IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RFsurvivor said:

She will try. 

Oh I'm sure, or she will twist and mangle the actual meaning of the movie to fit her purpose and her brainwashed followers will eat that shit up. Ugh.

29 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

We can FJ potluck at my house!

I know it won't happen, but an FJ potluck would be such an excellent event! 

The following is just the product of my evil imagination, but wouldn't it be fun to rent one of those ubiquitous tour buses in Nashville that run by the houses of the rich and famous.  We could swing by RF church and Gwen's house on our way to the potluck.  Thanks for hosting (in my imagination).  ?

In another thought, since she's now married to Tarzan, maybe the tour buses would be interested in routing by her house.   Hmmm.  ?

57 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

I know it won't happen, but an FJ potluck would be such an excellent event! 

The following is just the product of my evil imagination, but wouldn't it be fun to rent one of those ubiquitous tour buses in Nashville that run by the houses of the rich and famous.  We could swing by RF church and Gwen's house on our way to the potluck.  Thanks for hosting (in my imagination).  ?

In another thought, since she's now married to Tarzan, maybe the tour buses would be interested in routing by her house.   Hmmm.  ?

FJ Potluck + Party Bus???

1 hour ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

FJ Potluck + Party Bus???

That's funny because if you live here, you stay as far away from the tourist stuff as possible. It's funny when you see one of those little buses that says Tommy's Nashville tours driving around because you are thinking someone big must live nearby but you have no idea who and someone paid to see Alan Jacksons house and I'm just trying to get to the grocery store. 

The discussion of food and the wishful FJ potluck remind me of an episode of the M.A.S.H. tv show where they got all their family members to meet up and have a party.  It would be so much fun! 

I had a cinnamon raisin bagel with a little cream cheese just now and Mr. Briefly remembered that we have ice cream in the freezer, so we are going to have that shortly. But he also heard that tomorrow is International Bacon Day so we will have bacon tomorrow - which is normally only about 3 times a year but we are up to about 5 or 6 times this year.  BLT's on tortillas, probably. 

Gwen is just copying from a devotional she has published today. I guess this saves people from having to buy it. 

May we all reinvest our souls this next year in preparing our hearts to be used to build the Church of God with Jesus Christ as the cornerstone. Start your new year by reviewing God’s salvation. Review the basics of how God has saved us from having to love this earth and how we get to love Him. What a salvation!

The Exodus story has meaning for us today. This foundational story is used throughout the Old Testament and the New Testament and is used for warnings and instruction by Jesus, Stephen, and the Apostle Paul. To start with, I believe that Egypt is symbolic of this earth and anything on earth with which we can fall in love. The symbolism is that we can worship anything and let it control us – cigarettes, alcohol, money, food, or the praise of men. You are bowing down to any habit that you want to quit, but that now controls YOU. What is on your mind and what you find yourself worrying about is your god.

But just as God delivered the Israelites from the slavery of Pharaoh, He can deliver you today! Make Him your destiny, make Him your one true God, and give Him all the glory. And He will take you away from earthly things and let you worship Him instead. God can deliver you if you will start today letting HIM be your God. You are NOT the god of your body. You are NOT the god of indulgence. Your Creator is. Submit to THE GOD and your Exodus will begin today!

I think Gwen has made an idol out of her hair! And money, fame and power. And food. She may not actually eat the food, but her whole life seems to revolve around obsessing about food. 

It is interesting looking at the pictures of the Remnant Christmas affairs.  There is absolutely no shots of Michelle-Elizabeth.  Her husband & children are here and there.  There is a glimpse of Michael in one shot.  

Any chance ME’s father has intervened and she is getting help?   I cannot imagine Papa Shamblin sitting by and watching his only daughter die before his eyes.  

The entire situation is just sad and pathetic.  

6 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Any chance ME’s father has intervened and she is getting help?  

I hope she is getting hep, but I think it is more likely Gwen is making sure she isn't in any pictures. The last time she was in a picture she looked scary thin and Gwen pulled it the second we reacted in horror. I think they will just not show her to keep people outside the cult from seeing how sick she looks. 

So get out of the pantry and onto your knees

This sounds like a line from a song. Hmmmm . . . Billy Ocean or Oscar Hammerstein? Ah, let's face it -- I'm an old-fashioned girl:

Out of your pantry, onto your knees
You’d better fly.
Bow to Gwen – er, God, I mean,
Or else in Hell you’ll fry.

Out of your pantry, you must now gush
About Gwen’s greatness!
When your weight is low
And bones are showing through,
Then, just for a day or so,
Gwen will approve of you.

You’ve got to believe all of Gwen’s stories,
Where’s that growl?
She tells you that she’s all for God’s glories,
But she’s foul.

Gwen’s making big bucks selling a daydream:
“Trust your gut,
Shrink your butt.”
Want gold and white clothes? She has a glut!

Out of your pantry, you must now gush
About Gwen’s greatness!
When your weight is low
And bones are showing through,
Then, just for a day or so,
Gwen will approve of you.

6 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Any chance ME’s father has intervened and she is getting help?

I wouldn’t put it past him. He legitimately loves his kids and family. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has tried to help her or at least sought/is seeking help from an “outside” source in regards to his family’s situation(s). I hope he is helping and I hope Liz and Michael are open to accepting whatever help they can get to get out. 

2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

I wouldn’t put it past him. He legitimately loves his kids and family. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has tried to help her or at least sought/is seeking help from an “outside” source in regards to his family’s situation(s). I hope he is helping and I hope Liz and Michael are open to accepting whatever help they can get to get out. 

I'll help them get out too!  From my experience tho, no matter how much he loves them and wants to help them, they have to believe there is an issue worth fixing first. If Gwen is stuck up Elizabeth's ass all the time and in her ear all the time, it would be very hard to break away from her. Especially if her whole family (husband, ect) is "all in". Hopefully, if there are members reading this, they might start to understand how truly unhealthy from a realistic viewpoint. 

21 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

. If Gwen is stuck up Elizabeth's ass all the time and in her ear all the time, it would be very hard to break away from her.

Yes, especially since part of getting help would be to acknowledge that the eating habits her mother has pressed on her as a child are unhealthy. She would essentially have to reject Gwen's teachings, which she has been taught is like rejecting the word of God. 

It will take a great deal of strength to break away from Gwen and get help. 

Gwen ends this year with another copied devotional from one of her books. Even her published devotionals are shit. 

Throughout last year, I had been giving tips through these posts to help you develop a heart that is passionate for our Father, CEO, Boss, Five-Star General, King, and Lord! With a new year, let’s look at what God gives back when you give Him your heart and passion. 

Too bad Gwen hasn't taken any of her own tips because her heart seems to be passionate for control and expensive things. 

Take ten minutes away from food today and give those ten minutes to God. Well, He doesn’t need your ten minutes, so He gives you back twenty! Take ten dollars away from the drive-through window and give it to God. God doesn’t NEED your money, so He can give you back everything you need. However, food will take your ten dollars, as well as your ten minutes, and will ask only for more and more. God has it all, and He generously rewards hearts that love Him.

Take ten minutes away from your hair today Gwen and give those to God. Take money away from your clothing budget and give it to God. Your clothing, hair, and expensive house will take your money and your time and will only ask for more, more, more. 

Our God is THE God and the ONLY God. How do I know? He is the only One who will not only return the sacrifice I give Him, but send showers of blessings along with it. If you run to Him for everything, you will be rewarded with great blessing or jewels.

Ahh, so prosperity gospel. Gwen lives in luxury because she serves God better than those people who don't have mansions and expensive wardrobes. This is how Gwen justifies spending so much money on herself instead of helping others. 

Running to God for comfort and solutions makes sense. Do you need a counselor? He knows all truth, and His Word is a light unto your path. Do you need a friend? He is the God of all comfort. Are you low on money, need your roof fixed or your car repaired? God can provide. Are you looking for excitement? His Kingdom is dynamic! God can do anything. He is the God who single-handedly defeated Pharaoh and his army and pulled the men, women, children, and livestock out of slavery to worship Him. He is the Warrior and Hero whom we can all fall in love with and follow away from this world that gives nothing back. He is the only real God. Have faith in Him, and follow only Him in the coming year, never to return to those old ways.

But if you need advice on hair, blending make up and not giving out dangerous weight loss advice FJ is the place to go! 

I don't think there is any hope for Gwen, but for her followers reading here, in this coming year think about how you can't come here and respond to questions about Gwen and her teachings.  I'm sure you are telling yourself that you actually could, you just don't want to, but we have seen what happens when RF members come here, they talk in circles and are incapable of even giving the most simple explanations for things. If your religious community doesn't want you to ask questions or to be able to respond to questions in a concise way then it is time to start thinking that maybe this organization isn't a good one. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

so prosperity gospel. Gwen lives in luxury because she serves God better than those people who don't have mansions and expensive wardrobes. This is how Gwen justifies spending so much money on herself instead of helping others. 

Thanks for explaining the philosophy of prosperity gospel in a nutshell.  When I was reading Gwen's devotional about the ten dollars spent at the drive through, I was thinking it would be more helpful if people at RF did this:

Take ten dollars away from the drive-through window and give it to God put it in savings.

At this point, Gwen God probably doesn't really need your hard earned cash, and there may be a recession coming.   Happy New Year!

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

However, food will take your ten dollars, as well as your ten minutes, and will ask only for more and more. God has it all, and He generously rewards hearts that love Him.

The human body is funny that way. If I spend ten dollars on healthy food, chances are my body will want more before the day is out. I use that food to fuel my body. It keeps me healthy and clear headed and energetic.

We live in a time and place where healthy food is readily available and reasonably priced. We are spoiled for choice. Diet can be tailored to fit any lifestyle or need. We can literally choose to be vegetarians with no deficit to our health because an abundant variety of fruits and vegetables are shipped in from all over the world. We are not subject to seasonal scarcity. Gwen and her "church" are the absolute pinnacle of first world fallout. They are starving themselves by choice while simultaneously gorging themselves in every other way. 

Gwen has taken a basic human need and used it control her followers pocketbooks, an insane idea that could only work in a society of abundance. It makes me think of this quote by Ghandi: "There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread." 

Apologies if this doesn't make sense. I'm running on limited sleep today. 

Soo......I had been monitoring the Remnant Fellowship weddings website and there has not been upcoming weddings. Well I drive by tonight on my way to a nice dinner with my dear husband and there is a wedding fixing to start. I look on the website and there it is. If you look at the photos though, looks like he proposed since Thanksgiving since it's in a Christmas tree lot. So they seriously threw that together fast. I'm assuming the photos are not from 2017 Christmas season or the announcement would've been up there all of this year. The boy is 19-20 years old. And there is the normal blah, blah, Gwen is awesome, blah, blah, my mom thought she was fat and needed to do Weighdown but no back story on how the proposal went down. The girls parent's do not appear to be married. I wonder if it's one of those where the dad didn't want them to go but mom was so consumed by those extra pounds that she uprooted her family and threw her kids in a cult? 

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com

On 12/30/2018 at 8:25 AM, formergothardite said:

The symbolism is that we can worship anything and let it control us – cigarettes, alcohol, money, food, or the praise of men.

This was from the devotional yesterday and I thought it weird that she specifically put "praise of men". 

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

Soo......I had been monitoring the Remnant Fellowship weddings website and there has not been upcoming weddings. Well I drive by tonight on my way to a nice dinner with my dear husband and there is a wedding fixing to start. I look on the website and there it is. If you look at the photos though, looks like he proposed since Thanksgiving since it's in a Christmas tree lot. So they seriously threw that together fast. I'm assuming the photos are not from 2017 Christmas season or the announcement would've been up there all of this year. The boy is 19-20 years old. And there is the normal blah, blah, Gwen is awesome, blah, blah, my mom thought she was fat and needed to do Weighdown but no back story on how the proposal went down. The girls parent's do not appear to be married. I wonder if it's one of those where the dad didn't want them to go but mom was so consumed by those extra pounds that she uprooted her family and threw her kids in a cult? 

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com

This was from the devotional yesterday and I thought it weird that she specifically put "praise of men". 

Under Her Eyes....

Ok, so I have been reading here ALL HOLIDAY SEASON...because I was hoping for over the top decorations for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...Any good pictures?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived