IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Carlin and Evan: Engaged and Blurry AF

Dear lord, this is starting to look like an impressionist painting or something.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Damn the glow keeps getting worst. I thought I was going cross eyed before! Now is worse, much much worse. 

• Upvote 4

Holy shit, that picture is bad and blurry. Almost looks like something from Avengers: Inifinty War where Carlin and whatshisname are just about to disappear and be reduced to dust. 

And the mountain picture is like trying to see something underwater without goggles. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Holy shit, that picture is bad and blurry. Almost looks like something from Avengers: Inifinty War where Carlin and whatshisname are just about to disappear and be reduced to dust. 

And the mountain picture is like trying to see something underwater without goggles. 

32011210-C4B4-4C09-838A-907954AB20DA.thumb.jpeg.05458881d0ab67d8f474af7f8000f14e.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I present to you, the Fundie Courtship ritual. The young male fundie puffs up his chest, the female responds positively by flicking her long, curled hair forwards.

Finally, having reciprocated each other's mutual interest through a series of food offerings and awkward sideways hugs, they let out a vocal call in their language, "Baaaaabbbbeeeee" and post a blurry photograph to Instagram to show their official status as engaged.

Screenshot_2019-02-17-12-48-47-01.thumb.jpeg.fba6c28712baa8655f2bdfc2c55a9e40.jpeg

Is this for real? Someone didn't take it and edit it as a joke? Holy crap. I guess I always kind of thought Taryn would gradually improve with time, but she's getting worse! I would be so pissed if I paid for a professional photo session and got this in return. I hope they're at least getting these for free.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

What even is this pose? The other two pictures are nice but totally over photoshopped. But this looks strange no matter what you do.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Evan, Carlin, I'm glad that you've realized that you want to live a quieter life in anonymity, but this is not how blurring your faces out on camera works. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

Blue seems like a traditional choice and not necessarily the most complimentary color for her. But she looks good in this last pic. I will say, Carlin consistently surprises me. 

I also am scratching my head at how touchy feely she is with Evan during their courtship. Half the time I feel like a voyeur. At the engagement his hands during hugs were getting closer and closer to her ass. She also had a very low cut (back) dress on. Her hair covered it most of the time but we could still see it. She has been pushing the margins. Evan mentioned that he was new to the courting model. I wonder if that means he had dated before like Kelton. Anyway way, she may have had to wait longer than her sisters but she sure is getting everything out of it that she can. 

• Upvote 5

@TatiFish9 I mentioned this over in the Josie thread, but the dress she wore to Josie's wedding had a deep v back. I was totally shocked, as I had been messing around looking for blue bridesmaid's dresses she might pick for her own wedding, and I had counted out an v-backs!! There was only one quick shot in the wedding episode but it clearly exposed almost half her back. I can't believe an unmarried Bates was allowed to wear it, especially since I found similar dresses with closed backs pretty easily. She is def pushing the limits . . . even the "I love you day" dress she wore had peekaboo shoulders too. I wonder once she's married where her style will go and if it will be scandalous, or the new "cool" fundie norm, sort of like Whitney. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

[...] I can't believe an unmarried Bates was allowed to wear it, especially since I found similar dresses with closed backs pretty easily. She is def pushing the limits . . . even the "I love you day" dress she wore had peekaboo shoulders too. I wonder once she's married where her style will go and if it will be scandalous, or the new "cool" fundie norm, sort of like Whitney. 

I agree with all you said especially here. I mean, on one episode she and Evan were lowkey playing footsies. They also have been filmed playing with each others hands in an intimate way. Let's not talk about their hugs...

I have not seen this from other Bates before marriage. So I am wondering how she is getting away with it. She is definitely sexy dressing as far as she can go with out being actually provacative. I too wonder if this is her style and we are now justing seeing it because Bates have relaxed their standards. Trendy dressing is one thing. Wearing clothes that specifically call to sexual suggestion is another. She is also getting these good christian fundie folks who have been  adamantly against dancing to allow at least two at her wedding? Whoa and wow. Again, they are letting her do it. I too am in shock or maybe in awe! lol

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Am I the only one who's irrationally annoyed that NOTHING is from the same time period in their mid-evil theme? 

I’m having a hard time remembering which ones I’ve seen since they’re on so many threads, but I recall a wench and one princess who could *kind of* be loosely interpreted as mid-evil, but the others are so far off that they’re as laughable as “mid-evil” itself. 

1 minute ago, catlady said:

I’m having a hard time remembering which ones I’ve seen since they’re on so many threads, but I recall a wench and one princess who could *kind of* be loosely interpreted as mid-evil, but the others are so far off that they’re as laughable as “mid-evil” itself. 

Carlin is vaguely 1500s, Alyssa is 1200s-ish, Whitney is wearing basically a modern dirndl, and Erin is wearing the Cinderella dress from the new live-action movie, which is sorta-kinda 1860s-inspired (but other costumes in the movie are very 1940s-inspired). 

Come on Bateseseseses, you picked the least problematic time period you could portray (I'm honestly impressed that you didn't pick Antebellum 1860s, though perhaps UPTV told you that was a massive no-go) and you have plenty of money to get some decent costumes...and we get this hodgepodge? 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'm most annoyed by their "House Bates" sigil in the background with the dragon. This isn't Game of Thrones. You look down on us heathens who love and watch it so you don't get to dress up to pretend to be a part of it. 

Though a medieval theme may allow you to act even more patriarchal then you do now. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I'm most annoyed by their "House Bates" sigil in the background with the dragon. This isn't Game of Thrones. You look down on us heathens who love and watch it so you don't get to dress up to pretend to be a part of it. 

Though a medieval theme may allow you to act even more patriarchal then you do now. :pb_rollseyes:

Mama Jane: Tell Kelly Jo. I want her to know it was ME. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

20 minutes ago, Casserole said:

Haha, I'm sorry, but literally nothing about their pretty princess party suggests 'Game of Thrones' to me. I kind of doubt that's what they were going for.

The patriarchy was alive and well in "mid-evil" times, but I wonder if they realize the fair maidens and knights in armour they're portraying would have all been Catholics? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Perhaps the Bates should have contacted Doug Phillips and other VF cosplay experts for costume advice. Those costumes are absolutely atrocious.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Am I the only one who's irrationally annoyed that NOTHING is from the same time period in their mid-evil theme? 

Which time period is considered mid-evil? I'm not familiar with that one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic