolutely said where she stands on these issues and I thought it was worth noting the irony.

We aren't InTouch, we like to see sources. Either you have them or you don't.

32 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So I consulted a professional (my daughter is a licensed cosmetologist) and she said it's easy to get that look with natural hair via backcombing then spraying the heck out of it … but doing that frequently, much less daily, would be so damaging and cause so much breakage it's most likely a wig or at least falls.

she's going to do my hair today... she won't give me the Gwen.

She probably has an assortment of these:  https://www.hiddencrownhair.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr-ze9s7Z3wIVnoSzCh1tHgsrEAAYASAAEgKv7_D_BwE

They are super easy to use & create the illusion of thick hair easy peasy.   The halo product is very easy to incorporate in your existing hair.  

Her natural hair is just not that great to have the volume she has. 

Since I am interested in all things Nashville, I think I figured out where Gwen and her friends gathered for dinner.  Here's a link to the restaurant.  What they didn't eat cost a lot.

Check out the dinner menu if you are interested in what they ate (or didn't eat!).

2 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Since I am interested in all things Nashville, I think I figured out where Gwen and her friends gathered for dinner.  Here's a link to the restaurant.  What they didn't eat cost a lot.

Check out the dinner menu if you are interested in what they ate (or didn't eat!).

I’m guessing they all ordered the filet since it’s the smallest steak. Then took two bites each. Drank multiple glasses of wine. Got pretty plastered because their stomachs are empty. And finally boxed up the rest of the steak to be eaten for the next week. 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

FC805B9E-268C-474E-973E-1F0013BB3D23.jpeg

I believe that's Joe's lawyer front left(sitting across from him). They are probably thinking if they can talk about how to screw over his daughters mother some more, then they can write it off as a business expense. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing they all ordered the filet since it’s the smallest steak. Then took two bites each. Drank multiple glasses of wine. Got pretty plastered because their stomachs are empty. And finally boxed up the rest of the steak to be eaten for the next week.  scarfed down with their hands soon as they pull out of the parking lot.

ftfy.  no way do I believe everyone, even in her inner circle, buys her shit.

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

ftfy.  no way do I believe everyone, even in her inner circle, buys her shit.

I agree, but then how can they stomach sticking around? Or risk their integrity being associated with? Seems to me they have to give way more than they get out of having a relationship with her. 

IMO Joe is probably a bad person because he married Gwen and let her do creepy spy things with his daughter. I'm not sure a truly good soul would marry Gwen. 

I'm pretty sure it is a wig because of the way she will attempt to adjust it in some of her videos. 

Today's blog is more drivel about how Weigh Down is God's only way to eat and nothing else will really work. She may have gone back to giving out bad dieting advice but she is still avoiding using The Growl and talking about how one must focus on The Growl. It is obvious she wants to only give out her terrible weight loss advice but doesn't want to appear cult like with her Growl worship. 

America has been encouraged to lust after food. Food is always at the forefront of everything we do. Diets are everywhere we look, and on every diet, the dieter is asked to think about food content, consider the fat gram count, examine food pictures, discuss food and recipes in support groups, depend upon the scales (a focus on body and self), and prepare special meals. This focus on food makes it irresistible, for you fall in love with what you focus on. It would be like telling an alcoholic to examine all the alcoholic drinks, memorize the ingredients, drink only low-alcohol-content beverages, look at pictures of low-alcohol-content drinks, meet with support groups that discuss low-alcohol-content beverages and sample them all, hand out recipes for making your own concoctions, and then expect the addicted person to be less addicted or to abstain or drink in moderation at ten o’clock at night when no one else is around. Impossible. You will fall in love with what you lust after.

This worship of food has robbed us of emotional stability, comfortable clothing, and many relationships. The solution that Weigh Down offers is to trust God with the way He made our bodies. He has created the instincts of all animals, all infants, all children, all men, and all women with the ability to sense when they have eaten too much. Man-made rules have unplugged and confused this instinct to sense fullness and appropriate volume, and they have caused us to be greedier and to expect more self-indulgence than ever before. Dieting, which is the use of man-made rules, works only on making the food behave—not the HEART of man. This is big! All animals, infants, and children that have been untouched by the man-made rules still have the strong innate capacity to recognize and respond to correct volumes of food. Dieting—including fat gram counting, pills, bulimia, suction-assisted lipectomies, invasive surgeries, and excessive exercise—has created and exacerbated an excused greed that has grown to monumental heights in this country. GREED is at its zenith. Our plates of low-calorie, fat-free foods are larger, our demand for more has increased, the seats are larger, and the clothes are stretchier. The present volume that can be eaten in polite company would have been completely embarrassing at one point in our history.

We are not lacking for information now; we are hurting for motivation and heart-changing cultivation to employ God’s plan for permanent weight control. Keep God’s Word and the words in these posts by your bedside for morning motivation, on your desk at work for heart-grabbing temptations, in the kitchen to convict you into a wholehearted response to the heavenly Father, and by the nighttime reading chair for tearful conviction. God’s Word through Scripture will soften your heart, make you satisfied with less food as you find a deeper relationship with Him, and therefore bring you to permanent weight control.

39 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

I agree, but then how can they stomach sticking around? Or risk their integrity being associated with? Seems to me they have to give way more than they get out of having a relationship with her. 

plenty of people get something out of being close to the wealthy and powerful.  every successful con artists have bangers on.

Spoiler

14487560225_686bda76d7_z.jpg

"Dieting- including fat gram counting, pills, bulimia, suction-assisted lipectomies, invasive surgeries, and excessive exercise"

Dear Gwennie only two of those things actually qualify as methods of dieting ?

How can she possibly lump disordered behaviors like bulimia and excessive exercise into diets?? The glaring omission to the list is of course anorexia. But of course Gwen's eating disorder doesn't count that's just God's will. Does the omission mean shes cognizant that her teachings glorify anorexia?

23 minutes ago, Calypso said:

Does the omission mean shes cognizant that her teachings glorify anorexia?

I doubt she would admit that, but her teachings sure do mirror disordered eating advice. Focus on being hungry, get super hungry to the point of feeling like you have an ulcer and then try to fill your stomach with zero calorie drinks so the hunger pain subsides. Feeling hungry is the most wonderful feeling. Spend your days waiting for hunger pains. Her advice is not weight loss advice it is starvation advice. I'm going to assume most of her followers don't actually follow her teachings or the whole church would look like Elizabeth. 

Of course  Gewn is wearing wigs. I'd never heard of her before this forum, but it never occurred  to me that that hair of hers is real in any of the pics.  Although  seriously she should talk to Dolly Parton who has freely admitted  to and laughed about all her wigs over the years. Dolly's wigs are "out there" but never grotesque. (I love Dolly. She rocks those wigs like nobody's business!)

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

IMO Joe is probably a bad person because he married Gwen and let her do creepy spy things with his daughter. I'm not sure a truly good soul would marry Gwen. 

THAT^^.  I can agree with.  Letting other people spy on your minor child is probably a sign that you are a bad person.  Allowing others to indoctrinate your child with a religion designed to encourage eating disorders is probably a sign that you are a bad person.  Joe may also do a wide variety of things we don’t know about that make him a bad person.

But being bisexual, having drug addiction issues, being a bad actor, or having made steamy movies- I’ll stand by my statement that none of those things make Joe a bad person.

Furthermore- I’ll put this out there too- because a lot of people seem to have negative things to say about Gwen and Joe’s marriage- I don’t think either one of them is a bad person for choosing to leave behind old relationships and marry each other.  Joe is not a bad person for not marrying his baby momma.  Gwen is not a bad person for divorcing her former husband.  Neither of them is a bad person for seeking out a marriage that will make them happy/fulfill their needs.

Where it comes down to Gwen being good/bad person in relation to her marriage, in my opinion, is that through her church, she teaches strongly against divorce.  If she is going to choose/excuse that path for herself, then she should be offering support, encouragement, and blessings to anyone in her church who does the same.

4 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I believe that's Joe's lawyer front left(sitting across from him).

It took me a while to figure out who he reminded me of. Then it hit me! He's a cross between:

Spoiler

Brett Kavanaugh

white-house-law-students-brett-kavanaugh-praises.jpg&w=800&c=sc&poi=face&q=85

and:

Spoiler

Liberace!

liberace.jpg

Ok, let me take a swing at this. I do not think that being bi-sexual, homosexual or heterosexual suggests any type of character flaw or makes you a bad person whatsoever. Neither does past illegal drug use, or maybe even current recreational use. I do think the post was suggesting that perhaps people inside or out of the church don't really know Joe, or that there is a double standard between what Gwen preaches and what she lives. I think that Remnant will do whatever it takes to maintain a certain image and Joe's past does not seem to maintain the standards that they have set for themselves in the publics eye. They are very quick to skewer anyone that does not agree with their philosophy or speaks out against them. They will absolutely gather information against you or spread false information to the congregation for their benefit. I absolutely for a fact know that they have said that Joe's ex is a "dangerous person" because my child has repeated that line to several of my family members, yet she does not know her. It is in the best interest of Gwen and her leadership for everyone to think that Joe is this fabulous caring father and awesome person so that she can continue to maintain her image. So Gwen got horny for Joe and Gwen got what she wanted apparently. Whether she knew about his past or not, she will do whatever it takes and take anyone down(truth or not) in order to keep what she has. Simple as that. I feel like there is probably a fair amount that is not known and hopefully very soon it can all be shared because DAMN, now I'm curious. The truth really is stranger than fiction. 

Again, sometimes the words do not come out right and I never mean to offend anyone. I truly appreciate everyone that posts on here and ya'll make me laugh... a lot. I started posting on here so that I could help spread truth about what this institution(I won't even call it a church anymore)is really about. I am so grateful to those of you that lighten the mood, because the dark stuff can be very heavy sometimes. And a lot of people have risked much to speak up on here. 

12 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

They will absolutely gather information against you or spread false information to the congregation for their benefit. I absolutely for a fact know that they have said that Joe's ex is a "dangerous person" because my child has repeated that line to several of my family members, yet she does not know her.

that is no different than coming here and making completely unsubstantiated allegations about Joe and not being a 'good person.'

maybe true, maybe not (whatever ' good person ' means, anyway) but it makes no sense to rail against people who takes Gwen's word about a stranger but expect us to just accept vague and cryptic pejoratives' on nothing more than a posters word.

Again, want to illuminate the truth here?  great.  but we don't exist to provide a place for cryptic shitting on our carpet.

I don't even know what the hell she is trying to say today. Tobacco makes you want to eat more? Talking a lot is a sin? Who knows. 

Going back to eating the way the Creator wants is huge because it is deeper than just eating…it is going back and getting in touch with the guiding hand of God. And since you have to eat several times a day, you learn to go to the Lord all day, every day. If you are indulging in tobacco, no doubt you are missing body signals that are telling you to stop. This is true with all substances. But what if your downfall is pride or selfishness or talking too much? You need to listen to the inside of you—the internal control from the Heavens. It is there and can be reawakened if you would only get still and listen to the Voice from within. This exercise is for all of us. We all need to talk less and listen more to God and His Holy Spirit. So remember, we will use hunger and fullness to relearn how to find and respond appropriately to the guiding hand of The Great I Am—the guidance essential for all things.

Because starving yourself is a virtue? 

I don't know what  pride  means to her but to claim that your perceptions of what your body needs at any given moment  are messages from God that show how much you are in touch with what the Divine Being wants seems  just a different sort of pride to me.  I don't eat therefore I'm so godly. I was hungry so I ate and therefore I listen to God's essential guidance in all things.

We all know that God has nothing better to do than to tell you when to stop eating.

Now I'm really confused.

Spoiler

1200000549_ScreenShot2019-01-08at6_17_28am.png.7e7d777a3361e3448991967be649e8fa.png

Tobacco is an appetite suppressant. This isn't new news. I found this very entertaining article that discusses the "5 Health Benefits of Smoking" at LiveScience.com (and as an ex-smoker, I definitely won't be taking it up again for any of these).

I'm pretty sure I remember getting hungry when I was a smoker. Or does she think God won't talk to us as much if we use tobacco? Who knows? Unlike Gwen, I don't claim to speak for God, or know His mind, but I am fairly sure he's got better things to be going on with.

Actually, I'm curious to know RF's attitude towards cigarettes and smoking among the membership.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived