IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

So gift grabby to post links on her instagram. Three times actually (feed, stories and bio), but I'd expect nothing less. I'm so excited to see how crazy and ott she gets about this wedding. 

Why do they need 6 blankets? And all those fake plants. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Just now, HideousGreenShirt said:

So gift grabby to post links on her instagram. Three times actually (feed, stories and bio), but I'd expect nothing less. I'm so excited to see how crazy and ott she gets about this wedding. 

Why do they need 6 blankets? And all those fake plants. 

This is by far the tackiest thing I have EVER seen. And I commented to her in kind. Fuck this blatant grifting! 6 blankets but no pots/pans, dishes/flatware, towels? Such a strange registry for a couple who has never lived together before. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Why do they need 6 blankets?

Sister_aunts coming over to help with the babies and selfie staging need them when they crash on the couch.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Ok I am weird? She has listed two types of coffee cups, three of each. This made me uncomfortable, I would have to buy these as a minimum of four....

I don't know why I balked at this, I just did. I found it weird....

random

Edited to add that she ordered a cup tree. I would then ask for however many cups needed for that and they would all be the same. Over time i realise they will become mismatched as things break and you want to hang up your special one off wifey cup lol. If I was starting a house (at some one else's expense) I would have all matchy matchy.

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

This is by far the tackiest thing I have EVER seen. And I commented to her in kind. Fuck this blatant grifting! 6 blankets but no pots/pans, dishes/flatware, towels? Such a strange registry for a couple who has never lived together before. 

They seem to have registered for kitchen items on their Amazon registry.

• Thank You 4

Some adoring leg humper already sent them a crockpot ?‍♀️ and someone else claims they named their daughter after her. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Apologies if its already been posted, but their first wedding registry is up --Target--at https://registry.theknot.com/carlin-bates-evan-stewart-may-2019-tn/31154367

[Carlin had mentioned in an Insta comment last week that she was working on it.}

Don't adjust your screen. Her registry really is that monocromatic.

I honestly wasn't expecting Carlin to be kinda quasi-Scandi/all black and white in her taste! I pegged her as either super goddamn extra af maximalist, or bougie faux-rustic. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Side note: How does Whitney never take a bad photo? Even with the goofy expression here she still looks phenomenal. Did she sell her soul when she married Zach or something?  :pb_lol:

(That’s a joke, but I’m pretty sure the answer is yes.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 8

I'm actually shocked how much I like her style. Except for the clock, the fringe pillows/baskets and the fake plants I would be happy with all of the things on the register. 

Edited by CarrotCake

She turned the comments off the registry post. I’m guessing she didn’t like comments about it being greedy to post it all over the place? :pb_lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm actually shocked how much I like her style. Except for the clock, the fringe pillows/baskets and the fake plants I would be happy with all of the things on the register. 

I totally don't get registering for a fake plant.  

It is amazing how much has already been purchased off their Amazon registry: https://www.amazon.com/wedding/carlin-bates-evan-stewart-knoxville-may-2019/registry/2075YQ5BE2B2S

I hope the Maxwells get them the pizza cutter

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I totally don't get registering for a fake plant.  

It is amazing how much has already been purchased off their Amazon registry: https://www.amazon.com/wedding/carlin-bates-evan-stewart-knoxville-may-2019/registry/2075YQ5BE2B2S

I hope the Maxwells get them the pizza cutter

Registering is not a thing where I am from so I don't know what is appropriate but those fake plants (especially the ones without a pot) are so expensive. First I thought: who would give a (fake) plant? You can just buy one on your next grocery trip. But 10 dollars for one stem is insane.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Side note: How does Whitney never take a bad photo? Even with the goofy expression here she still looks phenomenal. Did she sell her soul when she married Zach or something?  :pb_lol:

(That’s a joke, but I’m pretty sure the answer is yes.)

And those 2 little ones she has procreated are gorgeous!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josie’s was pretty monochromatic too. I guess I can’t blame them. Whites, grays, and black are pretty in right now when it comes to home colors. And if they keep it fairly neutral, maybe they will keep the stuff longer. For example, if everything they register for is fire engine red and they get tired of it, they have to replace all the red stuff even if it’s still functioning well. 

Mr LBE and I are in the process of decorating our apartment and we have used similar logic. We figured if we get a lot of the "big" things in neutral greys/blacks/whites, we can then use things like a blanket or cushions or placemats something for some colour. Then if we decide we are no longer "feeling" fire engine red, we can just get a new throw blanket and change the cushion covers or placemats instead of having to replace the couch/rug/the table itself/etc.  

However we are coming at this as two people who are not master grifters and are stuck buying this stuff ourselves (sigh). 

We are getting married soon and most people just give cash, which we plan to keep as savings (we haven't asked for it explicitly, it is just kinda the "done thing" in out circles). We have a small registry of the traditional stuff with some towels, sheets, kitchenware, with a variety of price points for those who are a bit more traditional and prefer not to give money (mainly older relatives). 

Edited by LawsonBatesEgo
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok I am weird? She has listed two types of coffee cups, three of each. This made me uncomfortable, I would have to buy these as a minimum of four....

Perhaps she only needed 3 of each type to complete the sets because she's already collected a few that are packed in her hope chest.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She turned the comments off the registry post. I’m guessing she didn’t like comments about it being greedy to post it all over the place? :pb_lol:

It might be gift grabby to post the registries all over the place but the actual contents are quite reasonable and practical compared to some others.  No multiples of bath towels and 4 or 5 complete bedding sets, or guns, for example. ;)

She has two 8 place settings of Corelle listed, but that is reasonable given the numbers in that family, no fancy china, and a reasonable number of pots and pans and other basic kitchen equipment.

The clock is not my taste, I dislike plastic dust collectors fake plants, and I desperately want to suggest a hot pink or citrus yellow throw for a pop of color, but I don't think these registries are particularly snark-worthy.

Shucks.

But perhaps the BBB and Crate and Barrel registries are still to be posted and have the expensive stuff there.  :angry-tappingfoot:

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Also why is there so much tupperware? 

She only knows how to cook enormous quantities of food so she’s going to have a lot of leftovers.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

I own the white cotton baskets from her registry. They are filled with dog stuff (leashes, harness, toys that I pick up). I like Target neutral stuff for the basics. Her list seems pretty normal. I expected her registery to be more over the top. I am disappointed. 

• Upvote 2

sounds like another mega / hipster / cool / sneakily racist (Spanish & bus routes . . . im only guessing . . .) / sneakily inclusive but not really fundie church 

Doesn't say anything about being KJV only or blatantly say gay marriage is wrong, marital roles, etc like some churches do right on the website, which is why I'm calling it "sneakily inclusive."

I have noticed a lot of these "sneaky" hipster churches popping up. One of my friends who was baptized Catholic but has never practiced the faith began attending one and got re-baptized. The theology is dubious (not necessarily fundie, just weird and it seems to pick and choose from different denominations, very self-centered, slightly prosperity Gospel, etc.) and she can't really explain/ defend anything related to the church. In my mind it has sneaky beliefs or mega church money motives and is just praying on people like her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

What's a singles class? Is it like fundie Christian Mingle?

I think even non fundie churches have “singles” get together. I’ve never been to one though. I just know people who have attended them in their church. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic