IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 4: In Case Anyone Forgot, Carlin Is ENGAGED Y'all

HerNameIsBuffy

On 4/14/2019 at 12:32 AM, Deleorean88mph said:

This is from Carlin's wedding shower. This expression is meme worthy, anyone got anything?

Screenshot_20190414-013110_Instagram.jpg

Giant phallic symbol.  Shocked expression.... Nope.  Nothing comes to mind.  Why do you ask?

• Haha 11

That's the look you give when one child has cut another child's hair, or when a little one has spread poop on the walls or has powdered their room.

• Haha 5

Carlin’s expression is just too perfect for words.

I will say, it was very thoughtful for someone to gift them a painting of the place they got engaged. I think Kelly said the person painted it themselves. It looks like Carlin was caught at a bad moment where her expression was switching between shock and excitement or something. But whoever painted it is very talented - it’s a beautiful picture.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Carlin’s expression is just too perfect for words.

I will say, it was very thoughtful for someone to gift them a painting of the place they got engaged. I think Kelly said the person painted it themselves. It looks like Carlin was caught at a bad moment where her expression was switching between shock and excitement or something. But whoever painted it is very talented - it’s a beautiful picture.

I can see her saying in this picture: “Oh my stars! You painted this?!”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

this is kind of pissing me off and I can't really pin point why because usually something like this wouldn't bother me but I think it might be Carlin's headship stare combined with Evan's caption. oh Carlin what are you getting yourself into.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

Is this her first fundie headship stare?

she's done it before a few times but something about this one seems more practiced and painted on. many times when she does it she's almost laughing this one she almost looks like she had to paint that smile on her face. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

That caption makes me feel... ugh... icky. Ugh.

There are plenty of reasons why a woman might want to change her name once she gets married. I see it as each woman's choice to do so (or not). But the way Evan phrased it... sounds so possesive. So uneasy. Like he will change her name for her, like he will make Carlin his ''thing''? Maybe I'm reading too much into this (you can call me off on it) but it really rubs me to wrong way.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 17

13 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I can't believe any of the Bates girls truly have a choice to change their name or not.

Of course the hypocrisy is that the married Bates women continue to use their birth surnames A LOT  to make sure they continue to get their share of D-List fame. 

But I'm sure they disapprove of married women like me who have chosen to not formally take on our partner's surnames.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

That caption is super creepy. He's saying she has no choice - HE'S the one doing the change, not her. Gross, completely gross. He might as well say, "a month until I take control of my shiny new possession!"

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Looking back, I kind of wish I'd made my husband do all the name changing work! Not sure that's allowed, but I think it makes sense that if the dude wants you to change your name, they should be the one waiting in line at SSA and the DMV and the bank and following up with the doctor's office and HR. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what Evan is implying here!

I've been married almost 5 years and I still find things under my maiden name all the time. 

• Upvote 4

I got married at 21 so I didn't have much to change. We got married at the courthouse and immediately went to ssa to change my name because we were so excited-then we went to the DMV. After that, it was just a visit to my University and I was done changing names. 

We've been married awhile now (in the teen years) and if I get something in my maiden name, I assume it isn't that important. 

Evans post about changing Carlin’s name annoys me so much!! I’ve been married for almost 10 years and never officially or socially changed my last name. I I hate the assumption that I have to automatically change my name when I get married. It should be a choice. I chose not to for a variety of reasons. My last name reflects my ethnic heritage and I hated the idea of losing that part of me.  Some people in my family teased me about it and a few continue to mail things to me as Mrs. husbandslastname. I honestly don’t care but I think it’s funny that people disapprove of this. Lol Thankfully, my husband could care less. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Slightly off topic, but Evan's brother Ethan have a girlfriend. Thanks Rufus its not Katie as speculated for some time. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 3

She looks like Taylor Swift.

Too bad she is not matched with Trace or they would be the fundie version of Taylor Swift and Lautner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Fucking Pickles has posted Carlin's FULL invitation on her page and then when called on it, says "its the bates who cares" Fuck she is a bitch. Normal people care Pickles, NORMAL PEOPLE. I may not share Carlins beliefs but this is not ok to share shit like the ADDRESS. Sorry not reposting here, it would be hypocritical of me. UGH

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 9

8 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Fucking Pickles has posted Carlin's FULL invitation on her page and then when called on it, says "its the bates who cares" Fuck she is a bitch. Normal people care Pickles, NORMAL PEOPLE. I may not share Carlins beliefs but this is not ok to share shit like the ADDRESS. Sorry not reposting here, it would be hypocritical of me. UGH

Saw it because someone reposted it on reddit. The invitation says they will have an actual dinner! Thats a first for sure.

9 minutes ago, llucie said:

Saw it because someone reposted it on reddit. The invitation says they will have an actual dinner! Thats a first for sure.

I though the Bates did dinner on more weddings, but maybe I am wrong.

49 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Michael’s wedding had a proper meal I think. I remember on an episode they went to a restaurant that Michael liked because she used to babysit their kids and she asked them to make sandwiches. 

Edited by VBOY9977

51 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Not real dinner, they had like cake and a few other things to eat. For me dinner is sitting down and having a couple courses at least. But maybe thats what they call dinner and this one its the same then.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, miss_batson said:

Slightly off topic, but Evan's brother Ethan have a girlfriend. Thanks Rufus its not Katie as speculated for some time. ?

Who is she? She looks like the girl from the greek orthodox people fiasco.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, Chewing Gum said:

Who is she? She looks like the girl from the greek orthodox people fiasco.

Her name is Emma Grace Eppes, someone posted about her in the unmarried fundies thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic