IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 5: She is a shit writer!

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the other thread.

I debated posting that but I thought people should be aware of how she targets.  I'm not of her belief system, and not particularly vulnerable but can momentarily let it in my head because of my own struggles.

I'm glad you did share. We need to keep in mind that despite her terrible hair and her terrible writing skills Gwen does know how to hone in on insecurities and uses these insecurities to prey on vulnerable people. 

I didn't realize until looking at Amazon that she has written so many books! She wrote the history of God! Gwen really thinks she is qualified to be God's biographer. From the sample the writing is still shit and I think maybe she should have spent more than five weeks on getting it published. Does she have an editor?

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen really thinks she is qualified to be God's biographer.

I bet she sees it as an autobiography.

Today's devotional is about True Love. 

Spoiler

enhanced-buzz-31716-1368574057-17.jpg?do

It is in the exposure to REAL, GENUINE LOVE that you find the answer—for it is an understatement to say that it is the greatest gift. True Love holds in its arms the greatest power on Earth. It is somewhat like the wind. You cannot see it, but you can feel it. However, it is more prevailing than wind, for the impact left in its wake is more permanent. Where a tree may be blown out of its position temporarily, a human can be forever changed when True Love sweeps thru. True Love given in our hearts by God is no little gift but rather is the greatest of all influences on Earth—the greatest of all controls on the Earth

Oh, oh Rufus help me, this is a rabbit hole I wish I hadn't fallen down. When I saw her photo a few threads back I literally jumped back in fright. WHY? WHY!?  Does she not own a mirror? 

You think it will just be another hypocritical fundie, but, nope. 

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Oh, oh Rufus help me, this is a rabbit hole I wish I hadn't fallen down. When I saw her photo a few threads back I literally jumped back in fright. WHY? WHY!?  Does she not own a mirror? 

You think it will just be another hypocritical fundie, but, nope. 

Welcome to the rabbit hole, hahahaha! 

In the last thread, @CTRLZero said:

Is becoming like a refrigerator a bad thing or a good thing?  Saith the refrigerator:  My exterior is covered with all manner of useful and endearing items attached thereto with adorable magnets.  

It just reminded me of a comic strip attatched to my fridge with adorable magnets.

Spoiler

73489_original.gif.04fa7aed5b1845c74668b999671c3a88.gif

My fridge is heavily laden with many, many magnets. :pb_lol:

19 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is about True Love. 

Hide contents

enhanced-buzz-31716-1368574057-17.jpg?do

And you have quoted from The.Best.Film.Ever. ?

I hope for Buttercup and Wesley for Gwen and all of those other mean-spirited fundies we snark on, but suspect they actually get Buttercup and Humperdinck. 

12 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Welcome to the rabbit hole, hahahaha! 

After the image posted by @formergothardite, all I can think of now is Peter Cook saying "Welcome to the wabbit hole, wahahaha!"

I guess Gwen got annoyed with me pointing out her devotionals were getting shorter and shorter. Today's devotional is long and it sounds like Gwen was high when she wrote it. I can't imagine reading an entire book written by her. She has an obsession with randomly capitalizing words. God is now Genius God. Hopefully God isn't a Stable Genius like our president. Is judgementalness a word? According to Webster's dictionary it doesn't seem to be. But she uses it several times. I'm sure Gwen views RF as a Super Community consisting of Pure Love. Gwen even writes like a cult leader. 

Love is a legitimate solution that ends so much suffering that a human can migrate toward inexpressible joy, which of course ends man-on-man crime. It is essential to know that the Genius God created the empty spot in the heart so that He could fill it. But why is He even wanting to fill an empty hole in the heart that He created? It is so He can fill it with love. Why would God do such a thing? Here is the answer: how do you feel when you adore someone? It is the most beautiful feeling in the world. Likewise, hate is the most miserable, disheartening and depressing feeling in the world. It stands to reason that if man recoils from pain, how much more so would the God of the Universe desire to separate out good from evil, love from hate, self-evaluation from projection and judgmentalness—with no in-between.

Not only is He separating out love with all of its glorious components and hate with all of its miser-able components of judgmentalness, pride, debauchery, lust and greed, but God is taking the love and building a Super Community consisting of Pure Love that will be way beyond our imaginings and more formidable than any nation known to man. Think about this: God is building a Kingdom based on Pure Love—the most powerful, influential substance in the world. But more importantly, He is separating out the beautiful, positive, warm, endearing and delightful emotions that feel best, and severing them from the worst hateful emotions in the world.

God is preparing a castle of love for each of us who choose this love and righteous life with Him! Here is a most foundational Truth…the eternal purpose/plan of God: God is separating love from hate and building a Kingdom of Love, so that His Kingdom can come on Earth as it is in Heaven, according to Jesus’ prayer. He will destroy hate in the end and leave only love behind, so it is what is in your heart and soul and mind that matters. What have you filled this empty hole with?

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

What have you filled this empty hole with?

Also love, but the kind that’s not a proper noun.  Also critical thinking and Christmas cookies.

That’s my recipe for delicious hole filling.

(I did NOT go blue on this - you’re welcome!)

With the help of a therapist I've decided I don't actually have an empty hole waiting to be filled by God like I was told my entire life. . 

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Also love, but the kind that’s not a proper noun.  Also critical thinking and Christmas cookies.

That’s my recipe for delicious hole filling.

(I did NOT go blue on this - you’re welcome!)

Right now, I'm filling mine with miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. :pb_lol:

21 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

When I saw her photo a few threads back I literally jumped back in fright. WHY? WHY!?  Does she not own a mirror? 

We got her to start blending her make up a bit more and she is changing her devotional, so maybe with time she will take our advice on her hair! In her videos she constantly adjusting her hair which makes me think it is all very uncomfortable. Come on Gwen! Drop the hair. It is not filling a hole in your heart! 

which of course ends man-on-man crime.

I wonder if this is a reference to the mugshots we've looked at lately of RF criminals? 

Kahlua cheesecake is an excellent hole filler!

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Come on Gwen! Drop the hair. It is not filling a hole in your heart! 

Her hair is filling the hole in her head. 

48 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Come on Gwen! Drop the hair. It is not filling a hole in your heart! 

It is, however, coming very close to filling a hole in the ozone layer.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He will destroy hate in the end and leave only love behind, so it is what is in your heart and soul and mind that matters. What have you filled this empty hole with?

Considering Gwen is the one spewing the hate, I'm hopeful her hateful self will be destroyed by some random meteorite sent down to earth by GENIUS GOD. 

Maybe the bold words are a secret message to her followers. But she def is sounding more confusing these days. I'm fairly certain I could throw out a devotional better than that everyday and I don't have a degree in NUTRITION. Does make you wonder about what a pot and wine fueled devotional writing session would look like tho. 

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I love Kahlua, I want this. My current hole-filler is dark chocolate covered cherries. We do love our food on FJ, Gwen Shamblin's cult would never make headway here.

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

But she def is sounding more confusing these days.

IMO she is totally thrown off having to write stuff that isn't "worship the growl". When we first started discussing them almost every single devotional was about making all your focus The Growl.  She basically wrote the same shit every single day. Having to come up with new stuff every day is wearing her down and her writing is becoming increasingly worse. 

Plus she seems to exist on diet drinks and chips and that is not food for the brain. 

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Wait, wait, wait. 

Wait.

Hold up...

Kahlua Cheesecake exists?!?!?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived